Review of 1&1 Media Inc.

Tel: 3086359010

5 reviews with 2 stars

charlesw294
2/3/19

MY account cwd.wright@mail.com (UK User) has been blocked for weeks and requests for help ignored. I am desperate as need access to folders urgently for a legal matter. My password does not work and I do not recall other set up details. If the company is reading this can they contact me on cwdwright@mail.com? My phone number is 07776347729,

markg496
6/28/18

My account was blocked!! First they tagged me as an abusive user, and offered me no information, but they finally came forward and informed me that my email account had been hacked. I signed up for World Cup Soccer and the hack probably came through Russia hackers who claim to be totally innocent always. I was offered admittance back into the site, but I seriously doubt that I will accept. Cyber security is a game of cat and mouse; a difficult business these days of defending users against cyber criminals, but obviously mail.com has much room for improving their cyber defenses. I hate changing my passwords all the time!

jimm1287
12/15/16

Years ago back when I first started to use the internet, I got an email address there for my business. I thought it would be better having an @email.com address than one locked to my ISP. Like using a PO Box instead of the street address in case I move the business.

Eventually, we started using mail.com's mail collector. Since I wasn't the only one using and responding to emails, and I was using multiple computers, it seemed like a very good idea to have email centralized. Someone else can take care of something and file it, for example.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems.

First, the search function for emails is ridiculously limited. You can only search headers: to, from, subject, etc. You cannot search email content at all.

Secondly, the mail collector app change the browser to make mail.com the default for all internet searches.

The display page for emails is the kind that has buttons that don't appear until you hover the mouse over them. Great, clean, once you know them, but not so good when you're learning their site.

Worse, I have been locked out of my emails three times this week and the week isn't over.

When I called yesterday, they told me that I should NOT send any emails to anyone who hasn't already contacted me by email. Really? That's not the way to run a business.

When it locked me out today, they said the would upgrade my problem, but to not use our email account for "AWHILE". And that I should expect 24 hours before they can get back to me.

Really? I'm supposed to ignore business emails for 24 hours.

markg124
10/23/15

Mail.com started off ok, but is definitely unreliable. A while ago it seems to have just murdered a whole block of my emails - one month's worth. Disappeared without trace.

Today, another important email came in, and then disappeared as quickly as it arrived, without my even having a chance to do more than open it. Not in trash, spam or anywhere else.
Mail.com provide no contact details for you to get help. I did manage to find an email for them but got no reply or acknowledgement from them. So with mail.com, you're on your own when bad news strikes. I'll be looking to change from this strange and limited provider asap.

robertot
10/1/10

It has so great domain, but I don't like so much it's old style homepage and it's so slow user interface...

mail.com will automatically block any account about few days later. they will block any account about few days later 100% guarantee. mail.com is a 100% scam company! But why does Google lists mail.com in the top search result? I believe Google is another scam. :: Dear mail.com member, our system has detected irregular activity related to your account. As a precautionary measure, we have blocked your account. To regain access, please contact our Customer Support.

By Clear E.

Questions? Get answers from the 1&1 Media Inc. staff and other customers.

4 Photos for 1&1 Media Inc.

1&1 Media Inc.?