Review of Lyft

support@lyft.com

108 reviews with 5 stars

terif20
7/17/19

My dad's debit card was used fraudulently at this and other sites. Lyft did a quick investigation and determined it was fraud and refunded his money. (Grubhub refused to provide a refund after they determined it was fraud)

sunnyd27
6/22/19

I've been using Lyft for a good 2 years now. Going to and from the airport, events and other places I want to go but don't want to hassle with finding parking or walking through acres of parking lot after I've arrived. Love the convenience of being picked up and dropped of right at the front door and I've had such nice experiences with meeting the most kind and positive Lyft drivers. I've been around for a long time and am glad there is a service like this now. Sometimes I am afraid to go here or there because I'm concerned I'll get lost but with Lyft I no longer worry and just go! One more thing.... ** If you want to sign up with coupon code JODI74493 you can get up to $20 off your first ride. **

danielleg68
3/18/18

There are few times in life where a complete stranger can touch your heart and win you over in just one sitting. Today I was lucky to have such an experience...AND A LYFT DRIVER AT MY SURPRISE! I ask myself how is it possible to undergo a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) in a matter of minutes? Maybe it was her comforting smile upon arrival that seemed to calm my anxiousness from running late. Maybe it was her radiating spirit that magically kept my two five year olds in a trance. Or just maybe it was her compassion exhibited when I reported my sudden emergency that prevented me from proceeding to my final destination. These things could very well be variables at question but it is factual that in unfavorable moments life throws us curve balls and even passing figures have the ability to leave their mark. Deirdre S. (RKW7650) this review could never be good enough. You are truly a prize.

nichellew
10/9/17

I've been using Lyft for years. I can say that 90% of my experiencr with them has been positive. Nice drivers and pretty good company. Will continue using the service.

jaredg11
8/18/17

they made it right though and I am happy and that is the only momentary issue we have ever had, better prices than Uber too. Can be quite a bit cheaper than Uber actually.

georgem211
6/26/17

Has lyft received complaints from their driver that their app was not working properly.Rides being canceled while they were driving the person who's ride was canceled on the app.
App saying no service in area? App freezing and so on,meaning losing rides and money because their app not working?

kamw1
3/7/17

Lyft is a great. The drivers are friendly, the rates are great and the support team is awesome. Although it's my responsible for making sure I have all of my things when I exit the vehicle, on several occasions I have left things in the car and my Lyft driver always returns them to me. As we know, technology can be flakey, but when there are occasional gps or app issues, the drivers confidently work around those. Yea, there is an authorization hols on your cc, but Lyft let's you know that upfront. Promo codes usually work well as long as they aren't expired. I love Lyfts love of community. Great job guys.

nicg5
3/7/17

I absolutely love Lyft. They do a great job. They let you know about the cc holds. If I leave my valuables in a Lyft ride, I don't expect the driver to check behind m, because I'm adult and should be responsible for my own things, but I've had several drivers contact me and also return things that I have left in their vehicles at no extra charge. I have also entered wrong info into the gps, and they still get me where I'm going. As with any company, things can go wrong, but Lyft definitely does a great job trying to make sure everything runs smoothly.

julese5
1/28/17

Lyft is the best thing ever! I've always had amazing drivers and an amazing experience. I highly recommend it. If you need a discount code, use "rideonjules"!

laurac154
Laura C.
4/20/16

This is my favorite service! I prefer finding a trip on Lyft instead of going on a bus or a plane. First of all it's usually cheaper, second of all you can meet tons of nice people and have a nice chat during a trip.

carlosr44
2/22/16

I have had Zero Problems with Lyft..... Drivers are nice and they show up on time....I have discovered that Uber sends alot of Folks to post bad reviews just because ...... UBER BLOWS HARD !! I AM 1000% SAFER IN A LYFT DRIVER....THAN I AM WITH ANY UBER DRIVER. Seems to me that alot of this complaints are coming from the Cincinnati and East Coast Areas...... You won't find those issues around here never heard of such holds of 25.00 and credit card info being stolen in L.A. Lyft is HANDS DOWN THE BEST OF ANY OF THESE COMPANIES..... THAT'S WHY THE REVIEWS ON THIS SITE CANNOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY SINCE IT'S PROVEN THAT HALF OF THESE COMMENTS ARE MADE BY ACTUAL UBER DRIVERS...... COMPARE THE BAD PRESS BETWEEN COMPANIES AND YOU WILL FIND UBER HAS ALOT OF RUDE DRIVERS AND NOT EXACTLY STABLE MINDED AT ALL .

joel690
1/25/16

Driver no show. Only thing you do - huge fail.

masonc16
10/24/15

Driving for Lyft is fun, meet new people and the pay is good. If you have a car why not join the team. If you want to earn 1000 dollars use my referral LAKEITHA424371 and complete 100 trips in 30 days and u will get 1000

oscarn8
10/14/15

I enjoyed the drivers and other passengers much more than Uber. Using the "Line" function it's very cheap too.

charlest38
4/24/15

I don't like Uber so I try to use Lyft whenever I can. Lyft's $5 hot spots make it easier because they are usually cheaper than anything else Uber can offer.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Lyft Line if you're in a hurry. It can take a long time.

wilsont14
4/15/15

For $5-7 you can get anywhere in San Francisco. That's a pretty good deal. I'm not sure when Lyft is planning to offer the service in other areas, but it's great.

Tip for consumers: They also have Lyft Hot Spots which are always $5 which is pretty incredible too.

kimberlyt12
1/30/15

Lyft has always been good to me. Their drivers are friendlier on average than Uber and the service doesn't seem quite so much out to take money from their customers.

Tip for consumers: Lyft line is a good way to save money if you're not in a hurry.

angeliquel
12/27/14

WFREE promo codes for UBER AND LYFT- 2014 ---up to date!!
Free $25 credit for your first ride with either company!!!
Just download the app and dont forget to put in the code under payment ..or promocode at the top =)

mickp6
1/25/14

I mostly enjoy taking Lyfts. They don't gauge you like Uber does when demand goes up. The bad part is that it can be really hard to get a driver sometimes. I like Lyft drivers better than Uber drivers and taxi drivers by a mile.

hansonu
8/5/13

Lyft is a neat new ride sharing service that works like a taxi but an ordinary person drives you around. I tried it for the first time last week and it was a lot of fun and a good deal. It's a little bit cheaper than a taxi. The slightly odd part is that you're not supposed to sit in the back seat instead you sit in the front seat and talk to the driver just like it were your friend. My driver was cool so I didn't mind but I could imagine it could be weird with a bad driver. Anyhow it's a nice service and worth trying!

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v.

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Lyft