Review of Malwarebytes

policies@malwarebytes.org

7 reviews with 2 stars

michaela60
11/26/17

I had it for almost 9 month.Last week I got malware that ruined my pc (blue screen),
while my premium malwarebyte was running.I do not recommend it.

Michael

leanettet
10/12/17

Downloaded this mainly to remove the bs comet.yahoo extension malware. Absolute joke. Sure it scans, the same as any other "malware" software, but basically ends there. Only allowing a quarantine of alleged infections or warning, but won't activate the actual Web protection until actual purchase. Sorry, but I'm not forking over $40 for a scape ghost scan/protection "sampler". Show me that it actually works, and THEN maybe I'll purchase.

dominicg
5/1/17

I have been aware of Malwarebytes for ages and I bought premium version. The latest upgrade brought up some false positives for normal programmes. I saw a review on youtube where they offered less realtime protection than Zemana (newer company from Turkey). When there was less competition seemed to be better product.

westleyc1
3/18/17

I used to like Malwarebytes Anti-malware and recommended it to clients. After finding out that they removed Iobit Advanced Systemcare 10.2 from my computer since they seem to think that it is a PUP. I removed MBAM from my pc and am not going to recommend their product to my clients anymore unless they fix their mistake. I trust Iobit and use several of their products. Malwarebytes is no-longer trustworthy. It piss's me off that their software which I still have a Premier membership for at least 140 something days is now useless. Buyer Beware!

cheryla47
3/16/17

Has become a problem product. Protection layers always shutting off. The worst thing they did was to eliminate the free standing product (discs). When I installed the discs, I had no problem, but since using the up-to-date version from download, I have had nothing but problems. Tech support suggests things, but it doesn't resolve issues.

ad5170
9/13/15

I bought and paid for Malwarebytes and ran it. It cleaned the computer apparently including its own executable, which couldn't be found in any folder, directory, or registry search after running. So I'm a sucker. The company wanted to fix the problem but I had spent over half a day fussing it and I was very done with it. Moving on ...

geris9
6/18/13

I have always had Malware Bytes However as of recent the product does not work in spite of purchasing the PRO. The support services are deficient to say the least. Customer service does not know anything about the product. Only email support is available unless you pay 110.00. So they stop the product from working to enable purchase of there premium services. Very disappointing.

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.

If you get an email eluding to something you've done on your computer, then YES. If you have Windows, go to task manager, go to the Processes tab and read every line. Look for a suspicious process (unsigned) running on your computer. Google Search anything you don't understand, or are unfamiliar with.

By Nan M.

MalwareBytes is installing Windows 10 files in to incompatible Systems. If you HAVE Windows 10, and still get hosed, please let me know. Thanks. Nan

By Nan M.

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.

Questions? Get answers from the Malwarebytes staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes?