IFREVolunteers.org reviews

info@ifrevolunteers.org

4 reviews with 5 stars

samuelf46
1/15/19
I volunteered at the Upendo orphanage in Arusha, Tanzania with IFRE. My experience at the orphanage was incredible. My in-country coordinator had prepared a room for me, she welcomed me with open arms and always made sure that I was well taken care of even though I was supposed to be there helping them. It was amazing to see how happy and loving they were even though some had little more than the shirt on their back. It was truly a humbling experience.

I am happy that I used IFRE Volunteers for my first experience in Africa because it provided me with the security and reassurance I needed. There was always someone there to help me. I was picked up from the airport and taken to my host family without any hassle. The country coordinator also did all my paperwork to get a work permit, took me for a few tours around the city to familiarize myself, organized a safari for me, and even took me to the hospital when I wasn't feeling very well. I found IFRE cheaper compared to some of the other companies I researched. Therefore I agreed to volunteer with them.

From all angles it was absolutely an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend the experience.
ronyd1
10/11/18
Our group had an excellent time staying with Michael and his family while in Sri Lanka. Five members of our group stayed at Michael's house while five others stayed with his daughter. We stayed two weeks all together learning about the language and culture of Sri Lanka and volunteering.

Michael is very knowledgeable and was able to share with us a great deal of history on Sri Lanka and help us speak useful phrases.

At all times, whenever our group needed anything, Michael was always quick to respond. He helped us make changes in our volunteer schedule as needed, move students around in the two houses, and was very attuned to our needs. I want to thank Michael for all of the work that he and his family did to help us feel welcome in his home and in Sri Lanka.

I wish our experience with the IFRE office was as great as it was on the ground with Michael. I understand that they are a large organization in many countries, but we had significant issues dealing with them. In the week leading up to the program, our main office contact went on medical leave. As the new person took over communication, they made changes to the total cost we agreed on, then the payment was demanded upfront (before we had agreed to pre-pay half and then pay half at the end). After months of planning, we were told that the program would be canceled unless we met these stipulations.

We were worried about how the experience would be when we began because of our experience with their office, but as soon as we met Michael, his willingness to work with us gave us confidence that it would be a good trip.

I don't believe that IFRE is a bad organization, and perhaps our experience with the office was unique. I recommend being very clear early on about payments especially if volunteering with a large group.
henryk19
3/5/13
IFREVolunteers a non-profit organization had organized volunteer abroad programs in my school & I had also participated in it. There I enjoyed too much even through their volunteer & humanitarian trips abroad, I enable to spread love and compassion to poor children & improving the lives of destitute children. They offered me a great opportunity to explore new countries get to know about different shades of nature. I am so thankful to IFREVolunteers who has given me this grand opportunity.
seenyk
12/5/12
I have joined the program of volunteer in Thailand by IFRE volunteers and I really felt that my life is changed because the work which I did is the work which will always give me pleasure and I will cherish this through out my life. All this has become possible due to IFRE Volunteers so a big thanks to them.

Questions? Get answers from the IFREVolunteers.org staff and other customers.

IFREVolunteers.org?