Review of iHerb

info@iherb.com

28 reviews with 2 stars

emmanuelp14
12/3/18

Ordered some items. The arrived one months after the predicted arrival date.
Some products did not have an expiration date and when i contacted them they asked me to send pictures etc. and at the end asked me to contact the manufacturer.
Poor service don't seem to care about their customers

hodgepodgei
7/12/18

As with others, I wish I had read reviews about this company. They sucked me in with low prices and discount. Their shipping/delivery people (WHOEVER they are) are not efficient. After not receiving my order when it said delivered I got very grumpy with them. We were here tge day they said delivered. Nope. Anyway, the next day it was here!!!!! 9 days after shipping in the same region of the country. And their replies to your email are very impersonal/vague. Website makes it difficult to contact them. Good luck. I will spend a little more and go with a good company. You get what you pay for. Lesson learned.

sl526
5/2/18

iHerb cancelled my confirmed order. When disputed immediately, iHerb took more than 10 days to give a terse and obscure response. When the response challenged, iHerb admitted the mistake but the order remained cancelled.

robertu22
4/30/18

I ordered five bottles of Paradise Turmeric Capsules from I Herb Inc on 14/4/2018 (via PayPal). As I had not received a delivery, or any tracking information by 30/4/2018, I sent a request to obtain this information. I was informed by the company, that as I had not used the email address that was utilised when the order was made they would not provide me with the information. I explained to the company that I had a number of email addresses that could have been used and even supplied the Transaction ID as I obtained from my PayPal transaction account - still no tracking information was provided. As the tracking information has not been provided I have been left to assume that it has not been dispatched from I Herb and will contact PayPal. Robert U.

jasond128
11/30/17

DHL are looking for 29 on a 77 order. 17 Tax & 12 admin fee
Not very transparent at time of order will not use again.

tedj24
5/26/17

I've been buying from iherb for 10-15 years; I had slowed down when they started this new "rewards" system that expires too quickly. Today, they emailed me an offer for $5 off my next order (good only for 48 hrs.). I ordered $45 or so worth of supplements. The website showed the $5 credit when I logged in, but after reviewing my order (after it was complete), I realized they didn't give me $5 off! I emailed them; the lady first responded requesting me to email them a "copy of the email screen" (the offer, I guess). I sent them back a nasty reply stating that they'd lost a long-time customer, and she emailed back something vague about $2.88 in "rewards". This company is clearly feeling heavy competition from Amazon (who isn't?), and they've decided to "nickel & dime" their customers any way they can.

Bye, iherb...

pennyw19
5/21/17

We've just come back from our holiday and my order is waiting for me at the Post Office as they couldn't be delivered - there is an £11.90 Customs Charge owing on an £18 order. I needed them sooner, as they took forever to arrive, as I didn't know they were an American based company until after I'd purchased them. A company based in Colchester had 5000 iu Vitamin D3 for £9. 365 soft gels, in a plastic flat pack - very snazzy which arrived in 2 days. This is where I'll get them in future.

louiset21
3/29/17

Received leaked and spilled products every now and then because of poor packing. I wrote emails to complain and iherb sent me a form reply and issued a refund. Still, it would be much better if they take the time to improve their packing in the first place instead of causing inconvenience again and again. Not sure if their so-called 'Apologies' are well meant when all u get is the same reply.

ajb14
2/26/17

I've used I-Herb a few times. You never know when stock will be in - unreliable when wanting to re-order. Problem is how they handl e damaged product. I received a damaged item, and instead of them mailing out a new one, they said they would only refund me the money. However I am an international customer, which means I would have to pay shipping, duties and taxes all over again on the product. They refunded me only for the product amount, and after much going back and forth with them, they stated "as a courtesy", they would refund me 20% of the duties and taxes. Then they wanted me to send them a copy of the receipt. I advised them the order #, and advised them they had access to the order as they were the ones that submitted ME with a receipt, but no, I had to send them a copy of the receipt to get the 20% refund of duties and taxes, but didn't have to submit it to get the refund of the product. I figure they think if they can screw with you enough you'll just give up. Other companies are far better at refunding damaged items and actually care about keeping their customers. Go elsewhere.

spaskag
2/2/17

I totally agree with you. I ordered from IHerb and now i need a week off, so i could take my package from the customs. I don't have the time. I wanted to return the package or just to get help from IHerb, but they don't care. I sent them quotes from their site, which proved, they wrong, they sent me quotes from their site, which proved I'm wrong. So ... the information on their site is deluding, inaccurate, you'll need to reed a whole day, just to know, what will happen if you order... so just don't!!!!!

norab30
1/30/17

I love the products I ordered. The prices are reasonable. It shipped in half the time they promised on the website. This would have been a 5-star shopping experience, but after paying for shipping to then get hit up at the post office for $15 on a $70 order (approx 22%, which makes no sense considering everything I ordered was made in a NAFTA country) makes me seriously wonder if they just pocketed the "shipping" that I paid.

tamg1
10/17/16

I should have checked reviews prior to giving this company a whirl. I've now seen broken glass items are the norm as they don't use bubble wrap, a pretty standard and cheap protection barrier for any parcel you would think.
Not only was my card compromised upon purchase, but the delivery was then delayed, only to discover that the items are damage and I'm still awaiting to see what happens next. Customer service have responded promptly, but they never initiated the communication to advise the item has been damaged and sent back, nor the refund. It will be interesting to see what the refund is, as most of the non-glass items will now be ruined and unusable. Pretty sad considering the prices aren't cheap, I purchased on convenience, and now I should have looked elsewhere from the beginning.

fredg38
8/10/16

Choice of products , price , shipping lead time are just fine ...
I would however not recommend ordering from Europe as IHerb has no european Platform to ship from ( the fact that both currency and language sound "local" are very misleading ) . All goods are shipped in reality from the US which means terribly high custom taxes .

elfmaidd
5/12/16

This company make their own supplements under the name of California Gold Nutrition. I ordered a C0Q10 but when it arrived I noticed it contained modified food starch. I wrote to customer service to enquire what it was made from and if it was GMO. I have had 6 messages back from someone sounding like they are screaming at me and asking me why I am asking this and where do I get my information. I keep writing back saying I am not accusing them of anything but asking. Finally she answered saying it is corn starch so I wrote back asking where they purchase it if it is not GMO, all I got back was another email 'screaming' at me again asking me where I get my information. This company seriously has something going on and say on their home page, that they don't use GMO wherever possible. As corn in the US is 90% GMO I have to assume this product contains GMO and I am throwing it away. They are unbelievably impossible to speak to and very rude.

scoute1
4/30/16

If it weren't for this company's good customers service responsiveness, this would get a 1/5 star rating. However, each time they respond, it is a new person almost everytime and you have to re-explain the issue all over again, and their broken English is barely coherent. Their deceptive checkout system and sneaky emails basically stole $20 from me. If it was more money, I would describe the details, but its just not worth my time. Long story short: DON'T SHOP HERE.

deeannw
2/24/16

I ordered a .125 fl oz bottle of pure chamomile oil which is in a dark brown bottle. As I held it up to the light before use I noticed the bottle is ONLY half way full. I most likely won't order from this site again. Not a happy customer

Response from Robert R., iHerb Representative
We apologize for the negative experience you had with your recent shopping experience at iHerb.com. We at iHerb do not manufacture or bottle the products that you order. Unfortunately 0.125 fl ounces is a small amount of liquid. It is unusual for a manufacturer to have a bottle that small which will fit all the information needed for the label. This means they need to use a bottle that is much larger than is needed just for the liquid. I can assure you that 0.125 fluid ounces is what you received in the bottle. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns about the product.
jeffreyr31
12/18/15

I live about 40 minutes from the marina facility where I order from and it takes 4 days to ship it. I could get good prices elsewhere

orenf6
10/10/15

good prices and items but my 76$ shipment was lost and iherb refused to compensate

davidp152
8/26/15

I was excited to find iHerb, as I live outside the US. They offer products that I like and cannot find here. The first two orders went off without a hitch, but then the 3rd has been riddled with problems. Two weeks later, and I still don't have my third order. I have spoken to 5 - yes 5 - customer service reps AND the supervisor, and no one can figure out anything! All they say is 'sorry'. The package still hasn't been shipped - $110 worth or groceries! If you can find another company, I recommend you go with that company.

deeo3
8/5/15

IHERB ALERT: After being forced to comply (and adapt) to your ever-changing marketing strategies to increase market share at the expense and inconvenience of your customers, HERE'S WHAT WE WANT:

10% OFF WITH EVERY ORDER!

How would you do that? Firstly, REWARD US FOR OUR LOYALTY, here and now! You've dropped it from 10% to 5% - and still delay giving it to us!

Secondly, allow us to FOREGO EXISTING DISCOUNTS for multiple buys, 'Brands of the Week', and 'Daily Deals' - BELLS AND WHISTLES!

Thirdly, give us the option to OPT OUT of your 'REWARDS PROGRAM'. That saves you 10% - and the running costs!

That's it! - 10% off with our order! No thoughts about ordering again within 60 days; no thoughts about sharing a code. No wasting time thinking about anything else except what to order!

iHerb, your ACE CARD used to be FREE DELIVERY for ORDERS OVER $40 USD WHICH YOU CAN NO LONGER CLAIM since you have bumped this up to $50 USD. You also now claim "100% FREE, NO EXTRA SURCHARGE!" - despite this, the order I placed (for just under $100 USD) attracted EXTRA SHIPPING COSTS!

In short, give us the option to OPT OUT of your existing discount programs IN EXCHANGE FOR 10% OFF WITH EVERY ORDER WITH NO SNEAKY ADD-ONS!

It's not complicated - but is anybody listening?

davidp140
7/7/15

I am annoyed that iherb decides it will not ship certain items to Australia. As an example I used to buy Cell Food from iherb and they shipped it no problem. Now there website will not display the item if you are from Australia. iherb somehow seems to think that Cell Food cannot be imported into Australia even though there is an official distributor in Australia and it is available everywhere. They say that there are issues importing it to Australia... well i import it and i have never had an issue. Communicating with customer care they said that they could not import it into Australia and I pointed out that in fact they were shipping it to me and i was importing it not them and i was happy to accept any risks. This seemed to go over the persons head. I object that Iherb is censoring it's website and acting like big brother.

atomixl
6/24/15

Before ordering, I asked iHerb if they would make sure the order was shipped with instruction "Recipient will self-clear" to avoid brokerage fees. But iHerb just shipped as usual, and DHL charged me $18 in extra fees (including about $3 in taxes, which is unavoidable). I complained to iHerb, and they reimbursed me $8, leaving me with the rest. The iHerb staff got very picky and legalistic, instead of taking full responsibility. I won't do business with them again.

mrsj3
8/9/14

Have ordered for years as prices and dose sizes where much better than in the UK. However we so have to stay under a certain price or the postage and customs charges double the overall price. Lately a worrying feature is that certain items are 'Restricted in this region or country'. For some reason we cannot order fish oil, gelatin or dhea? I am sure there are many more that I haven't come across yet but it isn't like that at other US supplement companies. This reflects badly on them for all the years I have used them for all my supplement needs. I will consider going elsewhere now as lots of companies are giving equally good prices, service and not restricting.

tedc18
5/6/14

SUMMARY: Stay away from iherb for orders to Canada.
The details: I requested a delivery to Canada. iherb only offers an untrackable shipping method for Canada. Still waiting for my package four weeks later, I contacted iherb, and started a rather confusing email communication with Customer Service. One month later, they offered a partial refund, referring to their return policy (restocking, etc.). I argued that their return policy did not apply here since I never returned anything - nothing was ever delivered to me. Customer Service kept on copying and pasting their return policy.
This site may do legitimate business for the US, but it looks like a SCAM for Canada deliveries.

rp32
3/23/14

Worst customer service experience ever by folks who have no idea what customer service is. Sent back an unopen item and was charged a so called 20% restocking fee.

Their website does not advise against any re-stocking fees! Rip Off! Great companies are measured on great service, this site does not come close!

Helpful answer -1

Yes, we have a lot of satisfied customers from the UK who have been ordering from us for many years. The only concern is the customs fees that are charged on the order. Unfortunately some customers are surprised about these fees or the value of the additional fees that get assessed.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

Yes, iHerb uses only very reliable delivery services.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

well dont order from india. when the product will come to your door you will be surprised by the extra custom cost which is almost the price of your product. it happened with me i am from gujarat and i found out later that it happened with many others

By arun o.

Yes you will be charged extra, they dont make it clear when you place an order, but I was asked to pay an extra £15 sterling before they would deliver my goods to my home, so I refused and am waiting a refund of my order which they now tell me will take up to 6 months, not a good company to deal with, buy from home if I were you, I will not purchase from america again.

By gaynor f.

Catherine D. I'm sorry but I have no idea. iherb is very unreliable on posting things outside US. I would suggest you to search somewhere else for your items if you are not a U.S. Customer. I had problems with not receiving my items, they didn't refund me after chasing them for over 6 months now and came to me with rediculoys excuses blaming UK customs and excise. I did bad reports to different sites to help customers to avoid then

By Vassilis D.

I had similar problem and my resolution was to write email to dhl asking to cancel this delivery and return everything to iherb due to difficult clearance procedure in my country. It resolved the issue. After some time they returned money (I think everything excluding delivery costs but not sure as it was year ago). They now provide DPD all inclusive, so hope it resolves the issue now.

By Serge P.

Im about to sue them. Theyre site is fraudulent as it uses a UK prefix to misrepresent where the goods are being shipped from. Interestingly in research prior to issuing the court process i found US sites who ship in UK with no customs charges. The site is hosted on google ads and i am suing them also

By Jay S.

You are welcome to return any product within 60 days of being purchased and you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the product.

By Robert R., iHerb Representative

If the order is shipped, I afraid you can't. If your order is not delivered, you may try to contact customer service or claim refund (payment via paypal).

By Ed J.

Yes, iHerb purchasing most of it products directly from the manufacturer and the remaining we purchase from only verified distributors. You can be assured that you are buying genuine products from iHerb.Com

By Robert R., iHerb Representative
Questions? Get answers from the iHerb staff and other customers.

iHerb?