Review of Ic3.gov

Ic3.gov reviews

26 reviews with 1 star

camilled46
10/28/19
This review, but they are taking up a lot of space and a lot of time. Entity IC3 being before the FBI and NCMEC on the IC3 website; IC3 needs to be more respectful, reliable, and trustworthy. Why is a complaint I submit a "complaint referral"?
larryr219
8/28/19
There's no way to follow-up and I've never been contacted. Highly doubtful that anyone reads 99% of these. Sure go ahead and do it but it's really not worth the time, effort and the getting your hopes up.
Typical government BS.
carlr228
8/19/19
Waste of time filing the form. It takes some effort and time to fill in all the info they ask for, and there is absolutely no follow-up. It's like shouting into a black hole. Might as well not bother wasting your time.
krystleh
7/24/19
i should know better by now than to shop as these bootleg online sites. I saw 2 nice affordable wigs that i thought i would like. I finaly get them and its 2 of the same #1 and #2 they look bad. I reach out to customer service like the site says. They reply 2x and when i asked for the return address like they said they would provide, they stop replying. So with that being said dont bother ordering from them the pix did NOT match the items they sent me at all.

Tip for consumers: dont bother. if the item isnt what you thought they will stop responding to you. What kind of customer service is that ?!!

mariac471
12/12/18
Ic3.gov is useless , and sad . This should raise a red flag to getting this site working . There is a glitch with the site . They direct you to use Ic3.gov and they have no idea what's their directing people to. I was sent to file a complaint here and there's a glitch with their site,
People try this : https://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx
Hope this helps
brycen4
12/2/18
If filling about a form about a scam makes you feel better, go for it.

There's no clear path for any sort of followup. It's just submitting a form that in theory a law enforcement agency might look at. I found the local law enforcement won't investigate Internet scams at all, they just send you to ic3.gov. Pointless.
melanier98
10/23/18
I have spent hours in the last two days trying to file a complaint and there is a glitch in their own system. No wonder all these scammers are getting away with things. Beware bernedoodlespets.com SCAM
manum13
7/14/18
I filed complaint that my credit card information has been hacked and they gave me Complaint Id: I*******327312 but now I cannot even track my own id.

Tip for consumers: Poor quality service. Better not to have.

herbertm40
5/11/18
Not only is IC3 useless. Now, with the new 2018 tax law changes, I can't even get any tax losses in my tax returns! Something is wrong here.
jw204
5/10/18
I guess the complaint forms just go into a virtual trash can. No one ever got back to me for any sort of update. I don't expect them to fly to Hong Kong and knock on every door. But an email about the status would help. Thanks for nothing "state and/or federal agencies..." Our tax dollars at work.
jeannep14
11/9/17
Its useless and scammers are having a field day. I lost everything and heard nothing from IC3 after filing TWICE
danc126
11/3/17
I am a victim of credit card fraud committed in Calf, I live in Kansas. Neither jurisdictions will accept a complaint. Crime not committed where I live nor do I live where the crime was committed. So I thought I would file a complaint with Ic3.gov because the criminals appear to have a Russian like and my ba part of a much larger fraud ring. HOWEVER it is hard to file a complaint when the website is not working! The date of the crime field will not let you enter a date. Without a date the complaint cannot be submitted. Extremely poor
jeanineh5
8/1/17
Very frustrating that after providing elaborate information, go to submit and message says email address not in correct format. Yes, it is, and info is being sent from a hard wired computer, not Iphone, tablet, etc.
Ther eisd NO # for tech support either. Anyone else have this problem?
desw3
6/28/17
Okay, I just wasted time writing to these people, thought I was being helped out but what ive seen so far in the reviews makes me lose hope for the resolve of my complaint.

Still, I thank everyone for their reviews...
Have a nice day ic3
elan51
6/13/17
I submitted to IC3 in January 3 complaints about a Nigerian scam with American citizens as mules, and I haven't got for any of them a file number and not any answer. FBI should investigate these cases and catch the criminals. If they don't do this, it means USA is supporting international crime.
kimberlyt37
6/3/17
THIS IS A COMPLAINT! Pure and simple. For the send time this year, my husband was told he was selected for a $9,000, nonrefundable grant. To release these funds, he had to go to Walmart, Dollar Store, or 7/11, and then call he, and she would tell him which card to buy to pay a Federal Reserve Registration Fee of $200! They actually have our bank account routing # and account #! We have almost $700 in that account that must go to certain bills. SOMEONE, PLEASE STOP THESE OVERSEAS ROBBERIES! We barely make it on what we bring in as it is!!!!PLEASE HELP STOP THIS FRAUD NOW!!!!!
brendaleep
5/1/17
I have filed two complaints at different dates and more money was given to Army Veteran. Have not heard a word from you people is this just a read a complaint form and have a good laugh ,or is there law abiding people who do something about these complaints. This is really quite disturbing, and no help or no letter telling me what is going to happen. I guess I will go thru to Fox News they are willing to take my story and make sure I let them know what kind of help your IC3 is. WHAT A FRICKENING JOKE. Brendalee Parisian
vikramkumars
4/17/17
Useless, waste of time. They have no capabilities. It is a showbusiness of FBI. I complained for huge loss due to cybercrimes in 2015. Nothing happened. Shameful for FBI to run such department where there is no feedback at all.
janed207
4/14/17
yes, why does it even exist because they never investigate it? I have been rudely told by FBI to file an IC3 which is actually just a way to shut individuals of serious or minor cybercrimes up. At least before, crimes were taken seriously.
dianec87
1/28/17
I have been pervasively hacked for 5+ years now and know the perpetrator. I was unable to even complete the form online as he had control of my hardware. I did get a reply e-mail with a case number when he felt like letting it through. Can't communicate excess through hacked networks so what was point as couldn't submit evidence, get status and nothing ever done. Ruined my life and is very sophisticated that I was told they should be interested but no. Talked to EFF as he started to make it look like I was engaging iin illegal acts, they said that is common. You allowed my life to be destroyed. Now I want to make a FOIA Request.
timk70
11/12/16
You might as well not waste your time complaining to the sites. My family and I found out our mother was scammed out of her life savings of $200,000 and I went onto the sites to write a complaint almost one year ago. All you do is you get an automated email saying that they received it in the appropriate person Will be contacted and then you never hear from them again. I needed to go onto the updates of the complaint so that I could print it out for mom's tax attorney and the link they sent me does not work. This is absolutely useless websites in a poor excuse for a government intervention. If you don't have a terrorist threat to report then they're not interested in your complaints at all. It will be a complete waste of your time so I wouldn't even bother with the FBI. It's just useless and uncalled for. This division needs to be completely eliminated try and find somebody who actually cares and will actually do something to help.
phyllisf18
8/30/16
Filled out complaint the date wouldn't enter so would not send it. No number to call.
emmylour
7/22/16
Submitted complaint got no confirmation email no confirmation case number no password or link to check status.

What these employees get paid for a job to do nothing and with my assumption here based on my complaint and not legal response received required they send to me they pick and choose who they want to file a complaint against. What a job to work get paid and not do the job. Who cares right?
lorenk8
4/19/16
I submitted a fraud complaint to ic3.gov and received a reply email (from *****@ic3.com) with my complaint ID and password. This is the only time I was ever contacted and I had no email address or phone number to contact them. I periodically logged in to see the status of my case. My status never changed for a year. Then my case just disappeared. There was no case with that Complaint ID.

My "case" went to a government "Black Hole"!
jhond4
2/5/16
still need money back

even if the site is down by FBI it would still be fair to get the money back from sites like this instead of just taking the site down... that alone does not over all complete the solution to the situation. their are still angry people that got scammed and want their money back please fix this.

i dont know if its real of just another scam, this is the second complaint i gave them in the the past 5 years and nothing was done about the last one. i think this ic3 is total fake just like anonymous not real. i cant even find them for help and they claim to be a hacktivist group for stuff like cyber crime revenge ect ...well i need help where are they? not helping just like this ic3 who give you 1 reply saying this is the only contact basically, then you dont know if anything is even being done. i recalled the cyber crime investigations department and they told me if ic3 does not recontact you it may not be for the fbi... well if not the people who fame all over the internet spamming that they can help you cant help you, what the hell kinda country am i living in?................ its all fake bad guys win and its looking to be more profitable to be the robber than the victim just saying....not like i can really know or anything since theirs no contact from ic3 or the fbi or anything....Horrible ..Horrible ...shaking my head..

Were you able to get the number? I spent hours filling out the form but it won't file - telling me the Captcha questions needs to be answered but I answered all the questions.

By Lillian A.

I filed a IC3 complaint over my older son and I can't find it so it can be reported to the US attorney I have family who did fraud, not myself.

By Michelle G.

Questions? Get answers from the Ic3.gov staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Ic3.gov