Jerry's Artarama‎ reviews

Tel: 1-800-U-ARTIST (827-8478)
jerrys.customerservice@jerrysartarama.com

jasons649
2/12/19

$#*! these guys!!! I'm just mad because they refused to cancel my order.. I know nothing about art.. Or art equipment.. I just know I wanted to get something nice for my wife... Saw them online and I ordered the SantiFe 2.. It looked really nice!!! Didn't realize the price was completely ridiculous..
I was driving down the road on my bus route and I saw eisals in the window of a art supply shop.. I went back later after my work day.. I priced them.. I felt my heart sink!!! The price of eisals were a fraction of what Jerry's Art whatever was charging..
I'm furious!!! More with myself than anything. But they are definitely taking advantage of people!! $#*! them!!! I will $#*!ing find them!!!!

georges531
1/29/19

I ordered Golden Acrylic Paints in 5 colors all of which were on sale. They delivered 4 of the paints although the invoice had 5 on it and they charged me for 5. When I called they told me the warehouse had notified them that one of the colors was out of stock. So I asked why they didn't notify me? They said because they have no way to do that. But they would send the missing color as soon as it arrives. A month later I called and they had the paint back in stock although they didn't send it. They apologized and said they would give me a $10 gift card and send the missing paint. They did send paint but it was not the color that was missing from the original order and there was no $10 gift card. I could have sent the color back as it was incorrect and waited for them to send me the color I actually ordered but Instead I just ordered from Blick. The point is if I had not been closely watching they would have been very happy to charge me for 5 paints - send 4 paints and pocket the extra money.

Tip for consumers: If you do order from them check and check again that they fulfilled what you ordered

laurad382
1/15/19

I purchased 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 brown frame. The silver and gold have markings and lines, where supposedly the gold or silver leaf is attached. It looks so tacky and cheap. When I tried to return, they said that is the way they are made.

I would be embarrassed to put one of my paintings in these frames and try to sell them!

I would expect that if a customer considers something to look as if it is poor quality, they would do a return without a cost to customer.

beckyc100
1/5/19

I just placed an order with Jerry's for the absolute last time. I've said this before, but this time I mean it. It took me about an 1 1/2 hours to place this simple order. The website is super slow and non-user friendly. I have always been able to get the free shipping to my PO Box (I do not have home delivery where I live unless it's sent FedEx or UPS), and they wouldn't send that way without charging me. But...this wasn't made clear. I had to try and change my address over and over, then tried live chat and was told if I called they could fix it for me. I called and was rudely told that there was no way I could have it delivered to my PO Box without a charge. I finally got around it after numerous tries by doing what my local PO told me to do...put my box number on the same address line. If you offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount or by using a code, then you should honor it or make it very clear up front. Even still, that's just bad business in my opinion. Not only all that...and that has been my experience with them for the last several years, but my orders take forever to arrive. Last time I ordered there was one thing backordered and I finally cancelled the order after 3 1/2 months. I've been ordering from Jerry's for over 20 years and this good relationship has changed in the last 5 years or so. I bet you're losing many longtime customers!

jss8
12/20/18

Policies and returns are not competitive with Blick or Joe's Cheap art stuff or the local stores. I bought Creative Mark Squirrel hair quill brushes with shed like crazy, after 30 days - no return, unlike Blick or Cheap Joe's art supplies (w 365 day returns). Prices are not better, Jerry's customer service attitude is their doing you a favor. They want you to pay for shipping back orders unlike their competitors.

robertb1360
12/17/18

I should have believed the reviews. Their customer service is rude, condescending and as unhelpful as possible... even when it is within their ability to help. Crazy!! By at a local store, they are separately owned... save yourself the heartache.

tavias1
11/6/18

I LOVE SHOPPING AT JERRY'S ARTARAMA ONLINE. I LOVE THE SPECIALS THEY HAVE. I HAVE PURCHASED A LOT OF MY ACCRYLIC PAINTS AND MEDIUMS FROM JERRY'S. I HAVE ALSO PURCHASED CANVASES, PAPER PADS, COLORED PENCILS, ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF ART SUPPLIES. EVERYTHING I HAVE ORDER HAS BEEN TOP NOTCH, OF VERY GOOD QUALITY. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM OR WITH GETTING MY ORDER. IF YOU NEED ART SUPPLIES...JERRY'S THE ONE FOR YOU..........

dianeh260
10/3/18

I was looking for a portfolio protector to protect a 24"x36" foam poster I had made and google led me to Jerry's Artarama. I've a very safe person so I googled them and saw all these bad reviews on this site, it made me rethink from ordering here so I seeked out alternative options, but the other place was trying to charge me $13 to ship my item because it's "oversized" so I decided to go with the cheaper option that gives free shipping for orders over $35 and order through Jerry's. Of course my order got canceled so I called them up and ask them why. They told me the address was funky so after confirming my address they manually overrided it and put in the address I told them. I didn't have faith that my order would arrive in one piece since so many reviews said their items were beat up etc..It took 6 days for my items to arrive but I got it and WOW- the packaging is FANTASTIC. It actually took me over 5 mins to unwrap it all because it was packaged so carefully and thoughtfully!! Props to Jerry for good packaging and sending my correct items and good service on the phone.

bg102
9/7/18

The customer service is terrible. They made a mistake in the billing (entered my address wrong), cancelled the order and refused to help at any point, continually saying it was the bank's fault, my fault...everyone but theirs. Even after I sent them screen shots of my credit card statement, they insisted the sale had never gone through. Even if it were not their fault, I would expect they would help resolve the issue. Instead I had to call them multiple times (waiting for an interminable amount of time each call because they take forever) and was just told that it is my problem and I'd have to cancel the charges and go through and redo my order if I wanted it. They definitely need some training in customer service, as a little bit of kindness and at least an attempt to help can go a long way.

jinal9
8/27/18

Do not use Jerry's Artarama. Use Utrecht or Blick Art. I recently purchased #10 and #16 oil brushes. Upon receiving, I was shocked how small these brushes were compared to my other brand brushes of the same sizes. I wanted to return because of the unacceptable small size. They wouldn't provide a return label. They kept on saying that manufacturers can make whatever they want and label them as whatever sizes. Obviously, they make the price cheap for Artarama but send items that are not up to standard. So many Artarama products are like that. If the price seems good, be aware. Compare the three #10 brushes. The smallest one is from Artarama. They will send you sub-standard items.

lilk1
6/23/18

Ordered an H easel. Arrived in flimsy punctured box. Had predrilled holes that had ripped the wood. One screw put in sideways and curled to a C. A crossbar with split wood. Screws too short to effectively join the parts. So, I called the day it was received and asked them about their 30 day guarantee. I had to prove my claim with photos. They agreed to refund, but they claim they need to have the use of my money for up to an additional week. Don't trust the reviews on their website. They offer a lottery for a big gift card and tell those with negative reviews to call customer service. They have so many competitors, I don't know why anyone would use them.

to18
5/23/18

Ordered $50 which qualified for the free shipping on orders over $35. Was charged almost $15 for shipping. They never replied why or gave a refund. They never replied period. Will not order again.

bernyb
5/21/18

ordered 5x7 panels, were shipped with a package and they were all damaged because of how they were packaged. they are cheap as can be and between calling emailing and they say a refund is coming. that would be close to 4 weeks of getting my money back if it even shows on my credit card in 2 weeks. . And no email letting me know whats going on. . I have to hound them, call, call, call and check my credit card statements myself. Seriously, I will never order from there again.

donw140
4/18/18

My first order of watercolor paints was sent in a flat package that opened during shipping! Okay $160 in paints lost to who know's where. So I called Jerry's and they told me I would get $10 off gift card plus a new order sent out free of charge. Well the second package of watercolor paints arrived in flat too. Thankfully nothing was crushed since the paint tubes came out of the box. No gift card! Not even a receipt or packing slip! Nothing! I will not be using Jerry's ever again.

tinal114
4/4/18

I have been a Good Customer for years. But This time was the last time. It says on thier site That it is free shipping with $35 or more.. I placed a 300 order they chared me shipping sale prices were wrong as well i got charged full Price. So i called an WOW the service sucks.. Very Rude Not Helpful at all i got charge full Price Plus Shipping because they said i had a PO BOx as part of my address UMM i had my Physical address listed an really its the same Ship it to me label i have Used for Years.. I Love Wilson Bickford Products but from now on ill go directly through him .. This Was so On called For!!!!

sandrak83
3/7/18

jerrys has been my go to to order oil painting supplies for at least twenty years. They noticed I was not ordering anymore and sent me a coupon. No thank you! I know what I want and what brand and size but have to hunt all over the place and scroll a million miles. Sometimes the buttons work sometimes they do not. To pay can be a hassle too.Too many buttons, too much pushing of poor quality junk. Too exhausting to shop this chaotic mess. SFK

torib18
1/3/18

I was on the site shopping to place my first order after receiving a promotional discount coupon. I had several items in my cart that were advertised for $1 or $2 to try out the product. When I went to checkout, everything from that promotion had gone up 25 cents. I understand its not much, but it was not what was advertised and I had a set amount to spend and this took me a few dollars over. I tried to email Jerry's and got an error message twice so I started a live chat. I informed Lex what had happened and that I checked on their home page and the ad still said everything should be $1 or $2. She apologized and said marketing was in the process of changing the prices and there was nothing she could do to fix it. I told her it didn't make for a very good first experience, but I understood.
Fast forward a few hours later. I open my email and apparently my original email that gave me the error message went through and someone had replied to me saying I was mistaken because the ad on the home page now said $1.25 and $2.25 for buy it/ try it products. I replied that I had already spoken to someone and I didn't appreciate being treated like I was reading things wrong and that there were at least two more ad spots on their site that still said $1 and $2. The answer I got was basically an apology for answering my email since I had already been handled and that she'd let marketing know about the discrepancy. There is still currently at least one spot on their site that has the incorrect pricing. I ended up placing a significantly smaller order because there were two items that were priced significantly lower than anywhere else I found. That is the only reason I gave them two stars. Most products were exactly the same as $#*! blick's website so I placed the majority of my order with them and even for small price increases, I would choose to shop somewhere else in the future.

joa1621
12/14/17

Very, very bad customer service. I ordered six floater frames online and received three incorrect sized floater frames and three correct sized floater frames. I also ordered three wood panels at the same time and they all arrive in the correct size, but some of the corners were blunted, and chipped a little bit. However, I kept the panels, but could not use the incorrect sized floater frames. I called back the next day and was put on hold and had to listen to the recording for a long time, but finally got through to a customer service guy and explained in detail what I ordered (I gave him the order number, etc.) and what I received instead. He said he would send me the correct frames and I could return the incorrect frames in the same box with the provided return label. So far, just one evenings work ruined because I didn't have the correct materials -- but here is the unbelievable part. He sent me an invoice for the new stuff he was sending me (no charge) but he sent me three wood panels instead of the frames!! I never mentioned the wood panels during the entire conversation with this person -- I am infuriated and will never, never, use these idiots again as long as I live. Please God no don't let me ever go there. To say that my day has been ruined is an understatement. I have a show and now who knows when I'll get this straightened out with these people.

athenag4
8/29/17

I had purchased an e-gift card for a friend over the weekend, but she never received it after several hours. Unfortunately customer service was closed by the time I contacted on Saturday night, and I was not feeling very hopeful about getting the issue resolved quickly. I sent a message on the website to their customer service, and left a voicemail. Both were responded to by Monday morning. They worked with me to send the card to another email for the recipient, and it arrived to her within minutes of the customer service rep telling me it had been sent! I was not optimistic because of the reviews here, but I felt I should come back and share my positive experience, and let everyone know that they can resolve your issue fairly quickly. And if it happens over the weekend, it might take a little extra time, but they were very responsive in helping me resolve this problem.

donaldm100
6/15/17

I can't say enough good about this art supply company-they ship quickly and pack well-this is a great place for those who teach art classes as I do-quantity discounts are amazing and they have frequent special sales promotions-I have talked to their people on the phone in case of a problem-they are terrific-they have almost everything in art supplies-the website is easy to search if you remember its HUGE-I love them and to me they are far above $#*! Blick and others-hard to beat Jerry's prices and service

enildav
6/5/17

I would strongly recommend Cheap Joe's over Jerry's Artarama. This is why:

*the website is slow and even if you delete a product don't assume it's been deleted at checkout. Returns are very costly

*i ordered linen canvases and received the wrong ones. The packages were badly damaged. They will not accept online returns at the stores; yet charge you for return postage. For instance a $26 purchase costs $19 to return! Bull$#*!!

*A 1 1/2" linen canvas is $42.00 in the store; online it is $16. Same item!

They do not apply discount codes for exchanges and you are paying full current price for exchange. You also pay return postage which can cost more than the product

I strongly urge artists to go elsewhere to buy supplies. Until financial pressure is put on this business they will continue to put the customer last

davidh494
4/18/17

Web site was clunky, I ended up ordering an item that I did not want, and when I removed it from my cart, it did not work. I already had the item.

I sent an email 15 minutes after the order, no one responded.

I called during business hours and no one picked up.

Someone finally responded AFTER I posted an online review on their site. They blocked my review because it was critical of my customer service experience. By that time, the product had shipped.

How reasonable is this? I would say -- not at all.

johnd729
2/27/17

UPS left gallon of varnish in front of office overnight after hours. It froze and burst. They referred me to Jerry's to get it reshipped. Jerry's wouldn't unless I opened the gooey box and took a picture of the damaged container. By then, the box was in the dumpster. I've been tolerant of their excessive delays in shipping for years but this is the last straw. Never again. Order Number: J85HF0

tracieh9
2/26/17

Just going to leave a review about how long shipping is taking for my order and I see there are tons of bad reviews from people about the same thing. What a shame - used to be a good company. This is my last order.

kathryno13
8/5/16

they gave me credit for the tape, all is good now. delite my first review. brought tape some place else.

Questions? Get answers from the Jerry's Artarama‎ staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Jerry's Artarama‎