Review of IndianRoots

care@indianroots.com

3 reviews with 2 stars

seemas4
4/21/16

ordered one cotton dress from Astha & Siddharth at Indianroots. Though I live in Gurgaon, but still they are taking 21 days to deliver, while other sites like lime road are ready to deliver the same dress in 3-4 days.Wish I had ordered from lime road.

On top of thatI am trying to reach indianroots customer care for fast delivery, but phone no is not functional and no response to the mails I have written to them.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Seema,

Greetings from Indianroots!

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. we would like to share that, we do not have ready products available. Once you place the order then these products will be procured from our brands. We have also mentioned the shipping time on the product page under shipping info tab for your reference. However, we always try our utmost efforts to procure and ship the products on priority.

Also, we would request you to share the order number to help us prioritize the procurement of your order.

We are redesigning our customer service process to better meet your needs. While we clean up our systems and bring our services back up, in the meanwhile please contact us through email at care@indianroots.com

Regards,
Team Indianroots
zahram2
4/11/16

I thought I was getting a stitched blouse WITH the saree. The website wasn't clear on that obviously. It said "saree and blouse". That's it. Nothing else! It took about 2 weeks to get here because they wait around on shipping orders it seems. If you need something in advance, I would plan ahead if you absolutely need something from their store! Make sure the blouse is stitched (contact them first). When the blouse and saree arrived, there was a problem... my upper arms were slightly too big to be covered with the sleeve material. Oh, the sleeve material is so cheaply made that I tossed it aside due to worries of it getting holes in it while I'm at a wedding function. It's mesh material! There was nothing under the mesh to make it stronger. It was like this stuff came from China, not India and you can imagine how that goes! The saree wrap was okay. The top? Not so much. When I actually stitched it together myself, I noticed so much that went wrong that heaven forbid if I hired someone else to do the work, they would have gotten so frustrated with how the embroidery was done that they would probably A) mess it all up or B) rip me off really bad for the pain and torture they endured to stitch the top together. Mind you, the sleeve material isn't ample enough for my upper arms so that stuff was useless. If you wear a size medium or large women's shirt, the sleeves more than likely won't fit you.

I feel traumatized!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Zahra! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to share that, we have shipped the product post a quality check and as per the description mentioned on our web-shop.

Description on web-shop:
Fabric: Georgette
Type Of Work: Embroidered
Dimensions: (Saree- 5.50 meters,Blouse- 0.80 meters)
Product colour may slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources or your monitor settings. The stitched garment/blouse shown in the image is for presentation purpose only.

Further, we have shared your feedback with our concerned team and request you to please refer the description.
Please allow us 1 more change to serve you in future.

Regards,
Team Indianroots
aparnam
7/21/15

please be aware that they dont pay for VAT/DUTY CHARGES , FOR OVERSEAS SHIPING....

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Aparna!

We really appreciate your feedback however we would like to clarify that as per our shipping policy, customs and Vat are government taxes and differ from country to country according to the local rules & regulations. These are borne directly by the customer.
For more information, you can also visit our shipping policy page: http://www.indianroots.com/shipping/

Regards..
Team indianroots.com

Helpful answer -1

Namaskar Soumya! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We would like to inform you, that the VAT / Custom Duty / Local Taxes or Import Duties are borne directly by the customer at the time of delivery. These charges are non-governable and they differ in countries, as per the local rules & regulations of customs clearance authorities. We are not sending the products as gifts or samples and shipping the products completely through legal channels.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Mary! WE are sorry for the delay in the dispatch of your order. WE have escalated the issue to our concerned team, kindly allow us 3 business days to share the exact shipping date of your remaining products. Your patience is appreciated. Regards, Team Indianroots

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Kanthi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We have escalated the matter to the concerned manager, please allow us 24 hours to update you the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Sabitha, We sincerely regret for the delay in the dispatch of your order. We have escalated the matter to the concerned team, please allow us 2 business days to share the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Anees! We are sorry for the experience you had with us. Hope you have received a response on the review posted by you.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Ruchi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number so that it can be forwarded to the concerned manager for immediate action.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

I see you were totally ignored but the next person down got a pretty prompt response. Disgusting company

By Bee G.

Questions? Get answers from the IndianRoots staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IndianRoots