LaptopBatteryStore.co.uk

LaptopBatteryStore.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.56 stars from 32 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. LaptopBatteryStore.co.uk also ranks 52nd among Laptop Batteries sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Noone of them are answering, and the phone number is incorrect.
How would you rate LaptopBatteryStore.co.uk?

“It took 7 days for my battery to come from China”

Dom D.
2/21/11

It took 7 days for my battery to come from China. They don't use Royal Mail but Parcel Force. Got slightly worried when I found out they were shipping from China, but all went well, the price was right and the delivery was, all things considered, fast. Their battery search engine is good, the look and feel of the website not so good. They're cool, I will use them again.

“Bad Battery, Bad Company.”

Valerie J.
3/29/18

I ordered a battery for a Bose product and patiently waited for a month. After giving up to every receiving my order, I asked for my money back and was told that things were slow because of the Chinese New Year. One week later I received a worthless battery that doesn't hold a charge. These scammers need to be investigated.

phone number (4)
valeriej35
March 29th, 2018
mikes163
May 1st, 2013
'Warehouse' in London, 5 days delivery by Royal Mail, good-looking database of batteries. The first inkling I had that things weren't right was the tracking number given that ended in HK instead of GB. Only then did I look around and find this site - at that time with only three terrible reviews.
Anyway after two weeks the battery arrived from Hong Kong 'delivered' as promised by Royal Mail. No VAT or anything to pay at delivery probably because it was described as a gift with no value.
Well packaged. Battery looked OK and has actually performed brilliantly ever since - that's about two months so far.
margaretb46
March 23rd, 2015
I ordered a lap top battery last Thursday got my PayPal invoice email but no email of confirmation from the place I ordered it from. I emailed them on Friday & they got back to me today asking for confirmation of my PayPal email which I sent & have herd nothing back this company doesn't even have a phone number so you can speak to some one will give it a few days then take it up with pay pay if my battery doesn't arrive.
stuartm7
February 20th, 2012
I ordered a battery on the 1st february, delivery supposed to be within 5 days. I emailed them on the 9th & 10th & got no response. I emailed again on the 13th & got an email from them with a tracking number but no explanation. When I tried the tracking number I got "invalid number" so I emailed Parcel force who told me it was being held at UK custom but had no date for it being released. This was the first I knew that they were not UK based despite having a UK domain address. I would not have ordered from them if I had known because of the difficulty in chasing it up. Having a .UK address and not informing people that they are not in the UK amounts to misrepresentation, aka deceit. All this time the battery was stil marked as "in stock" on their site.
I had raised a dispute with Paypal so escalated it to a claim to try & at least get my money back. Last night I got an email from Paypal saying they had a tracking number which turned out to be the same one I had been given a week earlier. However this time it worked and the battery is supposed to be on a local delivery van (fingers crossed) otherwise they would only have got one star.
I would certainly not use them again or recommend them.
saheemm
November 23rd, 2017
This site is scam site i have tried to contact them but no reply phone is incorrect very dodgy site buy at your own risk
pb42
February 17th, 2016
battery arrived , but does not hold a charge . they have now issued me with a returns number but ...
to be sent back at my cost and have you tried to send a lithium battery in the post to china these days , no one will take it

so what to do ,

best avoid doing any business with these guys
ma1032
August 13th, 2010
I ordered a toshiba laptop battery from this after doing a google search. The price of around £45 was great. I registered and went to the checkout page it went to the bank visa verification so I knew that at least it was authentic it was under a Mr Zu...

After a week no delivery. I emailed them. They replied on Monday saying that they had dispatched the battery on 01August 2010. That being a Sunday I guessed that this item is going to take a while as it looks like they are based in China and are going to post it to me. Another week past and nothing. I emailed them 3-4 times with no reply (even thoough their email said that if I have any queries not to hesistate and contact them). As I write the battery did arrive 12th August 2010. Great packaging. Opened and was relieved and grateful to find a brand new toshiba replacement battery. After 1 hour charging it was ready to use showing 2 and a half hours battery life which is comparable to the orginal battery life. What a relief! I sent them an email to thank them. So yes the website does appear to be a fraud but I can assure you it is genuine! I am living proof that they do deliver if you can handle the three week wait.
arlainb
May 5th, 2015
So i ordered a battery about 15 days ago. I never received any confirmation. I have tried to contact the company twice through e-mail and the phone. Noone of them are answering, and the phone number is incorrect. Thank god i paid with PayPal so that i can get my money back. Please stay away from this amateur company!
steves88
March 19th, 2013
"I ordered a battery from this company and when making payment was surprised that it was Chinese, Upon reading these reviews I was a little concerned, especially as my order was showing pending. After six working days I contacted them and received a note back the following day saying that the battery was not in stock and my money was refunded the same day."
domd
February 21st, 2011

They're cool, I will use them again.
bertieb17
July 20th, 2015
Basically sent me an e-mail saying thank you for order re paypal when I did no such thing. Avoid.
aln4
September 15th, 2014
I ordered a battery for my ipaq hx 4700. A week later received email "out of stock,will refund soon". Two weeks later still no refund "manager having trouble with paypal account". I sent another email suggesting I contact Paypal and inform them of the "problem". Refunded at last, after aprox 4 weeks, and the out of stock battery still advertised as in stock!!!! BEWARE
petrih
February 22nd, 2011
Hi,

I tried to google for any online store selling replacement battery for Acer. Laptopbatterystore.co.uk seemed ok, although reading the reviews from this site made me a bit nervous to order anything from store, which in reality was located in China. I bit the bullet and tested ordering, using Paypal as payment option.

I received notification within minutes from Paypal about order, and just a few moments later I got another one from laptopbatterystore stating they also got the order. I was prepared to wait for quite some time, or possibly even not receiving the goods ever.

However, after roughly two weeks waiting, I'm happily holding the battery. It was properly packaged and wrapped in bulk box including anti static plastic wrapping, and came along with instructions, original postal receipt (half Chinese, half English) :)

So, nothing to complain really, and after negative comments here I was even very positively surprised everything went just OK!

--quick update--

Delivery address was to Madrid/Spain.
roberth97
September 25th, 2013
Ordered a battery from them thinking they were a UK company. Two weeks later I am still waiting and every time I request tracking reference I get excuses and " it will be with you in a week" At least I paid via Paypal and have opened a dispute but I need the battery URGENTLY ! Will update again when/if the battery arrives
donaldf1
April 1st, 2010
I have used them once only (March 2010). The site is a front for a China supplier. It takes at least a week for goods to come. Communication is a little slow. But, to be fair, the goods were just as described and price was great. THEY ARE NOT A SCAM.
leea35
September 12th, 2013
WARNING YOU ARE GOING TO GET RIPPED OFF>
The battery I bought nearly set on fire, their customer service said send it back but you cant, batteries are not permitted to be sent over seas(hong kong)couriers want twice the worth of the battery and you will not get the money refunded! be warned this company will rip you off they are not even in the uk, Dont Waste Your MONEY!!!!
patrickm24
August 30th, 2012
A very bad experience. They sent a battery (from Singapore). It did not work. I asked about a refund on a number of occasions but they refused to answer my emails. Avoid this lot. Patrick
petern11
February 22nd, 2013
I ordered a battery for my HP510 laptop and after a while it arrived - not quick but it arrived. Plugged it in and charged it up: lasted about 30 mins before I had to plug in charger again. After that I always had the charger connected. That was August 2012. In Feb 2013 I hadn't used the laptop for about 2 weeks. Tried to switch on without the charger and ... nothing. Battery dead flat apparently. Plugged in the charger and worked away for about 1 hour and then BANG! It was literally a small explosion and flames came from under all four sides of the laptop. House fire alarms went off and the table cloth started to catch fire. Managed to chuck the whole laptop outside in the snow. Lots of small black debris all over the lounge from the smoke. Laptop a complete write-off. Sent this place an email but no response. Reading the other emails (for the 1st time) suggests I may not be getting one. I believe the battery was defective/poor quality and this outfit should be avoided like the plague. I never realised defective batteries could explode like this. I've learnt never to leave them on charge during the night! See photo attached.
garys44
February 9th, 2013
WARNING. THESE ARE FAULTY BATTERIES. I bought 2 macbook pro batteries from this company and they do not hold a charge for more than 10 minutes. the company is based in south east ASIA and do not respond to my emails for exchange.

BEWARE IF YOU BUY FROM HERE YOU ARE THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY.
ga767
June 15th, 2012
sadly my experience is the same as all the other posts. Have paid £65 for a battery, it hasn't shown up and I have had no replies to my E-mails. Will be going to the trading standards website to register a complaint. AVOID THIS SELLER.
dereka3
July 18th, 2013
Ordered and received the battery without problem or delay. After only a couple of months the battery is dead. Will not take or hold a charge, dies after less than a minute.
Sent emails but no response.
albb
February 13th, 2011
I ordered a battery at the end of December, but expected it to be delayed due to the weather conditions and the Christmas period. It is the beginning of February, and still no battery. I have emailed, and received replies along the lines of "please do not worry, we will send another one". Of course no 'other' one has shown up. Definitely a scam, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
terminalxx
May 6th, 2010
Same thing with me (yet) . I ordered a Toshiba battery in 13-4-10 . They replied me when i sent them e-mail at 23-4-10 that has been dispatched from 17-4-10 but i'm still waiting....(6-5-10).....i sent them other emails without any response...
I don't know what to say... but i think i will be one more idiot that paid for something that i will never get..... :(

Updated (10-5-10)

Today the battery arrived...... after almost a month!!!!
staceyb2
March 29th, 2010
i ordered a laptop battery from them over a week ago. I've never receieved a confirmation email and tried to contact them via their 'contact us' page on the website - however, the 'send' button does not respond. Found a phone number on my paypal payment page - tried calling, but was faced with a weird automated voice - so i hold no hope with this either.
PLEASE do not order from this site - you'll simply be waving goodbye to your money!
joes20
August 29th, 2010
Shame I didn't see sitejabber before ordering.

I've had all the same problems that others have described.

Battery hasn't been dispatched and can't get my money back.

yes i recieved my laptop battery as promised. Howver, it does take three weeks or so for the order to arrive in the UK from China. You will not lose your money. I thought I did as it was nearly three weeks with no contact from the supplier except for the two confirmations that they had taken my money and that the order had dispatched (they only told me this after I chased them twice by email). So yes it does seem to be fine. The website may look a bit dodgy, but to be fair as someone said the goods do arrive in perfect condition. I am using my laptop with the battery in and it is still typing and showing an incredible performance. So bottom line is dont be afraid you will not lose your money. I can vouch for that fact because after not having had any contact I did a google search to see if is was a scam it wasn't because I did receive the goods three weeks later. Interesting that in their email they write your goods will arive shortly which proabably is a good indicator that it is going to take a while. I think we are so used to next day delivery with most of the internet sites that we forget that smaller firms based abroad to keep costs down do take a little while longer. So yeah.... good site.

By m a.