Review of IndianRoots

care@indianroots.com

114 reviews with 1 star

deyad
4/11/18

I have ordered one saree. It was going to take long time to ship. I canceled ans asked for refund. They used to reply that they are about to process every time I wrote to them. Then, they stopped replying. I have neither got the product nor refund! By seeing other reviews, I wonder how much money they made by fooling so many people!

ckc2
11/9/17

I ordered few items 3 months ago, I never received any items from them. When i emailed them to find out the status of shipment they never responded back to my email. I even tried to contact them on Facebook messenger but no response received.

Please do not order from this website.

shubhan9
10/26/17

I had placed an order in Feb,2017 and upon constant prodding, around May they inform me that they could not procure the order and would issue a refund which remains to be processed. I assumed they would due it in due course and went ahead and placed another order 3 weeks ago which seems to following the same fate as I have no response to my mails on the status of my order. This has been an extremely frustrating experience and am looking for some way to contact the company so I can get my money refunded but there is no contact number listed and all my emails are sent in vain.

reshmam2
8/12/17

I had ordered 2 duppattas 5 months ago total worth of $200 plus. Until a month back they kept on sending me apologetic emails for the delay. Now they are not responding to my emails. Looks like they have no intention of refunding my money back. They have no customer support number and no other way to contact them. Now I know why they are set up this way so that they can scam people. This company will not survive long on such ethics.

devyanid
8/12/17

Totally fraud site.. i placed only one order on this site on April 1st... & till now they are sending mails extending the delivery date and now its August'17 they have stopped replying to my mails.. and there is no customer care number of these cheats...
Please dont waste time on this fraud site... Complete cheaters &$@*#@^%

Tip for consumers: Dont waste time

inderjitc
8/10/17

I have become a victim of Indian roots , ordered 5 moth ago, every time false promises , now they have even stopped replying my email.For proof if Indian roots guys check this site, my order number 300052728 .

vishb1
8/9/17

I am not sure what changed. When they first launched I thought they were here for the long haul but appears that they have gone absconding now. All my previous orders were delivered correctly but the last order I placed in Feb for delivery in March - To date I have received 1 out of the 4 that I ordered (Order #300052605). Same polite messages I receive every month when asked for status. And now they have even stopped responding to emails sent to their care email id.

lilud
8/7/17

I have become a victim of Indian roots. They owe me $162 for items they have failed to provide. What can I do?
Nagma. London

cassandran4
7/30/17

Do not order from this company. You WILL NOT get your clothes or your refund. A very sad process of dishonesty and thievery covered in care and customer service. Wolves in sheep's clothing. I pray those in this company see of their ways, and turn from the darkness to the light of Jesus Christ who died for them. May they turn from these ways, and do what is right, before they close their eyes for the very last time and stand before their maker for judgement.

aditir3
7/28/17

I ordered a shirt in March. Till today I have no refund and no shirt. Standard polite messages are being issued to me from time to time but my money is not returned. Their phone is a fraud and so is their address. I wish you had a negative rating list. I would rate them -10.

renue
7/25/17

Placed an order.
They did not deliver.
No status or update information.
When I followed, they promise to refund, but never do.

shubhar1
7/5/17

I have previously bought from this site for a few years with no issues but a few months back I placed an order that could not be delivered in time for the event it was needed for. They agreed to cancel the order and issue a refund.
I have been waiting for 2 months for this refund and each week they claim it will be done within a few more days. It is a significant amount of money and even their Customer manager guaranteed it would be processed by the end of last month and now claims there are technical issues still.
How can an online retail website not have a phone number, or be able to process standard transactions for customers.
Is there any way us customers from abroad can get the assistance required in such a situation? This is ruining the reputation of trading with India and discoloring other trading sites. I no longer feel comfortable buying from anyone there anymore.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Shubha, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to help us assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.
rd97
6/21/17

We started selling on #Indiaroots in 2013 and executed good numbers of order, over a period of months when we did not get any payment. We started following up with their team Nehal Jain <Nehalj@ndtv.com>,Divya Kaushik <DivyaK@ndtv.com>,
Tanvi Singh <tanvis@ndtv.com> Shivender Singh Jamwal <Shivenderj@ndtv.com>Subrat Kumar <SubratK@ndtv.com>
but to the our surprise we got reply from these people that our payment is being delayed due to restructuring and they assured us that in month of march 2017 we will get all our payment. Since then we are getting every week a false assurance and new date from these people and still we haven't got our payment. We are following up with these people still we have no information. Cannot be contacted on phone or via mail.
Please if you are selling on indiaroots stop immediate else you will end up with the same situation and will regret selling on such Fraud Company.

#NDTV Ethnic Retail Ltd is fraud and unethical company. #NDTV has not done anything to improve the situation. They are still selling products on their portal and making their vendors fool.
#indianrootscom

sudeshnab
6/2/17

Atrocious business model, lousy helpline. All they have is an exquisite catalogue, period. They take orders accept the moneys, but do not deliver at all.Their helplines are unresponsive.3 months since I ordered 2× salwarsuits-no delivery andno refund till date. Guess they'll only respond to the consumer forum.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sudeshna, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to help us assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.
shrutiv2
5/30/17

Total fake and hopeless. I had placed an order, did not receive it in given timeline. So i cancelled it and its been 3 months i have not received my refund. Totally pissed off. Please don't waste your time and money.
_I_

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Shruti, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to help us assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority
mallikas
5/29/17

NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY FOR ORDER CLOTHES ONLINE.....TOOK MORE THAN 90 DAYS TO COMPLETE MY ORDER AND THEN ALSO DID NOT SHIP THEM. WHEN I ASKED THEM TO CANCEL MY ORDER AND GIVE ME A REFUND...THEY STILL ARE PROCASTINATING AND NOT ISSUING MY A REFUND....ALSO THERE IS ISSUE WHERE THEY ARE TRYING TO REUND ME LESS MONEY THAN WHAT I PAID FOR THE ORDER.
DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE TO DO A GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE FOR ME.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Mallika, We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to share that your refund has already been processed into your PayPal account. Kindly check with PayPal and acknowledge the receipt of the refund.

imaania
5/23/17

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I purchased a product last August and for the THIRD time it could not be procured. After a RIDICULOUS delivery period, I still didn't receive anything. I ordered something else with the credit that I had and again nothing for 3 months. I asked for a refund and have been chasing it for the last 2 months. They have standard, typed responses with zero customer service. NO CONTACT NUMBER. They are pinnacle of inefficiency and represent everything that you worry about when shopping online from an overseas company.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Imaani, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to help us assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.
supriyam2
5/9/17

I had placed an order (Invoice ID:300052743/ Receipt No: 4852-6673-9338-9520) but no sign of delivery yet.

I am disappointed by this lackadaisical attitude

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Supriya, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Your ordered products has the procurement timeline of 45 business days from the order date and we are expecting to receive the products from our brand in next 14 days. Once we receive the products from our brand, post quality check, your order will be dispatched and a confirmation email will be sent to you with tracking details and courier partner website link to track your shipment.
purbar
5/1/17

Too bad I saw these reviews after I placed the order. The site mentions 45 day delivery period but makes not attempt to adhere to it. Cannot be contacted on phone. Their response via mail and FB is far from prompt, And when the customer tired of waiting for the order wants to cancel, they refuse to do it.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Purba, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number to help us assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.
sandeepm9
3/24/17

HI , i have been supplying to indianroots for 2 years. last year i managed to get my payment after a delay of 8 months and that to after i went and sat at their office. yet again my payments are due for the last 5 months . they dont reply to mails or pick up calls. finally i have decided to not supply any more orders.these guys are going to close down if they act like this.

namratap
3/23/17

Around a year ago we connected with Indianroots.com (E-commerce venture by NDTV). Now we are not getting payments from them. The credit period as per agreement was 45 days, but its more than 7-8months now..I received my first order on 3rd day of launching my products on their website.. First they were not replying to our mails and phones. Then I called them repeatedly and then they told us to pay in 2nd week of October, but did not. Then they told 2nd week of January, but now they are saying 2nd week of March. They are not following agreement. They are just holding and using our funds. Even after being a big brand like NDTV, they are just cheating .Do not buy anything or sell anything on this fraud website. I checked on Google there are many sellers like me who are trying to get their payments.

geets
1/20/17

As a followup to my earlier reveiew..I am still awaiting my $40 in refund. Needless to say I never received the product. This issue has been going on since January. Every time I email them, I receive a template stating that they understand my concern, that the matter has been escalated to the concerned team, that it is reasonable for me to be upset, and that I will receive a refund in 4-5 business days. Then, NOTHING. Until, my next email and the whole cycle repeats. DO NOT BUY> FRAUD WEBSITE.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Geet, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share the order number to help us assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.
rajk61
1/4/17

Sorry but I do not have the time or patience left to be emailing you with order numbers to rectify this, you should already have the info!!!!!!!!!. Anyone new wanting to order from INDIAN ROOTS please don't you will be disappointed as you will not get your order or your refund. You won't even get an email, only when you chase them for orders do they reply to say it's delayed, then after 3 attempts they cancel the order, is stick to buying from U.K. Shops or actually going to India and getting it, much safer options !!!!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Raj, We are extremely sorry for the bitter experience you had with us. We would request you to please share the order number to assist you better and resolve the highlighted concern on priority.

shareenl
11/28/16

There are limited opportunities to purchase indian clothing, especially for special occasions, when living overseas (out of India) and most of us rely on online shops. Indianroots on face of it has a great variety of products available online. Initially, this business was functioning well. But all is not what it seems now. I have now had four orders cancelled (within the last 12 months) after months of waiting. At the time of online purchase, Indianroots showed products were available and will be supplied within 15 business days. After payment and waiting for the products in all my orders, the company has come back saying that the procurement is delayed - twice before eventually cancelling the order and refunding.
If buying for special occasions, I do not have any confidence that Indianroots will be able to supply on time. I am also dubious whether Indianroots actually has products available, even though online it says it is available - in Australia, this means being misleading and deceptive.
Practice caution if purchasing items from Indianroots, such as checking regularly that the order is being processed; and paying through a secure system such as paypal where disputes can be resolved independently.
I do question whether Indianroots keeps payment in its bank accounts while pretending to be processing the order for two or more months only to earn interest.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Shareen! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We are extremely apologetic for what you have experienced and feedback regarding the same has been shared with the concerned team to ensure that such issues will not occur in future.

rehanas
11/15/16

They don't deserve even a one star rating, but had to apply it as a requirement.
I have written several reviews about these frauds who owe me money for goods never delivered. Got several emails with their bogus Namates and greetings and finally said they would contact PayPal on my behalf to see what happened to my refund. And, now they are ignoring my queries.
DO NOT give this lot your business. Warn as many people as you can. They show fabulous pictures of clothing which they probably do not have access to. If you see any positive reviews - most likely written by them.

Helpful answer -1

Namaskar Soumya! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We would like to inform you, that the VAT / Custom Duty / Local Taxes or Import Duties are borne directly by the customer at the time of delivery. These charges are non-governable and they differ in countries, as per the local rules & regulations of customs clearance authorities. We are not sending the products as gifts or samples and shipping the products completely through legal channels.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Mary! WE are sorry for the delay in the dispatch of your order. WE have escalated the issue to our concerned team, kindly allow us 3 business days to share the exact shipping date of your remaining products. Your patience is appreciated. Regards, Team Indianroots

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Kanthi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We have escalated the matter to the concerned manager, please allow us 24 hours to update you the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Sabitha, We sincerely regret for the delay in the dispatch of your order. We have escalated the matter to the concerned team, please allow us 2 business days to share the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Anees! We are sorry for the experience you had with us. Hope you have received a response on the review posted by you.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Ruchi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number so that it can be forwarded to the concerned manager for immediate action.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

I see you were totally ignored but the next person down got a pretty prompt response. Disgusting company

By Bee G.

Questions? Get answers from the IndianRoots staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IndianRoots