HomeStars.ca

HomeStars.ca has a consumer rating of 3.09 stars from 117 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. HomeStars.ca also ranks 10th among Contractors sites. The most common issues with HomeStars.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 40.9%

• Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently.

• The more a company pays them, the better their reviews.
  • They say I need more reviews coming in, and things will pick up.
How would you rate HomeStars.ca?

“Very Happy With My New Bathroom Reno!”

Brenda M.
6/29/20

My out-dated 70's lime green bathroom needed to go, so I called a couple companies and decided to go with City Works. Their quote was fair, and also, I felt very comfortable with the Technicians who came out and took measurements, and gave me different options. The job was completed 3 days prior to their projected completion day, and the finished job is perfect! I am so happy with my new bathroom, and want to recommend City Works to everyone.

“Consumer beware”

Don K.
8/15/20

I have been reading Homestar's reviews on various services for years prior to hiring anyone and have come to the conclusion that they mostly only print positive reviews and ignore the negative ones as they accept payment from these suppliers. Hired a roofing contractor a few years back which had 100% positive reviews on Homestar. Ended with a disaster installation. Seemed that other contractors I had hired were very well aware of the dismal reputation that the roofing contractor had within the construction trades. Recently placed a negative review regarding a kitchen refinishing company which only stated facts. Was not printed.

company (43) reviews (39) work (39) 10 score (4) convertible heating (4) customer service (4) job (36) 2 years (3) bottom line (3) problem (8)
amarb
May 6th, 2018
Spiros Roofing came same day and replaced the shingles which came off the roof due to Friday's storm. They were extremely busy but they came asap to help me and were very courteous.
I shall use them again without hesitation.
Amar Banerjee
12 Victoria Ave. Unionville
graces39
August 25th, 2015
My husband always uses homesteads to find contractors. We were redoing our backyard interlocking and the front of our house. He found GTA landscaping located in Toronto who subcontracted a company by the name if Strong Base interlocking and construction. The guy came out and looked at the work to be done and gave us a estimate. Where do I begin. We first gave him a deposit of $200 this was in may, he said he would start in June. With all the wet weather we had we understood. So he came at the end of July to start. We waited a long time. He would make excuses when he didn't show up, it's too, family issues etc... Then came to putting the interlock, we had existing interlock and he said he would get the same interlock. Not consulting with us first he got the wrong stone and started laying it down. My husband cones home and noticed right away, he said he was 150% sure it was the right stone. My husband argued back and forth, hr finally said our stone was discontinued, my husband said why he wasn't straight with us. My husband called 4 different companies and finally found one that still had it in stock. My husband called him and told him. He called his supplier to confirm and he did. He asked me what I wanted to do I said rip it all out and get the right stone. He wasn't happy and so the headache started. He told us that we would have to wait 4 weeks because he had other jobs to do. Is that professional? No! Do I called GTA landscaping and they contacted him and he said he would be there the following week on the Monday. Monday came and went to show, more excuses. He promised so may thing to us that he would do and never did. Finally my husband kept calling until he came to finish. We paid him and he said that he would be back to pick up materials that had to be disposed until now he hasn't showed up to pick it up. More excuses. I don't recommend this company at all. They promise so much and don't follow through. I'm tired of dealing with scum.
marlenea
May 8th, 2015
Robert, a plumber with Mr. Rooter, arrived promptly and completed the installation in a thorough and diligent manner. He was also very courteous and followed up with a call the next day.
brentr14
January 12th, 2015
I give Home-Stars, 4.0 of 5.0, I have some major problems with them posting FALSE reviews with false facts and this hurts my company. They are a good tool if you combine it with other references like the BBB rating e. T. c., Some times you will use a good company and not be happy it doesn't mean they weren't a good company. Overall I recommend Home-Stars even though I have lost money over their web-site, this is mainly because the consumer puts to much weight on bad reviews and false negative reviews. I hope some day Home-Stars will allow a business to show facts of a false review and remove it ( alot of opinions contain false facts, Home-Stars should take this more seriously and make it very clear to reviewers false facts WILL NOT be tolerated) Brent Routley Owner M and M Moving Systems

As a client of a contractor who has been on the listing for four years, I was very pleased with their work. I personally believe that a listed Contractor should be listed for at least a year to see if he/she survives The scrutiny of the public before I hire them. Sorry to hear that you were defrauded 1500. 00 by Hawthorne Kitchen Design, I don't know of them, but thanks for the warning.

By heath s.

Hi support

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HomeStars.ca staff and other customers.

With over 146 home improvement service categories in Canada, you can connect with a reputable home professional that will get the job done on HomeStars.

lesliea18
Leslie A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeStars.ca?

Have a question about HomeStars.ca?