HomeStars.ca

HomeStars.ca has a consumer rating of 2.99 stars from 98 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. HomeStars.ca also ranks 11th among Contractors sites. The most common issues with HomeStars.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently.
  • Mark came to the house (a very professional and caring young man) and determined where the problem was.

• I registered my company with HomeStars from more than 3 & half years.
  • Disgruntled employees are able to pose as customers and leave negative reviews (the investigation link is for show).
How would you rate HomeStars.ca?

“Carpet Cleaning”

Wayne B.
8/31/19

I had Oscar from Home Depot 126th Ave. S.E, Calgary, AB over to clean my carpets on 08/27/19. Oscar was on time, did a fantastic job. Very nice guy to deal with, very friendly and knowledgeable. Recommended and will use again inf the future.

“False advertising, they protect criminal...”

Bob C.
8/28/19

Buyer beware when using Homestars. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. The credentials contractors provide on HomeStars is NOT 100% ACCURATE. Contractors said to be Better Business Bureau accreddited ARE NOT ALL BBB members. HomeStars also knowingly keeps up contractor posts for companies that are fraudulent. One company in particular has been sued by several national banks and home owners, and has fled. His company website has been removed, his company registration has been revoked and removed, he fled his leased home and took his leased truck. Several people have posted about this individual, and HomeStars has made an effort to REMOVE those posts WARNING OTHERS not to get ripped off by this guy. All of my posts also warning others were removed and I was 'reminded of HomeStars stringent and honest and holier than though guidelines' when posting. They also state confidentiality reasons in preventing users from contacting each other in hopes of coordinating efforts to sue the jerk who ran off with all our money, to PROTECT the 'criminal' err I mean the contractor and other users and their identity. I'm sure they'll come back with a bunch of stuff about how I tried to post my email so the other person could contact me or how I basically said that the guy did not finish our project, never took out a permit, had us unknowingly sign a fake contract, and then took off with an unsafe structure with our money, using some fake excuse about his mother having cancer and dying (while he worked on several other projects and took their money too, before fleeing the city). His mother does not have cancer. But apparently HomeStars wants legal documents (none of their business) and other PROOF of our accusations before even CONSIDERING taking down an advertisement for a company that does not exist, portraying credentials that do not exist, and have deleted all the countless bad reviews that would have lowered his rating to a point where their own guidelines would have forced them to remove his profile. Until his paid subscription runs out HomeStars has no reason to remove a paying contractors ad from their site.

company (35) reviews (34) work (34) 10 score (4) convertible heating (4) bottom line (3) problem (8)
williamh180
July 7th, 2016
After two days of trying to unblock a pipe from our basement to no avail, I turned to professional help, Mr. Rooter. Less than a hour from my first call, George Shakh arrived and with his camera equipment showed me the blockage, 44 feet from my bathroom.
We discussed what needed to be done and within 15 minutes I had a quote, accepted it, he made a appointment for the next day. Three men arrived by 8:30 and began work. By 4:00 they found the pipe 8 1/2down and repaired it. A very hot humid day, Alex, Andrew, and Eugene all went beyond the call to finish the job. A huge Thank You to all for a great experience and I will definitely call for future help.
Thanks,Bill Hope

As a client of a contractor who has been on the listing for four years, I was very pleased with their work. I personally believe that a listed contractor should be listed for at least a year to see if he/she survives the scrutiny of the public before I hire them. Sorry to hear that you were defrauded 1500.00 by Hawthorne Kitchen Design, I don't know of them, but thanks for the warning.

By heath s.

Hi support

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HomeStars.ca staff and other customers.

With over 146 home improvement service categories in Canada, you can connect with a reputable home professional that will get the job done on HomeStars.

lesliea18
Leslie A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeStars.ca?

Have a question about HomeStars.ca?