Mikefuscobuilder reviews

mikefuscobuilder.com@contactprivacy.com

1 Review From Our Community

colleend6
7/30/18

Having nothing but problems with our current General Contractor for our modular home, we sought a new G.C., and Mr. Fusco was on Angie's List, so we thought we were safe. I sent him our building plans, septic/well info, etc., and right from the start, I could tell he had a more-than-healthy ego. He seems to be stuck on his business in North Carolina - talks about it nonstop- though he's supposedly moved back to VA and has a valid license through DPOR for Virginia. He talked so much, so fast, and off-topic that I couldn't get a word in edgewise; and wondered in earnest if he was off his meds!

But he said he wanted to see our land; and the mod home on the lot, so I took him seriously. After looking at our documentation, he called me back and proceeded to trash-talk our home, saying it was going to fall apart, that it was actually a trailer (it's not) - and that he could build me one much better from his Excel modular homes stock. So it was a sales tactic; and a very high-pressure, aggressive phone call that left me absolutely miserable; and still without a G.C.

I don't know if the quality of his work is good or not - I didn't get a chance to see because he turned me off completely with those high-pressure sales tactics and general lack of manners on the phone. I also note there's zero reviews out there for his business - good OR bad; in VA or NC- so I wonder how much business he actually does. Maybe if you want an Excel home, he's your guy. To me, his attitude doesn't inspire trust and I think it's dishonest and unprofessional for him to have trash-talked our home, sight unseen. If he couldn't/wouldn't help, he could have simply said so and without abusing his potential customer.

Tip for consumers: I'm going to look for more reputable builders in the National Association of Home Builders (nahb.org.) Sometimes a Certification means something.

Questions? Get answers from the Mikefuscobuilder staff and other customers.

Mikefuscobuilder?