Review of Lyft

support@lyft.com

10 reviews with 4 stars

russellb62
7/31/17

I have trying to sign up as a driver for over one month. They tell me what I need to do to fix the problem but their instructions do not work. I have restarted my pc several times and also tried from other pc's to no avail. I have asked numerous times for a phone call but they will not call. I have already paid for my vehicle inspection. I am seriously disappointed with this company!!

kamilahv
9/23/16

I have been charged twice for rides that I haven't taken and I can't even speak to someone regarding this matter. Who is going to refund me back my money before i end up pressing charges

christopherr63
6/16/16

Prefer Lyft to Uber. The prices are usually near the same.I like that I can tip the drivers for Lyft on the card.I've had some fun Lyft rides.

cynthiaz3
3/26/16

I signed up today and I didn't have to submit any credit card information at all so I don't know what everyone is saying about a charge.

andreal28
3/21/16

I recently tried Lyft and found that it was quite a bit more affordable than taking a cab. Usually I take the subway, but for those late nights it's a nice alternative to the subterranean schlep. The drivers are always friendly, and you don't have to deal with any of the usual disruptions of a pleasant ride such as chemical smells covering up the stench of last night's frat boy puke, no over-bearing cheap cologne, and no annoying forced commercials.
If you have time to wait for a ride it's a far better experience and for a fraction of the price.

anf7
1/27/16

Lyft app requests drivers when I am NOT requesting one. I was just dropped off at the airport and unbeknownst to me another driver was requested. When he called I clarified that I did not request the ride. He cancelled. Then your app automatically requested another driver which I did not need again. Lot of confusion. On the brighter side most of the drivers are exceptionally nice.

wilsont16
10/23/15

I drive for lyft and the reason I came to lyft is because of the tip option available for riders to click on at the end of the ride to be included on the driver's paycheck. I always drive safely and provide the options of going a bit slower or a bit faster depending on my rider's schedule, I always give the option to stop me at anytime if you need to get something from the store or anything else. I have a 4.96 star overall rating to this date and sometimes my week ends near a 4.98 rating, I have nothing against anyone but it is dissappointing when you realize that the majority of riders don't tip, living in a city where rent is at an all time high and only keeps getting more expensive to live in. Your favorite restaurants/bar service people live based on their tips, isn't it time to stop and think for a moment and think how would you make a living out of the same thing I do, day in and day out and dealing with many intoxicated people that bring my rating down from times even though I babysit them and make sure they make it all the way in their home/apt. Please tip your driver's if he takes good care of you. Plus in the washington dc area per an email I just got it better for riders, since you will be saving 50% off rides during the week not weekends, can you find it somewhere in your heart to tip since you'll be saving more compared to uber, please. :-) I tip all my service people when I am out and about. I used to be a barback, clerk at a lawfirm, and it is just the right thing to do. Uber drivers now rate their customers 4 stars when they dont tip

robertw112
10/11/14

Worked well for me when I was in San Francisco about a year ago, I'd definitely recommend it in the city. Drivers were interesting and rides were cheap!

glennt12
10/11/14

pretty good but they are like the downgraded version of uber, cars are a little bit more old and you can tell that they are still figuring it out. I would travel in pairs as it the drivers can be somewhat weird. not bad on pricing, good if you can't get a taxi.

rogerr22
5/9/13

Lytf is a new kind of taxi service where a regular person in their car (usually adorned with a giant pink mustache on the grill) picks you up and gives you a ride somewhere and then you give a "donation". It works through an app on your phone. The app is only so-so designed; as of the writing of this review it requires Facebook to sign in. And the map thing is a bit finicky. In my experience it is a little bit cheaper than a regular taxi, but there aren't always drivers available. But the idea is good and hopefully will bring down taxi fares. It also seems like a reasonable way to make some extra money driving people around if you have some free time and don't mind driving around strangers. I should also mention there is a review system for drivers AND passengers so it puts some pressure on people to be nice.

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v.

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Lyft