Review of Influenster

Tel: +1-917-210-2981

6 reviews with 2 stars

tonyam30
7/30/17

I've really wanted to like Influenster. The idea of getting complimentary products to honestly review is great, however it seems that it is getting harder to do just that. The chances of actually getting full sized quality products to review is getting further and harder to obtain. I have been an Influenster for some time now and had some products that I was excited about but mostly not. My main issue and the reason I went as far as reviewing here is that the reviews are biased. I am vegan and conscious of my impact. That being said I already know that products might not align with my values. I still try and accurately review the products and when necessary enlist a non vegan friend to try out for me. I've had some fairly recent products that I found that they were misleading in their ingredients. I stated that in my review and went as far as chatting with the company over this. I was disappointed that my honest review was not honored and was not able to be posted when I stated clearly why I wasn't a huge fan of the product and thus leaving a 3 star review and never named called cursed etc. I simply stated why I could not recommend due to x,y and z. I find it a waste of an Influenster's time if all they can do is rave about products no matter what and not be able to legitimately review a product. I hope this gets improved because I am a strong believer in basing my potential purchases on fellow reviewers input and will continue to do so in hopes of it not effecting my odds of continuing to Influence with Influenster.

mbl1
3/8/17

When I first saw marketing for Influenster, everything was about makeup, hair and face products. When I signed up and received my first VoxBox, I was so excited!! But immediately disappointed after finding French's fried onions, a bottle of Frank's Red Hot sauce and a few other food items. Definitely not what I was expecting! But hey, I'm a good sport and used everything in the box (even though I've tried everything before) and left reviews on it. Then, boom! here's my second box about 2 months later. Crossing my fingers I might get a lip balm or something, this go round it was little bags of chips, a tongue scraper, Febreze, coupons and some other little things I've already forgotten. Needless to say, I let my kids have a go at this stuff and ended up using the scraper to scrub some stuff off my bathroom sink. Not worth my time writing reviews on things I was never interested in to begin with. ALSO, I realized that MOST of the reviews on products (received in a VoxBox) had positive (some over the top) remarks, when in reality I knew better. So you pretty much cant trust the reviews on all of the products people received for free :-I I guess this is fine for people with crazy extra time on their hands and like writing reviews and advertising products for free (most of which you don't really care about, but might mean you'll get another box in the future). And for everyone's reference, I'm a 30 year old mom of two with all social accounts. Apparently, falling into a certain category means I only cook and clean and have no interest in my appearance....

speakingthetruthf
9/12/16

you have to earn badges, write a ton of reviews, create product lists, take surveys, link and bombard all your social media accounts(fb, twitter, vlogs, blogs, pinterest & take screenshots of all your activities) with their products and so far i've gotten ONE voxbox after doing all of that. It isn't worth your time. so much effort for a $9 product.

bettyb44
1/1/16

Sites like this are responsible for over inflated reviews that consumers think are true in turn making us, the consumer, waste our money based on fake reviews. Some people do say they received free products for review. I think a lot of reviews on websites are fake and anyone being paid (either with money or with free products) for giving reviews should have to state that in the review and I don't think they all do so. I only shop online and I make my decisions based on honest reviews not reviews that were paid for. I think this practice should be outlawed.

sarahw86
6/6/15

Yes, you get free stuff. But it's not really for your honest review. When you get a box, they ask you to do things for a "badge." But all of those things include things like "tweet how fierce you are with xyz product" or "tell your friends why you love abc product." Some are even "create a Pinterest board with xyz product." How is that asking for your opinion?! That's you giving the company free advertising! And most reviews are "I loved this product! Thanks influenster!" without any serious review of it (pros, cons, etc). I couldn't stand sharing some of the bad products with my friends so I didn't earn my badges. Oh well...

amandab62
1/12/15

I'm disgusted with influenster. I found this site when it first came out, and I told so many people about it I cannot even believe it. I am generally a happy person and if something is cool- I will talk to you about it. It is not cool. I dedicated hours reviewing my favorite things, including a detailed phone review that probably could have been used by the company itself and saved them from hiring a new employee. I'm not sounding too happy here- but the point is that if you want to dedicate your time to positively influence, make a blog! I wish I had typed everything on there instead of wishy washy sites like this. It is all the excitement of what you might get, very rarely do you get anything at all. Get a blog and maybe check out a subscription box. Best wishes

When you take the survey for being on the short list for the next campaign, if you are a good match for the upcoming box you will receive an email sometime after saying "You're in!". If you do not receive that email, it means you were not a good match for that particular campaign based on your answers.

By Amy M.

To receive a VoxBox, connect your social media accounts to increase the impact meter. Write reviews and earn badges for those honest reviews. You may receive an email saying you are on the short list for an upcoming VoxBox and are required to take a survey if you would like to participate. If your survey answers show you are a good match for that campaign you will receive an email saying "You're in!". After that you will receive the product(s) and you MUST complete the campaign actions, write reviews and take a survey at the end of the campaign. If you do not do these things, you will not qualify for another VoxBox. Influenster is not about getting free stuff, it is about Influensting your followers, friends and family. Sharing products with them with honest reviews.

By Amy M.

I'm 46 and NO, in almost a year I have NEVER gotten one.

By Heather F.

facebook sells information to data miners that pay money - so yes. And linking anything to facebook will increase the chances of this happening. Your account being hacked may or may not be because of linking. It's good to change your password every once in a while and to avoid putting everything on facebook.

By d s.
Questions? Get answers from the Influenster staff and other customers.

Influenster?