Review of Material World

jeanettec84
12/6/19
sarahr390
11/19/19
I'm just scared to pay $29 when I don't know if I will like the stuff they pick out for me.
cassiel30
christins12
11/10/19
miad27
10/3/19
I'm so happy with my box. It was my first one but I was really excited to get this Iro jacket which I would never be able to afford on my normal budget. I also like the idea of helping the planet too :)
megand118
6/26/19
I tried selling items from my closet with my Material Box and earned pretty much what I paid for my Acne dress last month. It was super easy, just added stuff in my return bag and got cash.
tashab33
6/17/19
I like the idea you can sell stuff with your material box returns. I started sending in stuff with things I wasn't keeping from my Box which was really easy and I got shopping credit for my next Box. One of the offers was low for this theory top I had, it was like $10 when I paid over $100 but at the same time it was better than just donating it or having it just sit in my closet
kaleighb1
6/12/19
Hi. Just tried this out because my friend suggested doing it. She's sold clothes to them before so I figured I would try too. I sent in 20 items of clothes and shoes I wasn't really pulling out of my closet to wear anymore. My offer came really fast in only 2 days and was a pretty decent amount. I wasn't sure what to expect because its my first time selling my clothes but I was happy to get money for my items
nicoler299
6/6/19
I love my boxes. I just got my third one and I'm impressed as always. I've been loving what my stylist has been picking out for me!!
jills249
5/14/19
I've been using this company's subscription service for awhile now, and the majority of the time I actually buy all 5 items from the Box. Sometimes I've only gotten like 3 or 4 of the items from the Box but I'm usually really happy with the curations. My last Box I splurged on two items outside of my usual price range for Material World but they were such a great value it was worth it
kellys469
5/10/19
So I just signed up and I got my first material box and I was so excited! I wanted some cute casual pieces but I also wanted some really fun accessories and my stylist delivered. I got this really fun alexander wang dress, reformation jean jacket, a pair of frame jeans, this really cute bag from rebecca minkoff and some sunnies from chloe. I was so happy! Everything was really good prices, but for my budget I only kept the bag and dress but I'm excited to see what i'll get next.
nicolek129
5/7/19
I've sent this company two shipments and was pleased overall with the results. Be familiar with the resale world so that you won't be too disappointed with their offer. Most of my designer items were purchased from resale store for next to nothing so I've basically been able to make 4x what I've spent.
christinar156
5/5/19
I've gotten 2 boxes so far. The first one I didn't end up buying anything just because of fit issues but then the second one I got I bought 3 pieces. I sent an email to my stylist because I was going to be traveling and wanted some things for my trip, and she did a great job finding me stuff so I was pretty happy. I'll see how my next box is once I get back from my trip
rachelh246
5/3/19
I've tried both their subscription service and when you can sell things and both services have been great for me. I like shopping designer but don't want to spend too much money, so their material boxes have been great for me. I tried other boxes too like stitch fix, but didn't love the brands they sent. When I have too much in my closet from shopping, I sell it to them. Sometime it takes awhile to get my offer for my clothes but at least I get the money from it fast and sometimes shop my box from it. I think it's good if you don't want to spend too much but want quality items.
barbaram627
4/30/19
I've gotten some amazing pieces from them like a vintage Givenchy jacket and white Acne ankle boots for less than $100. I gave them a 4 since sometimes I do get old clothing that feel outdated, but it's probably a given when they are circulating only used fashion from other customers.
hs120
12/3/18
I sent 30-some pieces, mostly Eileen Fisher, Vince and Theory. They accepted 24 pieces and gave good prices. Great experience. The wait time was a week or two longer than they originally estimated.

I liked that it was designer clothing. I had read a good review in a fashion magazine of good repute.

By Gretchen I.

I've been waiting since October 18 for an offer. Two months, minimum.

By Mary K.

REAL REAL - MUCH BETTER!! It's consignment which begins at 50% but increases with price and usage.

By Mary K.

Questions? Get answers from the Material World staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Material World