Review of Liftopia

Tel: 1-800-349-0870
support@liftopia.com

jeffreys316
1/28/19

I went to Liftopia for the first time to book day trip tickets at Copper Mountain. I selected the day from their calendar and booked it. The confirmation came back with tickets for a week later. I chatted with them to correct it but they simply said we don't book day tickets but would credit my $200.00 for another trip. So now I get to let them bank $200.00 for me until the next time I get a chance to ski. Not cool!

benf95
12/20/18

Went to Liftopia thinking I could get a better deal there than at the Resort (Grand Targhee) for lift tickets. Purchased three two day lift passes for my kids for a grand total of $552. After the purchase I went to the Grand Targhee web site to look at E tickets for the same dates and for the same number of tickets - Targhee E Tickets totaled $531. Called Liftopia and was basically told tough sh*t. Ripoff is their game - stay away from them.

justinj59
5/1/18

Great prices, and good selection of locations. Timely updates when things change. Just beware of following links to resorts websites as some may be old links and have wrong information. I ran into this once, and I'm not sure if it was an error on liftopiasend, or the resort I linked to, but just be aware

kelvink21
3/23/18

I admit I purchased tickets by mistake, I contacted them for a refund, hoping they would understand, I was on a different continent so I could not possibly use the tickets, they refused to issue the refund.
Contacted my credit card to dispute the charges, they contacted Liftopia, and Liftopia lied to my bank saying I never contacted them.
Bunch of liars running this unethical business practice.

suzk1
1/29/18

I attempted to purchase a lift ticket and rental combo for my son to ski with his friends the following day. I entered all my information and submitted the order and got an error message. Some general message that there was an error and the order didn't go through. I tried again. Received same error message. Then my credit card company informed me by email that I was charged twice for the tickets! I never received any receipt or anything so here I thought I had been charged twice for tickets. No customer service was open at the time so I had no way to find out what happened. The following morning I contacted the mountain and they told me that I had to contact Liftopia. I didn't even realize I had purchased on Liftopia. I thought I had purchased on the mountain website. The "customer service" person told me that the charges didn't go through, they were just requests and they would be removed in a day or so. The reason for the error messages is that their system is very "finicky" and often if there is a tiny error in the billing address or zip code, it doesn't go through. But the error message never said that! I would've played with it until it works. I can't believe a company that does all online commerce doesn't have a better system than that! How about a specific error message so I could've tried again? So my son was at the mountain with his friends with no lift ticket and had to purchase for the full window price because their system is crap.

kevind151
1/8/18

My wife bought me lift tickets, but I injured myself at work and am out on Workman's Compensation. Terrible customer service. Unable to refund, transfer, etc. Will never use again.

randys82
9/1/17

Using a ski lift for mountain biking is incredible. We had a blast at Snowbird - maybe they should rename it sun bird because the weather was great. Purchasing the tickets on Liftopia was no hassle.

kathleeno9
3/1/17

The webpage of the ski resort had a much better discount available. I'm trying to see if they will refund my tickets but I doubt they will. Wish they offered refund within 24 hours or will give me the same rate as the ski resort discount. Don't use liftopia.

thomash160
2/28/17

Will never purchase anything through this disgrace of a company again. I'm honestly shocked that this company is still able to function as a business with how many daily complaints they recieve.

kristiem8
2/15/17

We bought tickets using Liftopia. The race we were going to watch was postponed to the next day. Liftopia refused to switch our tickets, but switched them for our friends because they bought them the night before! So, we were penalized for being prepared! Customer service stinks!

steveb242
12/26/16

Like a few others would give zero stars if possible. Yesterday on Christmas I received a gift card for $250 from my girlfriend for Christmas. Wrote to customer service the next day that my Doctor will not allow me to ski because of Deep Vein Thrombosis (aka Blood clot issue) in my calf. He doesn't want me in ski boots or skiing due to the level of blood thinners I am on permanently. I wrote to customer service right away and the response I got was as if they didn't even read my submission. The response was from Katie stating "I know it can be frustrating given your present travel situation, but we can't refund, credit, or change a gift card." ( I don't have travel situation, I have medical condition and no tickets were purchased, they just took money for a gift card that can't be used, nothing for them to lose) Just greedy corporate bs. They try to make themselves seem human with their marketing ads and games, but they are not, just the same old crap from large internet corporations $$$$$$) She further suggested I pass it on to another friend if I can't use it. Sure Katie lets just throw around $250, it's nothing to rich people at your San Francisco office. Thanks for crapping on Christmas. We are going to do what another person being hosed did in the same situation, warned others and just got credit by going directly to credit card company. I will never use Liftopia because I can never ski again, but I will be sure to let others who can ski know. Don't buy gift cards for friends on liftopia, there is no responsible flexibility should there be any reasonable issues, even doctor ordered. These guys suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorenp5
4/20/16

Here is a complaint - Short story - I purchased for Mammoth, VERY bad blizzard, not safe to ski, Mammoth keeps a couple lower lifts open and Liftopia says they only refund if Mammoth closes entire mountain (which they will never do bc of all the refunds). So, Liftopia says too bad, haha its in the fine print! It is one thing when I do not use the ticket for personal reasons (that would be no refund, of course) but dangerous Mother nature should warrant a refund or raincheck. I will never use Liftopia again, but if you do...you know what you are dealing with...

shannam5
4/6/16

I read several bad reviews for Liftopia but decided to take a chance. The bad reviews had to do with people making changes or cancellations. Since I did not have these issues I ordered online my lift tickets. It was a breeze picking them up at the ski resort. Definitely using Liftopia in the future.

kyles57
1/12/15

So, today I attempted to buy a 1-Day lift ticket to a local resort for $27.99. Upon the transaction I was declined, despite having more than enough for a ticket. I attempted to clean up my info and verify my card numbers. Sure enough, declined two more times. Interestingly, Liftopia was able to put holds for those $27.99 on my banking account, yet not able to give me my lift ticket. Two calls to the bank, two calls to loftopia and this is unresolved--I was told the declinings were due to Safari browser. I am now broke until they lift the holds and lift ticketless because of this website. I spoke to a woman named Beth and a gentleman named Sigmund. Both were very hostile and had very poor customer care--offered no help and were on the offensive throughout conversation. I guess this is how they get their return customers. I will not use this website again, and will continue to tell others about this incident. Very unhappy I can't ski and have no money to buy a ticket from another outlet. No resolution was offered, despite me asking multiple times.

Yes. It failed. They offered same day tickets from their calendar but once booked they were for a week later. No refund!!

By Jeffrey S.

They may be legit but they operate like a scam. They are scummy operators. They offered same day lift tickets on their calendar but after I booked and paid they came back confirmed for a week later. Not cool!! No refund!!

By Jeffrey S.

It does state NON-REFUNDABLE. However, if you choose same day tickets by clicking on their Calendar it will book and take payment. Then they will confirm your tickets for a WEEK later. Not same day. No pre-confirmation notice just pure bait and switch. Then you are completely correct, NON-REFUNDABLE.

By Jeffrey S.
Questions? Get answers from the Liftopia staff and other customers.

Liftopia?