HomeStars.ca

HomeStars.ca has a consumer rating of 3.09 stars from 117 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. HomeStars.ca also ranks 10th among Contractors sites. The most common issues with HomeStars.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 40.9%

• Convertible Heating & Air Conditioning installed our new furnace recently.

• The more a company pays them, the better their reviews.
  • They say I need more reviews coming in, and things will pick up.
How would you rate HomeStars.ca?

“Very Happy With My New Bathroom Reno!”

Brenda M.
6/29/20

My out-dated 70's lime green bathroom needed to go, so I called a couple companies and decided to go with City Works. Their quote was fair, and also, I felt very comfortable with the Technicians who came out and took measurements, and gave me different options. The job was completed 3 days prior to their projected completion day, and the finished job is perfect! I am so happy with my new bathroom, and want to recommend City Works to everyone.

“Consumer beware”

Don K.
8/15/20

I have been reading Homestar's reviews on various services for years prior to hiring anyone and have come to the conclusion that they mostly only print positive reviews and ignore the negative ones as they accept payment from these suppliers. Hired a roofing contractor a few years back which had 100% positive reviews on Homestar. Ended with a disaster installation. Seemed that other contractors I had hired were very well aware of the dismal reputation that the roofing contractor had within the construction trades. Recently placed a negative review regarding a kitchen refinishing company which only stated facts. Was not printed.

company (43) reviews (39) work (39) 10 score (4) convertible heating (4) customer service (4) job (36) 2 years (3) bottom line (3) problem (8)
patrickp361
July 23rd, 2020
Hi, invoice # 73462 was much higher than expected. The call back was for a bbq issue, the service person Craig, did a furnace check (which had been done), a fireplace check and he replaced the BBQ outlet. I was told that I would be paying only for parts but was billed for all the above. We are not happy about the bill.
williamh180
July 7th, 2016
After two days of trying to unblock a pipe from our basement to no avail, I turned to professional help, Mr. Rooter. Less than a hour from my first call, George Shakh arrived and with his camera equipment showed me the blockage, 44 feet from my bathroom.
We discussed what needed to be done and within 15 minutes I had a quote, accepted it, he made a appointment for the next day. Three men arrived by 8:30 and began work. By 4:00 they found the pipe 8 1/2down and repaired it. A very hot humid day, Alex, Andrew, and Eugene all went beyond the call to finish the job. A huge Thank You to all for a great experience and I will definitely call for future help.
Thanks, Bill Hope

As a client of a contractor who has been on the listing for four years, I was very pleased with their work. I personally believe that a listed Contractor should be listed for at least a year to see if he/she survives The scrutiny of the public before I hire them. Sorry to hear that you were defrauded 1500. 00 by Hawthorne Kitchen Design, I don't know of them, but thanks for the warning.

By heath s.

Hi support

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the HomeStars.ca staff and other customers.

With over 146 home improvement service categories in Canada, you can connect with a reputable home professional that will get the job done on HomeStars.

lesliea18
Leslie A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HomeStars.ca?

Have a question about HomeStars.ca?