Review of Kiki La'Rue

Southlake, TX 76092, US
help@kikilarue.com

cherylk120
7/12/18

I have been shopping with KikiLaRue since Dec 2017. I started to participate the Boxed by Becka monthly club Feb 2018. I love everything I have received. Even my daughter looks forward to the monthly boxes. Since my daughter and I are built differently we are able to share the Medium size boxed clothing. I have had a couple issues in the past, ONE: not their fault, it was a post office issue. During the whole time, the staff at Kiki helped me with my Post Office claim. SECOND: I ordered a sale item. They accidentally sent me the wrong dress. No biggie. I texted them (their preferred communication) they sent me email with return postage paid etc. I returned the item and received the correct item within 5 days. Whenever I have questions, their FB group is so helpful, there are reps within the FB group that helps with any questions: sizing, getting our codes to work, etc. Mostly so we don't bother Kiki LaRue with our errors. The clothes are washed and hung dry, I wear multiple times with no signs distress or wear/tear. I highly recommend them.

mistyk10
5/11/18

I love being able to shop at a place that doesnt have what every other store has. The fabrics are so soft and amazing, I love my butter sweaters, chandler Tees, cardis and leggings. The shipping is amazingly fast and the jeans are my favorite. I have become pretty much a KLR exclusive shopper.

breannac8
1/22/18

I think that as with any new store, Kiki LaRue went through some growing pains in their first years. I have always loved their clothes though, especially the DENIM, so I stuck around and I'm so glad I did. The store staff now is EXCELLENT and always willing to help you, whether you just need to find another size of an item or if you need a personal shopper to help you find the perfect dress for a banquet or shower.
The coffee shop makes this place a great spot to come hang out, relax, and maybe even find your new favorite sweater. I highly reccommend you come in and give the store a try!

jilliand7
1/22/18

I have been shopping with Becka since she was shipping clothes out of her house. She trains her team to be the absolute best in customer service! The clothes are cute, affordable, on trend and higher quality than most of the stuff you see out there right now! Shop with them you will NOT be disappointed!

heatherv29
1/17/18

If anyone shops with them I do NOT recommend this store anymore. I bought a pair of Heather Jeans and they ripped after about 3 wears in the pocket. Ive bought all my jeans from them and Ive never had this issue before so I contacted the customer service department thinking it was just a defective jean. They proceeded to tell me that I needed to take them in to a seamstress to get them fixed because they couldnt do anything about it. Uhhh? Excuse me? I thought surely that isnt the case so I emailed Becka (THE OWNER) on January 2nd and to this day still havent heard anything back. I reached out to the customer service line again and she told me she(Becka) tends to not respond, but she did forward me the email back to say the same thing I did.

What kind of company ignores emails and treats customers this way? Its ridiculous!

ashtonm14
10/31/17

Let me start by saying the clothing at KLR is cheaply made and overpriced! Most of my items didn't make it through a second wash before falling apart! The items this website sells are about 1/3 of the price on other boutique sites. Aside from that,
the owner is a terrible person. I REFUSE to spend my money with someone as conceited and rude as Becka Clark. She has personally attacked me (and thousands of others) on numerous occasions for stating my opinion in groups. I absolutely can not stand when she calls her customers her "fans". You are not a celebrity. I am NOT fan of yours, I am a customer (well, I was a customer). She brags about money she doesn't have and she victimizes anyone "below" her.

edinaz
9/20/17

I will never shop there again. I ordered a dress over 2 years ago that came with a hole in it. I let them know but nothing was done. Decided a few months ago to try them again and that dress also came in with a hole! I can see it happening once but not twice. The clothes are overpriced rags! I will never order from them again

melissab166
6/19/17

Every bad review you see here is true. I personally had a horrible experience with this crappy excuse of a business the first time I went there. They posted a sale online and only had ONE person to man the store! The sale was fill a bag for $65. Because they had not enough people working the line was 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait. I had an appt to get to and a busy day, I asked if they could hold my items. Came back hours later and some of the same people were still in line- which I would have to get in the back of the line again... called the store three times before I could reach anyone. I asked if I could give my credit card to purchase items and pick up next day. Was told NO. So I Explained my situation that I had already been there twice and had a class I needed to be at I was told they couldn't hold items till next day. The same worker (naive and stupid) who had been there all day was still there at closing and said I could come back then. Was THEN told the "Rules" of the sale had changed... because they found they weren't making as much profit you could only now have 4 items total! So I had to choose to give up 3-4 additional items! Mind you, if you had nothing better to do all day then to sit and wait in line for hours, and if You were some of the people that made it through the line in the first half of the day then you got as many items as you wanted it and some people got up to $1000 worth! Now how do you think that makes a customer feel that they were not treated fairly? So I made a comment on their Facebook page and was blasted by the store owner Becka- Who told me that I was no longer allowed in her store or to purchase from her again. Crazy right? Yes it is true I was very frustrated when I talk to the sales person and they were not willing to work with me to pay for the items that I wanted- but even when I showed up in the store and they change the rules I said nothing and did not complain to the girl working even though she was very snotty about it over the phone and in person. I have been in hospitality sales for 15 years and prior to that was a small business owner for 10 years - I know a little bit about customer service and how you're supposed to treat people. This owner is a NARCISSIST to the extreme. Stay FAR away. By the way it out of the clothes I purchased in the bag several of them were so poor quality that I could not wear because the stitching on the inside and the way it was made was itchy and uncomfortable -really never experienced clothes like that before as I typically shop for higher end brands I certainly do not need to brag about it though the way the owner does. The stories and reviews you see about her raising prices once an item is popular are all true as well as I have seen that - I have also noticed and seen the joke about her trying to make plus size girls feel better which is really a manipulation tactic to people with low self esteem.

michelleb258
4/21/17

The customer service feels more like a family, than a store. I think the negative reviews are more about not respecting the store rules and then being upset over the consequences. I've always had great service and great customer care. And I've respected that Becka Clark is building a business and tying to make a living.

jessicahr
4/10/17

This boutique is the absolute best ever! Not just for the amazingly cute clothes! But the group of women I've been introduced too from this boutique has been a blessing from God!! They are always uplifting each other and doing random acts of kindness(RAOK) that just warms my heart so much!! Back to the clothes... I literally want to buy everything even tho I can't lol but what I have been able to buy makes me feel like beauty queen! So flattering and flawless! I always get compliments and asked where I got my clothes from. The Number 1 thing on my bucket list, get to Texas to the storefront try it out you will not regret it at all!!!!!

courtneye15
4/7/17

I've been shopping at kiki larue for about 8 months now. I have several pieces and have never had any problems with the quality. However everything I own is handwash (like the tag says) and that could be how others are ruining their items. Ive never met the owner however my husband did at a warehouse sale he went to for me (because he is just the best) and said Becka was very pleasant. Please don't let the bad reviews here stop you from giving this place a try. Also the coffee is a thousand times better than Starbucks

brittanyg25
4/5/17

I should start by saying that I have shopped with Kiki LaRue for 5+ years now. For the most part, I have always been satisfied with my purchases. The pricing has always seemed high, but I was willing to pay it because I couldn't find those items elsewhere. Recently, I began to notice that items that are in the "Rebecca: The Label" line (what a joke!) are nothing more than overpriced items that are carried by other boutiques. Last night, one of the maxi dresses that went live on the KLR site was $59.00. I found the exact same dress on Hazel and Olive's website for $39.00. I posted on the KLR Insiders page and asked what the differences between the two dresses were. Within 20 minutes, I had been verbally attacked by Becka's "fans" and was quickly removed and blocked from the KLR Insiders page. I placed an order with KLR as recently as 3/31/17. I went to log into my KLR account to check the status of my order and ironically, it will not let me log in. When I request a new password, nothing happens. I'm completely fed up with this boutique selling the same items as other boutiques at marked up prices and on top of that, Becka claims that she is designing these products. I used to be a KLR fan and now it's become nothing more than a scam!

deannal21
3/23/17

Kiki LaRue is my favorite boutique, both online and storefront. I have literally bought dozens and dozens of tops, dresses, denim, and everything I bought was high quality. The owner is the sweetest, most helpful, and the most REAL woman ever. She really cares about her customers and wants to make women of every size feel they're beautiful. You will always find people who want something for nothing and then talk trash when they don't get their way, but those of us who actually adore KLR know it is the best!

amandaf69
3/23/17

I've been buying from KLR since the beginning & ive never been disappointed. Becka truly has a knack for bringing the latest styles and trends to the everyday woman, not the woman with the perfect, supermodel body. Shipping is fast & the staff is super helpful & friendly. I recommend this fabulous boutique to everyone!

amys220
3/20/17

This company has great customer service.... until you have an issue. Complain or say one negative thing and you are banned from purchasing - which, fine, I can buy cheaply made clothes at any of the "boutiques" popping up. The owner, Becka, is such a vile person. She tries so hard to be like the girl who owns Red Dress Boutique, but I can't imagine that lady treats her customers like Becka does (sorry - "fans", not customers). Anyway, back to my main complaint. The "boxed" - ridiculous price for junk items. The February box could not have cost her more than $30 to throw together. Half the items were promotional items you can order for $.50 a piece in bulk. And then to say the sweater is an exclusive, but then end up selling? Does she know what exclusive means? I'll never shop there again - not that she needs me to, she has plenty of brain washed "fans".

jamiem113
3/20/17

My dress came without the button to wear properly in the back. The shirts fell apart after two washings and my pants shrunk after one wash!!! I called and they told me too bad I had taken tags off!! Never again!!

deniser48
3/16/17

For the second time this week I had to turn in a complaint to the Texas Better Business Bureau on this company. I will sum up the original complaint quickly as Debra R. Described in detail what happened to me. I bought a February BOXed by Becca in order to attain the highly sought after hot pink butter sweater which was touted as a box exclusive and would ONLY be available for those that purchased a box. Along with the yummy hot pink sweater I received chap stick (meh), a coozie (ugh), a phone charger (ok although I already have a bigger one), and a vegan leather pepto bismal pink baseball hat (currently in the goodwill box in the closet). I did not care. I wanted the sweater. Now the sweater is being sold on the same site. Even the employees stated on Facebook it was the same sweater. When I complained about the false advertising I was blacklisted from the site. No big deal I will not spend another cent in that store. However, the company only issues refunds in the form of gift certificates. I have a gift certificate issued to me for a refund. I also have over 2000 bonus points built up that I am entitled to redeem for gift cards. This company locked me out of my account so that I am now not able to use points or gift card. This makes the owner of the company not only a LIAR and a CHEAT but a THIEF as well.

debrar44
3/16/17

The owner of Kiki La'Rue, Becka Clark, told all KiKi La'Rue Insider's that a particular, highly coveted, pink sweater would only be available in limited quantities and on in the Boxed by Becka released in february for $75. Many wanted this sweater and were willing to pay for the Box. Yes, this box contained other items such as a crappy chapstick (seriously Burt's Bees is so much better) and an ugly pleather baseball cap. I did not want or need these items but I was willing to pay for them just to get the sweater. On Tuesday, the exact sweater, or so claimed by her staff, was released via her website for purchase by anyone at $42. This bastardizing the idea of the box and the idea that this sweater would be exclusive. Had I and many others known this we wouldn't have paid $75 for the box. As soon as I stated the disappointment, I was blocked from the Insider's And BST Facebook page.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me or one of my friends or family! Recently, I drove over an hour out of my way to visit the store front, after verifying hours with a staff member for the day, to find they were closed.

Not to mention, some of their clothes are of poor quality! I bought a black dress that faded terribly after the first wash and other things that have either been destroyed or shrink terribly after washing. After tags are removed, the rule is no returns for ANY REASON.

This company is disorganized and the acts as if she is the most popupar girl in high school and expects everyone to follow her mindlessly! Anyone who expresses a contrary opinion is immediately black balled!

Please don't spend your money here!!!!

ashleys185
1/27/17

I haven't been inside the store but I have bought several items on line and I love how they fit l. Fast shipping and reasonable prices!!!!

karas21
10/1/16

Buyers beware! Do not shop here if you expect credit in the original form of payment, do not shop here if you expect any credit on an order placed using a discount code, do not shop here if you expect any customer service at all. I called the online customer service number and got an automated message that the voicemailbox was full, called the store front number and was told to text the number because it was just an iPhone. I texted and asked for a call back, two days later received a text back. I was told that my store credit is no longer valid since they transitioned to a new system in April. They have no record of my previous orders, and when I produced old email order confirmations was told I should not have received store credit since I had used a coupon code! Wow! Well, I did have store credit and all I can say is the person texting was very rude and unhelpful, and quite unprofessional. I will NEVER shop here again!!!

sarahl178
9/26/16

I've purchased several items from this company and finally learned my lesson. Way overpriced clothing that is mass produced and can be found for half the cost on other sites. Owner flaunts her money and becomes furious when anyone voices concern over the quality or prices. Website will host "sales" but all of the good items mysteriously leave the site during these times. Don't shop here.

matthewsa
9/15/16

I went into Kiki La Rue in Roanoke recently with a little apprehension after reading some of the reviews on this site. My wife and daughter had both mentioned the place was having a special sale where you could get up to 4 items, whatever would fit in a small shopping bag for a fixed price. They had mentioned some things they liked there, so I saw an opportunity with birthdays coming up to score points with my girls. The first thing I noticed was it was crowded! Next, the friendly greeting from the girl at their coffee bar. So, I went over and ordered one of their very unique offerings. Basically a coconut latte. Good stuff! Then as I began to look around at all the items, wondering how I would ever find anything, a giant of a young man with a beard who was helping out sorting and folding clothes, greeted me and asked if I was finding everything okay. Well, I wasn't so he asked me if he could help me find anything in particular and I told him about a couple of things that my wife had mentioned for herself and my daughter. He knew what I was talking about and told me that those were very popular items, so there was a chance they might be gone in those sizes. But he said, give me a moment and I'll see what I can do.. in a matter of moments, he came back with exactly what I had described, and told me that these were indeed the last ones. Needless to say, I was extremely happy. He said he would be working nearby if I needed anything else. I then decided on two more items to fill my bag and went to check out. The young lady behind the counter was very calm even though it was a madhouse and checked me out while telling me of upcoming sales events. I left there with 2 gifts each for my wife and daughter (which they loved!) and plenty of money left. I can't speak to some of the other reviewers here, but if anyone encounters the 3 employees I did, I can't imagine a bad experience.

rachels107
9/10/16

First and foremost, the owner of Kiki la Crap is a complete $#*!. Tried and true. She will be oh so nice to your face, then turn around to her little minions and talk trash. She treats her staff like $#*!, so there is a constant turn over rate. None of the models stick around because she's so awful. Seriously. If you don't benefit the owner in some way, watch out. She loves her "fans" but as soon as you make a single complaint or bring something to her attention she will jump down your throat and sick her little minions on you. She caters to women with low self esteem by telling them how beautiful they are and that the size 16 girls can fit in a small. HAH. No. Don't kid yourself. The clothing quality is AWFUL. Cheap China made crap at a ridiculous mark up. Jane.com has some of the EXACT same items that she claims are Kiki la crap exclusives. Many items I've bought have literally fallen apart at the seems after 1 wash! Ridiculous! Save your money and your time and check out any other "boutique" but this one.

mikem406
8/19/16

I bought a couple of things from this store, and I had mixed emotions about my experience with the owner Becka. Then, I talked to not one but two different vendors and they both basically said the same thing...she's a huge fraud and fakes nice to people then talks about everyone behind their back. The quality of the clothing just is decent too.

angelac94
8/4/16

I came here for the first time a couple of months ago, and every time I would come into the store there were boxes all over the ground full of clothes that I suspect were going to be put out. You couldn't even get to at least 5 racks because of all of the boxes, and no apologies, the store clerk just sat on her phone. The description "mean girls club" fits very well with this business, as the owner and her little minions do not take criticism well. Customer relations are lacking strongly with this boutique. if you are a member of the insiders club on Facebook (I'm sorry for you) but it is chaos, and full of brainwashed women who think they are paying $40 for a quality item that truly probably cost the owner about $6. but don't you dare go on the Facebook page to leave a review or a question because if it isn't 100% positive you will get an army of Regina George wannabe's plus the god awful owner attempting to put you in your place. Stay away unless you want to kiss the ground that they all walk on.

Yes, that's the owner. You should join her store insider's page....her true colors are all over that page. Completely unprofessional and I'm pretty sure she's never had any type of business/PR training.

By Ashley J.
Questions? Get answers from the Kiki La'Rue staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Kiki La'Rue