Review of ISSUU

contact@issuu.com

5 reviews with 2 stars

courtneyh117
3/15/19

I have That Girl At The Party, an online Lifestyle site of 10 years and decided to add a monthly edition. I was thrilled with the Issuu concept and all my brand partners loved it. The problem came after my second edition. I need to be able to embed the Issuu reader into my site to promote the existence of the monthly. The embed code has not worked for a month now so the old edition is still on the site!

And I have been asking for help for a month now. I filled out tickets that just whirl and never submit, I have called and no one answers. I have emailed the support and heard nothing back! For a flipping month! I am paying for this service and likely will not be able to use it unless this is fixed! But no one is getting back or doing anything. It is such a shame because it is a beautiful platform and allows us to self publish. But it has to work and they need to hire customer service for subscribers.

I want to stay with Issuu for ease of use and promotion. But I may have to seek another option because they do not bother with any customer service which is a shame. It creates great magazines but if anything goes wrong in uploads or embeds you are just out of luck. But I am going to have to report them to the authorities and/or commence a class action, if I do not hear back after this review. Because they are taking people's money and not providing proper service. I

Tip for consumers: I want to stay with Issuu for ease of use and promotion. But I may have to seek another option because they do not bother with any customer service which is a shame. It creates great magazines but if anything goes wrong in uploads or embeds you are just out of luck.

tq7
3/24/17

Have noticed conflicting information about the ISSUU site. A "cottage" publisher (blogger) indicates on their page that their copyrighted "free" magazine that appears on ISSUU is available to visitors for FREE DOWNLOAD, without sign-in. However, when I tried to download the "free" magazine, the ISSUU system requires a log-in. Also, when visiting the ISSUE site from a vendor's link, the free magazine appears, but does not appear full screen. There appears to be lots of 'junk' advertising for issuu services crowding much of the page, without any immediately recognizable means of converting the magazine image to full screen. Who really wants to read a miniatures magazine in miniaturized format??? What irony! Anyway, trying to read the magazine on ISSUU doesn't quite seem worth the hassle.

francieh1
5/22/15

I love the idea of Issuu, but it just too unreliable, too unpredictable. Sometimes I can open a publication; sometimes I can't. When I click on "read", more often than not what comes up is just a blank screen. I'm very disappointed in it.

ah644
11/3/14

We have been paying customers of ISSUU for a number of years. ISSUU has a product that works quite well. It's great as long as you don't mind the fact that there is virtually no customer service and no communication between the business and its paying customers. There is NO phone customer service. The only contact is through email and a "normal" wait time to get a response is 72 hours. I recently asked a question and did not receive a response for seven days. Let's say there's a particular ISSUU service you have been using for quite some time. It's not uncommon to visit the ISSUU website and find that the service has gone away because the company simply decided to get rid of it. Without warning. Without any indication that the company was considering making a change.

sherift1
6/1/11

Absolute crap... updating takes forever.... if it actually works.. the site is way too buggy... I am not impressed at all. Yes, it does give your documents a great look.. but the admin side of it is ABSOLUTE S@#!!

Hi Jeanet. We do support a free plan. That is called our Basic plan. If you sign up for a trial of one of our PAID plans, there is a 14 day trial. But you will need to downgrade in order not to be charged prior to the 14th day. Do note, we do iterate in six different places when we would charge you for your paid subscription, including the exact date of the potential charge.

By Issuu I., ISSUU Representative

Hi Kim, I'm sorry if we haven't answered your question if you submitted a ticket to our queue. Happy to look into it if you can give us more detail including your user name. I can not find a recent ticket by searching just your first name and last initial.

By Issuu I., ISSUU Representative

There's no one to call. You have to email them. A response can take as long as a week. Yes, there is a charge. If you click on the publication to read it, you should see a "print" icon. Roll over it and you should see a dollar amount of whatever currency you are using. I've never tried it so I don't know what else is involved.

By A H.

It can take as long as 7 days to get a response from them. ISSUU is great as long as nothing goes wrong, and you have no questions about any of their services.

By A H.

Questions? Get answers from the ISSUU staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ISSUU