Mazuma Mobile

Mazuma Mobile has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Mazuma Mobile ranks 140th among Mobile Phones sites.

How would you rate Mazuma Mobile?

“Honest experience of Mazuma mobile. Con artists who damage your property and offer a fiver!”

Steve w.
9/23/20

This company is what I would call a bunch of crooks. From management down to the custome service team they are rotten to the core. Offered me £65 for my samsung S7. I sent it off (the phone was in good condition as it always had a case on from new) they put £5 into my account a week later! I returned the £5 and they sent my phone back in a piece of card. Surprise surprise it was crack and badly damaged. No apology, told me to look at t&cs on lablity. No empathy from anyone even at management level. My advice would be keep your phone in the draw its less hassle. They keep referring me to make a claim with royal mail. Even though it was a courier of their own choice! Stay clear of Mazuma

stevew1204
September 23rd, 2020

edc276
April 30th, 2020

Missold. They sent an email upon receiving my phone quoting me with £60 and asked me to accept this, however when I accepted this they conveniently reduced it to £15 when sending me the money, without informing me of the change. Would not recommend. This is how these companies make their money. Scam.

robertw82
February 15th, 2014

While this website can offer you an OK deal to recycle your old phone for cash, sometimes, for me, I just think I can get a better offer somewhere else for my mobile phones. On the odd occasion, (I think I'm the only one who has had this problem) is that they try to lower the price for the phone that was originally offered on their website.

One bad experience I had with them a few years ago, was that I went onto their website and found a good deal for my Nokia 8800 (the price I got from them was £55). I thought that it a really good deal that I got from them and within a few days, they sent me their envelope to my old phone in and sent it back to them.

Then, within a few days after sending my phone off to mazuma mobile, I went onto their website and found out that the price that they given to me was lowered to £30 and they had "claimed" to have sent me an email, telling me that they to lower the price because of some weird fault that they allegedly found on my phone. I argued my case to mazuma that the phone was sent to them in good condition and there were no faults at all because I thoroughly checked the phone before I sent it off to mazuma mobile. They said that they could do nothing at this rate and that I had to deal with what I have and of course I wasn't really happy with it but I had to accept their given price.

davidw3183
November 27th, 2020

I recently sold my mobile of 2 years to Mazuma
The said mobile was working perfectly with absolutely no issues.
I entered all the details online and was offered £240, which was great.
I sent it to them and quickly received an email stating my offer had been reduced to £25 as my phine had 'screen burn'.
I didn't even know what screen burn was until I googled it!
The phone, despite Mazumas comments did not have screen burn at all.
I rejected the offer and I was informed the mobile would be sent back to me in 3 to 5 days.
However after 2 days I received a phone call stating that the phone hadn't yet been sent back as they were going to offer more money.
But also, the lady who called stated again that the phone did have screen burn and would be expensive to repair.
She then offered me £80, which I accepted.
I'm not in any way bragging or being clever, but I'm not broke and the money, whilst handy, won't change my life, but for some this is a lot I certainly appreciate.
I accepted the offer only to close out the situation and not have the hassle of selling the phone privately.
My honest and sincere advice is STAY AWAY from Mazuma.
They are liars, crooks and cheats who take advantage of people who need money.
This review is 100% honest and I pray people don't use this company.

johnnyc124
October 2nd, 2019

I was quoted $20 for an iPhone 5S which was working perfectly when it was sent away in excellent condition. I got an email back saying there was a fault with the screen showing pink & green and they were lowering the price to $5. Cancelled my sale with them & now waiting for them to return the phone.

Questions? Get answers from the Mazuma Mobile staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mazuma Mobile?

Have a question about Mazuma Mobile?