Review of Lyft

support@lyft.com

14 reviews with 2 stars

lindah706
11/16/18

Last week I elected a ride share on the way to the airport and about halfway to ATL airport, my driver received a notification that a rider was added. The driver took the next exit so that he could turnaround to go back to where he picked me up so that he could pick up the added rider. Here's what I don't get about Lyft, why would you add a rider that will require the driver to change his direction, like in my case, required the driver to turn-around and head back in the direction opposite from where we were heading? We were already 15 minutes in route and the driver had to turn-around and go back to where he picked me up just to add another rider. Is it not possible to only add riders who are heading in the same direction that the driver is in route to? I was late getting to the airport because he had to turn-around and head back in the opposite direction to pickup a rider. Is this not a simple fix for you guys to make? Seriously, it's a problem that you need to address.

keiths231
10/26/18

Honestly, I don't want friend like that. Price range is just ridiculous. If you try to get a lyft in the evening the price is going to be 2x or even 3x than the day price. So what, I need to pay 70$ for a ride? Come on....

theresaf5
6/26/18

I have had an 80% success rate but it is very aggravating when the Lyft driver leaves you for no fault of your own

denishiaw
3/14/18

So my car was in the shop so I had to lyft my daughter to work in back home well on her way back home at 10 at night her driver was on the phone was driving like he had a few drinks etc.. I reached out to lyft they did nothing ...

whitneyb27
11/6/17

I started driving for Lyft in June.. Was also promised a $300 bonus if I completed 300 rides. Of course I called them and due to the background check and the time they release you on the road, I was already 15 days into the deal before my first ride. I had no idea, followed up with them and of course no bonus. Lyft steals money from their drivers and passengers. They care more about their compensation than your effort. They have recently made it more difficult to make money with only 10 power zones now in Chicago where I would make 230 on average for 25 rides in a day to now $150 that does not include gas and oil. Lyft im glad I found employment elsewhere, YOU CAN KISS MY ASS!

rinar3
7/15/17

I started lyft in march 2017 all was good but on gay pride inner Manhattan was closed and was kinda busy i had to cancell few jobs because all requests eas coming from inner Manhattan and i was stuck on west side higwway however i logged out to save my account
At evening i hardly get lyft passenger for newJersey
I dropped him and put my destination to east i didnt get match i took lincoln tunnel i got request and i accepted
Pickup from ny and dropoff in nj
Does it make sence fir any driver tgat u pay toll and u r actually in the tunnel and u got request from jersey ?
I cancelled it and my account got deactivated
I contacted lyft tgey said . They said WE TAKE OVER COSTOMER VERY SERIOUS WE WONT TOLERATE DRIVERS CANCELLATION
you are not a part of lyft anymore
Good luck with other platforms
I contacted again and they said decision is final in future we'll be look for it
They hide all of my paystubs any trips and avery thing butthey deposited money to my account what i deserved
They are absolutely not flexible with drivers even they doent think driver a human. Only passnegers are human bexause they spent
However i had good rattion 4.9
Good reviews
And no issues
Well good luck to lyft
Because lyft is not lyft just bcz they have passnegers
They are lyft bcz they have relible drivers to but if u are no sincere with yourdrivers they will move on

alicek40
4/13/17

This company keep hiring the worst people who don't know what there doing in the office to they are posted bad ads on Craigslist and online telling people you can make up to 1500.00 or 35 with a person smile on it not true with the minimum fare being 3.50 for the first 3 miles and lots of people only want short rides and lots of people order rides far away from you and since the college students are responsible for this stuff not tipping and going nowhere but down the street it's become a game to lots of people and the people who really need a ride can't get them to since the change the app it not going to work for most people doing thris you are getting longer pick up and shothere rides cost you money they don't pay for anything but give you 80% of the fare you use your own car and gas and insurance and repair and maintenance and they keep changing the bouns again to try to get money back guarantee from it now it's 20 peak rides and 40 regular to get 10% back and 25 peak rides and 70 to get 20% back have done thris 4 times in the last 1.5 years and drop the price 2 times and wonder why they can't keep drivers to and try to scam the driver at tax time sending you tax forms for everything you gross income and not take the 20% out of it so they don't have to pay the taxes to the irs and if you don't make over 20k or 200 transaction your not supposed to be taxes on it and Uber is even worse on that matter to used to be a good thing to make money with but they are breaking the law and tell you that your not an employee at all but try to treat you like one and the star system is just a way to make the driver look bad to the Phoenix area is no longer good to drive for companies like thris all the people who used to come out here that have money are not and the college kids are not going to make you any money with short rides for 3.50 to 5.00 fares to just remember what I'm saying most people think I have a car and can drive but if you don't know what to do with getting around and handling the passenger in your car and being quick and easy to do don't waste your time you are paying for the car and insurance they don't care just how much they can make from people to used to be good but like most short term company in Arizona just don't care about anything anymore then the money to so please look into it it's all true

kimw132
1/1/17

They suck they raise there prices every few minutes. I don't think I will use them again back to uber.

dianer73
11/30/16

Was travelling back from a trip with two very young children. Driver arrived and could tell he was very annoyed at the prospect of helping with luggage and well the drama of two kids!

I lifted the bags and packed the car and did not talk the entire way which is not like me. We arrived at the destination and I then proceeded to get the kids out of the car. The driver dumped the bags at the bottom of my drive and drove away promptly without saying a word. I could certainly tell yet again that this journey had been time consuming for him!

A day later I then received an email advising me that I had shut the seatbelt in the car which I know for a fact I did not do. Lyft then without calling or asking my side of the story proceeded to quote the terms and condition and removed $50 from my credit card on file which I told them not to without further enquiry.

The driver and the customer service was so inadequate. I liked lyft up until this point but I will certainly not be using them again. To take a drivers word over a customers without a conversation is not good enough.

joanneb58
11/8/16

Ok so I'm an #Uber and #Lyft customer. I honestly use Uber way more because of their pricing. I signed up for Lyft as an alternative. Today I used Lyft because they offered an Election Day special - 45% of a trip. Today I had to complain once again!!! It seems that every time I request a car, my bank account associated with the debit card I registered with Lyft, gets a $25 "Authorization Hold" put on. I was told it was a one time thing. Now EVERY TIME I request a car, there's a new hold. I email them an get a computer generated apology stating it for all new accounts. But over been using them for months. There is no number to call them unless there is an emergency to report. #Lyft sucks!!! They don't have to worry about me requesting a car any more. As soon as they release the temporary hold on my account, I will be deactivating my account.

breth12
10/25/16

I use them for the first time and was supposed to get a discount for the first time usage. Instead I got overcharged and charged twice. Totally ruined my trip to Colorado. Not the driver's fault they did what they were supposed to no problem with them. At least I have a number to call and complain unlike Uber. Couldn't use their first time promotion either that's why I went to Lyft

akhirahs
4/10/16

Warning!
If you update your payment information on your Lyft account, they will deduct $25 from your account and hold it until you use their services. Whatever is left over will be credited to your Lyft account.
Just imagine if all companies were allowed to do this. Seems to be a slippery slope to me.
The Lyft drivers are awesome, this isn't a bad company, but holding my money hostage until I use your services isn't cool at all. It's borderline criminal.

kang15
12/5/15

I drive for them like twice a month but haven't done it in a while due to the fact if something happens to you . There is no one to help you I had 3 girls robbed me for a ride and I told lyft it took almost 2 weeks to hear back from them. I think that is dangerous especially if you live in a big city with a high crime rate which is most the cities in America . Also the pay sucks tooo the charge horrible 20% off each ride

anthonyp52
8/13/15

The actual Lyft service is convenient and somewhat reliable (I'd give the actual service a 4). However, I was erroneously charged 3 times for a single ride and then I realized how terrible Lyft's customer service is. They are the only company I have encountered that doesn't have a phone number for basic customer service issues. They instead force you to go through emails, which they essentially completely ignore. EVEN COMCAST HAS A PHONE NUMBER (granted that phone number is one of the more useless phone numbers in existence). Simply put, a business can't operate in this fashion and, unless they change things, they are going to always lose to Uber. I had been using Lyft very consistently for months before the charges happened. I will now never use it again. I hope some other people see these reviews and figure this out before something shady happens to them (for some reason I assumed Lyft had great customer service before I actually had to deal with it). Lastly, their website tells you, if you see charges you don't think are correct, NOT to dispute the charge with your bank before they get a chance to figure it out. This request is both strange and ridiculous; its strange because Ive never encountered this stance from a company before (they go as far as to tell you to withdraw your dispute if you already filed one) and its ridiculous because they ask you to not dispute it while simultaneously having absolutely nonexistent customer service. Get your "stuff" together Lyft.

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v.

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Lyft