Review of Moissanite

Morrisville, North Carolina 27560, US
sales@charlesandcolvard.com

adamr170
8/16/18

I think moissanite looks amazing, I bought stellarit moissanite and it looks fantastics on my engagement ring.

pata63
3/18/18

DO NOT BUY FROM CC MOISSANITE. They will NOT fulfill warranty. Total joke. If you buy from a "walk in store" rather than someone like Ebay, get it in WRITING. Stones will fall out rather quickly and they WILL NOT UPHOLD warranty. RUN.... My humble opine only. Do your due diligence!

lories5
4/5/17

Shopped for 2 years and finally saw the ring of our dreams at Moissanite.com
Bought a 2 carat "estate" ring for my wedding ring. Beautiful. So many people would comment on it and women would stare at it from across the restaurant.
But then the problems started. Within 2 months some of the smaller stones had fallen out. Took weeks and repeated calls before customer service would respond. Some snippy woman immediately said "It's been 30 days, you can't return it."
She finally agreed that it was under a1 year warranty and she would send us the FedEx envelope. It didn't come . Took another 6 weeks of back and forth, ignoring our calls, and more promises that the envelope was on the way before we finally got it.
A couple of weeks later we were contacted by a jeweler in New York. They had sent it to the wrong people, so they were forwarding it to the correct place.
So, it was finally repaired and returned to us. 3 months later more stones fell out and we went through the same runaround with customer service delaying repairs for months.
When I returned it,I also asked them to straighten the setting on the central stone since it was tilting to one side. They didn't.
2 months later another stone fell out. Only because of all their delays, it was out of warranty.
I noticed that they responded to someone saying that it wasn't them because they don't use wax molds. So apparently, they read these comments but still don't care about their quality of customer support.
The Charles and Colvard patent is just about to expire. I suggest buying from their competitors.

dannyj21
1/21/17

Bought a stone from them and it was fake. Within 24 hrs then send another stone, by regular mail, and it too was fake. Do not buy from these people. Scam artists all the way!

Response from Ruth H., Moissanite Representative
Hi Danny,
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have an extensive process for quality control and would like to hear more about why you believe you got a fake moissanite stone. Please feel free to reach out to me personally, khenry@charlesandcolvard.com. thanks so much, looking forward to hearing from you!
lucilles5
12/25/16

As an update to my previous review. I took my rings to a local jeweler. They laser soldered them together, and I have not had a problem. So as I stated in the first review, Moissy stone Yes, but take it somewhere else to have it set. You'll love it!

wonderh
9/28/16

i am contacting their customer service before buying a ring from them. Here is the conversation below. I don't mind if they are only providing 1 year warranty but don't fool your customers by a wording game.

joela24
4/8/16

Bought a 800+ ring that was damaged due to normal use for an active person. Ring was sent back to moissonite.com and they at first promised it would be taken care of free of charge, and that there was no problem. Months later, they decide the ring is too damage to be fixed and slap me with a 300$ bill to fix it. Stuck between my wife and the bill, you know I chose to pay it. Besides the double cross on the warranty, the company consistently failed to call me when they said they would. Double fail. One star is warranted for this kind of service.

I'm very unimpressed.

fergust
3/18/16

(See bottom for update)
I paid for an engagement ring during a 25% off sale and received an email two days later from GlobalShopex (the international checkout company moissanite.com use) saying the item was out of stock. I chatted with Khalilah on moissanite.com and "They don't have access to international orders, contact the checkout company". When I pointed out how ridiculous it is that the company selling the ring doesn't know if they even have the item to sell the point got through. The ring was indeed out of stock.

Now I'm $4000 out of pocket until the paypal reverses, I'ved missed the 25% off sale and don't have the ring I wanted. Oh, and the ring is still showing as "in stock" for the next unsuspecting customer to go through this ordeal.

UPDATE: I finally received the ring, once Moissanite,com had finally figured out they did actually have the ring in stock, international shipping was relatively fast. The ring is of terrible quality, the stone was about to fall out! see it here: https://youtu.be/vr5FggTIgRU

Thier sales policy is that "All International sales are final" So I'm stuck with this thing. I'm furious. I told Moissanite.com, as an FYI and to see if their quality control was interested in this abysmal product and their reply was snarky and dismissive. It really added insult to injury.

judya15
10/4/15

beautiful ring - very pleased

slavkod
9/28/15

I've been searching for an engagement ring for quite a while, and finally learned about moissanite by reading an article on diamond alternatives. Needles to say, I started researching some about this gem, and decided it is the way to go.

Then came another obstacle... I've been set on a cushion cut hallo ring, a forever brilliant, but the seller was overstock. After reading so many bad reviews about the store, I started searching elsewhere and then I stumbled across this article ( https://www.lifestyleupdated.com/moissanite-engagement-rings/ ) and discovered moissanite.com

The price was great (actually caught the 4th of July discount) and it shipped within a day. Three days later here comes the ring. I proposed, my girlfriend said Yes, and she loves it. Sparkling and shining like you wouldn't believe.

susano26
8/23/15

I ordered a ring on clearance. My order came quickly, but it was not what I ordered, it was a more expensive ring. I called customer service and spoke with a young woman who told me that occasionally they send out something similar but a higher value when the item ordered is unavailable. She told me she would verify that was the situation and call me back, which she did, too tell me that was what had happened and the ring was mine. Definitely exceeded my expectations. I love my ring.

aliciam32
8/21/15

Gorgeous! Super sparkle! Such a smart idea, she loves it!

richardb166
8/21/15

Just did in the title.

vincentd23
8/20/15

All of the Forever Brilliant pieces that I purchased are all amazing!

lucileg
8/20/15

I lost a one carat diamond stud earring set in yellow gold. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a one carat moissanite stone from you. that one was set in white gold so I took both of them to Jarods Jewelry store so they could reset my diamond in a white gold setting to match the moissanite. The goldsmith came out of the lab to ask me which one was the diamond. he said they both tested as diamond! I was able to tell because the moissanite stone was slightly larger.

lisaw107
8/20/15

I have purchased four pieces of Moissanite in the past few years.
Each one excites me and I have never purchased a piece that I did not like.
I wear it proudly and I have received more compliments on it that any of my expensive diamonds. It truly is my gem of choice.

dianah19
8/20/15

very special shape for moissanite

alfredz1
8/20/15

WE like the forever bright stones shine moor than natural love it

yolandar4
8/20/15

My moissanite ring was everything I expected. I love when I am driving and the sun hits the stone. It,s like an invasion of stars in the car. I also love my stud earrings.

lindyn
8/20/15

It took awhile to get it but once we finally did, it was the most beautiful ring I ever seen.

michaels296
8/20/15

Easy, fast, accurate and fulfilling

ruthk15
8/19/15

I'm a senior and live in a senior building. Many of the residents think that my
moissanite jewelry is real, and have said they have never heard of it. I tell them
that the reflection is stronger than a diamond, and the care is just the same. I,
personally, would not buy diamonds anymore, since if one tries to sell any, you
cannot get any money near to what you paid, and my impression is that mois-
sanite looks about the same or better than a diamond, and no one can tell the difference. Here is an example: My late husband and I went into a jewelry store that was owned by two brothers. I had a moissanite ring (1/14 ct.), and wanted to replace the older setting to a newer one. The one brother thought it was a diamond, as did the other one, until he used the loop. This was about 15 yrs. ago, and we paid much more than it is today.

carols94
8/19/15

I had a cracked stone, which I may have had to live with- but the rep told me about a program to help in such circumstances. I contacted a local jeweler who dealt in moissanite. He fixed the ring & help me upgrade it to forever brilliant and it looks gorgeous. I paid a reasonable price & was delighted- lots of compliments!

wb14
8/19/15

Very positive shopping experience on the website.

yvonnem14
8/19/15

My ring is so special I get compliments every where I wear it. Everyone thinks it was custom made for me.

Hi David, We have not dealt with this issue to my knowledge, can you provide more detail about your purchase so we can do some digging and contact our gemologists? For example what clarity is the stone (Assuming VG or G1 given the year), an email or full name? Also, has the stone come in contact with any chemicals?

By Ruth H., Moissanite Representative

There are 3 qualities of created moissanite gemstones sold today from Charles & Colvard. We have Forever Classic (approximately J-K), Forever Brilliant (approximately G-H-I) and our newest and colorless quality that is known as Forever One (approximately D-E-F). All Charles & Colvard created moissanite gemstones are from North Carolina. As to the grade of moissanite sold on JTV, with their representative Charles Winston, it is considered the Classic grade.

By Ruth H., Moissanite Representative

Audrey- Our new grade of Forever One moissanite is a completely colorless gemstone. It is absolutely gorgeous. Without having made the commitment to purchasing a Moissanite loose gems can you elaborate on inconsistent quality and evasive customer service so that we can put your mind at ease and you can rest assured that buying directly from the source is the way to go!

By Ruth H., Moissanite Representative

Hi Jody- Thanks for the question. Charles Winston uses the moissanite we manufacture in some of his jewelry designs but he has never been an employee of Charles and Colvard. The names Charles & Colvard actually comes from names of the father and grandfather of the Cree, Inc. founders. Charles Cree Hunter and Fred Neal Colvard. We are delighted that you placed your order with Moissanite.com and you can rest easy knowing that you purchased directly from the source. Charles and Colvard has spent the last 20 years innovating and improving the quality of our stones. Each moissanite stone is backed by our limited lifetime warranty. If we can be of further assistance please call customer service at (877) 202-5467. We are available by phone, email and chat.

By Ruth H., Moissanite Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Moissanite staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Moissanite