Review of Michelinguide

SITE CLOSED

1 star

browna3
4/2/14

Maybe the most serious website about restaurants around the world.

alexl5
11/8/10

I just gave Yelp a Meh review and wanted to say if you are looking for a really good place to eat and impress a date, go with these reviews. Why trust a bunch of fake reviews or possibly even the restaurant owner himself writing reviews on yelp? I pretty much trust Michelinguide.com OR my facebook friends reviews of sites.

tracyh1
5/2/10

Not that I can really afford even a 2 star michelin restaurant but I can dream. I much prefer using this guide on the rare occasions when I have the opportunity to eat at a nice place over say using Yelp, which is just full of garbage these days. Going on a nice trip then see this website for real fine dining

eddiel
6/18/09

Really the only international authority on fine dining. Zagats and Yelp are okay for casual Tuesday dinners, but if you want expert restaurant reviews, you should choose the Michelin Guide. I personally enjoy the New York and San Francisco guides. The only guide I have heard serious criticism of is the Japan Guide.

juliaj
11/8/08

The best professional reviews of top restaurants - Michelin, the venerable European restaurant guide, has recently come under considerable criticism for being elitist, snobby, and just plain wrong. Much of this criticism was directed at its first guides to America and Japan. I cannot vouch for its Japanese guide (although my Japanese friends do not believe European Michelin critics sufficiently appreciate the intricacies of Japanese food, which I could believe) but I have found its US guide to be excellent.

Not everyone likes critical reviews - Zagat and Yelp have become quite popular. But I find those guides to be too noisy. It's hard to tell which reviews you can trust (even when aggregated). But I do feel like I can trust Michelin. My primary experience has been in the South of France, New York and San Francisco, but all the 1 and 2 star restaurants I have been to have been amazing experiences. I would highly recommend the Michelin Guide to anyone who is serious about dining out (it's a great gift idea too =)

Questions? Get answers from the Michelinguide staff and other customers.

Michelinguide?