HomeStars.ca

HomeStars.ca has a consumer rating of 2.99 stars from 98 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. HomeStars.ca also ranks 11th among Contractors sites. The most common issues with HomeStars.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently.
  • Mark came to the house (a very professional and caring young man) and determined where the problem was.

• I registered my company with HomeStars from more than 3 & half years.
  • Disgruntled employees are able to pose as customers and leave negative reviews (the investigation link is for show).
How would you rate HomeStars.ca?

“Carpet Cleaning”

Wayne B.
8/31/19

I had Oscar from Home Depot 126th Ave. S.E, Calgary, AB over to clean my carpets on 08/27/19. Oscar was on time, did a fantastic job. Very nice guy to deal with, very friendly and knowledgeable. Recommended and will use again inf the future.

“False advertising, they protect criminal...”

Bob C.
8/28/19

Buyer beware when using Homestars. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. The credentials contractors provide on HomeStars is NOT 100% ACCURATE. Contractors said to be Better Business Bureau accreddited ARE NOT ALL BBB members. HomeStars also knowingly keeps up contractor posts for companies that are fraudulent. One company in particular has been sued by several national banks and home owners, and has fled. His company website has been removed, his company registration has been revoked and removed, he fled his leased home and took his leased truck. Several people have posted about this individual, and HomeStars has made an effort to REMOVE those posts WARNING OTHERS not to get ripped off by this guy. All of my posts also warning others were removed and I was 'reminded of HomeStars stringent and honest and holier than though guidelines' when posting. They also state confidentiality reasons in preventing users from contacting each other in hopes of coordinating efforts to sue the jerk who ran off with all our money, to PROTECT the 'criminal' err I mean the contractor and other users and their identity. I'm sure they'll come back with a bunch of stuff about how I tried to post my email so the other person could contact me or how I basically said that the guy did not finish our project, never took out a permit, had us unknowingly sign a fake contract, and then took off with an unsafe structure with our money, using some fake excuse about his mother having cancer and dying (while he worked on several other projects and took their money too, before fleeing the city). His mother does not have cancer. But apparently HomeStars wants legal documents (none of their business) and other PROOF of our accusations before even CONSIDERING taking down an advertisement for a company that does not exist, portraying credentials that do not exist, and have deleted all the countless bad reviews that would have lowered his rating to a point where their own guidelines would have forced them to remove his profile. Until his paid subscription runs out HomeStars has no reason to remove a paying contractors ad from their site.

company (35) reviews (34) work (34) 10 score (4) convertible heating (4) bottom line (3) problem (8)
amarb
May 6th, 2018
Spiros Roofing came same day and replaced the shingles which came off the roof due to Friday's storm. They were extremely busy but they came asap to help me and were very courteous.
I shall use them again without hesitation.
Amar Banerjee
12 Victoria Ave. Unionville
marlenea
May 8th, 2015
Robert, a plumber with Mr. Rooter, arrived promptly and completed the installation in a thorough and diligent manner. He was also very courteous and followed up with a call the next day.
brentr14
January 12th, 2015
I give Home-Stars, 4..0 of 5.0, I have some major problems with them posting FALSE reviews with false facts and this hurts my company. They are a good tool if you combine it with other references like the BBB rating e.t.c., Some times you will use a good company and not be happy it doesn't mean they weren't a good company. Overall I recommend Home-Stars even though I have lost money over their web-site, this is mainly because the consumer puts to much weight on bad reviews and false negative reviews. I hope some day Home-Stars will allow a business to show facts of a false review and remove it ( alot of opinions contain false facts, Home-Stars should take this more seriously and make it very clear to reviewers false facts WILL NOT be tolerated) Brent Routley Owner M and M Moving Systems
graces39
August 25th, 2015
My husband always uses homesteads to find contractors. We were redoing our backyard interlocking and the front of our house. He found GTA landscaping located in Toronto who subcontracted a company by the name if Strong Base interlocking and construction. The guy came out and looked at the work to be done and gave us a estimate. Where do I begin. We first gave him a deposit of $200 this was in may, he said he would start in June. With all the wet weather we had we understood. So he came at the end of July to start. we waited a long time. He would make excuses when he didn't show up, it's too, family issues etc...... Then came to putting the interlock, we had existing interlock and he said he would get the same interlock. Not consulting with us first he got the wrong stone and started laying it down. My husband cones home and noticed right away, he said he was 150% sure it was the right stone. My husband argued back and forth, hr finally said our stone was discontinued, my husband said why he wasn't straight with us. My husband called 4 different companies and finally found one that still had it in stock. My husband called him and told him. He called his supplier to confirm and he did. He asked me what I wanted to do I said rip it all out and get the right stone. He wasn't happy and so the headache started. He told us that we would have to wait 4 weeks because he had other jobs to do. Is that professional? No! Do I called GTA landscaping and they contacted him and he said he would be there the following week on the Monday. Monday came and went to show, more excuses. He promised so may thing to us that he would do and never did. Finally my husband kept calling until he came to finish. We paid him and he said that he would be back to pick up materials that had to be disposed until now he hasn't showed up to pick it up. More excuses. I don't recommend this company at all. They promise so much and don't follow through. I'm tired of dealing with scum.

As a client of a contractor who has been on the listing for four years, I was very pleased with their work. I personally believe that a listed contractor should be listed for at least a year to see if he/she survives the scrutiny of the public before I hire them. Sorry to hear that you were defrauded 1500.00 by Hawthorne Kitchen Design, I don't know of them, but thanks for the warning.

By heath s.

Hi support

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HomeStars.ca staff and other customers.

With over 146 home improvement service categories in Canada, you can connect with a reputable home professional that will get the job done on HomeStars.

lesliea18
Leslie A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeStars.ca?

Have a question about HomeStars.ca?