Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
3.2 / 5
ResellerRatings
1 / 5

iBoats has a consumer rating of 3.13 stars from 106 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. iBoats ranks 5th among Boat Parts sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.6%

No positive highlights yet

• Chatted with customer service and they said the sale prices is the price that comes up, there is no specific sale?

“Pettit Topside Paint Purchase”

Dan S.
6/14/21

I ordered x4 quarts of Pettit paint for a boat project that I could not find any where else on-line (some sites had two or three of the colors I needed, but not all four). After I ordered them I found this review site and began to loose confidence after reading some of the reviews. Kudos to iBoats though - they came through! Four quarts of paint arrived three days after I ordered them and were exactly what I ordered. Can't say why any one else had any troubles but I am very pleased and wanted to share this for other's sake. Great job iBoats - five stars!

“Worst Customer Service EVER”

Jackie L.
9/20/21

While the reps I spoke to could not have been more polite and honestly gave me the impression they were knowledgeable about their products, I spent literally hours over days on hold and with reps that never resolved my problem. Promises of follow-ups were never kept and I finally ordered the missing part from my order elsewhere at my added expense to just get away from this order. It's a shame - they have good prices and a lot of good products, but I can't deal with this lack of service.

customer service (12)
October 20th, 2020

Buyer beware! I ordered from iboats over a month ago. I've called as well as emailed numerous times and have not recieved a response, nor can they be reached by phone. I've gotten NO REPLY at all! No product has shown up and the tracking number they sent does not work. My only recourse at this point is to dispute through my bank and warn others, so they can avoid a similar experience.
I ended up ordering from another company and received my shipment in less than week.

November 29th, 2021

One of the worst forums for boaters out there. Run by a bunch of grumpy old guys. If you want a self proclaimed know-it-all (who knows less than you) giving you a worthless diatribe that doesn't nothing to answer you questions, then this is the place for you.

The moderator's are worthless and basically clueless too. One of the worst forums I've ever visited. After two days, I demanded they delete my profile.

June 14th, 2020

Ordered an "In Stock" propeller on 6/2/20, got a confirmation e-mail saying it would be shipped on 6/4/20, with an arrival date of 6/11/20. Checked the status on 6/8/20, and saw it had not shipped yet. Sent several e-mails, none were returned. Tried to call, got a worthless phone tree, no one answers. It's now 6/14/20, and the item still hasn't shipped, and my e-mails go unanswered. If I could get a live person I'd cancel the transaction. If you need your parts in a timely manner, DO NOT do business with this company.

September 20th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Good luck if something isn't right!

Bomar Hatch

October 5th, 2021

We ordered 13" post for our lakesport seat mount. They sent a 15" post! Went we called customer service, they said they sent the right part saying they dont count the 2" that goes into the base of the boat! That we need to send it back at our expense and order an 11" post. REALLY! We ordered a 13 " post and they made a mistake, but wont admit to it. They must think we are stupid!

August 6th, 2021

Iboats is a broker and if you have an issue they tell you to contact the manufacturer thats IF you van get through to Iboats customer service, took me days. In addition I used there prop selector after entering all my engine information they sent wrong prop and hub... Returns are impossible. If you buy here stop payment immediately and then if item is correct undispute the charge. SCAM site be careful im still waiting for my return label which was never sent.

April 5th, 2022

I ordered something from their site. Got confirmation email but never a shipping email. They will not take a phone call for shipping issues, only emails to customer service. I have now written my second email and still no response. No way to cancel the order either. They take your money with no problem but then hold you hostage in hopes that some day you'll receive your order. Never buying from them again. I will be reporting to better business bureau as well. Hope this saves someone else the headache of dealing with them

Dont

Haven’t yet

October 6th, 2021

October 6,2021 "iBoats" I ordered a Prop Yam SS V6 16 and when it arrived I tested it out, and it didn't work. I attempted to return this so-called "returnable" item, and the company said if it came out of the box and was in the water then it is used and they will not refund my money. And so I've lost $360.00 and iBoats has lost a customer… oh well. Anybody wanna buy a prop? - H. Thompson

Tip for consumers:
don't try the product if you might want to return it...

none from iBoats

July 16th, 2019

I'm pretty certain I ordered a bimini top for SQUARE bimini frame. I got one for round. This will not work for my boat. I ordered just cover and boot. I received complete cover, boot, round poles and hardware. Wasting my time and summer now.

May 29th, 2020

Ordered from iboats a couple weeks ago. I've called and left voicemails numerous times as well as emailed. I've gotten NO REPLY at all! No product has shown up or shipped. Guess I'll have to dispute the charges with my CC.

June 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered a hitch from iBoats that I needed quickly. I paid extra for the 2nd Day Air shipping, but iBoats sent it via standard Ground. I called and spoke with a manager who told me I could refuse the package since it was their error. I did so, but now they have refused the package on their end. I called customer service numerous times, but no one answers. After you are on hold for 5 or so minutes, the system asks for your phone number for a "call back." When you enter it, it abruptly tells you goodbye, and no one calls back. I sent three emails, none of which have been responded to. At this point, they have hundreds of dollars of mine, but since no one answers phones at the company, or returns calls, I have no way to get it back. Off to the BBB to file a complaint...

I did discover that if you hit * after the system answers, you can then get to the company directory. If you hit 527, you will be sent to the voicemail of Jason, who is in charge of service. He does not actually answer the phone, but I will be leaving messages on a regular basis until someone calls me back. I do understand that the "pandemic" has caused staffing issues, but if you cannot stand behind your sales, then close up shop until you can.

August 14th, 2020

Ordered 2 items, showed as shipped in same shipment. Only 1 item delivered.
Customer Service completely non-responsive. Now a month later submitting 4th communication seeking resolution.
At this point seeking refund so I can do business elsewhere.

June 2nd, 2020

I ordered a skeg for my boat about a week before Memorial Day. I got a confirmation of the order a couple business days went by and no tracking number. I called and emailed, no response, next day still nothing, so I sent an email to cancel the order and I ordered the part from a different supplier luckily they get it to me and I was able to mount it before the holiday weekend. Still no word from iboats. Then I get an email with the tracking number, the tracking info shows I had contacted them in plenty of time long before the shipping label was printed. Now I'm stuck with a skeg and crickets regarding a RA #. They have disappointed me because I have used them before with success.

July 1st, 2020

I placed a order online 6/15/2020 did not get a email stating it was shipped, on 6/18/2020 I canceled the order online because they would not answer the phone still no response so I sent another email on 6/23/2020 and canceled it again 2 hours later I get a email saying the part has shipped. Now I have a part I do not need and can't send it back because they don't answer the phone or replay to emails. Do not buy from " I BOATS"

June 8th, 2020

Worst service anywhere.
Order 2 products on 5/15/20 now 6/8/20 still have not received 1 of them.
On one answers the phone and emails are not returned.
Company must have went out of business put they have not taken down the web site

September 7th, 2017

Just got it and put it on. Everything seemed good. Time will tell. Didn't come with enough straps for all the hold down loops. Had to use two of my own bungee cords.

March 1st, 2022
Verified purchase

Their standard response was "I don't know when your order will ship" every week for 2 months. Finally after hearing their robotic response I canceled my order

October 11th, 2021

IBoats acknowledged sending the wrong part. We installed it (not noticing or even being aware of the possibility of prop blades going the wrong direction) called to exchange the part and were told that we were SOL because it had been "used".

May 6th, 2020

Paid extra for second day shipping and they don't process the order for over a week. So yeah, it will ship in two days, whenever they get off their lazy asses and put it in a box. Ordered April 28th and still hasn't shipped as of May 6. Item was listed "In Stock".

June 14th, 2021

July 28th, 2020

Multiple email and phone calls unanswered about my order I have not received. Do not do business with this company. Using covid 19 for your lack of service is despicable.

June 6th, 2020

There system identified a prop that would "FIT" my drive and it would not, took way to much time to get the return and extra phone call, then I am expected to Pay return shipping (on a stainless prop) Yeah I want to eat all the original shipping and insurance and shipping to return for their MISTAKES...

Do not shop with these people

June 15th, 2021

I have called and left my number with no call back three times. I sent an email. They sent me an email I sent them a pick of my item that was not correct and no I get no response.

August 26th, 2021

I believe iboats ships you the incorrect part on purpose to steal your money by making the return process extremely difficult. Buyer beware.

Don't buy from iboats

None

June 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

Ordered a 21 pound slide anchor but what I got was an empty box that had been torn open on the side with nothing in the box but a balled up empty clear plastic bag. The plastic bag packaging had obviously been balled up and put back in the box after the anchor and cloth anchor storage bag were removed and the torn open box had been put back together to look like it had not been tampered with. There is no doubt the package contents were stolen, not simply lost due to shipping damage. I watched UPS deliver the box on Ring and went to the door and picked it up immediately so I know it was NOT stolen after delivery. It had to be either iboats or UPS employees.

Held for 37 minutes on the phone before getting a representative. After about 30 seconds of discussion placed back on hold. Held again for another 12 minutes. After another 30 seconds of conversation about a refund I'm placed back on hold. Finally the rep came back and claimed they would have to go through a dispute process before issuing a refund. This took a total of 55 minutes just to find out they aren't going to do anything about it. Luckily I paid through Paypal and I've filed a claim with them as well as through UPS.

I recommend you purchase your products somewhere else.

Since 1998, iboats is the most trusted water lifestyle online store for boat parts and accessories, boats for sale, and forums. Enjoy great priced products with fast shipping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iBoats?