Review of Mimecast

Tel: +1 617 393 7050

1 Review From Our Community

vincentl48
5/4/18

Yet another one of those companies that buys lists from conferences, etc. and then mass-spams (of course, with no opt out link, so you actually would have to make contact to opt out) the whole word looking to develop cold leads (not sure how this ever works, but I suppose some folks read this crap?).

This one is particularly cute because the geniouses who setup their lead-gen journeys either think they're clever or just don't care how many people they alienate. So, I spam from "Kerry Anti" with creative messages that say things like "Per our conversation back in December, you mentioned that May would be the best time to reach back to discuss your email security initiatives...". But of course, this discussion never took place (actually the email to which they sent this spam didn't exist in December... as I was not in current role then...). Awesome.

Some might call it a weak lie. Others might call it just creative lead generation. The one thing I'm sure of is that it definitely creates brand recognition. The mimecast name is definitely stuck in my head now (though I have no idea what they actually do). I will absolutely go out of way to avoid doing business with them and gladly warn off any colleagues who ask.

Questions? Get answers from the Mimecast staff and other customers.

Mimecast?