Review of MadBid

cs.lead@madbid.com

165 reviews with 1 star

jeannel27
1/28/18

Gambling site pretending to be an auction. Terrible experience. They use fake reviews and online articles to appear like a good deal. I look forward to the day they have to repay all us users that were miss sold to.

donnad122
11/6/17

STAY AWAY - They have heir own staff bidding against you. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE. Don't waste YOUR MONEY. I heard they are under secret investigation so you heard it here first

nabeele1
5/29/17

We cannot redeem any earned discount into refund atleast? because there's not much things to shop in the "Shop" and also everything has a shipping price which is exorbitantly outrageous and also does not get included in the earned discount, Also the products that's available in the "Shop" is a cheap quality which is China made which is easily available in the market for 1/4 of that prices quoted in the "Shop". Those are not branded products like for example Bluetooth speaker is not JBL which is easily available in the market for the price you've quoted for a cheap Bluetooth speaker which is not even branded. Please be Flexible as the automatic charge that took place was unauthorized as you were not supposed to have my card details on your file even after me choosing not to save the card details. And I was bidding continuously to win the bid and did not realize that you ran my card and I got credits from that untill I checked my bank statement and now you say that I shouldn't have used the credit package for me to get a refund, this is Fraudulent activity or a way to rip people off.

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Hello,

We apologize that you did not enjoy your MadBid experience.

Please be assured that we are a legitimate company and have thousands of happy users who have been with us for years. The workings of our site are transparent on our support portal.

We update our shop every week to cater to the different items that our users would like to purchase. Did you contact our friendly Customer Service team yet to answer the queries about the charges that you mentioned and items that you would like to see on our shop? If you didn't, please do so, we would love to assist you.

sgd1
4/19/17

I am very confident it is a scam to get money out from your pockets...so beware. better buy it from amazon or other legal sites.

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Hello,
We are a legitimate company operating since 2008. We have thousands of happy customers all over the world so your accusation is untrue. We are transparent with how our site works, all the information you need is on the website. We also have our excellent Customer Service Team who are ready to answer any queries you have. If you have unresolved issues about your MadBid account, please let us know!

vilnisz
4/3/17

This is very sleek Cheat Engine.

1) The rules and regulations are intentionally made blurry and some important came to your knowledge only when you got stuck;
2) They sell mainly garbage;
3) The bidding process is totally opaque - so those 'great deals' most likely are fake;
4) Positive reviews more than likely are made up or paid;
5) For your "earned discount" they offer either:
a) "Treasure Chests" i.e. their own credits (so that as the result you lose all you paid), or
b) an absolute garbage for prices that were attractive (perhaps) five years ago;
6) In the case, you still find something that you actually do not need, but still are willing to buy for your "earned discount" (so you do not lose it completely) you discover the "Shipping and Handling" which could be easily half of their discounted price". For instance, it was £9.99 for earbuds.
I have paid just £9.99, so good quick lesson for a small price.

How such thing can be legal? AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
We assure you that we are not fraudulent. We are a legitimate company and have thousands of happy customers. Here are our answers to the points you raised:
1. The workings of our auctions are transparent in our live sites and are made available on the How it works, Support Portal and Terms and Conditions.
2. We have various consumer-electronic items that get updated every week and all of these are brand new items.
3. Were you able to go through our How it works video as well as the support portal before you joined any auctions? If you did, you would know that we have made it very clear how the workings of the site goes.
4. We have thousands of happy users who volunteer in providing us positive reviews and we are very grateful for them.
5. Were you able to visit our Shop page? There are assorted items to choose from, what's great is you get to keep your earned discount for 365 days since earning it to avoid any pressure of just spending it right away.
6.Did you check the earned discounts page of your account? If you did, you would have known that you are given an enough amount of time to decide when to spend your earned discount. The shipping fees are listed when you buy, everything is transparent.

Finally, we have a great Customer Support Team to answer any of your queries. If you didn't know this yet, please do contact us through the support portal page of your MadBid account and we would be happy to assist you and clear out all of those assumptions you made.

venkatar5
2/1/17

I have used adbid.com to but an ipad but the bidding of the item never stopped. The discounts which they show on the website are not always the way the bidding goes. We will get looted through the credits we purchase.

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Hello Venkata,

How are you? Did you have a chance to check our How it works video or read our support portal page? If you did, you will see that everytime someone places a bid, the timer resets. The auction ends when the timer has run out, the last person who placed a bid is the winner.

We would love to explain to you further how our site works, please contact our Customer Service Team from our Support Portal page.
Kind Regards
adraind
12/13/16

I purchased JBL speaker on 12th Feb 2016' I have'nt received the speaker till now. I did write many mail to madbid. There is a lady called Jane, when ever she replys to my mail she mention I will check with the local supplier and get back to me. All the good reviews on this site. is for sure paid reviews.

brendae28
Brenda E.
10/10/16

I HAVE UNSUBSCRIBED FROM THIS SITE ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS, HAVE SPOKEN TO 2 PEOPLE WHO HAVE SWORN BLACK IS WHITE MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND STILL I GET EMAILS. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

dsfdwsgy
9/17/16

madbid is scam?

jeand45
7/21/16

1. The bidding process is designed to deplete credits without an outcome
2. Try to withdraw your money - almost impossible
3. It is an auction (ha ha) which if you participate depletes your account.
4. No guarantee that the auction will have a successful bidder
5. Participating from Australia - forget it - check the freight / postage costs before you consider bidding

ashutosht
7/11/16

The madbid is looting new usets, both poor and rich, whenever someone logging it,they say to buy credits, so people buy these as they think that they will buy something at very chaep rates with these credits.. But this site is big fraud, madbid has mad a loot of billions $ every year and all money is being earned by madbid is not legal.. they did same with me and robbed my $60. I request you to make surrounding people aware of its frauds..
Thanks.

gavins20
6/5/16

Your site & TV advert are a disgrace - you are essentially conning not very savvy people out of their hard-earned cash.
Anyone with 1/2 a brain cell can see its a con - essentially you are charging people for the privilege of bidding in auctions they are almost certainly never going to win & then when they have spent £100, £200 or whatever you give them the opportunity to buy overpriced goods with that credit.
Why can't you just be honest that that's how it works - because you're making a fortune obviously !!
Won't be long though before you go the same way as Wonga & either people wake up to the con or Consumer organisations step in to change your business model & require you to be honest.

steveb191
5/23/16

After hearing all the great hype about mad bid, i must have been mad to sighn up with my 50 pounds that run out very quick and not winning anything.
Then on top of that the plot thickens they only went and charged me another 30 pounds auto top up with out my consent charged to my bank.
And after all weekend with great anxiety and panick attacks thinking iv been robbed i decided to phone them and the polite lady told me i could claim something for free and yes they had the cheak to charge me 10 pound for postage and packaging.
So for the 90 pounds that i spent that made me ill i ended up with a phone when i wanted a smart TV.
And the phone i got was suppose to be rrp 150 pounds brand new YET on ebay iv seen them go FOR 40 POUNDS.
AND get this they have the cheek to tell me they are items that have been won on MADtosighnupBID.
THEY BELONG ON CHUCKLE BROTHERS OR WATCH DOG
I HOPE THIS HELPS ANY ONE VULNERABLE TO MODERN DAY CON ARTISTS

richardb231
5/22/16

It is not as simple as you think...I have tried it and ended up with nothing and spent over $300.

Buyer beware this is a con. You run out of credits very fast. Their ads say one thing but the reality is completely different.

Do Not Be Fooled by this!!!

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Hi Richard, sounds like you didn't win the auction you were bidding on. What are you going to buy with earned discount you created?
gerardom15
5/20/16

No se dejen engañar, es una vil estafa, es muy difícil ganar parece que estuvieran las subastas monitoreadas a manera de que solo gastes tus créditos, y ya que no tienes te hacen una oferta atractiva de comprar más créditos y ellos te darán 5 veces más créditos gratis. Pero de nada sirve, pues nuca vas a poder ganar. Que lastima que existan sitios así, tan deshonestos.

Tip for consumers: No hay nada mejor que comprar tus articulos al precio justo y pagarlos a meses sin intereses.

jonathanw75
5/18/16

A total rip off, you may, and I stress may, win a discounted item but by the time you have finished buying and losing credits you will find it was not worth it.

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Hi Jonathan, sounds like you didn't win the auction you were bidding on. What are you going to buy with earned discount you created?
angelam47
5/14/16

as my bids ran out it showed on my scream collect £25 worth bids as i was collecting and uses them unknowingly to me they went complementary as I that this came out my account a total of £450 and I cldny get any help or proper explanation of why this wasn't made clear to me it appears as tho u getting free credits worth £25 and chums up wile u are bidding when u cldny possibly read how it works anyway (although this isn't explained anyways)when I reAlised that's wot they wer doing I was physically sick ,apart from getting slapped about from my partner for losing all that money

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Angela, We are very concerned after reading your comment. Please contact us straight away at cs.lead@madbid.com so we can understand what has happened?
ramak10
4/27/16

Madbid is worst and looting money from the people, MADBID IS A BIG FRAUD SITE, PLEASE DONT REGISTER AND BID.

tonyw66
4/15/16

Tried Madbid to see what it was about . You buy bidding credits and bid for items. Each time you bid you use credits, this can be 5 credits for lower priced items or 15 credits each bid for more expensive items. When you do not win, which is the most likely scenario the bids you use are transferred into monetary credits. That's ok you may think but you cannot withdraw the money you can only use it to buy vastly overpriced items in their shop, eg Bitmore e storm Bluetooth speaker £41.99 + £9.99 post and packaging. This item can be bought on Amazon for £22.50 with free delivery. Best advice is don't be lured by the chance of a fantastic bargain cos if it sounds too good to be true, it is. And don't bother with customer service as they will just quote their terms and conditions. It may be perfectly legal but it is very shady.

mhmm
4/15/16

Feel completely stupid that I parted with cash for this website. There are too many bidders, you could spend all day bidding and part with lots of dosh and not get anything. Better things to do with my time.

carlosm61
4/13/16

Hace dos meses gané una subasta, y no he recibido el producto

En otra subasta que gane, me entregaron incompleto el producto.

Pésimo servicio al cliente

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Carlos , por favor mensaje con su nombre de usuario para que podamos ayudarle?
colinj18
4/9/16

Bought over 500 bids but what it dont tell you is most bids are above 10/15 bids each time you bid! Rip off....

artisans
4/8/16

Never ever ever bother with this you will loose your money, virtually impossible to win anything without parting with more than the item's value in money for credits.

liamb31
4/7/16

The prices are way higher than everywhere... They run same auction in each country to benefit which reduced my chance of winning the product.

And no customer service help either... I ordered an Illumite product and was told to contact manufacturer who never replies anymore.

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Liam, please message me your user name so I can fix this issue?
pedroc26
3/27/16

No auction requires bidders to pay for the same item, only the winner. This is another type of "auction"... get real people!!!

Response from Customer S., MadBid Representative
Pedro, have you played Madbid?

Helpful answer -2

Graham, ALL unspent credits are refunded without question

By Customer S., MadBid Representative

The site is a scam. Its a BETTING site not bidding site.

By Muhammad S.

DONT BOTHER..... U ARE GUARANTEED TO LOSE THE LOT AND YOU LEAVE WITH NOTHING!

By barry d.

Give them money first, then you lose it, my advice is don't go there

By Ray C.

Please contact Madbid at https://uk.support.madbid.com/support/home with all questions. Sitejabber is not part of Madbid.

By Customer S., MadBid Representative

Please do not trying joining them. They are nothig but cheaters. I have lost my money here and I am from Goa. So be carefully. If you want to be cheated, please go ahead.

By PM C.

Please contact us via the madbid site. Site jabber has nothing to do with Madbid

By Customer S., MadBid Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MadBid staff and other customers.

12 Photos for MadBid