Review of JCPenney

2018 Customer choice award

19 reviews with 3 stars

lorib108
12/27/17

The clothing is over priced but when they have there sale we shop.Especially after Christmas and hollidays

carlam50
5/20/17

Waited patiently for my order after three weeks I called they said it was shipped. Waited another week nothing, called 48 minute wait to talk to someone, following day 18 minute wait finally got to talk to a real person can't find anything about my order I wanted to ask her a question and she hung up on me. No wonder their stores are closing. NEVER AGAIN!

orlandoc29
3/7/17

es ms somenos no tienes mucha exeriencia que digamos no tienes sera que tienes que practicarlo un poco mas mas mas

adelitav
3/1/17

I went to their website to buy a dress. I don't shop online often. I hate returning things! I looked at their size guide, chose my measurements and purchased a dress according to their size chart. The dress looked nice on that cute little model.
The dress I got was very good quality. But it didn't look half as good on me as it did in the picture. It hangs everywhere! That's odd because I'm large breasted. It's way longer than in the picture. That's odd because I'm tall.
It's kinda nostalgic when I think about it. My mom used to buy me all my super conservative, oversized clothes from JCPenny.

anonam
10/8/16

Penney's used to sell average, decent fashion. I never go there anymore because the clothes are poorly designed and made. The clothes are usually made from cheap feeling and looking fabric.
Just go to Walmart and save some money.

stephanyt
9/17/16

JCPenney is a company that is generally expensive. Sometimes I am able to walk in and find deals that I like, but that is not often. Once I heard about a deal about towels for a penny. I went in all excited and turns out that that JCPenney location does not sell bath towels. Biggest waste of time of my life.

geralds51
8/31/16

People still shop at these places?

juliec110
8/22/16

I live an hour away from my nearest JCP (our local store closed many years ago). A family member sends JCP gift cards ($15) for us for Christmas. I went online to find something (anything!) in the way of clothes for my daughter & cannot find much of anything for a child's 14-16!! I then tried a Jr. Small & STILL could not find anything with a reasonable price & size! I finally found some leggings (2 pairs) for her. I had an online coupon to help with the price, but then I had to pay $8 for S&H (really--$8 for a flimsy pieces of clothing that could be sent in an average size manilla envelope, & that was the LOWEST amount for S&H; if I was willing to drive 60 miles to the closest JCP, then I could have free in-store delivery, but then I'd have to drive 60 miles back home & I did not want to do a 120-mile round-trip just to pick up 1 pair of leggings). I had ordered 2 pairs originally, but received only 1 pair. It turns out that something went screwy when I had ordered--it had not accepted a credit card that I had used to make up the difference after the gift card was deducted. I had to re-order the 2nd pair (in order to use up the rest of the gift card). So many problems with ordering online (I have had other issues with other orders). When I went in to the store a few months after this online fiasco (again, to get clothes for my daughter), we had a hard time finding clothes in her size, but we did eventually.

JCP Corp. needs to realize that not everybody lives within a reasonable distance to their stores ("reasonable" meaning 20 miles or less) & they need to offer lower S&H or at least offer some kind of deals (other than "free S&H when one buys $50, $75, etc."), not to mention they need to have a better stock on hand for online purchases. I used to love JCP. Now, I only go there if my relative sends me a gift card, which is pretty much useless these days. (And JCP wonders why their company is tanking?? The founder, J. C. Penney, is probably spinning in his grave, knowing that his company is tanking big-time!!)

robertom29
5/24/16

So disappointed to see the stores so dark and low ceilings and surly employees. I love the Arizona brand, but your prices are way too high.

kathyh71
4/1/16

I can find satin sheets for my dad

kevint47
2/21/16

JC PENNY CO.....we all love this place only the company seems to hate itself. There is no store in america with better product lines. HUNT CLUB is amzaing as are lines such as City Streets & Lee Wright. It goes on and on.

We loved Pennys so much that several family members actually decided to work there, and my mother who worked at the outlet store outside of atlanta mainly did so to shop as she worked the stock. I was surprised she even had a paycheck the way she bought clothes there.

Another thing is Pennys clothes LAST. This winter I was sporting my great and stylish Hunt Club coat from circa 1990! I added a wool scarf from Pennys circa same era. Both brought compliments.

The reason I gave them a low mark is basically its a MIDDLE MARK. And thats where it lands when you factor in my own like and loyalty with all the corporate sabotage the admin is doing to this beloved institution.

Product wise they are solidly a 5. Finding a local store anymore a 1. Finding an outlet store anymore a 0 = they dont exist. Expecting this store chain to see another decade a 1. Knowing that this store stands in a class all by itself a 5. Wanting this store to come back a 5. Stopping the catalogue 1. Going to all online a 2. LIKING ALL MY JC PENNYS CLOTHES....5.

I even have a JC Penny garden tiller from 1992 and its still in great shape. If this company can make up its mind and actually decide to see the vision of a certain JAMES CASH PENNY....they would realize that this same man in his own lifetime went up against the likes of Sam Walton for several decades in the 50s & 60s.....and won hands down.

THATS RIGHT> PENNYS ORIGINALLY BEAT WALMART ALMOST TO EXTINCTION AT ONE POINT. WOW that to happen again would be sooo grand.

-kevin

mzzt
2/18/16

Ordered a lot of items from J C Penney online.. Not only did I not get my items, they kept charging me over and over. Wasn't a good experience, and I will not shop their online store for any other sales

jerrys50
4/21/15

It's always worth your time to check it out.

mjt1
3/30/15

Stuff happens, right? Well, if you order something from JcP online & have it shipped to the store, you better have great availability to pick it up - OR THEY WILL SEND IT BACK WITHOUT CONTACTING YOU. Have had this happen twice - I paid for item & had shipped to store. Went to pick up about 2 weeks later & they already sent it back. BAD DEAL JcP! Kohl's offers FREE SHIPPING TO THE HOUSE IF YOU ORDER IN THE STORE - try that option!

pepperb1
3/3/15

I am finding they don't have the selection like they used to have

debbiem35
2/4/15

I love the quality of the merchandise I have purchased over the years I have shopped with them . I really like the online shopping you can get great deals from there clearance dept. My only issue with them is that they canceled my penneys charge . I always paid it off every month when the bill came in and there was never a time it was late. That's why I rated them the way I did .

marieh34
1/14/15

They don't always have what I'm looking for.

walterd1
8/8/12

A little hard to navigate and find what it is you are looking for, but they sure do have a lot of stuff! Over all it was pretty good

patriciag10
6/12/12

I've been shopping at Penney's since I was swaddled...lifelong customer.
Was especially beloved in the 80's when buying school clothing, and I still miss the Big Book and holiday catalog. OK, yes, we all shop online now...
I thought the outrage over their new 'everyday pricing' was a bit silly, if the prices would be as good as what anyone could manage with a coupon.
What I've noticed since the change is : NO MORE OUTLET (bummer) and the online inventory - where did it go? There isn't half what they used to have...click on an item, and it is only available in one or two sizes instead of the full range. If only a few things, no big deal...but while trying to select something for either myself or my daughter - I couldn't. Nothing I wanted was in my size or hers. She's a kiddo 7-8, and I'm a Medium. Geesh.

I hope this situation improves, because I've always appreciated the sort of things I could purchase from Penney's at a reasonable price, knowing I COULD purchase it from Penney's...now, not so much.

I believe that there is a policy related to coupons. The clerk did look up your. Credit card. If you had been shopping at a grocery without your coupon it would have been the same. It is nice that at times they have made an exception for you which was good customer service on their part. Perhaps you had a new clerk that was still training or very busy. You should not blame the store for one instance with one employee. You also should not expect special treatment just because someone has bent the rules in the past.

By Shirley M.

Questions? Get answers from the JCPenney staff and other customers.

2 Photos for JCPenney