Healthful Chat

Healthful Chat has a consumer rating of 1.89 stars from 44 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Healthful Chat also ranks 132nd among Health Information sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 17.6%

• Peer support site with over 50 different channels for mental, physical and mental illnesses.
  • This went on nightly when there were no other mods available.

• One of these disgusting moderators is named "Forever"
  • So, bullying does occur among chatters and moderators.
How would you rate Healthful Chat?

“What a hidden treasure”

Pyramid D.
6/30/20

I was so pleased to come across this free site, where I've made friends and developed acquaintances that understand my heath conditions. This is not professional counselling, but to me, it's even better... it introduces me to people that understand exactly what I'm going through. I can't thank this site enough for everything they and it's kind members have offered me. Thank you.

“Not great”

Myriah U.
6/6/20

Though some of the users can be nice the mods tend to be over zealous, there are many things you can't discuss and if you discuss any one topic for too long they'll ask you to stop- and if you don't your banned. This hasn't happended to me but I've seen it with issues about parents, abortion, addiction, LGBT issues. So I would say this service really isn't inclusive and others have highlighted that the mods can and actually do bully.

moderators (22) chatters (18) people (24) peer support (4) doesn (7) chat rooms (4) room assistants (4) mods (8) health issues (3)
pyramidd
June 30th, 2020

Thank you.
stepht17
October 21st, 2019
This is the best site i have ever visited EVERY Moderator & RA are Awesome! Much Love from Me!:-)
mikeyc6
May 7th, 2019
This is a good place to find help. As noted in other reviews there are some issues with some chatters and with moderators. The option to ignore anyone who is bothersome exists - the ignore feature. It's a good feature. We're all there with our own mental health issues so of course we're going to clash. Ignore is the only way to find some peace and I'm happy site has the option.

As for the moderators: they are volunteers who are also chatters. They are not perfect. They try. They put up with a lot, including some chatters who were rightfully banned stalking them and threatening their lives and the lives of their families.

Rules are posted that are to be read prior to entering site. Many chatters don't even read them and then get defensive and abusive when the moderators try to enforce the rules. Their "buddies" then team together to fight the moderators.

In my opinion:

Forever - best moderator who gets a lot of hate because she does try to ensure site rules and chatter safety.

Jameson - decent moderator who will help chatters and listens to you if you are decent to her.

Cally - super sweet, caring, helpful

Tranquilspirit - not overly active, but no issues with so far

Swamptoast - not overly active, but the few interactions I've had were satisfying

Parzival - takes frequent breaks from chat, but when he is moderating seems to want to help

There are two moderators I avoid completely whenever possible - Southerngent and bros

Southerngent has been kind and helpful at times and mean at times. The meanness is why I avoid him; you never know which you're going to get.

Bros seemed okay, but he misses a lot. There was trolling going on, these two or three chatters would set chatters they didn't like up. When the chatters responded after being harassed they would bring it to bros attention. Bros then muted the targeted chatter. Every single time. This went on nightly when there were no other mods available. He's either biased or his gaming while in chat makes it so he can't make good calls.
Both Southerngent and Bros will out chatters in room and instead of taking it to pm they will argue with the chatter right in room, which is disruptive, something we're asked to not be.

Honestly if you go this site and follow the rules, don't argue with the moderators, ignore the trolls, use the ignore feature, and avoid the moderators you clash with it goes well in Healthfulchat.
marieb130
August 29th, 2017
Peer support site with over 50 different channels for mental, physical and mental illnesses. It is well moderated with respect for all. For ages 16+ it is a great source for understanding, compassion and companionship.

Healthful Chat is legit. Many of the negative reviews here are not. The wording and that names have been changed, but reviewed with the same content and on the same day, are indication the same person keeps reviewing. Myself personally am a Healthful Chat chatter who has used the site for several years and been helped by it, rather than a "sponsor" (whatever that is) as I've been accused of here. All the negative reviews are obviously disgruntled chatters who have been asked to follow the rules by moderators and now have a vendetta against the site. Use the site properly and follow the rules, respect the mods and room assistants, and you will get help from Healthful Chat. I see your type in Healthful Chat consistently and what you're doing in this review process is very apparent. I've even seen disgruntled chatters go to reddit and request people to join them in trolling stayathome78, forever and one other moderator. Very pathetic.

See more answers (6)

Easy to use, friendly and the variety of having numerous subject room.

See more answers (4)

Many chatters, including room assistants and moderators, have helped me. They've supported me with struggles with my conditions, motivated me to improve my lifestyle, and encouraged me to seek treatment. The Healthfulchat behind the scenes staff went the extra mile to fix a very serious issue I was facing. Very much appreciated!

By S J.
See more answers (3)

You're being trolled via the Notice feature in NickServ. Someone does not like you for whatever reason or sees that you will respond to trolling so has chosen to target you. If you don't respond they stop trying and will leave you alone. If you send this to report content or speak to a moderator they will permit a name change for you. Being a victim of trolling is unfortunately a repercussion of using the internet, it is up to you whether or not you want to add fuel to the fire.

By Mikey C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Healthful Chat staff and other customers.

Peer support health community, including: health chat rooms, mental health chat rooms, heath forums, peer support health social networking

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Healthful Chat?

Have a question about Healthful Chat?