Review of iFixit

2018 Customer choice award

124 reviews with 5 stars

medb2
5/21/19

I have been fixing my stuff since I found this website writing the model of my device and here we go all steps to replace or mount my broken pereferals

jorgem185
4/2/19

I love the toolset as a beginner in pc building this is a great set of tools to safely replace or fix components i am glad i l found out about ifixit's tools

russc34
2/26/19

Ordered the iPhone battery replacement kit. Impressed of how easy it was following the instructions. NOTE: I used a hair dryer for 2 minutes to help remove screen. All the tools included were excellent and for a first time repairing an iPhone, I will rely on if it.com for future needs.

otisw11
2/15/19

forgot password to Iphone sooo....after 2 hrs with Apple & Itunes...I called around and
iFixit kept coming out of peoples mouth quite often sooooo....stopped by & was floored by..."Sure...B ready in 10 minutes"..(I would have been happy for 2 hrs....Just fix my phone).
My phone works again and I was sooooo pleased with their great service & friendly staff ifI could give them a 20 I would.I was at the store on Ski bo rd

philp143
1/17/19

Unfortunately, I used a YouTube video, that wasn't detailed enough to replace the battery on an iPhone SE. As a result I screwed up a cable to the touch screen and had the 4 different length screws mixed up.
I then happened upon the ifixit.com site and the wonderfully detailed instructions complete with end-user comments blew me away!
Also, the quality of the replacement touch screen was great as were the instructions! I am now a believer in ifixit.com and highly recommend it. Wish I had happened upon this site
first.

johnd2220
1/16/19

I ordered the iPhone 5 battery replacement kit from iFixit rather than pay $79 for Apple to do it. I thought it might be a bit treacherous to fix it myself, but the tools and instructions provided (step-by-step w/ both photos and video) made this an easy win. I will absolutely use iFixit again in the future and would recommend them for anyone not afraid to open up their devices.

paulap159
1/13/19

I began having problems with my battery since September of 2018 and delayed addressing them. I started to look over different sites on how to fix it and came across ifixit.com. Although the price of the battery as well as the tools needed was expensive, it was well worth it because it allowed me to get the job done within 15-20 minutes. Also, the step-by-step guide was easy to follow along to.

rockieg
1/12/19

i live a on small budget, and wanted to upgrade my old PC. found some other place, but Ifixit had the lowest and the best support. Letting me now it would work and what i would get for upgrading my PC and how to do the work myself.
Will shop again and you should to. A++

Tip for consumers: just ask them, if your not sure. just ask, they will help and go into detail, what to do and how to install anything.

danielr384
12/25/18

Bought the Manta Driver Kit, and right away used it to fix an HTC Vive controller. I found all the screw tips I needed, and I'm also a fan of the magnetic lid.

paxtons
12/25/18

Availability, price, and quality are three important measures for me when buying something like this (a laptop battery). Fast shipment, reasonable cost, and awesome performance are what I got with ifixit's MacBook Pro battery. Well done, and thanks for giving life to my machine!

andrewk264
12/19/18

I needed to replace the back glass on my Google Pixel so I turned to Amazon. Different listings for, ostensibly, the same product. Wildly conflicting reviews. Various sellers who may be selling the listed product or a cheap knock off. Were the negative reviews due to an interior product or user incompetence? I couldn't determine who to trust. I turned to ifixit instead, and wound up with a lower price and the relief that comes from dealing with a known seller. I can't tell if the glass is authentic (not without trying to break it), but it installed easily and looks perfect.

db362
12/11/18

Great laptop ifixit Pro tool kit! The screw driver handle design is great the way it allows you to keep pressure on those little laptop screws and still spin the shaft to undo or tighten them. The slight magnetic tip holds those little screws in place so they don't drop when you take them out. It also helps to hold them in place to get them started when you reassemble the case or hard drives. Over all it's a great tool kit package design. I like the way the driver heads are held in place by foam for easy access and storage. I would have liked the driver head sizes to be a little easier to read. They don't stand out from the foam holder they are in so I found it difficult to read which size head I needed. Great overall toolkit package to work on my MacBook Pro laptops.

joshuag120
12/8/18

Ifixit has been a godsend. I've saved time and money by doing computer repairs myself. The instructions are easy to follow and the tools provided are inexpensive and high quality. Thank you, iFixit!

keithm256
12/7/18

As a computer repairman, the parts augmented by illustrated step-by-step breakdown manuals are essential to my business.

mtn
12/6/18

Headphone tip broke off in my IPAD. I brought it to the Apple store and they would not fix it but did tell me about the gripstick gadget that could be ordered through iFixit. I ordered it, watched the video (very important step) and it worked perfectly.

christopherw233
12/5/18

My Macbook was dropped and the screen was cracked. Was nervous about replacing it myself, so I sent it off to a 3rd party for repair. The fix was mediocre, and started to fail soon after. After sending the MacBook back, they happily "fixed" the screen under warranty, but I quickly learned the age old lesson, if you want something done, do it yourself. I ordered a new screen assembly, then found the well priced tools on IFIXIT. After two hours following their free online walk through, my laptop was like new! Glad I made the investment and happy the IFIXIT resources are around so people can fix their stuff!

davidm1714
12/1/18

The entire process took all but 5 minutes to complete. Once installed everything worked beautifully. The new cable went in much easier than the original.

humzaa
11/30/18

Purchased a iPhone 6 battery replacement kit, as well as some other repair essentials. Thoroughly pleased with the ease of buying, hassle-free receiving, and step by step process of navigating the site to proceed with the actual battery replacement. Love iFixIt.

jeanpierreb2
11/27/18

Ordered Macbook Air Parts. Received them quickly and followed the provided instructions. No problems at all. Would definitely recommend, and order again.

juliet399
11/23/18

I ordered a new internal part for my wii u. The ZR button stopped working so I simply followed instructions on this website and the button works like new! If I sent it in for Nintendo to fix it would have been 100$, but with this it was only about 9$. Very easy to follow and very affordable.

jdm21
11/16/18

These guys just keep killing it!

From parts and tools to skills and know-how; toss in a bit of right-to-repair advocacy and you have iFixit. I'm satisfied and find their products well worth the money (provided that you can read and follow instructions).

If you're having a problem, I would recommend READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE INSTRUCTIONS. We both know they were there so just stop being difficult and read them. If you really have READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, then they will gladly help you out. Even if you haven't READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, they might make fun of you, but they will still help you out. Also, don't forget to RTFM.

Support these guys and your supporting a lot more than just a bunch of geeks. Farmers, moms and nerds all benefit from the work these folks are involved in. So, go find something to buy from them right now!

marvine22
11/10/18

What a great resource and alternative to fixing electronic devices at a lower cost. Great parts and quality. Thank you ifixit!!

joelf49
11/8/18

Old Ipod battery was at the end of its life and didn't want to replace the unit as it works fine, just no battery life. Found Ifixit online, read the repair step's and saw the low price of the new battery and tool kit, thought NO WAY. Well for the money it was worth the risk, and ordered. Received my order in a few days, did the steps as per online Ifixit, and her Ipod is as good as new, and she is very grateful.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you are ordering the right part, do the right model / serial numbers, and all will go GREAT. Also tool kit is good but get the heavier pry tool just incase.

jackp166
11/6/18

I saved at least 300 dollars by using this site to fix my macbook myself! Awesome customer service and fast shipping.

andrewb501
11/2/18

I have a 2 1/2 year old Galaxy S7 Edge that I really like. Unfortunately, I have to charge it twice a day lately.

Rather than ship it to Samsung, or worse yet, have the Mall's Kiosk butcher it for me, I got the battery and tools for a great price and all the help I need online from ifixit.com.

Yay for them and the consumer!

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?