Review of J.Crew

contactus@jcrew.com
2018 Customer choice award

anjat2
5/25/19

Found what I was looking for. Nice collection of shirts, will be shopping again from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandyh251
4/30/19

Gift Card - my sister gave me a e-gift card from J Crew. There was no number on the e-gift card - when I called customer service, the rep said to write it down and keep it safe - could not believe what I was hearing.
Went to the store and the store clerk ordered me a dress online. Two hours later I went on line to check and see if my order was processed and realized they did have the color I wanted so I called the store and they told me to call customer service. I did. The rep said the order was processed but she could cancel and reorder the dress in dress in the color I wanted with no cost to me but the end of call she wanted to know which card should she charge. I asked to speak to a manager who hung up on me. As I tracked this order that I placed on the 26th, it processed on the 30th and was scheduled to arrive on the 6th! They had enough time to make a simple change but would not accommodate me.Called customer service again today to get the CEO's name.Incredible that they are so backward in their technology ...no more JCrew for me.

fadih1
4/6/19

Giving 1 star because there is no ZERO star.
Never order online and pick up at JCrew store because they will not ship it to the store. I ordered a sweatshirt online and paid for it and chose to pick it up at JCrew store. Online order said it takes 1 week. I called after 1 week and the lady (online order) said it's ready for pick up. I drove 45 mins to JCrew store to find out the sweatshirt was never shipped. The saleswoman at JCrew store said I have to cancel your order because online did not ship your sweatshirt. What a
SUPER DUPER BAD service online and at the store, and waste of my time.

emw9
3/2/19

If you were to look in my closet right now, you would see JCrew all over the place. I have bought their clothes for work (and some play!) for about 8 years, not to mention the years I wore them in high school and college! I spend a lot there...Around $3K a year. Over the years, I have continued to shop there because their clothes suit my needs and their customer service has been great. Recently, both have become an issue and this longtime fan will no longer shop there. Cashmere sweaters are pilling in a few wears. Shirts are tearing in one wash. I wrote in with feedback and got a very cold response. The final straw came a month ago. I went in to return a pair of jeans-- note: this is the exact same pair of jeans that i currently own and fit great, but this one is completely different, speaking to quality control issues. I tried to return it at 32 days, notably, 2 days past their return policy, but I explained that I was flexible to take whatever the current price was or store credit. I was given a snooty response that there was no way and the policy was on the receipt. Nothing they could do. I tried to return the jeans again today just to see if the response would be different... The old JCrew would turn in their graves. So disappointing.

bobba
1/1/19

Made the error of ordering online. Small package - 2 pairs of slippers. J. Crew very slow to ship - 2.5 weeks for an item that was "on sale," with limited size / color selection, so apparently clearing existing inventory. But OK, wasn't in a big hurry.

But they delay pushed the projected delivery date, 12/17, into a 3-day business trip 12/17-19, and I didn't want the package sitting on my porch for 3 days. So I redirected it to a UPS "Access Point." Paid UPS $5.00 for the privilege, but what the heck.

I get a message - "Delivered to the Access Point, 12/17." All is well. I get a message the next day - "Returned to Shipper, 12/18. WT[letter generally understood to indicate a bad word]? What good is a pick-up point that holds a package for 24 hours??? It's supposed to be available for 7 DAYS!!!

At this point, except for the slow shipping, no problem with J. Crew. I call UPS. "Yeah. Huh? How about that, they sent it right back. Well, you'll have to work with the shipper, now, it's out of our hands." Well, it wasn't, actually, it was in one of their trucks headed in the wrong direction, but apparently turning it around was beyond UPS's ability.

Then comes the horror of dealing with J. Screw-up Customer Disservice. E-mails, phone calls, nothing worked. Could barely get a response, let alone any help. Finally, on 12/27, I get an E-mail -- "Best news ever: Your order has arrived!" The literal title of the e-mail. I went back to the UPS Tracking #, and sure enough, it had arrived and been signed for . . . AT J. CREW. The Customer Service [word for a person of low intellectual ability] could not tell a return to his own employer from a delivery to a customer (several states and >2,000 miles apart, BTW).

More calls to J. Crew. More run-around from people who obviously could not retrieve basic information about their own orders and shipping. FINALLY reached a guy who seemed both competent and willing to help. But at this point, 26 days after my order and with my package back on the wrong side of the country, I decided J. Crew had had it's one and only turn at bat. The helpful man agreed to a full refund, I ordered an equivalent product from Amazon, and I expect it via free Prime 2-day shipping tomorrow.

Meanwhile, some OTHER [another word for a person of low intellectual ability] at J. Crew finally got around to responding to an earlier e-mail, obviously completely unaware of the refund / cancellation, and offered free overnight shipping to get the package back to me. That would have been either 29 or 30 days after I placed the order, and it MIGHT have gotten here on the same day as the Amazon order I placed yesterday. Mind you, the offer was only for free SHIPPING -- I was still going to be charged the full cost of the order, after all the crap they had put me through.

HORRIBLE, INCOMPETENT, UNCARING customer service. Never again. If they were all as helpful as the LAST guy I spoke to, they might be OK. But obviously their staffing is such that you have to kiss half a dozen frogs before you find a Prince, and I have never had that kid of FAIL with Amazon.

(As a side note, during the time all this was going on, I got 15 SPAM e-mails from J. Crew trying to entice me into buying more of their junk. Obviously no hold-up with the selling, just with actual customer service.)

georgiav3
12/13/18

Took over a week to respond to my multiple emails. They overcharged me. People on chat would promise me something and not do it. Kept having to contact them and the totals I was charged are STILL wrong. Not to mention it took 2 WEEKS to get my order.

dennisem1
12/10/18

Placed a $641 order and had it confirmed 12/7/2018, along with the prices. Then got an email on 12/10 saying there were still items in my shopping bag, and at MUCH higher prices! Couldn't email from work. Called, was on hold with inane music for 50 minutes, and no notification as to how long the wait would be. "Savannah" finally answered and said the second email was a "mistake", to ignore it. When I spend good money I expect better service. Never again, J Crew!!!

sarahd307
12/10/18

Do not order from J Crew online. You might never see your order.

I placed an order on November 27th with the delivery date set for December 7th or earlier. I was charged about $200 on my card and received a confirmation email of the order. The confirmation order email said that I would be receiving a shipping email shortly after. After 2 weeks, I never received a shipping email and it is now December 10th and my order is still nowhere to be found. I called last Wednesday, December 5th and a customer service rep was very condescending towards me. He made me feel like I was being crazy and dumb for calling to ask about my order. He said it would still arrive by Friday, December 7th (2 days away with no shipping confirmation still). I waited and it didn't come. Today, I have been on the phone/on hold for over 2 hours. The first time I waited for 45 minutes to speak with a girl who told me that she was being told to tell every customer that our orders would arrive in 2-3 business days. I explained that I would be going out of town at the end of the week for a few weeks and that if my order didn't actually arrive in this time then I needed a refund. She said she didn't really know when it would come but she would connect me with a department that actually tracks orders. I waited again for 5 minutes and then I was hung up on!
I called back and I have been on hold for 50 minutes now. I have also sent 4 emails over the last week to J Crew customer service and have not heard anything back.

This is absolutely atrocious service from the people I am speaking with on the phone and also J Crew itself. If you tell customers to order something and that they will have it by a certain date, then make sure they get it by that date. If issues come up (because issues do come up sometimes), then at least email me and let me know what is going on instead of making me spend hours trying to figure out what is going on with my order.

reneeb163
12/9/18

I placed an order on 3 October 2018 and the order did not arrive. After enquiring multiple times I was told the parcel had been lost and that I would be reimbursed in 10 business days. I have now had to follow up the reimbursement 4 times. It's 10 December 2018 and I have not been reimbursed and I have not received the order.

This was my first shopping experience with Jcrew and it has been the worst retail experience I have had - it is completely unsatisfactory.
To place an order which never arrives and then need to follow it up multiple times only to be told it is lost and then to need to chase up the reimbursement is embarrassing for Jcrew.

If Jcrew valued customers you would have re-sent me my original order free of charge and made the reimbursement immediately.

deborahr303
12/8/18

I ordered something 7 days ago. There is no information available on the status of my order. When I check online it just says "open." When I email the person J Crew says to email re orders I get no response. I have been on hold with the 800 number for 30 minutes so far. I find it hard to understand why a well established company cannot handle the basics of customer service. I would cancel my order--but, naturally, there is no way to do this online, by phone, or by email. I'll never order from J Crew again.

herbertr23
11/22/18

I am always very happy to go shopping or order from J.Crew. The variety is amazing and quality is top notch.

tinalouisel
8/14/18

Let me start by saying that I'm a dress girl who lives in the tropics. I love J. Crew because their size consistency is always spot-on and their fabrics are soft, comfortable and fabulous! Many of the dresses I have of theirs are timeless in style and have lasted many years. I'm always told that I have the best taste in clothes. I credit the quality of J. Crew for much of my amazing wardrobe.

martah22
7/10/18

What happened to J CREW? I hadnt ordered anything for a few years and boy, has the quality gone downhill!! Even the colors and styles are not so great anymore. I have been shopping J CREW well before they sold online. I still have an Oxford shirt from 20 yrs ago. I doubt the shirts I bought for this summer will last the season. Plus the boyfriend chinos fit really bad. I will no longer shop there. Very disappointed.

maryb769
4/19/18

JCrew Talls is cheating tall women by not adding extra length to torso anymore. Fabric quality has also gone down. Variety of styles has also decreased.

amyb124
2/13/18

To be honest I only shop the sale section of their website. They have had some issues with sizing and quality over the past few years but I am very happy with the items I buy on sale. I love the reviews on their site and never buy with out reading them. Shipping is not super fast but still acceptable. I don't have a store in my area to return items but never have any problem returning via mail.

emilym163
12/27/17

Good sales and customer service experience. However quality is rather poor. Avoid black pants or you will be cursed with lint. Returned those items.

philipw44
12/26/17

J. Crew used to be a mainstay in American goods, gorgeous streamlined wearables now are a bit shoddy and cheap. Again, companies outsourcing to factories where the 'fast fashion' churn out is effecting quality and thereby met with sizing issues and cheaper materials and low quality garments. Some basics are still ok, it's hit and miss. Online the customer service is pretty much non-existent. Wait for sales of certain products, coupon codes and such, if you are a fan of the J. Crew brand.

amelleel
10/26/17

I always feel comfortable and put-together in J Crew, so I seem to have at least one J Crew piece on every day. My go-to label. Never wears out either.

kellyn45
10/19/17

I have a lot of J Crew stuff. Their stuff is a little more expensive but the quality is totally worth it. Clothes still like new after over 10 washes. Going back to buy more stuff from them soon :)

aestheter
10/16/17

JCrew is definitely improving its wares again! I feel very satisfied shopping there. Their silks, especially, are ever so elegant.

vs61
8/27/17

J Crew demonstrates that they are not capable to handle their business appropriately, and instead they think they can treat the clients according to what they cannot manage.
They are not ready to meet the needs of what they want to sell, drag your orders online and after a long wait cancel your order without consulting you. How much of the above shows the class they claim?

nataliiap
2/20/17

I can't imagine how anyone can order anything at China website. Prices are rediculous. They are already higher than on other J.C. websites plus taxes, customs fees etc. I understand, most of networks consider taxes as a customer responsibility which is fine with me. I don't understand how other networks have way lower taxes for China (e.g. outnet.com) or pay taxes themselves (e.g. raffaello-network) . Upon check in the final price is almost double. No promotion for China usually. Things of 2 years ago collection are still on sale for the same prices...Apparantly, J.C. Is not interested 8n this country.

christend
2/8/17

Love JCrew since it began as a catalog in early 1980's. The quality is not at all what it used to be, but the customer service is excellent if you have a credit card from them! Otherwise it depends on manager of store! Overall still good company, I'm rooting for them to come back from the ashes!

franh12
1/17/17

I went to purchase the Italian Cashmere Wrap this morning from jcrew.com because I saw on the item page that it was 50% off with a promo code. When I put the item in my shopping cart, it said that this item wasn't included in the promo (even though it very clearly stated otherwise on the item page). So I called the customer service phone number and was told that she couldn't honor the promo without seeing what I was seeing. Her recommendation was to email contact@jcrew.com with a screenshot of what I was seeing. I did this and realized hours later that she had given me the wrong email address. So I sent a new email to help@jcrew.com with the same content. I never heard back from either email and when I went to look on the site again this afternoon, the item was sold out. So not only did I not get the item, but I still haven't heard back from customer support yet...and the customer support rep that I spoke with on the phone was of no help and gave me incorrect information. I am beyond livid. I will never be shopping at jcrew again. Their products have gone downhill in terms of quality and now their customer service is down the drain too. I am completely dissatisfied and unhappy.

lindap174
12/16/16

I always call my order in as it's easier than on-line ordering. The operators are helpful, polite and make ordering very easy. They also send special offers to your e-mail. Their products are well made and last a long time.

62 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Forget it. Customer service is an oxymoron at J. Crew. I had a complete nightmare running over more than a week trying to trace a delivery problem with a single order. Finally had to just cancel and buy from Amazon. Don't make the same mistake I did!

By Bobb A.

Questions? Get answers from the J.Crew staff and other customers.

J.Crew?