Review of Mix

Mix reviews

8 reviews with 1 star

medinae
3/1/19

I really tried to adapt to the new web, and at first I thought I was the problem that couldn't figure it out the new design and how it work but then I came to a conclusion that it does sucks and that I do I hate it.
I loved the way Stumble Upon worked, it was helpful, fun and excited. I don´t understand whats the purpose on Mix, there is nothing useful nor interesting.

connorg24
2/19/19

I can't believe what has happened. Stumble Upon was one of my favorite sites ever. It actually found stuff for me based on what I was actually interested in. I don't know what this convoluted mess Mix is. I log in and all I see is this board that looks like click-bait ads. Not only does it not pertain to anything I have interest in, the whole idea is so much worse than Stumble Upon. I liked Stumble Upon because I could just go to a random site and it was always so exciting. That was taken away when I was given a wall of unnapealing b.s. I wanted nothing to do with. This is ridiculous.

libbyb19
2/17/19

Gone is stumble upon, replaced with Pinterest-type nightmare from hell. Its content is mostly corporate ads and news sites. The topics that you could search on in stumble upon no longer exist. I hope Camp's mother boxes his ears soundly until they ring for this monstrosity.

coryb55
11/18/18

These people say they're "buying out Stumbleupon". Wouldn't that normally mean they're taking the old database from the SITE THEY'RE TAKING OVER and using it? I've been using SU for about seven years, and I had 400+ favorited pages and had hundreds of followers. When Mix.com took it over, I had ZERO sites and ZERO followers. I'll never be able to find those sites again, that's the main reason why I FAVORITED them on SU.

I E-mailed the new owners and they said "sorry, all Stumbleupon data has been deleted."

Really? You bought out a company to delete everything they've compiled over many, MANY years? Why would I ever use your site now. Please, no one ever use this site. I made the mistake of not locally bookmarking amazing pages only to never see them again. Why not just make a new site instead of buying out a successful company and deleting all their data saved from a decade or more of being active?

I don't care what they're doing now, I will never use this site. I want the original StumbleUpon back so bad... I've spent hours trying to find my old favorited sites/pages and I've found maybe five, but they were youtube videos and I liked them on the actual site... If I could give them a 0 out of 5 I would. DO NO USE THIS SITE!

yoshiyao
11/16/18

When I logged onto mix yesterday (before I was deleted) I saw posts in my recommended feed like; "All celebrities are in the illuminati" and some "new world order" stuff. Like really? Do I care about conspiracies and why are they in my feed, I don't care about it!

I also got politics in my feed which is quite annoying because I don't care about Donald Trump or any other politicians - it's not my thing :: I don't even vote! I like beauty, health and skin care - but guess what; non of those appeared in my feed. It's all useless!

They also delete users for no reason at all - I only got deleted for posting my blog posts on there. I didn't post anything against their terms so I don't know why I got banned also I didn't spam either. They're garbage now - better when they branded as; "stumbleupon" now it's just.. Disgraceful what has happened.

- Obara Yoshiya

ingridh23
10/12/18

Stumble Upon was such a fun website in that you could just click the stumble button and be completely surprised by what popped up. I CANNOT STAND scrolling through pages of nonsense articles to find something I'm even remotely interested in clicking on in Mix. So beyond disappointed to see SU go away and be replaced by something I have zero interest in using. The idea of Stumble Upon bringing you to a site automatically that you may not have clicked on in the first place was the magic of it. Mix is difficult to use and BORING. What a shame.

rar18
9/3/18

You know, as someone who is scientifically educated and politically neutral, it is IMPOSSIBLE to browse the Internet given the propaganda and hate-based algorithm's the pussyhats in Sillycon Valley thrust as part of their pussy new world order.

I only discovered StumbledUpon in Spring of it's final year 2018 -- and found it to be such an incredible relief from Yahoo! - type filth that I was literally saved. It was the most valbuable website on the internet next to Google.com.

And, OF COURSE IT'S GONE. Mix is liberally biased, uninteresting trash.

I hate you for taking down this amazing website. How much did it really cost to maintain??? Probably $100 a month. It was removed because it was unbiased, fair, and democratic.

SOMEONE PLEASE REPLACE STUMBLEDUPON -- for the love of God and all things holy and unbiased.

alexs318
8/25/18

This website moderation is really loser. Had a large disappointment after SU disappeared. After I met with Mix.com I totally depressed. Don't lose your time with content curation on this website. Doesn't worth it.

Questions? Get answers from the Mix staff and other customers.

Mix?