Review of Iceland

Deeside, Wales CH5 2NU, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 800 328 0800

christineb141
9/4/19

I have shopped at Iceland since they first opened and have always been reasonably satisfied , but teasontly a new Iceland had opened in the merrion centre Leeds . It never holds much of the goods that their other shops hold . If you complain all you get back from the assistants you are told that's all we have the attitude is take it or leave it . There is only ever one checkout open no matter how many people are waiting . Quite a few of the checkout assistants take more time gossiping Than looking after the people who pays their wages . If there not careful this branch will go the same way as the Kirkstall road branch which is due to close anytime now which behaved the same way .

avinashp8
9/3/19

Had a embarrassing incident at Willow Brook Iceland ( Bradley Stoke branch, Bristol ) We bought Spicy chicken wings which had a "Yellow Sticker" of reduced price, but NO price was written on the sticker. At the checkout counter lady named "Carly" asked "If i need my receipt?" we said Yes & I found that we paid Full price for it. On asking her she said "There's no price written on it & called her colleague "Jordan" to double check it. Whilst this happened Carly asked me "Do you want to buy it or not?" I felt embarrassed cause before getting it checked she asked me this rather embarassing question.

Jordan came back saying the price is right which we originally paid & Yellow sticker is just to let check out counter staff to know that its a Half price thing. We also noticed by this time Jordan has already taken off the Yellow Sticker from the bag! Carly called "Sophie" the manager to have a word with me as I wasn't happy. Sophie also asked me the same question "If i wanted to buy it or not?" & she also showed me the sticker from the freezer counter

I think Carly, Jordan & Sophie really need lessons How to treat their customers & How they should speak with them & Not make customer feel embarrassed. If they've put a "Half Price Yellow Sticker" THEY SHOULD HONOUR IT.

I'll urge people shopping at this Branch to take their receipt & DOUBLE CHECK if things they bought in Reduced Price are being honoured or not?

Just over a month ago they did similar thing by Reducing "Nestle Coffee creamer" & not honouring it at the check out. I only found out by getting my receipt & checking on it. People are getting more Eco Friendly & not taking their receipts to save Trees, But staffs of Iceland have different trick of "NOT HONOURING THE REDUCED PRICE"

Just wanted to make everybody AWARE of these things happening at ICELAND BRADLEY STOKE, BRISTOL. I'm very embarrassed ( Along with my Kids ) in front of all their staffs who don't know how to speak with their customers. Will not recommend anybody to go there, If they keep the same sort of attitude towards their customers.

bexs2
11/30/17

I do my fortnightly shopping on here, love the site but wish they offered more discounts like other online stores.

opheliar
6/10/17

I've used Iceland home delivery since they started back in the late 90s. They were the first high street grocery store to deliver in my area. Unfortunately over the past 6 months their standards have dropped so much that I have stopped using them. The main issues are very poor quality of fresh produce, items on or past their use-by dates and defrosted frozen produce. After having to throw away 1/3 of my last delivery as unusable, I called a halt. I've talked to customer service, written to them, taken picture of melted warm liquid ice cream taken only minutes after the driver has left. But they are not interested. The last response came from a no-reply e-mail address....asking me to reply with more information!! That told me that they have no interest in raising their standards back to where they used to be. I think (at least in my area, south London), they are palming off almost unsellable goods to minimise their stock write-offs. Very sad, but won't be using them anymore. Customer loyalty and quality service mean nothing to them.

Questions? Get answers from the Iceland staff and other customers.

Iceland?