JAP Cozy

JAP Cozy has a consumer rating of 1.98 stars from 46 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. JAP Cozy also ranks 292nd among Home Decor sites. The most common issues with JAP Cozy are around shipping times, which tend to take longer than expected by some customers.

• It just doesn't feel "handmade,"and, at just 3 pounds, is extremely lightweight for a three layer quilt.

• I ordered a queen size blanket for my bed and it barely fits a double bed.
How would you rate JAP Cozy?

“A good buy if you don't have unrealistic expectations.”

Dean P.
6/3/19

In reading other reviews, it appears some customers were expecting a 'family heirloom' quality quilt, which they are not. But they ARE creative, they make good throws or something to cuddle up under in your easy chair with. The designs are cute and they offer such a wide variety of subjects for the quilts that I have ordered specific designs for specific people in my family, and I'm proud to give them as gifts. These are good products. I recommend JapCozy for relatively inexpensive gifts...and I gifted MYSELF with one too!

“more than expected”

Karol W.
1/3/20

I have ordered 4 quilts from them. Correct, not high quality or quilting. That's okay. But on the 5th quilt, there was EXTRA printing, not what I was expecting. So, approx. 18 emails later, I'm stuck with it. They had me take a picture so they could see the issue. I could mail it back, at my expense and they would replace it, shipping again on me. It's amazing how you get a ton of emails while in the making and then who knows where they are afterwards.

quilt (32) queen size (5)
karolw8
January 3rd, 2020
leeh223
March 14th, 2019
do not purchase these cheap crappy quilts, you will get crap..or nothing. ALL the art they use are images stolen from artists . They constantly steal mine!!! It is based in Vietnam or China and make their money stealing from others. And FACEBOOK allows their business pages to stay published, thats how they 'push' these quilts. Sickening!
deanp82
June 3rd, 2019
raye65
May 7th, 2019
I have used moving pads from u-haul trucks that were thicker than this quilt........ Please do not be duped it is not patched together as insinuated. It is a front and a back with a sewn on border. It should be advertised as real big wall hanging..... It was not incredibly expensive but being of Irish descent when I received my Gaelic symbol quilt and saw it will one piece Not individual pieces I lost my mind don't waste your money...... Look closely at my picture you can see the front and the back..... You can also see there is no individual sections sewn together it as a ridiculous S stitch throughout the whole quilt...... I'm ready to dawn my kilt and grab a sword I'm furious
susank552
May 9th, 2019
For the price I knew it wouldn't be a thick quilt, but I was disappointed mainly in the stitching. Mine has a section where six inches of the stitching was missed completely. No way this was hand stitched, but the colors and printing aren't too bad. I guess I should be happy that I received anything at all according to some complaints.
garyz31
April 16th, 2019
Buyer beware. These guys illegally appropriate copyrighted works from artists and use those images to sell crappy blankets that barely qualify as "quilts". I've seen videos of these being manufactured, and all they do is use sub-part printing on a piece of fabric then sew it to another piece of fabric. There's nothing "quilted" about it. STOP BUYING CHEAP DROP-SHIPPED CRAP FROM CHINA.
janettew14
June 19th, 2019
Tru Hilton in Oklahoma City was the best Hotel I have stayed in, In a very long time, Clean fresh, friendly staff, the bed was super comfty, very quiet, Loved staying there.The breasfast was ok. the coffee was really good... I will stay there again if I visit again, The memorial is something very one should go and see, it very humbling experiience. other sight were wonderful as well.
vicm23
July 5th, 2019
I ordered and paid 80euros waited 4 weeks with lots of bogus emails saying all the stages it was going through. The image on the blanket are just blurs as they are so out of focus. You can't even make out what the images are. Also, it is paper thin, and not kingsize at all. The quality in the stitching is so poor, and it was not sent via dal as it states, and I paid for. The refund policy is to pay for return, and they will decide on the other end if they find our complaint valid. Even my dogs won't sleep on this piece of S**T. Furious.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from them unless you want to throw money down the drain.

julesl24
May 30th, 2019
Took 4 weeks to get to me. It fits my queen bed just but I wouldn't call it a quilt and it isn't patchwork or handmade. Would never have paid $100 for it!!
wb67
May 7th, 2019
Scam company! They are not in Japan. It shipped from China. Not a real a quilt. THIN!!! It's two pieces of cheap fabric with machined thread in a quilt-like design. The fabric design is blurry, not sharp lines, and the colors don't look at all like the ones in the picture of the website. It looks like something that the Dollar store would sell. Too expensive to ship back. Lesson learned!
mjd17
May 13th, 2019
Total piece of crap. Blurry image. Paper thin material. Over priced. Worth maybe $3.00. Difficult to deal with company. Paid $70.00 for fake quilt. Could of gotten a better blanket at the $5.00 and under shop.
karolw5
August 15th, 2019
I recently ordered a quilt for my husband. It's okay. Not the colors that was pictured, but do-able. So, I ordered three queen and one king for gifts. The queen sizes were okay. The king has extra printing on the front bottom right color. Dates?...measurements? Who knows. So, right away I sent a email of what I received, needless to say with no response. Finally I get a response, asking for a picture and order number. Did it. Of course, it's passed the time frame, but I will voice my opinion on that. Best part is when I get my response back, this is what it was -- "that it must have slipped by the quality control department. They will pass this along as to not have it happen again. But, I get 30% off my next order." I love that I had ordered enough of the 4 quilts that I got free S&H, but I will now have to pay for return shipping. So, my king size quilt has more than expected on the photo side. Look on the bright side, no extra charge to extra numbers.
lipl
March 19th, 2019
This is very soft light table lamp.price not expensive. Is subtaible put in dining room,bedroom.is easy to clean up and change the lamp bulb
rennof
March 21st, 2019
I was born in August, therefore I'm Lion in the zodiac. I've found these blankets recently and really liked this one. It took some time to arrive, but I got informed that they make these blankets by hand, and it takes time to craft the beautiful product I received.The blanket was really nice to the touch. Besides the fantastic design which looks even better in person, the quality was really, really high. Love it!
lindaf545
June 30th, 2019
NOW I find out they do not do returns unless there is damage, etc. And others say they never even got their items and no money back. The "quilts" look beautiful on the site and on advertising posts and they have a lot of good feedback but I should have looked further into the BAD feedback. THEY are very poor quality, not nearly big enough, not hand-crafted, not even brightly colored as they are in the pictures - very dull, faded look! The one I got to give as a gift is probably worth about 1/6 of what I paid - a big RIP-OFF!
clairissj
March 25th, 2019
We're coming from a family of police officers. Several generations had worn the badge, and the youngsters are all about it, traditionally. I ordered a police print to surprise my younger girl, and she was absolutely amazed by it. These quilts are amazing both in looks and feel. Simply said, they are top-notch quality. The print was so detailed & good-looking, I've had to email Hoshino & Takashi to thank them personally. After a few hours, I've got a personal response from them, and a small gift, without any reason whatsoever! I'm so happy. Thank you guys, keep on making these amazing quilts!
liisar
May 28th, 2019
Quilts are garbage! This place is a scam!! RIpoff!! Expensive and not even close to the proper size!! One was faded and looked used the other one had a huge flaw in the design and looks like crap. Paypal wouldn't resolve as the only resolution was to return to seller in China which would have cost me half again what I paid for the quilts with no garantee of getting my money back even after doing so as they say "return as it was when received" so I bet they will try to say they were fine and not pay me my money. SCAM!! BEWARE!! Notice the fold over flaw that distorts the printed image and it is over a foot short both ways from what I paid for. The other quilt has broken threads and looks used and is faded and again, no where near the size they said it would be, it barely goes across my bed with no drape. Useless garbage!
laurih10
June 10th, 2019
Never buy online without checking reviews. I wasted $80 on a gaudy, cheap "quilt" that I will not put on my bed. Doubt I will hear back about a refund since others have said this company is hard to deal with. Such a disappointment.
rachelm332
March 23rd, 2019
My grandson is crazy about bikes. He could talk about them all day. I've discovered these lovely blankets recently and decided to take the plunge and buy one to surprise my favorite youngster. It took a while to arrive, but it was so worth the wait. The blanket was super fine, made with attention to the details, and very high quality.My favorite little boy was so happy with it; he wouldn't fall asleep without his favorite new blanket!
blainel11
July 2nd, 2019
So the advertisement photos look so good, but the product is a major rip off. The thickness of this "so called" quilt is about like a light couch blanket you can get from Walmart for about 20 bucks. The colors are not as bright so I suspect they "push" their photos color saturation. I have attached a photo of ours. It is basically a printed cloth sew onto another grey piece of cloth. I don't think there is any real filling, just sewn areas that mimic a quilt. We ordered a king size and it does not even cover the top of our mattress. I also have a complaint about the 20 or so bogus emails they send saying they are working on it in different stages then of course near the end they have a "fake" delay saying they are going over the quality of the piece when in fact they are just stalling. This thing was shipped in a plastic bag that fit into our mail box. About the size of a bag of socks.
michelleb737
May 21st, 2019
My mother ordered ONE "quilt" and I use that word very loosely because it was the most PATHETIC excuse for a quilt that I have ever seen!!! They charged her over 100 each and sent 3 instead of one. All same pattern. It was NOT cotton. One thin piece of polyester on top attached to a bottom piece. Nothing handmade about this GARBAGE!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!
pennp1
April 20th, 2019
** Update - I just increased my rating now that I have washed the spread a few times. It stayed super soft and no threads came loose. The batting even puffed up a little. The back side color washed out a little bit, but very evenly, so appropriate for a new item as the front colors stayed strong. ** Please read whole review! My spread came quickly. It is exactly as pictured, perfectly sewn, in the right size. It just doesn't feel "handmade,"and, at just 3 pounds, is extremely lightweight for a three layer quilt.
The design is exactly as shown, in the correct size (California King 90 x 110). There are absolutely no loose threads or signs of missed stitches. My king sized spread or "quilt" weighs only 3 pounds so is super lightweight for a "quilt"!
Ordered April 3rd, Arrived April 20th. That sounds good but I kept getting emails about the stages of its manufacture well after it had been shipped. I think the seller tries to make these sound like they are custom made and individually overseen.
The description actually says "Handmade Item and Made To Order. Nothing about this bedspread is handmade or piecework. My spread is a single, large printed image (of smaller images giving the superficial perception that each square or border design is separately sewn) on material similar to a bed sheet, sewn to a solid color fabric of the same material, with extremely thin batting in the middle. All three layers are sewn together in a perfect repeat curved pattern that has nothing to do with the design printed on the face. The outside edge trim is equally simple machine sewing from the same back fabric. The final edge of the trim where it meets itself is left open, so definitely not hand finished. This has all the signs of a machine made, mass produced product whether the company prints and makes them at they are ordered or in batches doesn't change that. Maybe a person operates the machine so it counts as "handmade"?
My bill said MGALLERY COMPANY LIMITED, not JAPCOZY, so I closely monitored this purchase to make sure I wasn't getting scammed. With shipping my spread cost just under $82.
That all said, it is exactly as pictured, perfectly sewn, in the right size. It just doesn't feel or look like it was "handmade."
robertr834
June 7th, 2019
Mea culpa. Any "quilt" advertised at $50 or $60 is very likely not a real quilt. I should have guessed that before I ordered one from JAP Cozy. The one I saw advertised on a Facebook post looked pretty good and I took the bait. Yes, mea culpa. And then, after I ordered it, there was the incessant train of JAP Cozy emails informing me about each and every step master stichers were taking to create my quilt. Believe me, nothing masterful went into the creation of my "quilt". But, as they old adage goes, you get what you paid for -and, fortunately, I didn't pay that much. Live and learn.
christinek190
June 10th, 2019
I'm very disappointed in the quilt. And waited 3+ weeks for it to arrive. It is very thin and looks like it was a picture of a tree that was enlarged and has loss of detail then printed on the quilt. Like faded looking. It's definitely not worth $59. No way. It's going back regardless of the shipping. I would have put a picture, but the picture made it look better than it really looks!
reneew125
May 16th, 2019
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!! Dollar store knockoff poor quality piece of crap is what they sell. NOT A QUILT!!! It is a poorly printed design with no padding, very thin and rough material. They say 100% refund....and fighting with them to send it back and not getting anywhere. If I could I would rate them as -5 stars. BUYER BEWARE THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!!

Scam company. Go check out the complaints on PayPal. They use fake reviews to boost themselves.

By Me W.