Review of LegalZoom

Learn More

17 reviews with 4 stars

wernern5
6/26/17
• Updated review

After I posted my complaint on this website, I got a call within 24 hours from a supervisor at LegalZoom by the name Chris Graham - and the the problem was fixed right there and then. I am satisfied with the overall outcome.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to make your experience a better one.
“Terrible Customer Service”
6/7/17
• Previous review

When I placed the order for their estate planning template, there was no wait on the phone. Also, the attorney was punctual, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I told 'em so in a quick survey. In addition, they did a good job in customizing the template to my specific case.

Once the docs came back for signature, notary public, etc - and after i faxed the signed docs to them, communication stopped cold. I had two problems. On their app, they missed to upload the living will of my wife, and they have given me the run-around as it pertains to my desire to either upload the signed docs to the cloud/app, or get them via email so I can upload them myself.

I have literally spent hours on hold, only to then be serviced by people that either didn't understand or didn't care. How complicated is it to complete the upload of the last of 6 docs to my app, and why are they not helpful in letting me have the signed docs I faxed to them - and paid for, mind you.. They have them somewhere, ready to go. One operator told me then that I needed a $119 annual subscription to get the signed docs uploaded to the app/cloud, something I had never heard before.

I have also tried to email my complaint, but all I get is a lot of gibberish that is not even addressing my stated problem.

They are good at the front end, but once they sent the docs ready for signature, they lost interest. I get a knot in my stomach just hearing the name LegalZoom. Their unresponsiveness once they pocketed the money is hard to believe.

I guess you can say that you get what you pay for. Very disappointing experience.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Werner, we're sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience with LegalZoom and we want to make it right. We are reviewing your order to determine exactly what happened & how we can resolve this. We will contact you directly but please also feel free to contact a manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.
jenniferk126
4/7/17

This LegalZoom is outstanding for someone starting their own business without a lot of previous experience. The site is clear and user friendly. More importantly, When I called to ask a question I received immediate help from Juli. She proceeded to stay on the call with me and answered all my questions for the remainder of the application!!! We together celebrated my new venture!!! Thank you Juli for all the support!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Jennifer, we're so happy to hear about your outstanding experience. Thanks for sharing!
shelleys18
4/7/16

Even though we already own a company, we wanted to make sure our new company opening by our sons is done correctly and secure. While completing the form there were just a few that could be answered differently, but the live support was awesome! Very clear answers!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Shelley, glad we were able to help. Thanks for sharing your experience!
rebeccab95
3/28/16

I went through the process of ordering up the Basic Power of Attorney documents and thought that I would have them immediately after paying for it. When I realized i couldn't download right away I called. A friendly girl said, "you will have them in 24 hrs." I was pleased as I was under a very strict time restraint and I needed them ASAP before I left town. I did not receive them in 24 hrs. so I called again. I got Amy and she was very patient with me as I was frustrated. She helped me "expedite" the documents with another fee of $20. I received the documents the next morning and was able to get them notarized before I left. Amy explained the nothing happens in 24 hrs. unless you pay for them to be expedited. I then wrote Legal Zoom and asked if I could be refunded my $20 since I was told by a service rep that I would get them in 24 hrs. Today I was refunded my $20 with no questions asked! I definitely will recommend Legal Zoom to my friends. The documents were well written and complete to be notarized. Thanks!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Rebecca, we apologize for the miscommunication in your first experience & we are happy it was resolved. We truly value you as our customer and appreciate you for sharing.
highr
2/1/16

My experience was very professional and must be classified as very good. Although, I had to make two small changes to the original document which I had difficulty getting made and took over a week and a couple telephone calls to your wonderful support staff to receive. Other than that delay, everything was great.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are glad we could help!
johnb517
1/11/16

We have been pleased with the service . The directions have been very user friendly,I am a farmer so not used to dealing with these type of details but was pleased with the service.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Glad we could help John. Thanks for sharing your experience. We appreciate you!
leeh67
12/28/15

First time ever to use Legal Zoom, "I will be back"! I required a Trademark so I made an inquire to this service company and the following is the true story.

Good friendly phone and email questions answered, step by step guidance with connecting you to right people to answer questions, and was able to stop filing process until I had my free phone consultation with a very knowledgeable and most helpful Attorney. (Easy to schedule the consultation). One thing you will need to do is fill out the form that ask you to best explain your Trademark and logo design.....it would be to your benefit to write out your thoughts before filling out form....I did not and I share this to help you to be ahead.

In closing this experience with Legal Zoom, I would say they have more than been helpful and the fees are very reasonable in comparison to IP Firms. After I got a notice from Zoom services that the Mark was filed, I was more than pleased. 2 weeks later I got a nice package in the mail and all of the paper work and a copy of the USPTO filing also. In package also included a step by step to check the status of my New serial number at the Trademark office.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Thank you for the kind words Lee. Glad we could help.
parthj1
12/3/15

Heather was very patient and helpful in answering my questions.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
So glad to hear this Parth, glad we could help!
neilf18
10/29/15

Chatted with Natalie Fleming while completing the online order process. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. If all future contact with LegalZoom resources are as satisfactory as this chat was, I will be a happy customer.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Neil, so glad to hear you received top notch service. We appreciate you and value you as a customer!
kenneths56
10/28/15

My Last Will and Testament was done by LegalZoom about a year ago, and during a move it got misplaced. I contacted LegalZoom and next day it was e-mailed to me at no charge. Very good service.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Kenneth, glad we could help. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else!
laram12
10/23/15

I wanted to cancel the legal zoom registered agent service. They made it incredibly difficult to find the process to do so. Once I found it, filed to be my own agent in my state, and forwarded legal zoom the email from my state, they quickly cancelled my service and refunded me in full. That last part was awesome. :)

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Lara, sorry you had trouble when contacting us directly to cancel your agent subscription. Glad it's all worked out now. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future needs via help@legalzoom.com.
jimw86
10/23/15

The process took a little longer than expected.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Jim, I am sorry that your process took longer than expected. We appreciate and value your feedback.
fritsd
10/18/15

Went OK

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Thanks Frits!
amandar51
10/17/15

I wanted to start a "casual" Small business and just really wanted a little help with some questions from lawyers. They offered unlimited 30 minute consultation for a month. That was all I really needed to get my LLC for a small side business that I swatted to start. Great price and amazing value. I would have rather had something like 4 30 minute seasons in 3 months because I did need a little more help after that month but I was happy what service I did have as it resolve 95% of my questions.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Amanda, I am glad to hear we could help. We are happy to assist you with setting up a legal plan subscription where you can receive additional consultations on new legal matters. If interested, please feel free to contact us via help@legalzoom.com.
happycustomerc
10/16/15

LegalZoom made the whole process simple and efficient. I will totally recommend to my friends.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Thanks so much for your kind words!
georgec46
5/2/13

I used LegalZoom in the past and although it might be a little pricey with all the extra features you can add-on, they provide a good service and help you navigate legal issues if you're trying to incorporate or dealing with other legal issues by yourself. It's definitely much cheaper than hiring a lawyer and they actually have a service where you can consult with lawyers. I don't like how they try to upsell you constantly to some of their services. The idea of paying for the service every month for years I might not use too much just doesn't vibe well with me. But I guess for some, that's the cost of doing business.

The site itself is pretty easy to use and I haven't had any issues with it. I like the design and it is actually pretty easy to navigate and when I had to call in, the customer service rep was pretty good and helped me figure out what I needed to.

richardp23
12/29/12

very helpful site

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Carol, we can absolutely help you with setting up a living trust. Our packages start at $249.00 or you may benefit even more with an estate plan bundle. Call us at 1-866-738-2980 for more information.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LegalZoom