Review of iHerb

info@iherb.com

20 reviews with 4 stars

chloey3
12/28/17

I ordered couple of times from this company. The first time, the product had dust inside the bottle. The second time, they shipped a wrong product.
On both occasions, they followed up on my request very quickly and solved the issue.

jennys104
11/10/17

I have used them regularly over the past 3+ years to order a wide range of beauty, wellness, grocery & household items. I like that they offer a wide selection of quality products at great prices, plus a highly efficient & affordable overseas delivery service. I have not had a problem with any order so far. Please keep up the good work and great prices!

johns2406
10/28/17

All communication with iHerb must be done through the live chat. I never had issues with iHerb before, but recently had a small setback with their shipping and packing. Original order was misrouted and never received. Seemingly UPS's fault? The replacement order arrived damaged and completely wet due to broken glass due to NO PACKING except for ONE air cell/pillow. All glass bottles were loose in the box. The 3rd shipment arrived with superb packing where each bottle was individually bubble-wrapped. I have to admit, they were very responsive with the replacement shipments. I think their customer service is good except for not having a customer phone number.

howardk25
6/10/17

I bought a product from iHerb and the product label on what was received did not match that on the site (NOW DHA is from tuna, not sardines, anchovies, mackerel). They were kind enough to provide me a refund but I now cannot write a review on the product because it says I did not purchase it. I was hoping to help others and iHerb with this issue. Others will continue to have this issue.

kimberlys79
5/7/17

I've been a loyal iHerb customer for more than 15 years. While I liked iHerb better when my loyalty credits didn't expire every few weeks, they are still the best place to get vitamins and supplements. The variety is amazing and the quality is excellent and the prices are more than reasonable in comparison to other stores (online or in person) where these items are sold. I've never had a bad experience here and have nothing but confidence in their products.

goosv
3/22/17

I ordered one tube of Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate on march 13, and got it here 21 march. I used a 5$ discount code so the price without shipping was $18.22. I chose the cheapest shipping method. I read the reviews after ordering and was afraid i had to pay extra, which i didnt. Possibly cause my order was below 22,- i dont know. Happy with my first order.

kathym141
2/8/17

I waited 8 days after I received an email from iherb that they shipped my package before finally calling UPS whose customer support(actual live human being) told me that they in fact received an order to process a label but shipper (IHERB) did not send package and that I should contact the shipper(IHERB) I then proceeded to find out they have no working phone number and you can only send emails and the live chat does not work! They then responded to my email apologized and let me know they were re- shipping and I received it 3 days later. So after a little frustration I ended up satisfied but I would have still preferred being able to talk to a live person when I initially noticed a problem.

francesm56
11/5/16

I bought items worth over £50 and choose global shipping but was told to pay custom fees when it arrived at UK. I contacted iherb and they were very helpful and advised me to pay the money and that they will refund 50% of the custom fees. Which was £16.24. I paid received the item and sent them the receipt via email and the 50% refund was processed within 48hours.
I have also bought again from them but this time the total cost of my item and £2.72 shipping with my discount was £11. The item came straight to me without custom fees. I am very happy with them because they are way cheaper and some of the supplement are not here in UK.

emelo
5/10/16

I have made about 29 purchases between 2014 -2016 and I haven't had much to complain.
The purchases have been 16 - 50. My purchases have gotten stuck in customs about 5-6 times. Usually that's happened when Iherb had free shipping, or when one of the items inside had been around 25. I guess Finnish customs let packages go easier even when their price is over 22.

They usually give little free stuff with the purchases, like pens, magnifying bookmarks and tote bags, which are kinda cute. I had one of the pens open in the package and it had sprayed ink everywhere though.

I usually buy makeup, hair products for curly hair, beauty products, ingredients for flax seed gel, oils and supplements. They once sent me an argan oil that had a rancid smell to it and they refunded my money. I like buying from Iherb because many of the products are usually over two times more expensive to buy from shops in Finland than from Iherb.

bobl62
12/2/15

I've seen horrible reviews about iherb. I haven't had any problems with them yet. The only complaint I have is that the packaging isn't really safe. They just jam everything in one box with big air pockets around it, but if you have a mix of "crushable" items (eg chips) and "heavy" items (eg glass bottles), they will not have any individual protection to prevent damage. I'm used to having smaller/heavier items placed in a box within the big box to protect the bigger/more fragile items outside. I ordered "Dandies" marshmallows once and they arrived a bit crushed.

Besides that, the website has a great selection of items and amazing deals. International shipping is pretty cheap. Shipping time is as described.

jimh100
9/19/15

No hassles here. I ordered several supplements which I have bought and used regularly for some time. I saved quite a bit through iherb and the shipping was quick. They don't carry all of the products I use, but I guess they can't carry everything.

martoj
7/14/15

Really! I live in Alberta and they delivery usually takes more than 3 weeks but still I manage my scheme to stay well supplied from those guys. Why I love it? Because they sell cheap, the products they sell is high quality and the product advertised is never different of what you receive. Isn't that great.
Be advised that if you live in Canada and order with delivery by DHL you will get charged with taxes. Do not use the that type of delivery it is expensive and you would have to pay taxes. Use international mail. It cost you time but you don't have to pay taxes over your purchases.
Good luck.

zaynabi
7/13/15

I don't know why people keep writing they have horrible customer service. They were brilliant!!
I got e.l.f make up palette set, which i am unable to get in UK. Amazon is the only other site i could order from but not only were they more expensive the reviews were worse. The palette set arrived quickly but it was damaged so the palette wouldn't slide.
I contacted customer service and within 10 minutes, they sorted everything out and i would hopefully be getting a full refund in few days.

maryc74
5/8/14

My problem is both with iHerb and with DHL. I ordered a package which was purportedly delivered by DHL but no slips were ever left on the door and the 3rd delivery date/time I was definitely home. A week after my first contact with DHL they still can't find my package but keep asking if I want to pay the fees on line. iHerb was absolutely no help. They were rude and implied that the lost package was my fault somehow. I won't order from them again and if I don't get my package, I will ask my credit card company to reverse the charges for non-delivery. Too bad because until now I've always had positive experiences with iHerb.

Update: turns out the problem was really Loomis who didn't actually deliver the order. Once it was confirmed by DHL to be lost (took about a week) iHerb shipped my order the same day and I received it two days later. From the US to Ontario countryside. Pretty good really. although there was a charge, I herb's lower prices and volume discount more than made up for the fees. So, I'm back to being a customer. Hope is is useful.

mandyb8
3/3/14

I'm kind of a health nerd, and iherb has everything I can think of to treat my leaky gut/hypochondria. Without iherb, I wouldn't even know about cococeps, the tastiest mushroom based beverage ever (whatever, don't knock it till you try it.)
They also have a great customer loyalty program and fast free shipping if you buy enough stuff (and you know you always need more stuff, right?)

barbarat6
5/16/13

I like products of this site, they are really good! The assortment is large and prices are reasonable.
The only thing I dislike is shippment. I choose standard shipping and it always delays and sometimes it even comes broken... It is much better to choose another methods of shoppment, you will pay more but it will arrive in time.

shahart
4/20/13

they have a big choice , prices could be a bit cheaper though ... their international shipping is good !

anab13
2/21/12

Lots of products to choose from, found great prices on supplements that would have cost me twice as much elsewhere. My only complaint is shipping, first few times it was fast and everything arrived no problem, the last time the package was lost and they did not reply to any of my emails, then finally after a few months I got a partial refund. So if you buy from them make sure you pay a little more for shipping to ensure you get it each and every time.

akaruis
10/23/11

Ordered once through my friend who herself have ordered it occasionally from time to time. Then I ordered once for myself and it arrives pretty fast without delay. I'm generally quite satisfied with my products as I know not all health products might fit my body condition.

I bought Jason Natural Aloe Vera Shampoo & Hair Conditioner, Alba Botanica Body Scrub, full set of Avalon Organics facial products. I loved the facial products especially cos it fitted to my facial condition.

Cept the only issue on delivery, which the website have highlighted earlier before they send out their products that:

"The UPS driver may choose not to leave a package if you aren't present to sign for it. To avoid such a situation and ensure receiving your package, you may use a business address." http://www.iherb.com/info/Domestic

Which means I have to be at home to receive the product or contact the deliveryman to come at specific timing when I am at home (If I am unable to send it to my office).

Other than that, the site is pretty much reliable. They will also send you an email few weeks later to request for your good/bad reviews of the products which you have purchased so that other buyers can decide fi they want to buy the product or not.

kimc1
1/18/10

A great one stop shop for herbs and supplements.

I just wish the website had better navigation and search features.

Products seems fresh and with good expiration dates - this is very important to me!

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?