Review of Micro Center

dfoster@microcenter.com
2018 Customer choice award

eugeneh54
12/5/18

The service works great and treats the clients in a positive way. Good in terms of pricing and delivery times

wendyb219
11/3/18

My son purchased an Acer Predator from Microcenter on 6/7/2017 and asked for the best warranty - I was with him and he was given the 2 year accidental damage protection plan. The laptop proved too heavy to take to college and he wanted something lighter. The salesman had told us we could bring it back if it wasn't the right fit for him within a few weeks and he did. My son purchased an Apple MacBook Pro and asked for the same coverage. They sold him a 3 yr protection plan which Broke down to 3 years of priority care and 3 yr appl macbk/air care plan. Since he asked for the same, he felt it was the same. There was no reason to question the salesman. It turned out he bought one plan, but there was another one that was a little bit more $$ that he didn't offer him which would've covered everything. The MacBook got a drink spilled on it and when he went to the store to swap it out, they kept it for a week and then finally decided it would not be covered. I went today to pick it up and talked to 3 different people - Eric Grierson, Knowledge manager (who understood why I was mad, but said the conversation was going in circles and there was nothing he could do), John Leisure (Apple Sales Consultant) and Thomas Oatts (Retail Sales Supervisor) and no one stood behind what happened to my son, but kept saying that their salesperson (who is no longer with the company) would never have done that. We have been a frequent customer of Micro Center since 2013 and have a list of receipts, we normally have a lot of confidence in the company but now I am worried that other customers don't realize what their warranties cover either and that a lot of other people will be in the same circumstance as us. Out $1500 with them asking for an additional $600 from my college student to fix what they did wrong.

The records that I have and the records that Micro Center have are similar in detail. However, the reason I filed the complaint is because of the warranty. When the original purchase was returned, my son requested the SAME warranty. After visiting the store, I was told that the SAME warranty was available, but WAS NOT sold to my son. Why would the salesperson make that decision for my son?? Based on the salespersons decision for my son on what warranty he needed, the computer is not covered. This continues to be my complaint. Why would I pay an additional $600 when it was the stores error and not ours. My son was 18 at the time of purchase and I don't know what the salesperson was thinking or if he felt my son could not afford more based on his age.

This is what I am worried for - not only for my son - but for every customer that walks in the store. Each customer needs to be made fully aware of every warranty that is available and what it covers and what it don't cover. When I bought my computer as well as my daughters from Best Buy, when I left, the warranty was crystal clear. When my son asked for the same warranty, why wasn't he given the same warranty.
I have asked for a refund and they are not responding.

terryb296
7/2/18

I had a problem with my laptop. So I had to buy new one. Wanted to buy it from Amazon or Dell but I need it urgently for my work. So I had to go to this store to pick one. Surely I had paid little bit more than Dell or Amazon. But at least I got going with my work on the same day. Good place to get stuff when you are urgent.

juneatc
5/20/18

I was so excited when I bought my first computer I was so excited..just the right color.It was on clearance.. never was told it was refurbished..but should have known..I purchased it August 2017. not even a year old..I keep getting a message..free up storage..my hubby..look at it for me found pictures of some.. people on vacation. I couldn't believe ..still more pop-ups..then I was told by a friend your computer is going to crash..it did..took it in for service to see if they could fix the problem they refused gave me the run around told me they don't do anything for used computer wanted to charge me more then what i pay for it talk to manager he brushed me off terribly..sad.sad..story...but my intelligent son fix it right now..I will never buy a computer or any other thing..costumer service stinkkkkkks

barbaram237
1/26/18

I need a battery replacement for my iPhone 6s. Micro Center Tustin is listed as an authorized service provider for this, and appointments can be scheduled through Apple Support. But . . . I specifically called the number for the Tustin store listed on the Micro Center website and inquired about a battery replacement. I was told that the store does not take appointments,and I should just show up at the Service Desk. So, I took my lunch hour to drive to the store, wait in line at the service desk, only to be told when I reached the front of the line, that they don't have any batteries in stock. What????? It would have been nice if they had told me that on the phone. Idiots! I'm not impressed.

bryans89
12/23/17

I am a small business owner that purchased a Power Spec PC yesterday to upgrade an existing PC. The salesperson was able to find a PC with the specs I needed. Once I returned to my office, I noticed that the PC had Windows 10 Home rather than Pro. The PC that I was shown had Windows 10 Pro which is a requirement for my environment. When I contacted customer support, they were unable to work with me to correct the issue. Their only option: Purchase a new operating system. I have purchased over 10 PCs, 6 laptops, and 5 tablets as well as other various products just in the last 12 months. Well... not any longer. I will not return. They could care less about keeping good customers, therefore we will take our business elsewhere.

christians79
12/19/17

If you need it today and prefer to be hands on, they stand alone. Everything is cheaper online, that comparison is not valuable for Microcenter. Can neverheardofthem.com deliver same day? Warranty?

Thats what you pay for. The reps are generally smart too, unlike the DAs you might encounter at a big box store.

rayw69
12/12/17

Old school in the fact they have most everything, but still high tech and cutting edge on product selection. Love this place.

brianb271
11/30/17

You supposedly can pick up in 18 minutes but it takes them 2 1/2 days just to ship an overnight order. I ordered the part on Tuesday with overnight shipping and won't receive it until the 4th!!! How does this make any sense? Two calls later...with a promise to ship the next day that was broken and another call to hear the customer service person spew the company line of "it takes time to ship and overnight is from when we ship it, not when you order" Total BS...Company sucks...wish I could give them 0 stars.

nancyh196
11/16/17

Great help and I always find the product I'm looking for. We've purchased 2 computers from them, and they give a lot of bang for the buck.

kevins260
11/4/17

Don't buy the Power Spec. We have had three different ones in the past month, all with the same hardware issue. What a waste of time!!!! This is totally unacceptable Micro Center!!!!

galinad1
7/1/17

Brought my computer with one problem, but left with two. Unfortunately, they are wasnt able to fix the problem which is perfectly fine, soon as drove back to home, I plugged in and shock.... the keyboard (two rows)... wasnt able to type. I drove back to the store in an hour and one of the managers blamed on me, maybe it wasnt working before or I spilled some water. Finally, I been told that no one is able even look it up my computer. Really? Why did I pay for the service?

maxa35
6/27/17

The service works great and treats the clients in a positive way. That's awesome! TTeir website is currently updating, so I expect it to be even more convenient.

gregorys87
6/12/17

Their prices are very low, but the shipping time is horrendous. Had to wait over a week for the laptop... Never buy here if you're in a hurry

richardj121
4/24/17

They charged my card and never sent my PC wheel. I even got an arrival date! I called 3 weeks later and they say the order was canceled the same day(!?) They now had them in stock but would not honor the original price. What a terrible experience! I have shopped Amazon and eBay 400 times and never experienced such incompetence.

Response from James A., Micro Center Representative
Sorry Richard. Did you get your refund? Please email me at custrel@microcenter.com with further information including your order information and I will see what happened.

Thanks,
James
Customer Relations
Micro Center
custrel@microcenter.com
loryt
4/13/17

Like this service and the way they treat their customers. They offer savings up to $150. That's so weird for the quality that is good enough.

maryh62
4/7/17

The Chicago location is very good for supplies such as paper and ink. However, when I took my laptop in for diagnosis and repair they initially said it would be ready in 2 days. When I went in to pick it up they had not started working on it yet. The next week they called me and said they needed to order a part. It was 3 weeks later before they had it done. The same problem recurred just over 2 months later and they said there was only a 60 DAY WARRANTY ON PARTS AND SERVICE!

Response from James A., Micro Center Representative
Hi Mary,

So sorry this happened, I just came across your review. If you had the same issue happen 2 months later, we actually have a 90 day warranty on parts and service so I apologize you were given incorrect information. Can you email me further details to custrel@microcenter.com? I will see how we can assist you.

Thanks,
James
Customer Relations
Micro Center
custrel@microcenter.com
kirr9
4/3/17

Good in terms of pricing and delivery times but has a small minus - I sometimes had to return some parts as the quality was inappropriate :(

tamerlank
3/8/17

Micro Center has good prices and services and was helpful while building my PC and buying all of the parts.

byrons26
2/17/17

Jim Rhodes went way beyond the call of duty. Thank you Jim. You really took the pain out of repairing a new printer

piperm1
1/20/17

A site to get everything in one place. I`ve bought a home pc here. Arrived in time and with extensive packaging, so everything went fine.

mickh23
11/24/16

My brother in law told me to take a look at this webiste and order my new PC from there. I listened his advice and I did not regret

pollys6
9/4/16

Great price

monayl
8/27/16

Took my money for a bench fee when they knew they didn't have the proper parts to fix it. And never checked to see what the problem was just took my money. Bad service

anthonyd80
8/24/16

I went to the microcenter in fairfax virginia to buy computer parts everything needed to build a new computer i went to the computer parts section and was immediately approached by a man named elvis he helped me and only me with everything he made sure every part i was buying was compatible with everything that it will work when i build my computer to this day 1 year later i still love my computer i use it for gaming and no problems with it t i just felt like i was treated really good and they were very helpful i went back to get a monitor and got the same treatment again from another employee all with a smile and good attitude both times thank you microcenter

30 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Micro Center staff and other customers.

Micro Center?