Review of MackTakMart

Tel: (+1) 347-337-9277
SALES@MACKTAK.COM

niaw1
7/29/16

I absolutely reccomend MackTak to anyone wanting to purchase fabulous gowns at a fair price for their business. Jimmy was extremely helpful with my order and the dresses arrived promptly and in fabulous condition. I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future as I have had bad experiences elsewhere.

janicea17
3/1/16

Hi,
I bought a dress on macktak website more than one year ago, and I paid for a fast shipping because I would live the country for a wedding and I needed the dress. The dress did not come on time, and it was sent back to the facility, but I never got the money back. I tried get in contact with them not 1, 2, 3, or 4 times but as many times as I can remember, by email, by phone call, everything. The answer was always the same, that they would call me back, that the request was sent to financial department etc. Up until now I did not receive a phone call, email or even an answer about how am I going to get the money back. For the reasons explained before, I will make sure no one I know will buy anything from that website ever, and hopefully this review will help anyone deciding if the stress is worthy before trying to buy. The website is not trustful or serious in any type of way. I am more that disappointed with the dishonesty presented by the staff, website and the customer service. I will never try to buy anything on this website again.

bassmas
10/21/15

i ordered my dress two weeks ago and till now the order status still says 'arrived at packing facility. I'm afraid that they don't even have the dress or my size and may send me another dress.no one at the customer service reply to me. does it take 2weeks to ship a dress

lisas174
7/23/15

Four phone calls later, I am still trying to get a store credit for a dress I returned a month ago.
I gave up on getting a refund, and asked for store credit. Macktak says they never received the dress I mailed back to them. But I have the U.S. Postal Service receipt and tracking info that says they received it.
This has become a big hassle and I wish I had never bought anything from them.

badriaj
7/9/15

Before 3 days I ordered a dress and then they emailed that the dress is
not available! .. choose similar one and we will give you discount.
even though it's written that the dress is available!

Honestly, i wasn't surprised because it happened to me the SAME exact problem
before 2 years ago. But I said that why not give the a second chance, but no i was wrong to give them the chance because the waste my time.
AND THEY DON'T UPDATE THEIR WEBSTIE!!

I'd NEVER recommend to order from this website!!

ursulay1
5/26/15

The first time I stumbled upon Macktak was in 2011 where I ordered my Terani prom dress. It was a delight talking to the customer service and I received my dress just within a few days. I again ordered a dress recently for my upcoming cousin's wedding, and they really haven't changed since the first time I dealt with them. The delivery was really quick and the dress is just more beautiful than the pictures. I can say my experience with them is nothing but satisfying.

jessb42
4/6/15

I ordered a dress, which I need fairly soon, and the website immediately took the $350 out of my bank account. An hour later I got an email that they cancelled my order because the dress was out of stock. So why the $#*! did your website say you had 10 in stock? update your $#*!ing website. Now it's gunna take 5-7 business days to get my money back, so 5-7 business days before I can order the dress from an actual respectable site. Don't shop here. I promise you can find whatever dress you're looking for somewhere else run by decent human beings.

pisseds
11/18/14

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST WEBSITES TO PURCHASE FROM...WHEN YOU TRY TO ORDER ON THE SITE IT SHOWS AVAILABLE THAN ITS NOT...PRICE MATCH IS CONSIDERED FINAL SALE SO CAN NOT BE EXCHANGED OR RETURNED FOR STORE CREDIT...CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ARE RUDE AND MISLEADING

sandrac6
10/9/14

Ordering my wedding dress was wonderful. The lady I worked with was incredibly nice and helpful! However, once the order was placed, it was a horrible experience. My dress arrived almost one month late! Yes, one month! When I called to see where it was as it had not arrived by my wear date, I was given mixed and conflicting answers and no one took responsibility for it being late. I was told that I would have to pay more money to get the dress or give up the items they were including as a promotion. When the dress finally arrived, they had stuffed my floor length dress, that was covered in feathers, into a box that was 3" by 14", with a purse AND a pair of shoes!! Needless to say, the feathers were destroyed, bent, broken, mangled from the horrible packing job. They did not quality check the dress as there are stains and beading falling off. The measurements were over 3" off! I would highly recommend avoiding this company!

mh29
9/21/14

Worst experience ever. I was told to try each dress, it would cost $10.00 for each try dress I try on.....never again. Stay away from this place!

reema4
6/4/14

I had great experience with macktack.com
Best customer service I had a question about the dresses available and they got to me with an answer same day and help me to know size
Shipping is faster within 3 days to Saudi Arabia, beautiful presentation
I have a long experience buying via the internet I find they are the best ever

shainad
3/8/14

WORST WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I ORDERED A DRESS SUNDAY NIGHT. SAID 3/4 shipping days. A WEEK LATER WE CONTACTED THEM. WHERE IS THE DRESS. THEY SAID SORRY BOTH DRESSES IN YOUR SIZE IS FAULTY. SO WE WILL SEND U MOST SIMILAR WE HAVE IN YOUR SIZE. SO WE SAID OK. PLEASE OVER NIGHT IT BC WE HAVE A WEDDING. AND IF ALTERATIONS NEED DOING, OR IF IT DOESN'T FIT... WE DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL LAST MINUTE. THEY SAID OK. NOW IT'S ANOTHER WEEK LATER. THEY PROMISED I WILL HAVE IT FRIDAY. NOW IT'S SAT NIGHT, ABD THEY SAID SORRY WE HAD A FLOOD IN OUR OFFICE SO IT GOT RUINT. WTH?? I'M CANCELING MY ORDER. I DINT WANT TO DEAL WITH SUCH A BAD CHOOSING. WHO IS SO UN RELIABLE. AND JUST BTW IF U GO THE WEBSITE THE FAULTY DRESSES IN THE SIZE ARE STILL UP SO ANYONE COULD ORDER IT AND GET SCAMMED AGAIN. I HATE THAT I EVEN FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND TRIED TO RELY ON THEM. THE WING IS THIS THURSDAY AND BC OF THEN I STILL HAVE NOTHING!

daliac1
9/9/13

Have ordered 2 dresses from the same designer. One came in very good quality fabric but with the wrong measurments and a broken button attach. The other came in very bad quality fabric and in a colour that was not as called ( light purple for what was originally called powder pink). I asked for a replacement. Been told that it was not possible to replace with the same items in good conditions. SO I asked for another dress instead and a partial refund.WAs refused and propsed a partial credit note. When I received the form, it was stated that the credit note will be made after taking restocking fees and packing and postage charges. I was revolted by such pratices. It is absolutly abusive and nobody made sure I was aware of that. I am buying a lot online and have never seen such unprofessional and non commercial practice. Not to mention that unlike the girl who took my order and who was very nice and friendly and helpful, the person who delt with my exchange/ replacement request was rude and unfriendly. I am thinking of taking actions against them as tise dresses were for my brother wedding which is approaching. Not only they delivered faulty dresses but also made me lose my time and lose my chance to buy from another serious retailer and be deliverd on time. I ll have to seek for compensation now.

Response from MACKTAK M., MackTakMart Representative
Dear Dalia,
We apologize for the inconvenience. MackTak prides itself in customer satisfaction and we are constantly working to improve ourselves and to better serve our customers. As for you case, we can say the following: When a customer is placing an order we assume that they are aware of that company’s terms and condition they are ordering from; not to mention that you have to agree on our Policy before they submit their orders.
Sometimes dresses are not shipped from our warehouse and go to a customer directly from the designer’s warehouse. Please contact us with your order number and we will do our best to take care of you.
MackTak Mart Team
kayj5
8/17/13

I had researched and looked into purchasing a specific Tadashi gown. Other websites had some mixed to poor reviews. I decided to try MackTak after reading mostly favourable reviews.

I didn't receive an order confirmation email and decided to call two days after placing my order. The associate was very friendly. She apologized and sent my confirmation right away.

Hilariously enough... about 30 minutes after receiving my confirmation email, I received a knock at the door. The courier was there with my dress! I ordered on Wednesday night...received it Friday morning.

For those who say there are problems with their gowns (poor quality or craftsmanship)....not sure what you're talking about. I received an AUTHENTIC Tadashi gown. Not a stitch out of place. It is perfect.

For other Canadian shoppers - a warning - the shipping is free... but you WILL pay customs charges. This is unavoidable for MackTak - so don't blame them. I've been shopping online for 15 years - you WILL have to pay customs and import fees. It's the same as crossing the border to shop in Buffalo or Detroit and returning with merchandise. Unavoidable.
I didn't mind paying the $60 fee. MackTak gave me a great deal on my gown...the customs fees were secondary.

Great work, MackTak. I will continue to shop here. Thanks to Nino and the wonderful staff at MackTak Mart.

mavil1
6/19/13

Sent me a dress that I DID NOT order. They now do not have the order in stock and they refuse to refund your money. This is a scam. They probably send out the incorrect order often to keep you in the sale regardless of having the original item. Do not conduct business with them unless you want to loose your money!

Response from MACKTAK M., MackTakMart Representative
Dear customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We ship based on customer's orders and our shipping department checks each dress before sending to the given address. We have never had any complains on incorrect orders and we are really sorry for this mistake. Please contact our customer service and we will be more than happy to assist you. You can also email orders@macktakmart.com with your order number.

MackTak Mart
katelynp
3/13/13

i tried ordering a dress on their website and it wouldnt let me checkout so i started an online chat with customer service and tried to do the order that way. She still couldnt get my order to go through and was very rude during the process, after numerous calls and chatting I was finally able to order my dress. And dont expect to get free shipping on a dress thats on sale because its not an option, neither is a free pair of earrings. If you try to get a price match on a similar dress from another website they will charge you $30-$40 for shipping. I've been tracking my order on the DHL website and notice that they needed more address information, after calling them DHL told me that MackTak did not even write my full address on my parcel and that I needed to pay an additional $46! After reading info on their website I noticed that they are not held responsible for lost parcels! Because they didn't decide to write my full address on the parcel and I have to keep calling back the carrier For Mack Taks mistake I'll be surprised if I get my dress anytime soon.

Response from MACKTAK M., MackTakMart Representative
Katelyn,

We apologize for the inconvenience, however, It is in our terms and conditions that price matched items do not include shipping fee. Dresses can't be shipped from our warehouse without a complete shipping address, since the parcel has to be scanned and only if there is a full address, then we are able to ship. Please email us with your order number at orders@macktakmart.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

MackTak Mart
ps43
1/22/13

I've ordered twice from this site. They are very reliable with international orders (UK,London). This time they didn't have my dress so they emailed me and gave me a chance to exchange it. You can easily chat to them online and they're very very helpful as they can give you extra measurements for example if needed. The only disadvantage is the tax that we have to pay on top of the price which is obviously not their fault I just wished they had a shop in London! Definitely a reliable site! I love their Jovani and Tony Bowls dresses!

mariae1
12/26/12

I love their customer service. They really follow up on orders and they make sure you receive it on time. I am a teacher and I live in Italy and I ordered a dress from them and I receved it very fast. The dress was from jovani couture and the style number was 172008. It was originl and perfect. I do recommend them.

dorah2
10/12/12

I love this online store! I just bought my gorgeous dress, and love it! My mom already shopped at with macktakmart and we desided to come back again. I wanna say we always satisfy with service, especcialy we like Elly, she used to help us a lot. Thanks again and we definitely coming back .

melodya
10/4/12

And i love this site! Always shopping there if i need a good dress! I just received my new Jovani S4247 and again very happy!!! Everything from service to delivery was just perfect! Thanks guys, love you and all my dresses ;)

nadera1
9/27/12

Worst experience with a customer service representative..The MackTak Price Match and the flashing red banner its a Big JOKE Compared with other sites. no more free shippping with the price match lol . wh the purpose then,it's Will become the same price.!!!!??
"Rep Vi:
Ok, we can pricematch it, dear and the price will come to $544.26 but we will have to charge you $40 for shipping
Vi: It is free for full priced items.

i've tried many sites this one was a dumb trick for new shooper.. just wasted my time.

stefanim
9/24/12

Today bought a perfect dress at MackTakMart.com :)))) It was such a pleasure meeting you guys. I really loved your dresses and it was the best customer service i have ever had.Thank you again, i will come back for sure ;) You are the best!!!
Stefani M.

giovannas1
8/11/12

This store is a scam!!! Stay away!!! You need an appointment to get in so I made one and came all the way from Eastern Long Island by car and train. What a waste, when i got there I was rudely told look at the dresses and try on what you like. She refused to help me and the selection was so small even though they advertise the largest selection in NewYork city. The worst part is all the dresses are garbage cheap imitations.Every style I saw on line she said they did not have in the store but when I asked over the phone they said to bring style numbers so they can pull them out for me to try and now she is telling me to order them on line after wasting my time and money to go into the city. I will be reporting them to consumer affairs and who ever gave them good rerviews is either lying, working for them or does not know any better!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM

Response from MACKTAK M., MackTakMart Representative
Dear Giovanna,
MackTakMart.COM has the largest selection in New York City not our store.
When customers call our web site we always say that we do not have all the dresses from the web site in our store.
90% of the dresses on our web site need to be ordered from designer warehouses so we say that they are available for online purchase only.
We carry only our best sellers at the store.
Also you can call any designer warehouse Jovani, Terani, Tadashi Shoji, Alyce Designs, Allure etc. and ask them about MackTak Mart and they will tell you that we do order all dresses from them directly.
We do apologize that the selection of our store did not reach your expectations.
Usually the trip to our store is pretty useful as you can try on other styles in different designers so you can figure out your correct sizing.
If there are any questions or suggestions to improve our customer service, please call us at (212)302-2468.
MackTak Mart Team.
marinal1
6/25/12

I was in the center of attention among all students during my prom. I ordered Jovani dress 3009 from Macktakmart 20 days before my prom and I was so afraid that my order would not make it to Russia on time. But I was pleasantly surprised that it got to me in less than 10 days. I loved the dress. It is amazind!!! I also liked customer service representative of Macktakmart who were able to speak in several lanquaqes including Russian. Thank you for making feel a special customer.

jessicac7
6/7/12

I just received my dress Jovani 7450. I ordered it for my daughter's prom. The dress is stunning, honestly looks exactly like in the picture and made beautifully. My daughter loved it! You won't be disappointed. The customer service was very helpful and answered all my questions regarding my order. I will be ordering again from that site.

Dear customers, This is macktakmart.com official user in Site Jabber. We made this profile to answer and take care of our customers. Please let us know if you have any questions. Truly yours, MackTak Mart Customer Service Team 1.855.MACKTAK

By MACKTAK M., MackTak Representative

Questions? Get answers from the MackTakMart staff and other customers.

MackTakMart?