Review of Last Call

Tel: 2399993866
lastcall@customercare.lastcall.com

patriciam614
3/13/19
• Updated review

(Addendum: I just had two more items canceled, and that was on an order for which I had used a $25 off coupon. So that coupon is negated, and I have no merchandise to show for it. Oh...and the cancellation email included another "look for a 10 percent off coupon" promise. Amazing.)

This is a story about how frustrating and inept LC can be. When they canceled my last order (the in-stock, teaser item was item not in stock), they sent me an automated email apology telling me to "look for" a 10 percent off coupon code in my email within 24 hours. I never got the code. I did a Chat on the LC website with "Roberto" to ask for the code I was promised. Roberto denied that such codes were sent out by email. He then asked for the date of the order (I had given him the order number, so...yep). Then he tried asking what order I wanted to apply the code to (I had a couple items in my cart because I guess I never learn). He tried everything he could come up with to avoid giving me the code, or even directly addressing the questions I asked. Finally, he looks up my cart and tells me that the code (which I do not have, remember) can't be used on the items in my cart because they are already discounted. Really? If you are familiar with LC, you know that everything is sold as X percent off. But remember that I never told him I was trying to apply the code (which I did not have) to an order. I simply wanted what I was promised.

Adding insult to injury, I have gotten several LC emails today reminding me that I have "left something in (my) cart." What are the items? The out-of-stock items that LC canceled more than a week ago.

I hate this company.

“Just be choosy about why you buy”
2/26/19
• Previous review

As with all outlet stores, you need to know your merchandise to shop effectively on LastCall.com. I have been buying from them for many years, and have had mixed experiences, but I keep going back to them even when they mess up. If you know a brand and know the real retail price, you can often snag a good deal on previous-season pieces. Just be aware that the site is clogged with odd-duck stuff that may or may not be actual NM store stock. Outlets like this do get stock from their flagship stores, but they also carry stock made expressly for sale in outlets.

The most annoying thing about LastCall is that they have poor inventory tracking, so you can complete a transaction and find out days later that the order is canceled because they are out of stock. The website also has scanty information on many items, and often they'll have just one photo of a piece. However, they have paid for returned shipping when I complained that an item was not as described, so they do listen to customers.This is where knowing your brand comes in handy: I always cross-check items on other websites and image searches before I buy.

Be sure to look up coupon and promo codes, and use their free shipping code. They give cash back through The Ebates portal, too.

patriciam614
3/5/19
• Updated review

I'm lowering LC's rating because I have had it with the constant order cancellations! I just had another today. They list items on their website that they don't actually have in stock. And because their website can be a bit clunky, I can spend way too much time trying to complete a transaction, only to have it canceled the next day. Waste of my precious time! And this happens frequently enough that it smells like a cynical scam. It's illegal to bait customers with deals you cannot fulfill. That's why car dealerships will always have at least one car available at that "unbelievably low price." So is LC listing those "almost gone" items at "40 percent off sale price" to draw in the customers, knowing that the items will not be available? It's possible. After all, many times I add on another item or two to the order, so LC gets a sale even though part of the order (the part that was never available) is canceled.

“Just be choosy about why you buy”
2/26/19
• Previous review

tinap117
2/22/19

Received my return items with original tag and everything but still said didn't take my return just email said your return is not acceptable. Call customer service even worse no help at all keep said same thing over and over. Lucky didn't order anything else after this order.

michaelh1284
2/11/19

Wife bought me a pair of shoes for Christmas. Shoes that arrived were 2 sizes too big. Box was thrown away accidentally on Christmas morning. Returned the shoes sans box, got 0 refund, and they kept them. Thanks for nothing, last call. Never again.

rachelm316
1/29/19

Quite simply the worst customer service I have encountered in the 21st century from a major retailer. I had to call once and use the online chat option twice to finalize the return of an item, all after following their online instructions step-by-step. The phone call took 20 minutes (at the end of which the company representative confirmed a change that subsequently did not take place), and the two chats took one hour. The confusion was that I was given store credit instead of a refund when returning an item, since my name was written differently on the card used for purchase and on the mailing address for delivery. When I explained the issue to the customer service agents (i.e. one was my legal name, and one was my nickname), they didn't seem to understand, and language skills appeared to be part of the issue. I was continuously told that they were "reviewing notes" (the last agent with whom I chatted claimed to be reviewing notes five or six separate times). One agent even terminated a chat with me before we were finished. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID -- of course, unless you enjoy spending two hours returning a pair of boots.

ashleya73
1/23/19

I bought 10 items, 2 days later received notifications from FedEx saying they were shipped in 2 separate orders, then 1 day later received an email saying 5 of the items were cancelled because they didn't have the items in stock. As it turns out, they order the items from the manufacturer's warehouse whenever they're being sent out.

I told them to just recall the packages if possible because I don't want just half my order as the 5 cancelled items were the reason I really made one in the first place. They recalled one package, and I just have to refuse or resend the other. I was told by one CS rep there's nothing that can be done as they were already shipped, and the second rep actually recalled the first package. It was just incredibly annoying because they don't even have the inventory they advertise, then you have to dig and come up with solutions for yourself. I'll never order from them again.

ingridk15
12/19/18

This was my first and last order from Last Call. I ordered a pair of Magnanni sneakers for my husband and they shipped a pair of shoes from Tommy Bahama. I have sent back the shoes and when I called to verify that they have received the shoes back per the return label that they sent....they don't show anything received but their own shipping label tracking number that they sent me shows they received it.

I am still waiting for a return and they customer service is horrible!! Never will I purchase from them again. I am still waiting for my $155

emmym10
12/4/18

If you are looking for deals on quality merchandise, it's not at this site! I've ordered two gifts from here and am returning one because it's so cheap....I'd return the other but it's not as bad as the wine goblets I just received. I was going to give them as a gift but after examination I realized that these were not something I could in good conscience give as a gift. They are going back!

ds296
9/14/18

very disappointed with NMLC....received a $50 OFF promotional gift card from senior vice president, Elizabeth Allison. Checked the card for exclusions and there were NONE except cash/cc card payments. Card reads, Please enjoy this promotion of $50 off any purchase of $50 or more before tax and must be used by October 31, 2018. Good in-store or online. WRONG....tried to purchase a dress for $53.00 and was declined for the promotion because it had been marked down!!! Really?? Isn't that why Last Call is an outlet????

martyd24
9/10/18

Just bought two Furla bags. 30% off with 15% extra promo code! Unbeatable prices. I can always count on Last Call for the best products, service, and prices.

jimc410
5/28/18

Previously, a bad transaction prompted me to hang a One Star review on LastCall.com. Warning others to steer clear of Lastcall.com helped me feel a little less impotent, but Im still mad as a wet hen. It took weeks to save the $750 I paid LastCall.com for a defective pair of earrings.

kz14
5/15/18

I returned the shoes I ordered for an exchange for a bigger size. Then I was told they would issue me a gift card refund because they don't have any thing in stock for the size that I ordered. It's been two month and I still haven't received my refund. Contacted customer services three times. The first two times they promised I would receive the refund within five business days. Then guess what, nothing happened. The last time I was literally told there's nothing she could do to help me. Surely the most unpleased shopping experience I've ever had.

mohamedt15
4/11/18

AC74-036C weltablawy@gemini-holding.com

I order more than order from Souq EGYPT and every time i get Poor quality and delay shipment for example i have Order ID: #4099506787167 supposed to be received since 8-04-2018 and till now i didn't know where it shipment company over promising all the time and i submit more than complain on SoQU portal without feed back Please if any one have a official mail for complain team please advise

rizalinaf
3/1/18

i called customer service to place an order because my gift card wouldn't go through for some reason and she was not helpful at all. Every question she asked me was just a strain and she sounded sleepy and exhausted. Unbelievable!!! She asked for the Item number which I gave to her and she told me I was supposed to let her know that it was a Last Call order which I assumed it was because it's the website I was ordering from and the number I called. Smh. She was acting like I was supposed to know. Wow!!!

jennyl112
2/3/18

The prices are great. Always have good mark downs but the store is kind of messy so you have to dig your way to find your size

lisam536
1/16/18

Ordered a name brand item and the item received was a knock-off brand from China. The exact same item and item number was used. Called and customer service said the original brand is made in China so it is probably the same. Customer service was not able to identify the brand received or price associated with knock-off brand. Claimed it was shipped by accident and that it is not in their system to determine the price. Agreed to refund and received refund the next day.

Tip for consumers: Do not shop on the site.

sams450
1/13/18

The website doesn't provide correct size chart. I ordered 3 medium size outwear, but one is too big. When called customer service for help, then just asked me to send it back and offered no more help as the item was out of stock online. So, I asked if its available at any of their stores, then she just told me to contact one store and disconnected. Not at all willing to help any further. When contacted the Austin, TX store it was complete crap, people just kept transferring to every other person and none of them were willing to help me. I would never ever want to buy from these retailer again. And also won't recommend to any others.

gm103
11/29/17

The "exchange" policy is absurd - a joke! I called within minutes of receiving a coat seeking an exchange. Although there was just one available nationwide in the size needed, I was told the "exchange" policy is return the item, wait to receive a merchandise credit gift card and buy again! Really....I was being set up to pay $9.95 return shipping and get saddled with a store credit. A "supervisor" offered no alternative! The coat in the size needed sold out before the phone call ended! Most major retailers pull the exchange merchandise, place a hold for its value against the customer credit card and ship while awaiting return of the original item. Or, they are clear that no exchanges are available! Both the policies and the personnel are below acceptable standards! Never again!

ninjajk
10/5/17

worst customer service I ever come across. Placed an order, money was taken, then received saying no stock and will refund, took 3 months no refund was done, emailed customer service and said I need to provide credit card number for refund while I paid through Paypal. Then they said they cannot refund to Paypal, and I provide a credit card number they said it does not match when I paid my order. At the end I disputed through paypal and got my money back, after 5 months. What a nightmare!

exe12
9/17/17

Had an awful customer service experience today trying to resolve an issue on the website. Spent a total of 75+ minutes on the phone between the hold time and being placed on hold by customer svc. Was promised a $10 store credit that I did not receive and called in trying to resolve it. Spoke to Jenny who was rude & nasty she told me I have no credit I made it up, spoke to Monica who was untrained & defensive she told me it would take 48 hrs for my credit to appear after I already told her my friend received a credit instantly, and finally I spoke to Chanel the supervisor who was unimpressed & completely uninterested in my issue; after I told her about my complications she sarcastically replied "that's a lot of trouble for $10" -____- ...sadly, she's right I'm not shopping Last Call anymore this was a big headache for a little reward.

suzanner33
9/15/17

Long story short, I used a gift card on an order which they did not apply. After almost 1 hour on the phone with 2 customer service reps they refused to make me whole. They offered discounts on future purchases, partial refunds to my credit card, etc. But any solution they proposed in the end would cost me money. Never, ever will I order from them. Order at your own peril

rachela70
9/13/17

First off, the pricing in regards to quality seems misleading. Some of these items were made specifically for the outlet store. Therefore, it isn't the same quality as an item that came the main NM store. But they give you the "MSRP" for NM and then state their price as if you're getting a huge deal when really the quality isn't even close to department store quality. My biggest issue with Last Call though is that they continually raise prices from previously lower prices that weren't specifically for sales. I was eyeing a Rebecca Taylor blouse that was normally priced at $137 for a few weeks and there wasn't a promotion going on. Then today, when I finally convinced myself to just buy the top, I go online to LC and discover that the price has been increased 67% to $229 and they're offering a BOGO discount. First off, I despise BOGO promotions because you're rarely ever actually getting a good deal; you always have to buy more to get "some %" off. Second, I think it is very misleading that they jack up the price of an item when they start a new promotion. You're not really getting a good deal if the price more than doubles and you're only getting 50% off the SECOND item. I've noticed LC doing this price increase stuff for a while and I'm absolutely done shopping there. It's very deceptive, especially for the iffy quality.

janeb10
5/30/17

Pathetic non-existent response to multiple emails regarding when shipment will arrive.
Ordered 3 items on 3 May 2017, only received 1 of 3. No contact received from company, have sent 4 questions. Live in Australia and online chat has no-one available let alone picking up a phone. So no one replies to the only method of contact which is email.
How hard is it to respond???

kelleyd13
3/20/17

I ordered two different items - both items actually shipped did not match the pictures online. completely different colors. then I realize they were going to charge me 9.95 for each return.

I will say customer service through the online chat was pretty good. but I will probably never order anything from this company again. for using the Neiman name - this very disappointing. went to Nordstrom rack and got a similar item and a great service.

too bad - both the flagship brand and the last call - have lost a customer in me.

Go Nordstrom!!!

karene63
2/14/17

Yes. this is the 8th time I received the incorrect item. I requested a small. I received a xtra large. It was in the box/no wrapping. I am done shopping w/Last Call.

Questions? Get answers from the Last Call staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Last Call