Review of HealthCare.com

Miami, FL 33137, US
Tel: +1 877-626-1943
info@healthcare.com

HON Certified

HealthCare.com complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for HealthCare.com.

ilt
12/20/18

Another scam site. After offering a HC plan from top-rated Providence for $261/mo, the online policy page showed a non-name junk-rated company. When I inquired about the unannounced chance, I was switched to 'Daniel,' who claimed that the Providence plan is not avail;able in WA. Daniel screamed at me that it wasn't a big deal..... This site is a scam; avoid it!

ningz
11/20/18

Received thousands call trying to sell me insurance from the day I input my information in this website one years ago!!!!!!

pamelaw165
11/8/18

I called thinking I would get a quote and written policy information. Bill (no last name) told me he was a licensed agent. Gave me a quote of $503/month, $0 out of pocket, PPO group plan. That seemed too good to be true. Then he mentioned the $125 application fee. I have NEVER paid a fee to apply for insurance.

He pushed me for a cc and I told him I wanted to read the policy information first. He talked 5 minutes non stop about him nit risking a $50,000 fine, 30 day money back guarantee, only 2 spots in the group, etc.

I received a text and 4 phone calls within 5 minutes of terminating the call. They are bad news.

The moral of the story - pay attention to the web address.

chanceg8
8/13/18

For the last 2 days i have received over 10 calls per hour from 3 numbers trying to sell me insurance. I have requested to be on the do not call list twice, and when i asked to speak to a manager, they hung up on me.. it took me threatening legal action on the healthcare.com facebook messaging for them to stop.

paulw473
8/10/18

Should have known better. Was just looking for some different rates but the immediately was bombarded with so many calls. Not sure why they keep on calling after I told multiple people I wasn't interested.

richs101
7/9/18

I tried to get some information online, I some how got into a endless loop and could not seem to get a quote. Since then our company have been getting 10 to 15 robo calls a day. That was 7 days ago. It have been very disruptive to our sales since we have to answer every call. When it was not a robo call, and I got to talk to someone, they hung up as soon as I asked why are they calling me so many times.

bobl138
3/28/18

horrible lying scammers at the lowest level. Just ask to see the policy in writing in the first few words. Even if you you're not interested they ignore it and keep going.
They resist saying their true company name until you press them. If they do tell you, look up the company on BBB ..... horrible. They are selling a health related product ... but its nothing you need whatsoever. Its total farce.

insurances
3/1/18

Like other reviews, I've had 50 calls in the last two days. Only one rep said that was BS to get all these calls. I just started answering and hanging up immediately. The agents that call should be ashamed of what they do. At least find a respectable line of work. Despicable!

bobj162
1/15/18

desperate for healthcare, started applying for quotes. less than a minute after submitting application, bombarded with phone calls. Received every hour since signup. Emailed support to be removed from call list, but no response. Terrible website and terrible service.

Tip for consumers: Stay away.

kw196
12/9/17

We tried to get health coverage and paid the application fee. When we called back the next day to ask some questions, they hung up on us. We never received the quote by email. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY! DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST!

robertb538
11/20/17

Never pay an app fee. I am a license insurance agent. we are not allowed to charge app fees it is against the law go to healthcare.gov if you need coverage. an app fee is never charged. contact the attorney general in your state and insurance commissoner as well. get detailed info if healthcare.com asks for an app fee.

nevidn
10/14/17

Healthcare.com is a private site, not associated with .gov.
If you want no obligation quote on premium and to see whether or not you qualify for ATPC (tax credit) and CSR (Cost Share Reduction) go to healthcare.gov

sm1144
10/5/17

Customer service was rude. Had to put personal info on their request for info. Got a call right away. They asked if it was for pregnancy insurance. Then they asked if I needed healthcare today. When I said "no" it was for open enrollment, they hung up!

cb224
7/28/17

My mom ignorantly put my info. into this site trying to find a health insurance quote for me.
It is against the LAW set by the FTC to not provide a customer with a first and last name and name and address of the company if you are calling to solicit - I could get none of these questions answered when they called me.
I had to threaten, on the 30th phone call in 3 days, that my lawyer was sitting next to me to get taken off the list. Even then, I felt threatened on the phone.
I cannot believe that what this "company" is doing is legal... can we do something?

dawng47
7/27/17

I called just asking for information on how to contact one of the Insurance companies they represent and the rep very rudely said "We don't do that and then just hung up!" I am from a physicians office.. that's not good PR

stefaniek2
7/20/17

It is a nightmare. They gave out my number and i have received over 70 calls and texts in the last 3 hours. I have called three times to have them take me off their list but the calls keep coming.

peters278
11/15/16

DO NOT USE, THEY WILL CALL NON STOP, MOST OF THE MALE SALESMEN WILL HANG UP IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SAY PREEXISTING CONDITION. FEMALE SALESPEOPLE SHOW MORE POLITE.

margaretc74
9/1/16

Called the number to get a quote. The quote sounded too good to be real. Would not send me any written information without first giving them a cc #. I hung up immediately. Stay away from this alleged insurance quote service. Go directly to providers in your area who are subject to state insurance fraud laws.

andreaw50
8/11/16

I made the mistake of giving my phone number when looking for health insurance for my husband and now I get anywhere from 6-12 calls a day starting at 7 am. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

yvettea8
5/23/16

I called and talked to a so called "state representative" she convinced me to give her my cc number by saying that they would only charge the app fee and that the first 10 days of the policy were free. I told her I could not pay the full premium because I didn't get paid until later. She assured me that it was only going to be 20 dollars. Not the case, they immediately tried charging the full first months payment even though I told them I did not authorize it. It took me an hour of saying no I don't want it to get them to finally cancel the application. I realized that it was just a telemarketing type of business and the one supervisor was yelling at me the whole time saying that the payment had already been processed. Horrible business!!!

heatherj18
2/26/16

EXTREMELY pushy and kept asking for my credit card number, assuming I was agreeing to the insurance policy they were explaining to me. One of the agents made a rude comment basically calling me dumb because I didn't understand all the details of the plan. He never explained all the details to me so I had to ask! I kept saying I wanted to speak with my husband before I made any decisions, but they said there were only a few openings left and if I didn't commit right then, I'd lose my plan and would never find a better one. (just those comments show how sketchy they are) Anyway, they're rude and super pushy. It seemed like they were going to take my cc number and charge me a ton of money. DO NOT TRUST THEM! I can't believe they go home at night after a day of work and feel totally okay about scamming innocent people. These people are rude and take your information to sell it to other companies for their own benefit. Who knows what they do with the credit card information they collect. THEY WON'T STOP CALLING ME!

mollyd8
2/26/16

I was suckered into this site thinking it was healthcare.org. While talking to one of their representatives, it became clear that the plans they were selling were too good to be true. A PPO with NO deductible, NO out of pocket expenses for $100 a month? I wanted to see paperwork on such a plan, but the lady became extremely pushy telling me there were only a couple of spots left and I needed to give her a credit card right away. What a crock of $#*!. Shortly after, and for months I have received anywhere from 1 to 10 calls a day now trying to sell me health insurance. When asked to be taken off the list, the agents usually just hang up. I have called and emailed the do not contact list, still no luck. This website is pure scam, hoping to feed off those that are not smart enough to realize that they are not selling legitimate health plans. Pure evil for people to take advantage of those that are not educated, or the elderly. What happens when you actually need to make a claim, get cancer, have an accident with these plans? You're screwed. I've seen a lot of reviews that indicate the incessant calling, but even more importantly, THIS IS A SCAM!

erics121
12/10/15

Horrible. The site is made to look similar to healthcare.gov so suckers like me make a mistake. I've gotten dozens of calls in the past two days, some of them bot-calls, which is illegal. This whole thing should be illegal. Despicable.

joannef7
12/9/15

Think twice before giving out your information and phone number to this website. I have done everything to get them to discontinue the calls and nothing seems to work. I continue to get at least two calls per day from phone numbers all over the United States. The calls now have become robo calls. I have even tried calling Healthcare.com and they hang up on me. I have requested through email for the second time to be put on their "do not call list". I have also filed a complaint with the FCC. I wonder if they are making money to give out your phone number? Very annoying!

Response from Colleen M., HealthCare.com Representative
JoAnne, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. To get added to the Do Not Call list, please email your name and telephone number that is being contacted to accountsupport@healthcare.com and we will contact our insurance partners on your behalf. Thanks for your patience. We will get this resolved as quickly as possible.
billys61
11/23/15

There is no place to have your information removed from this site.
They won't stop calling. Calls come from all over the united states, so there is no way to block these people. I have replied to their 'Contact Us' link, and received prompt reply, and they said they would remove my #, but I'm still receiving about 10 calls a day.

Response from Colleen M., HealthCare.com Representative
Billy, we're sorry to hear that you do not wish to speak with one of our insurance partners. To get added to the Do Not Call list, please email your name and telephone number that is being contacted to accountsupport@healthcare.com and we will contact our insurance partners on your behalf. Thanks so much for your patience.

Questions? Get answers from the HealthCare.com staff and other customers.

HealthCare.com?