Review of iFixit

4 reviews with 3 stars

bobn96
12/12/18

Dear sir,

After receiving (today, because they were delivered to me outside USA) my iFixit tools i was trying the magnetic mat and the pen that comes with it but when i opened the box the pen cap was fallen off and the pen was dry i guess because it was not writing neither on the mat nor on a printer paper.

I don't know if it's a normal thing and that i need to moisturize the pen with some tap water but I highly doubt it.

Please advise,

marcs138
11/15/18

My package is being delayed because ifixit allowed me to enter a P.O. box for my address. In THIS part of the country, if a item is being sent via US Postal Service it MUST be addressed to a P.O. box because there is NO STREET DELIVERY of mail. But if it is being delivered via UPS it MUST go to a street address. Businesses need to realize that this is the norm in many places. Therefore, if the address given is a P.O. box SEND THE !&$%*! PACKAGE by US Postal Service! If it is being sent by UPS then DEMAND A NON-PO BOX ADDRESS! The post office and UPS do NOT play well together!

richardj275
8/21/18

I followed the very detailed instructions and the "difficult" battery replacement went very well. Everything seemed fine until I tried using my laptop in my lap. Then I found that it repeated crashed when I moved my wrist on top of it! Looking at it more closely revealed the battery connector was missing some solder on some wires! I soldered them down and now it seems to be working fine. (You can see in the photo that 2 wires don't look soldered at all.)

crysm
5/15/18

Thanks for my tool kit. My only issue is that i can pay someone else to fix my screen for same cost you sell the lcd + digitizer at. How is that saving anyone money? I've looked on wholesale websites and know you get these screens for dollars compared to selling price.

Their instructions cover each step in clear detail. All include photos and nearly all have video as well. Highly recommended!

By John D.

Telephone number is (866) 613-4948.

By Bruce J.

The company is located in the United States but their products are sources from China and often drop shipped that way with considerable markups.

By Hanna L.

Questions? Get answers from the iFixit staff and other customers.

iFixit?