Review of iHire

customerservice@ihire.com

17 reviews with 1 star

craigg103
1/1/19

SCAM. Do not waste time or money on this "job service" website. Employers and potential employees both get charged. The whole premise does not work. No food service employee will pay to find an employer. So there are no candidates using the site! Also under NO circumstances give them credit card information. They retain it and auto renew your "subscription plan" without telling you. Then when you catch it and call them on it they say "our system" won't let us refund your money. Just wire cash to Nigeria if you want to get robbed!!!

Response from William D., iHire Representative
Hi Craig. We would love to provide some clarification here. iHire offers job seekers two different levels of membership. We offer a free Basic membership with a lot of great features and benefits, including access to in-network jobs, our Resume Review tool, expert career advice, the option to make your resume searchable by employers, customizable job alert emails, and much more. We also offer a subscription-based Premium membership, which includes additional features and benefits to help you get hired faster including access to our patented time-saving resume tool we call iScore.

We have over 8.5 million candidates in our network and over 2 million visitors every month. Employers who post with us also get extra exposure automatically on our partner sites including many major general job boards.

We would love the opportunity to correct any issue you'ver had with iHire. I just sent you a private message through Sitejabber requesting some additional information so I can look into your experience further. If you'd prefer, you can also give us a call at (866) 238‑0161, Monday – Friday 8:30am‑5:30pm EST so we can look into this together. Thank you.
priscillao12
12/12/18

I consistently had problems logging in...the site included outdated jobs (WAY outdate)... never saw a listing that I had not already seen elsewhere. Then they billed me $75 to renew (don't know where they got that number because membership is only supposed to be 25-35). As soon as I saw the charge, I requested that the account (which I had not used since I found no value) was cancelled and the charge refunded. What did I get - a big NO. They said I paid and could enjoy the rest of the USELESS membership - they refused to refund. DO NOT USE - YOU WILL BE CHARGED HIGH UNAGREED TO AMOUNTS FOR AN EXTREMELY BAD SERVICE.

**UPDATE - While I did not find their service useful in my career search, they finally did reach out and agreed to refund the $75 "renewal" fee that they had charged and I had requested refunded. They made that right.

gerij5
11/3/18

This site makes not sense what so ever. Why would I pay $1-$25 just review the job? The fact there are quite a few free sites made me cancel my membership. As soon as they said pay a dollar, I cancelled. There is no way. I have been using free sites since they were created and I am not about to start paying for them or any other site. In order for me to pay for a site like this, the job posting has to be up to date, a lot of jobs to choose from, and strong possibilities of employment. Ihire has none of this.

Response from William D., iHire Representative
Hi Geri. We apologize about your negative experience with our site. iHire is a unique job search platform that offers tools to optimize your job search. We also offer an industry-specific focus that will save you time when sifting through job listings. Our Premium members are paying for much more than the ability to apply for jobs.

iScore, our patented technology will compare keywords in your resume directly to the required skills in a specific job posting and gives you valuable insight about which skills you might be missing in your resume. It’s a simple idea, but an amazing tool that will save you time and give you the best chances of getting the interview.

There are a lot of things you can do with a basic iHire membership. Give our Resume Review tool a try, and check out the tips and templates available in our Career Advice section. You can also apply to any of our in-network jobs as a Basic member. We appreciate all customer feedback and hope you’ll give us another chance in the future!
todds198
10/5/18

This place is a joke. Do not engage any Payroll Company who promotes this company as a benifit and cost to you.

Response from William D., iHire Representative
Hi Todd. We apologize for any issues you've had with iHire. Please give us a call at (866) 238‑0161 or email us at customersuccess@ihire.com at your earliest convenience so we can address this issue.
paulc642
9/20/18

It is totally useless. After paying for premium membership, I received nothing. They are crooks. When I tried to cancel, they said they didn't know me and that I had made no purchases. The phone number given to contact them doesn't work either. Avoid theses $#*!s.

Response from William D., iHire Representative
Hi Paul. Did you try to contact us at (866) 238‑016? If you think you've been charged for a service you didn't receive, we'd love the opportunity to fix the issue. Just give us a call Monday – Friday 8:30am‑5:30pm EST in order to speak with a U.S-based Customer Success representative. Or if you'd prefer, feel free to email us directly at customersuccess@ihire.com. I've also just sent you a private message through Sitejabber to address this issue. We take customer service very seriously and I'm certain we can address any problems you've had with iHire.
cherylc133
3/27/18

If I could give a zero star I would! Every job that I see in my area does not exist! When you go to the company website, the jobs are in different states even though the jobs are listed in a specific area. An example is two jobs that were listed on the site as White River Junction, VT - they were not in VT!!!! They are in CA one was in OH - this site is such as waste of time and so very frustrating for a working professional!

Response from William D., iHire Representative
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. That's certainly not the experience we want our users to have and we would like the opportunity to turn it around. If you're interested, please email us directly at customersuccess@ihire.com or give us a call at (866) 238‑0161, Monday – Friday 8:30am‑5:30pm EST so we can look into this together. Thank you.
brandons112
1/30/18

This is the ultimate middle man of a website. They provide no actual service besides being a website you get to other websites from. As well they charge a ridiculous amount for postings that nobodys going to find or take seriously on this borderline scam of a website. Dont waste your money

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Brandon - I appreciate you sharing your feedback and am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience on our site. Our goal is to help job seekers get hired faster, and a big part of that is doing the searching/verifying for you so you can be confident the jobs you view on our site are legit and belong in your industry. We have a team dedicated to this task, processing more than 750,000 jobs each day (more on that here: https://www.ihire.com/blog/meet-the-ihire-content-team-your-source-for-great-jobs). Our Premium Membership also includes:

-iScore Resume Booster
-Featured Applicant Status
-10% Off Resume & Cover Letter Services
-Easy Job Ad Navigation
-Job Source Search Filter
-Premium Circle for Friends & Family

If you're open to giving our service another try, please call Customer Success at 866-238-0161, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST and we'll set you up with a free month of Premium membership.
brianh242
10/3/17

I tried premium membership for one month ($25), and it proved to be absolutely useless. All of the job postings I was interested in just redirected me to external, free websites. Basically, postings that can be found on Monster, Indeed, etc. Complete waste of money and misleading - this did not provide any inside edge. Under no circumstance did I have any phone or on-site interviews stemming from this site; all of my interviews have come from other avenues. So what is the point of Premium? Complete scam, cancelled my subscription today and may go to my credit card company to file a dispute for the charge.

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Brian - I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our site and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. One of our goals with Premium membership is to save you time by finding all of those relevant positions on Monster, Indeed, etc. and compiling them in one place. At the same time, we eliminate ads, scams, and other bogus "job postings" that clutter search results on other job sites. We also work directly with employers who post their jobs on our site, and in most cases they have a one-click apply process. In addition to finding those listings for you, our Premium membership includes the following:

-iScore resume tool - this helps you ensure your resume has the right keywords per position you apply to.
-Featured Applicant Status - you'll stand out in our in-network employer applicant/resume lists.

We also have tons of great resources in our Career Advice library, including this article on following up to help increase your application response rate:

I hope that helps to clarify things. Please don't hesitate to contact our US-based Customer Success team regarding your account. We can be reached at 866-238-0161, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST.
cynthiae16
10/2/17

I must say that I didn't ever find anything of value from iHire. I'm a technical project manager, so I understand technology. I find the site experience to be somewhat of a "bait and switch" experience. If you find jobs you're interested in, it's not clear to you that you'll be charged until you click on Apply. I would be much more interested in dealing with a company that was transparent about their business model before I got so deep into the process.

Also, I just landed a contract and tried to remove myself from notifications from the site. I found that process difficult and frustrating. Remember, I'm technical, and if it's difficult for me, most people will find it difficult.

From my perspective, iHire has shot themselves in the foot with this model. I'm not impressed with the search process, and frustrated with the unsubscribe process, so overall, it's a negative experience for me. I won't be using this service again, and will warn my network not to use it.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Cynthia - thank you very much for your feedback, and congrats on landing the contract! We strive to ensure our website is easy to use as well as transparent about our products and services. On this page, which can be accessed without registering or logging in, we outline our business model, features/benefits, and the difference between our Basic and Premium memberships: https://www.ihiretechnology.com/jobseeker/whyjoin. We also have links in our emails to unsubscribe or adjust your email settings, as well as a dedicated page for managing your notifications: https://www.ihiretechnology.com/candidate/jobpreferences/notifications. Our US-based Customer Success team is available too to help our members with any questions they have about using our site: https://www.ihiretechnology.com/contact.

I hope this serves to provide some clarification. If you're open to giving our service another try next time you're looking for a job, please call Customer Success at 866-238-0161, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST and we'll set you up with a free month of Premium membership.
chrisw274
8/17/17

They block some positions from view (they call them "premium positions"), and solicit a fee to be able to see them. I agree with an earlier assessment, I don't think it proper to try to charge a fee to people who don't have a job. Also (from some of the employer reviews I'v seen), it seems the employer side of their client base isn't too happy with them either.

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Chris - Thank you for your feedback. We have a free Basic membership that includes a lot of great features and benefits, such as career advice articles, resume scorer and builder, the option to set your resume to "searchable" by employers, custom daily email alerts, etc. In addition to full access to every job we find, verify, and classify (more on that here: https://www.ihire.com/blog/meet-the-ihire-content-team-your-source-for-great-jobs), our Premium membership includes expert resume tools, featured applicant status, and more. If you'd like to give our service another try, please call Customer Success at 866-238-0161, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST and we'll set you up with a free month of Premium membership.
marym514
6/2/17

After posting the job we got 3 resumes - 2 of which had no experience. They suggested we lower our qualification for employment. Then they gave us resume search for free which had 3 resumes out of 350 that actually had some of what we were looking for but they were 3 months old. I would save your money and not try this one.

shaunb26
5/31/17

iHire.com seems like a great place to look for industry specific professionals. After 60-days online, with the featured upgrade and the nationwide upgrade ($365) I received a grand total of zero applications. When I approached them about a refund they refused and instead offered me a free listing with the same upgrades. I went ahead with it even though I knew it was useless. I ended hearing from one applicant but he had no experience and lived four states away. Sorry buddy, I'm not going to pay to relocate someone with no experience.

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Shaun – thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry you had a negative experience posting your job with us, as our goal is to connect employers and hiring managers with qualified talent. We’d like to make things right. If you wouldn’t mind contacting our Customer Success Manager Lori Cole at 866-238-0161 at your convenience, we’d greatly appreciate it.
gernb
3/4/17

I have noticed (on more than one occasion) that iHire is posting jobs that were available at one time, but no longer are open. In addition, there are fees associated with this group...I"d skip them...

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Gern - thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that the jobs you were trying to apply to were no longer available. We work hard to ensure the jobs advertised on our site are current and legitimate and understand how frustrating it can be to come across an ad for a position that has expired. In some cases, jobs are active when we initially share them with our members but close shortly thereafter. With this in mind, we advise all job seekers to apply to positions as promptly as possible. Additionally, if an employer has removed their job posting, it may take up to 24 hours for our system to remove it from our database.

We also offer both a free membership (basic) and a paid membership (premium). As a basic member, you can register, upload or build a resume, and search for jobs on our site. You have the option of setting your resume to “private” or “searchable,” which enables employers registered with iHire to view your resume and contact you regarding opportunities. Basic members also have free access to great job search articles and webinars on the “Career Advice” tab. As a premium member, you receive unlimited access to all of our job listings pulled from 12,000+ sources, automated job matching, email job alerts that match your ideal job, and access to iScore, our resume tool that helps you tailor your resume to specific positions and get more interviews.

If you have any additional questions, concerns, or feedback, please call Customer Success at 866-238-0161, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST. We would be happy to assist you further!
denisep63
2/4/17

We're OUT-OF-WORK, and you want $25/no? How do you sleep at night? Your trying to make money from people who don't have any.

Response from Natalie W., iHire Representative
Hi Denise - Thank you for your feedback. We understand where you're coming from and also know that our Premium membership isn’t for everyone. That’s why we offer a lot of great benefits with our free Basic membership. As a Basic member, you have full access to any in-network, sponsored, or featured job. You can use our Resume Review tool to improve your resume and also set your resume to “Searchable” so employers on our site can contact you directly! Plus, you have complete access to our extensive library of career advice articles, templates, and webinars.

If you are open to giving our service another try, please call Customer Success at 866-238-0161, Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST and we'll set you up with a free month of Premium membership. Our service can truly make a difference when searching for careers and we'd love it if you would be willing to try us out again.
jamiek49
12/13/16

I'm sorry, but with all the sites out there now, you can use those for free and find a job. I am on many sites and after going through this whole process and making a profile and adding my resume only to find out I have to pay to use it to even view a job! That's just ridiculous and so not worth it to me. I definitely would not use this site especially pay for it. With all the sites out there now I don't know why anybody would pay to use this site to find a job inless it's a miracle site that finds you a job right away. People are obviously looking for work so not everybody has the money to pay a site to find one. Sorry just really aggravated me.

stevena54
8/29/16

My wife sent me a link for I hire in this case it was printing. I seen many jobs I was interested in and when I clicked on the likk it said pay 1 dollar for 3 days to unlock the job after the 3 days it was going to be 25 dollars a month. If you know what you are doing you can find most of these jobs on the website for the company. This site is a rip off do your home work and don't give these people any money.

michaelg96
7/30/14

I'm conducting a job search and I found what I thought was a great match and clicked through to one of the ihire family of websites. When I tried to apply for the job I found out that I would have to pay for a membership in order to do so. Am I glad I checked for complaints on the business before giving my credit card info. There were many complaints of inproper charges.

I elected to try to contact the hiring company directly, which I was able to do. On the third call I reached, Wanda, the person who does the hiring company's job posting. Not only had she never posted on an ihire site, the posting was over a month old and had already been filled.

My recommendation to job searchers: be wary of ihire and paying for their services.

Hi Gwendolyn - thank you for reaching out. We offer a free Basic membership that includes the following features and benefits: -View and apply to Quick Apply and Direct Apply jobs posted by our employer partners -Access hundreds of career advice resources covering job search, resume writing, interviewing, networking, and more -Use our Resume Review tool to identify any opportunities for improvement in your document -Set up customized job searches and receive email alerts with matching positions -Build an eye-catching, professionally formatted resume with our Portfolio tool -Set your resume to Searchable so employers can find you! Please feel free to call our Customer Success team at (866) 2380161, Monday Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm EST if you have any further questions. Thanks again!

By Natalie W., iHire Representative

Hi Dhanashree! Yes, you can search for jobs in Iselin, NJ on iHire. Visit https://www.ihire.com/network/directory to find the iHire community that's right for you. Please feel free to call our Customer Success team at (866) 2380161, Monday Friday 8:30 am5:30 pm EST for further assistance!

By Natalie W., iHire Representative

Hi John! Great question. Unlike the big general job boards out there, iHire is a career-oriented platform that powers more than 50 industry-specific communities. Our industry focus attracts qualified and motivated job seekers that you wont find elsewhere. By valuing quality over quantity, we help you meet your hiring goals as quickly and cost effectively as possible. One of our Account Managers would love to chat with you about your hiring needs feel free to give us a call at (877) 798-4854, M-F 8:30 am - 5:30 pm EST. You can also learn more about our hiring solutions at https://www.ihire.com/employers/solutions. Thanks!

By Natalie W., iHire Representative

Questions? Get answers from the iHire staff and other customers.

1 Photo for iHire