Review of JCPenney

2018 Customer choice award

48 reviews with 4 stars

kassandram1
10/17/18

Recently we got my daughters portriats done at jcpenny. They were great. I ordered portraits there at the store then decided I needed a few more so was able to use the codes they provided to get more ordered at the same price online. I saved money by adding 2 additional pages then if I would have bought the 4 I wanted as extra.
The customer service was exceptional during our shoot. The photographer took the time to ensure we were happy with the different poses. She added extra props to make the event more special. The quality was great. I couldn't be happier.

maryj561
9/10/18

I don't buy a lot from JCPenney.com, but I have almost always been pleased with the items bought. I prefer to buy from a local Penney's, but selection is sometimes limited. I used this site to buy petite clothing for my mother, and the fit and quality was very good. I recently bought some nightshirts that turned out to be longer than I expected, but they fit well and are a good quality fabric. One item, however, was not at all what I expected, and the return 3 days later was super easy.
One option I really like is to have my online purchase shipped to a local Penney's store for me to pick up. I live in a semi-rural area and my mailbox is not secure for packages. Pickup from the store means I don't worry about misdelivery or theft. I think this option might be good for anyone who works and isn't home when the mail is delivered.

williamb327
11/24/17

Bianca was our salesperson on our purchase of two Sterns & Foster mattress sets.

She had the product knowledge and very helpful in insuring we were get the best product for our needs. She was not in any hurry to make a sale but had our best interest at heart.

I have been to all the so called mattress stores here in Naples, Fl. but they could not compare with Bianca service and pricing.

If you want service and selection on bedding go to JCP in Naples, Fl and see Bianca.

Bill & Connie Bishop

jamieg61
11/3/17

Website is easy to navigate; large selection of products, return policy is great, store pick up is a convenience. Delivery and shipping is affordable ad fast.

sherrym68
10/18/17

Love the instant coupons on the website . Was fast shipping . No problems . Could navigate a bit easier .

db152
7/27/17

I ordered 11 clothing items online. It took about 3 weeks for my order to ship which I found very long in today's online shopping environment. About 6 were great and a great value. Five were sort of cheap and I returned them to the local store with no problems. I will order again.

antoxak
4/10/17

There's a few clothing items that in retail dont get carried all the time, bali bras and Mixit tights (yes I know they are for juniors but they fit still lol). Anyways it's easy to get stuff there.

tamelar1
2/14/17

Love penny's but they put you through a lot to use those 10.00 coupons which they don't send them in the mail anymore up your game some customers do notice change

Tamela Rosser

trishac15
1/5/17

JCP was always my choice to order clothing on line. No matter where we lived, they would ship it to me.

clauded16
12/15/16

Good and getting better!

nk60
9/10/16

I really appreciate a good return policy as a busy working mom I cannot always return things in 30 or 90 days. They have a wide choice of colors for towels at good prices.

nancyf42
9/10/16

We used to enjoy shopping there. Great people who were helpful and knew their area. We could always find someone to help. Now that is not so much in the store but still great help online.

bettyr22
9/1/16

But they are not quite as good as they use to be. When I order on line, my order come in with 3 different times and I had to make 3 trips to pick up. I was going to wait until they all got there but they threaten if I didn't pick it up in 3 days they would send it back. That was after the first one came.

bethz6
8/23/16

Thanks a lot, Just save $13 by spending $192. Perfect coupon at this time.

melissaf44
7/26/16

The best quality for the best price.

ethela10
7/5/16

Easy Returns

dumkunsd
5/21/16

Super klass

rickb64
4/3/16

Not big enough discounts on many sales

ceydorshippingc
3/30/16

JCPenney use to be my favourite online store but I found recently they have drop in the quality of their clothing. I use to buy 3 to 4 dresses in one buy but now I can hardly find one. I still shop there for underwear for my husband as I find the prices are very reasonable.

aliceb59
3/16/16

Good prices, nice clotes. A good place to shop

nancym62
2/21/16

I order from JCP every now and then because of they offer tall sizes and women's size 11 shoes not usually carried in stores.
Service is generally fast, online and texted coupons readily available and often, reduced rates on shipping. If you have your order shipped to your local JCP, shipping is free. I often chose that option if I'd otherwise have a shipping charge as my store is close to my home and work.
I have given 4 stars vs. 5 because of service received at my local store if I do have things shipped there or if I need to return something. While this has nothing to do with the website, it does affect the overall experience. My local store's customer service area has been downsized tremendously. It is not uncommon to have to wait for a long time to get someone to come to the customer service area if help is needed. I've often had to ask a floor clerk to call for assistance. Once someone does arrive, service is generally quick. I appreciate that things can still be returned more than 30 days after purchase.
The website itself seems out-of-date to me for some reason. I guess I just don't really like the way things are shown. Some items only have a picture of one view. At times, I have tried to add something to my cart only to find it was no longer available even though still pictured. I do appreciate the customer reviews available on many items.
If you can't find what you need at the local store, chances are, it will be on the website.

shirleyb57
2/12/16

stuff is pretty expensive..

shannonc48
2/9/16

I like shopping here, because they usually have a good selection of clothing, and they are not outrageously priced. I like that there is usually a sale going on for what I am there to purchase, anyway. Their clothing is current with the latest fashions. The few times I have had to return something, it was always easy and the sales people have always been helpful and nice.

janicef9
1/18/16

I shop online as I live in Australia.
The choice and quality of clothing is great.
I couldn't find fault with their shipping cost. Thank you JCPenney.

mewzar
1/6/16

I like jcpenny sometimes you can find really good and cheap stuff here just need to have a keen eye, but i mean the quality does suffer though.

I believe that there is a policy related to coupons. The clerk did look up your. Credit card. If you had been shopping at a grocery without your coupon it would have been the same. It is nice that at times they have made an exception for you which was good customer service on their part. Perhaps you had a new clerk that was still training or very busy. You should not blame the store for one instance with one employee. You also should not expect special treatment just because someone has bent the rules in the past.

By Shirley M.

Questions? Get answers from the JCPenney staff and other customers.

2 Photos for JCPenney