Review of MadisonSeating

service@madisonseating.com

23 reviews with 4 stars

sarahd318
1/31/19

I'm updating a previous negative review I left for Madison Seating to say that despite my initial bad impression, when I was mailed a broken chair and left with it for a month, as of today, Sara from Madison Seating reached out, she was very apologetic and kind, and said this never should have happened. She is now not only sending me the replacement parts I needed, but also a second chair at no cost, as an apology. I feel much better about Madison Seating's customer service after this, and the company as a whole. It appears that I simply dealt with one very rude customer service rep the entire time, and I'm hopeful now that this experience was the exception, not the rule. The positive experience of having them go above and beyond to correct their mistake is worth more to me than the initial bad impression they left.

melissas440
10/23/18

I ordered a All Steel chair for an employee, however the chair we received was damaged. I worked with Annie in customer service and was issued a replacement chair in no time. This was an easy and great return experience with MadisonSeating. Would recommend this company to others.

elizabethm390
5/14/18

Our Company ordered 40 Allsteel Acquity chairs from Madison Seating. The sales experience was very positive and the chairs were delivered directly to our suite on time and in the in the condition as promised. Two of the chairs were badly damaged during shipping and since receipt of delivery, we found 4 additional chairs do not properly work (they will not move up and down). I reached out to customer service and they have agreed to ship replacement chairs to us at no additional cost! We will definitely consider ordering from Madison seating the next time we need office chairs.

maryp340
5/7/18

Just received a chair order from Madisonseating.com. I spoke with customer service regarding a broken piece on the chair and they have agreed to replace the chair at no expense to me. I found their customer service very easy to work with in helping us to resolve this matter.

carolej15
4/7/18

I purchased a stool from these folks and received the wrong seat .
they did come through and made me their customer happy.

gint21
3/16/18

Updating review from my previous review- no restocking fees were charged for cancelled items. No issues with ordering.

laurab317
1/30/18

We ordered 7 Leap chairs from Madison Seating. Upon delivery we found three were broken. We sent an email with photos to customer service and received a response and satisfactory resolution within the day. We would definitely order from them again based on their excellent customer service.

ar9718
12/23/17

We received a very good deal on our Haworth Improv chairs. When one of the chairs came with a defect, MadisonSeating offered to ship a new one.

kristenl42
11/7/17

I purchased a chair from Madison seating and am very satisfied with the purchase. There was some confusion on my part about the delivery scheduled, but once we got past that everything went smoothly. I will definitely purchase from them again.

philipb59
9/29/17

For the chair, 5 stars. For not really knowing I was buying used, I deducted 1 star. I am 5 star happy with my chair.

If you didn't now the subtle differences with new style and where to look for MFR date, you'd think this was new. Delivery in about 2 weeks. Aluminum base, everything looks like brand new. No marks on frame, fabric is perfect. No visible wear anywhere on it. The arm rest padsd may not be HM original, but they look great.
Here's the catch: Open Box to Amazon, Newegg, etc. are new/ current products It is not the current model (updated in 2014 I believe) Date code on chair shows it was made in 2007. So know you may be buying refurbished, not current model when it says "open box" Saved me about 35% off what I could buy new model in box., but about $200 more than I could buy used in excellent condition. For me the 200 was worth having a "like new" chair. We had gas lift cylinder problems with our vintage 2007 HM chairs, Hopefully the durability of this chair will match its good looks.

Tip for consumers: Just be sure you know exactly what you are buying to be happy with it

fongfongc
8/24/17

I ordered a size A Aeron chair by Herman Miller from Madison Seating. The chair delivered was size A for the seating part but size B for the back support. Because the chair design needs perfect match to be assembled into one piece, I called them to inform them about this mismatch. The person asked me to report this by email and I did. Since they do not have size A backing, I returned the chair intended to get full refund. Initially, there was a mistake happened through FedEx ground shipping: A few days after picking up from my front door, FedEx called me to ask for direction of reshipping back to me. I felt a bit uneasy thinking that Madison Seating was refusing the return, especially after reading a recent review at this site. However, after I spoke to Madison Seating and FedEx rep, the chair was successfully returned to the sender. After a couple days of receiving at their warehouse, I received a full refund of $668.99.
I am impressed of the professionalism of the manager at Madison Seating. He is very courteous and quick in reply. I did not give it perfect score is because it should have sent me the right size of chair at the first place to save my anxiety over getting refund. The mistake made at the very beginning can be avoided if they have a good warehouse staff.

loyald2
6/12/17

I purchased an Aeron chair by Herman Miller. The recommended size was a B/C but Herman Miller recommends that anyone falling in the B/C range order the B size. I am 220lbs, 6'2" and was in the upper limit of the B/C range. The B size was way too small, The lumbar support needed to be set so high on the supporting rails that it popped off and the seat was almost 6 inches from the back of my knees. Use the sizing chart with caution or, better yet, call Madison Seating and speak with a sales rep before you buy. If you have to return the chair the shipping cost, which are on you, can be very high, the shipping from California was about $165. Madison Seating was good enough to waive the restock fee of $50. It was an expensive lesson, but the chair was delivered within the stated timeframe, there is a 30 day money back guarantee and Madison Seating was responsive.

Response from madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Thanks for the feedback!! We are happy you are satisfied with our services. The Herman Miller size chart is pretty general. Based on our 10+ years of experience selling the Herman Miller Aeron chair, we would definitely recommend the Size C for anyone over 215lbs. Feel free to always contact a Madisonseating.com sales agent to assist you on your chair selection. Our sale agents are extremely knowledgeable and will be happy to help you determine the best brand name ergonomic office chair for your specific needs!
garrettd14
4/6/17

I ordered a chair off this site because of the great prices and discounts. When the chair arrived it was somehow broken. So I immediately contacted them and they told me to send a picture to their customer service detailing the damage. So I did. In the mean time I did my research on the company which I did not do before buying the chair. This had me worried. The number of negative reviews, especially from several years back had me thinking I stupidly gave my money away to a company that sells you broken chairs and doesn't cooperate to fix it. A few hours passed and I received an email from them stating that the damage must have occurred from fedex as the chair left their warehouse in perfect condition along with providing me a new tracking number for a new chair. I did not have to even send the old one back as they suggested donating it when I have time. The new steelcase chair arrived in perfect condition a few days later and was fully operational.

I think it's important to remember these chairs are refurbished chairs and I wish they were a little more upfront about that in their advertising. To be honest, I didn't notice it was 'open box' on their site (as it's kind of hidden and not stated clearly), but I would have been happy buying a refurbished model anyways considering the discount. I'm suspicious that the chair didn't break because of fedex as I feel it would be difficult for them to break something that's properly packaged, and that it's something that went unnoticed in the quality control stage at their warehouse. However, if the previous reviews from a few years back are true it seems that they got their act together as reviews like those were probably hurting their business. Based on my experience, if you are unlucky enough to be sent a broken one, they will send you a better one.

rickieo2
1/16/17

Was not satisfied with chair and Madison Agreed to send me a new chair at no cost additional cost. Very good follow up and customer service.

mikeb262
5/14/16

Read lots of good, and lots of bad reviews about Madison after I placed my order and I almost tried to cancel it because I was kind of worried. My chair arrived within the time window they said it would, the box was a little beat up, but the chair was packed pretty well so it didnt suffer any damage. The chair looks VERY close to new, a light scratch on one of the arms and some dust..easy to overlook for the huge price savings..the important parts of the chair look brand new. Very glad I decided to give them a try..if I need anything else I'll certainly check with them again!

shariw4
1/12/15

The chairs were as described. The descriptions were a little confusing so I had to call customer service for some clarification. The CSR was helpful and assisted me in completing my order.

richardp64
1/7/15

I had a lot of hesitation placing my order with Madison. I had read many good as well as many poor reviews. I wanted a Knoll Life chair. This was listed as "open box." I discussed this by phone with a sales rep. They suggested this would be a display chair with mild wear. A 10-14 day expected delivery was anticipated. The chair was ordered just before Christmas, an admittedly busy time, and arrived in 15 days. It was packed extremely well, with tons of bubble wrap and in a sturdy box. The chair was in excellent condition with just tiny scuff marks on the legs of the base. The rest of the chair was like new. The only problem was with one of the arms that would not hold its position and was of a slightly different style than the other arm. I called on a Saturday when only sales people were available, and left pictures on an e-mail. On Monday a service person called and was apologetic. They shipped out two new arms and did not request the old ones back. They arrived within 3-4 days. So, overall the experience was quite acceptable and the service department was pleasant and responsive.

richm204
12/9/14

Simple, straightforward, delivered within the time range, and in perfect condition. Thanks.

sandys41
11/4/14

My experience with Madison Seating has been excellent. I have been ordering for several years now and haven't a thing negative to say about the customer service. I appreciate the service that I receive from each rep that I talk to you. The pricing is good and also the quality of the items that I purchase and receive items in a timely order.

gayg3
10/30/14

I love my chair, but it took a long time to receive it. After two weeks, I called the company and discovered they had misplaced my order. But then I received the chair promptly.

sheenac
10/29/14

I purchased a Aeron Herman Miller chair and Its great!
Received it in a timely manner, works perfectly, helpful cusomer service and best of all GREAT PRICING.
Definitely planning on making future purchases.

daphnel1
10/25/14

Our company exclusively uses MadisonSeating to purchase our office chairs. We love the chairs and the prices!

margaretk17
8/27/13

I made the mistake of ordering my Leap Steelcase chair and THEN reading the reviews and I was a nervous wreck about everything because I was so sure they were going to rip me off. When the chair was listed as being shipped 3 days after the sale, but 2 weeks later it still had not been picked up from the site, I was already trying to figure out how to get my money back.

However, I emailed Madison on a Thursday, asked them why the chair was taking so long, they apologized and by the end of Friday, the chair had been picked up and I had it the following Tuesday.

The chair is brand new, smelled a bit new which is unpleasant, but that dissipated almost immediately. It was easy to assemble, is exactly what I was looking for and I paid hundreds less than what it was going for at most other websites.

So, yes, do be aware that there might be issues. This is not a 5 star review because I should not have had to remind them to ship my item- which took about 3 weeks total to get here, rather than the 10 days promised- but shipping was free and the chair did arrive in perfect condition.

Hi Joyce. Feel free to reach out to our customer care department by emailing customerservice@madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Alice. Thank you for your inquiry! Our records indicate that you placed an order with our company on 5/19/15. At that time, you were told the delivery time frame would be around 10-14 business days. Your chair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow which is right within the time frame we estimated. The chair you purchased was part of our clearance sale section and the prices are reduced considerably so that yourr savings will be several hundred dollars. Due to the tremendous response on our clearance sale items, the delivery time gets estimated at 10-14 business days. Our customer's are willing to wait the extra few days on the shipping since our prices and services cannot be beat. Your purchase includes a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and 10 year warranty with Madisonseating.com. Feel free to contact our customer service department directly for more information relating specifically to your order. Enjoy your new chair!

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Joyce, Our company name is Madisonseating.com.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Patricia. We understand there was an error in the color chair you received. We offered to pick up the chair at our expense and issue a full refund as we are now sold out of the blue Aeron chair. We did not intentionally ship you an incorrect color chair. Mistakes happen. This was an honest mistake done by a packer, probably due to the holiday rush. The color black and blue are hard to discern on a mesh chair. Please return the chair at this point as your reaction to the error has been a tad excessive.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Lonnie. We do not simply cancel orders without there being a good reason. Your placed (2) separate orders with us and it appears you are confused by your purchases. The first order was processed successfully with the payment you provided and shipped in a timely manner. You were emailed a confirmation of this order along with an order number assigned for that transaction. On the second order you attempted to place you provided a new email address and an invalid credit card number. The order was flagged as a potentially fraudulent transaction and subsequently canceled. Again, an email confirmation with a DIFFERENT order number was emailed to you along with a notification indicating there was an issue with the payment provided. It appears you may have gotten confused by your own purchases. We are always available if you need further clarification on these 2 separate purchases.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

As an online company we are vigilant about fraud. You provided an invalid credit card number that was being declined by our processor. Your order has a high fraud rating and was flagged. If a customer is indeed legitimate and not looking to commit online fraud, they would have rectified the situation with the credit card and simply placed a new order online.

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

The warranty we offer covers any mechanical issues that may arise during normal use of the product

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Thank you for your interest in Madison Seating, currently the largest retailer in North America for brand name office chairs at the lowest prices possible! The "Open Box Specials" featured on our website are a great way to save money on the best selling chairs on the market today. These brand name chairs are being sold for more than half off their retail value and will include free shipping!! "Open Box" simply means, the item is out of the original packaging. The chair was either, returned, refurbished, on display or has been in inventory for awhile and since been placed on a clearance. The merchandise is in perfect working condition. In addition, you will be provided with a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee and 10-year Madison Seating warranty. We are so confident that our prices are currently the lowest on the internet we are willing to not only match but beat anyone selling these item(s) at a lower cost. Best regards, Allie Madison Seating 888-704-3435

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative

Hi Fong, Our records indicate that you were sent an email apologizing for the error in sending you a the Size B chair and not the Size A chair as requested. We offered you a generous compensation to keep the incorrect size chair or the option of picking up the chair for full refund or exchange. In fact, a fedex pre-paid label was already sent to you. Please contact our customer service department if you did not receive this information. The Team at Madisonseating.com

By madison s., MadisonSeating Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadisonSeating staff and other customers.

MadisonSeating?