Review of Gwynnie Bee

gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

24 reviews with 3 stars

carlitac
3/6/19

What could improve the next box processing time, delivery, and more accurate pictures of the items. Fast shipping is everything it's a deal breaker for me.

jillr117
3/6/19

I felt the clothes were recycled not new. They didn't seem to fit my body and I felt bad sending anything back.

devina21
2/28/19

With quality and prices my satisfaction level is a hit or a miss on most items. I either love the item but the price point isn't there. Or the quality of the item could be better. Even with sizes it's a hit or a miss. Great concept and hoping for more hits.

heathert111
10/29/18

Tried to cancel with them awhile ago, but they told me that I would need to call the 1-800 number. As if I have time to deal with that!

rhondac86
8/27/18

I signed up but I've never ordered anything. I have tried to cancel my membership but it never gets canceled

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Rhonda,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are saddened to learn of your intent to cancel. We have reached out to you to resolve your concern.

Best,
Gwynnie
jessicah320
8/27/18

Not enough of what I'm getting is wearable for my lifestyle. Cancelling subscription requires a phone call, which is inconvenient. Should be able to do electronically.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback.
We can clearly see two areas where an explanation is due. We have reached out to you via email, to better address both concerns.

Best,
Gwynnie
terib39
8/22/18

I like the service but I am usually disappointed with the clothes. I wish there were more work style options.
Also, the turn around time has gotten much slower in the past few months.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thank you for your rating our service and for your feedback, Teri.

One of us will be reaching out to you via email, with an explanation about this.
We appreciate your business.

Gwynnie.
karih34
7/25/18

Sometimes everything is spot on: the fashion, the turn around, the bargains. Ive purchased a number of dresses from GB and love them! I also like the variety GB adds to my wardrobe. While other times, it can take over a week to get a new item, or the selection is just off usually erring on the frumpy side. I wish when an item was no longer available that it would be automatically removed from my closet, rather than having to go in and delete it after noticing it in the shop.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Kari,

We appreciate the review and that we help add to your wardrobe. We are going to reach out and discuss the selections with you, we would like to get more insight into this.

Thanks!
ml237
7/24/18

For a service that provides plus size cute styles it is fantastic. The biggest challenge I have with GB is with the shipping experience which is often a negative one. I enjoy the products and have a lot of fun wearing them. It usually takes about 5-10 days to receive a new outfit, which is a very long time considering that you pay based on outfits checked out to you at one time. However, it's almost always worth the wait. I like to use this service for work so I can stay stylish on a budget. I live in a hot climate all year rounds, so I do wish they would not change everything over seasonally as I am never able to wear a sweater material.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
M L,

We appreciate that feedback, and I will be sure to pass that to our team. We are going to have a Specialist reach out to you to discuss the shipping times and see what can be done to enhance it.

Thank you!
trishm28
9/9/17

I had a free trial membership, that I cancelled after 1 mth. I did receive a fair amount of clothing in that time, the shipping was quick. Id try something on not really like it- send it back & within a few days get something new. That part was great. However, towards the end of my membership I had bought 2 items, A cardigan which I immediately loved & bought right away., However 2 days later I noticed a pin size hole in the sleeve. To spend so much on an item with a hole in it is super disappointing. It was so small I didnt notice it right away but obviously this cardigan wont last more than a mth before that hole is obvious. I spent $37 on that item. The other item I bought was a dress, no problem with that but I wanted to change the card I had on file to buy the dress I called customer service & asked if the new card i wanted to add would be authorized for the full membership, she flat out told me no since I already had a auth on the other card. Well that wrong when I added the new card they authorized that for the 79 membership fee & also for the dress. Overall the company is ok, they need better informed reps & better inspection of the clothing they send out.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Trish,
Sorry to hear you hit a bump with the service. I'll have a manager contact you on Monday. Have a great weekend.
carolynh72
6/19/17

My original review is below. Since I reached out to Sitejabber, the company has returned my upgrade fee so I can enjoy a truly free trial. But two things still bother me. 1) Even this solution doesn't provide me with what I actually wanted. I wanted access to 3 garments at a time during my free subscription 2) There is something wrong with the fact that customer service seems to only work if you place a negative review on a 3rd party site. I gave their real customer service every opportunity to make me happy and they left me very disappointed

Original Review: I've read countless Gwinnie B reviews saying not to try it because customer service is bad. I was hoping this wouldn't be true. But I'm very unimpressed right now. I called because my 30 day free trial is turning out not to be free! I accidentally selected the 2 piece out at a time option but meant to select 3 pieces. There was no way to change my selection so it made me purchase an upgrade for 3 months. When I called, customer service would not change my option to 3 garments. When I suggested a compromise to just extend my paid upgrade by 30 days so that I'd actually get a real 30 day free trial, I was also tokd no. Since I was basically committing to 3 months of paying $85/month, I truly do not understand this response! I do not believe that this couldn't be resolved if Gwinnie B actually wqnts to convert this free trial into a paying customer. I'm going to have to think long and hard about continuing past 30 days.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thanks Carolyn - When you joined as a 2 plan you purchased an extra slot and during those 2 weeks you had a 3rd slot, so in essence you were on a 3 plan. We refunded the purchased slot and removed it. As we removed the paid slot, we gave you a courtesy slot for the remaining 2 weeks of your trial, so you are receiving a 3rd slot during your free trial period. As previously mentioned, our policy does not allow changes during the free trial, except if members wish to opt of the free trial and upgrade their account.

Our previous comment: Gwynnie B. [Gwynnie Bee Rep] Hi Carolyn, Thanks for contacting Gwynnie Bee. Our free trials are absolutely free for 30 days, for a 1, 2 or 3 plan. If you so selected 2 plan upon joining, you were not required to upgrade your service, as it is one of our trial options. The way our system is set up, we cannot alter free trial plans after they start. Please contact us at 855-GWYNNIE in regards to your free trial.
Thanks.
erikas39
5/7/17

I was a huge fan of GB, but they really seem to be slippping. Turn around times are becoming worse and worse. I never get any of the newer items I closet. I am really quite disappointed as time goes on. I think I'll give it a little while longer. If things do not improve, I will cancel.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Erika,
Our turnaround is the same as always, 4-6 mailing days. If you're experiencing something different, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE. We're happy to look into this for you. Our new arrivals are hot commodities... If you're due a replacement (have a slot available) , I suggest trying to closet them the same day they launch. Please contact us.
conniel49
4/29/17

I've been a GB member for a couple of years and currently have the 3 items at a time plan. When I first signed up, I would usually get items in 3 to 5 days from the time I notified them of my return. I started using the App and now I scan the Barcode prior to mailing, however, it takes a minimum of 5 days, and some as long as 10 before I get my next box. It's very frustrating. Especially when I end up not liking something or it doesn't fit. I put it right back in the bag. I always have a minimum of 25 items in my closet, but usually more. For this reason I've been considering canceling my subscription.
The quality of most items is pretty good. I have received some things that were ratty though. You can really tell the items that have been around the block.
Customer service has been ok. Not horrible, but they're definitely not shooting for the 10.
Anytime there is some promotional thing like get money off if you refer or get so many points if you download and use the app, I have had to contact them. For the referrals I have always had to have the person I referred send in an email. It's a pain and the referral program is obviously flawed.
I do like having a variety of clothes and this has allowed me to go out of my comfort zone to experiment with things I would never had bought.

beckys51
12/24/16

I have used Gwynniebee off and on for a few years. I agree with many other reviewers who have said that the shipping times have lengthened in the past year or so. Oddly, I think it's ever since they moved to Ohio. You would think it would be faster from there because it's more central. Not sure if it's advertised this way anymore, but they used to advertise 2-day shipping. The problem is that they don't always prepare your box until they receive your last box and they don't use 2-day shipping on the return bags. The woman I spoke with when cancelling my membership said that part of the reason they take a long time to get things to me is that the system is showing I still have items out... I don't see how this is my fault since I don't mark things as returned until I have dropped them at the US mail in a blue box. I live in Illinois, which is fairly close to Ohio, so I think their problem is actually with US Mail... Also, when they say 'we've started prepping your next box, it often still takes 5 or more days to reach you because they have processing time before the shipping time. You will see right on their site 'shipping label created' and they won't actually ship it for days more... anyway, because of the long turnaround time, you would need to order the high volume memberships to always have a variety of things from GB checked out. A couple of other gripes: they no longer allow you to cancel online. I think any subscription service that allows you to subscribe online should be required to allow you to cancel online. Also, I used to regularly get item upgrades and I haven't gotten one at all since I moved to Illinois and resubscribed.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Becky - we appreciate your feedback and hope you will considering returning as a member one day.
elizabeths144
6/10/16

At first, I thought the concept was great. Then I started noticing that they didn't have any clothes available in the smaller sizes and the quality of the clothes were either ok, or really poor and used up. So, I tried to cancel my account. For seven months, I had not received any charges, garments, bills, or other forms of communication (outside of their sales). Someone emailed me with a user name of Aksharma and told me I'm delinquent and owe almost $600 for services I didn't pay for for 7 months! And nobody every bothered to try to contact me. But also, why am I paying for 7 months of service when I wasn't even receiving any garments?!?! He was extremely rude and did not even try to understand/defend why they took so long to contact me. He just wanted my money ASAP. This company is shady! Stay away!!!!

EDIT (7.30.2016)
A different customer service representative called me and was much nicer than the original guy who contacted me. She was willing to work with me and they reviewed my situation. They "officially" cancelled my account and I didn't owe the money. At least SOME people in the world are not unethical, money grubbers! However, after what I went through, I definitely would not recommend Gwynnie Bee to my friends.

rachelc73
4/30/16

I had a scary moment with Gwynnie Bee last night were they took an unauthorized payment of $594.51 from my account. I called them today and was told that I would get a full refund of this money. The customer service today was good and the ladies that I spoke with were both very friendly and apologetic. I have not received my refund as of yet but they did let me know that it would take about 24 hours to post. I will update this review when I receive the money.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

heatherf32
3/18/16

I've been using GB for a couple of months now--the first few which were half off (which was a great deal!). It's amazing how quickly things were turned around when I notified them I was returning an item... within days, they'd have another one out to me. But now that I am a full paying monthly member--the items take at least a week from the moment I notify them.

Timing is certainly suspect... methinks they may put a "slowdown" on your items once they have you hooked!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Heather- thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you've been with us for a few months now. All members (whether they are on a free trial or a paid subscriber) should experience the same exact turnaround time, which is a 2-3 day processing time plus 2 day shipping via USPS Priority Mail. If you feel like your shipments have been slower than usual, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. They'd be happy to take a look at your account!
ceeceer1
1/1/16

I have been a member of Gwynnie Bee since February 2015, and I would say overall, I have had a decent experience. Before joining, I read several reviews, blogs, complaints and the Terms of Service, so I could be completely sure of what I was getting into.

The premise is brilliant, really. Designer clothes for rent. Try it before you buy it. Create an online closet of outfits that you really would like to wear. Don't like it, or not ready to buy? Send it back with free shipping. It's a great idea.

Some hiccups I ran into-
1. Clothes ordered in my size that were way too big: Solution- Read the customer reviews. After finding people who generally wore my size and shared the same curvaceous build :-), I was able to tell whether I needed to size up or size down. This isn't foolproof, but it is very helpful and spot on about 85% of the time. With that being said- PLEASE write detailed reviews of the clothes you receive.

2. Long shipping times: No Solution- The 2 day shipping may appear to work on their end, but with processing it takes 5-10 days to receive a garment. It IS in the TOS, but isn't advertised on the site. This does subtract from the total amount of clothes you really could be wearing in a month. You can either increase the amount of garments you receive at home and stagger the return shipments, or you can kinda deal with the loss, which isn't much fun. I did send a couple of emails (all responded to, by the way) to customer service. I was assured that the delay in shipping would not negate any bonuses received, but that there was nothing really anyone could do to make shipping times any speedier.

3. Sometimes... Smelly Clothes: Solution- Contact customer service and send it right back. The annoying thing is that you're all excited, and you're then let down with nothing to wear. PLUS, there is little hope you will see that garment again if you like it. The good thing is, usually customer service will give you an extra bonus garment for a week to soften the disappointment. The same process should be done if you receive clothes that are damaged or worn out in some way.

4. Issues with Choices Received- This has since changed a bit, but when I first joined I was pretty sad that this super cute winter dress arrived in the middle of summer. I had to send it back and PRAY that it would still be available the next winter. Also, there were outfits that I really wanted more than others, and I had to just hope that they were sent. Solution: I contacted Gwynnie Bee and they explained the HOLD feature. I promptly put all the winter attire on hold. Also, they have now implemented a feature called MY PRIORITIES. I was able to mark two dresses to be sent before all others (one being the cutie that I received this summer). It is not a guarantee that I will receive the garments, but one can hope. We'll see!

I like to end with the positives. My closet before Gwynnie Bee looked boring. I don't completely blame myself. If I hit up a department store, the plus-sized clothes look like I should be retired already and pouring tea. A lot of times the outfits are shapeless, like we should be ashamed of or covering our bodies at all times. I wanted fashionable, exciting, and sexy options for clothing, and I wasn't getting it. Plus I wanted to wear dresses- Lots of them with patterns and lengths that I hadn't ever considered before.

Gwynnie Bee gave me access to all that I wanted. I ordered colors and patterns that I would have NEVER considered, and styles that I thought would only look good on juniors. I have received tons of compliments from young to old. I have purchased (after went on sale of course... lol) about 6 of the garments that I have received. I check the shop frequently for items that I love but sent back due to pricing too.

So overall- The experience has been decent (some positives, some negatives). I am still a member, and I only receive 3 garments a week. I do believe that 10 garments is the best value (if you can afford it). You can keep circulating clothes, it makes the average price to rent the outfit cheaper, and you will never have a week without several garments coming to your door or being dropped off in the mail. Plus, when you do purchase the outfit, the price you paid overall is really a deal/ steal. It can't be much of a deal when you've already paid like $80 to rent the clothes in the first place.

SO- Please consider all that I have said. I do believe that it is worth a try. Try Gwynnie Bee for a couple of months. Set up your closet immediately with at least 50 items. Read and write reviews! There may be an outfit you love, and they don't have your size, but they really do if the reviewers say you need to size up or size down. Contact Customer Service if you are not happy with something. Know that shipping times are not really 2 days. When returning items, photograph packaging (I do videos), and make note of the tracking numbers. Try an outfit that you would never consider. AND don't forget shop.gwynniebee.com as well.

Thanks for reading my SUPER LONG review.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi CeeCee, thank you for your detailed and thorough review! We're happy to have your feedback, so that we can work to continually improve the service for all of our members.
delaneyd1
1/1/16

There are pros, and cons.

Pros.
*Lots of name brand/ designer dresses and clothing items to choose from---thus there is quite a bit of variety, so you can change-up your wardrobe without large investment in individual pieces you may only wear a couple times.

*I also found Gwynnie Bee to be a nice option while losing weight----its hard to invest in nice clothing that you know you will shrink out of soon (especially expensive dresses). When I started I was a 22, and now am a 16....so theoretically it is nice to have options, and to be able to change the size of items you have in your subscription closet.

*Plus sizes. Let's face it, it is harder to find clothing that does not have Tweetie birds and excessive use of animal prints when you have a little "extra to love".

* While I still was active, they started a "prioritize" system so that you could at least narrow down the clothing choices to have a better chance at getting what you most would like to wear.

Cons.
* Long turn-around time. It often took well over a week ( as much as two weeks) between returning, and receiving new garments. Additionally, I would get messages that new items were on the way, but in reality it was just a creation of a tracking number and notification of item to be shipped.... and the item itself often would not ship-out until several days after that number and notification were created. The result was, when I only had one item at a time ....I only received a couple garments within a month, and thus it just made it all the more frustrating if something did not fit, or look right. When I had 3 items at a time it helped to have a few more options, but still could not even guarantee having 3 new items a week no-matter how quickly I myself put them back out. I could not help but wonder if the shipping delays sometimes were on purpose to slow-down the frequency/ shipping costs. Part of the problem is that they only have one distribution center, and it is located in Ohio. That means there is longer turn-around/ shipping times for those of us on the West Coast.

* Lots of bold geometric patterns, animal prints etc......I realize this of course could be a personal choice, but it is a complaint others I know have also had. Though there are a lot of garments, it often can take a lot of weeding to find solids, and simple prints etc....Though some people like bold/ loud prints, in reality far more people do NOT, and thus it would be nice if there were more options that do not cause headaches to look at, and that are more classic, simple etc.....I often would weed through multiple pages before I found an item that that did not have some loud print or odd design that did not look very flattering. Just because women are plus-sized does not mean they want to cover themselves in crazy patterns to try to detract. There is a lot to be said for classic, flattering shapes, lines... solid colors etc.....It was for this reason that it was hard for me to find tops that I liked. I mainly put dresses in my closet, because so many of the tops had the crazy patterns and cuts etc...that just were not flattering. It would have been nice to see more balance---at least add more options for those of us who are more classic with our clothing, rather than wanting to look like edgy, loud, 1980's street art.

* Though there are lots of pretty, stylish dresses ( which was my favorite element of the site---I especially like a-line/ fit and flare classic looks, and there was good variety of those).....it just would be nice if there were more options with long, or 3/4 sleeves. So many of the dresses are sleeveless......and that continues to be true, even though it is winter. Many of us live in areas where it is too cold for sleeveless dresses, or need to wear modest clothing for work or church etc..... that require sleeves. Additionally, many plus sized women are self-conscious of their arms, and so sleeveless dresses are not a good option. Sure, we can wear cardigans and shrugs, but sometimes that just hides both the dress, and our shape/ makes us look "frumpy" etc....not to mention, can be difficult if you also need to wear a coat and do not want people to see you "sleeveless" during transition times. I know this may sound petty, just....I often was amazed at how hard it was just to find dresses with adequate sleeves on them. Many people even have religious restrictions that do not allow for wearing sleeveless clothing, so it would just be nice to see more options with sleeves provided.

* I understand availability makes it hard to ship specific items out. When I first started, it was a crap-shoot as to what you would get, and then they at least started a prioritize system. However, lets face it.... we have events and circumstances that determine what we actually currently need. If we have a date, or a function that we need to dress-up for, we of course may have our eye on a couple specific dresses for that purpose in hopes that we don't have to go out and buy something.....but we can't guarantee we will receive a garment that fills that need. It would be nice if they took it up another level, and were able to indicate what items in your closet are currently available for shipping... and if you could somehow select/ reserve those specific items as your next choice (if you of course have put current ones in the mail). I may of course be naive in this, but it sure would make the service more worthwhile for many if they could further narrow-down what items they receive to suit their needs.

* Glitches. I often noticed that items I had returned took a long time to have their status changed. One of the first garments that I received, and returned ( in a package envelope with another garment no less).....continues to sit/ show in my account as "return notified" ( meaning it has not been cleared as having been received). The item it was with was received, so it had to of been as well. I returned it in July, and it is now the start of January. When I deactivated my service, I was sent notices that I would be charged for that item. I corresponded with staff, and they said they would settle the issue, but nothing ever changed.... so I live in wait for the day when I get charged for something I returned 6 months ago, and would even be way too big for me now if I did have it.

Overall, there were clearly both things that I liked.... and things...well, not so much. Ultimately the reason that I canceled my subscription was because the turn-around time was too great to really justify the price.....especially when it felt like I really was only getting a couple wearable items a month, even when I was doing three at a time. I have been looking at some of the new dresses they have added, and been tempted to try it again, but then I remember how long it took to receive things. It would be nice if they had distribution centers in multiple locations .... I live on the west coast, so everything had to travel back and forth across the whole country. I imagine those who live east coast have faster turn-around, and thus have better experiences with the program. So, really for the cost, and lack of regional distribution, I just am not sure if its worth the expense to start it again....even if the dresses are cute.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Delaney, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review! We very much appreciate the feedback, and hope you will consider coming back as a member one day.
tj96
6/12/15

I've been a member for just over 1 year now and I have to say, it was a much better service in the beginning.

Cons:
- Slow shipping/lack of inventory: You will hopefully get a package about once per week, sometimes once every 10-14 days. I used to get a shipping notice within 24-48 hours after return notifying. Now, I'm lucky if I get a ship notice within their designated time limit of 72 hours. And when I send them a message to ask when I will get a shipment, I'm told that I return notified a day later than I actually did, and that they are still within their timeframe, but they will make sure an item goes out to me soon. (I take screen shots of when I return notify and don't appreciate being lied to.). And yes, I have over 100 items in my closet, which is way over the recommended amount. Also, their inventory is greatly lacking. If you do not closet something as soon as it comes out, it will be grayed out due to over demand. - that's not acceptable.

- Poor Clothing Quality
I refuse to closet items that I can buy at a discount store for $15-20. Gwynnie Bee used to carry great quality brands like Kiyonna, Land's End, Igigi, and other high end designers. Now they carry mostly Gwynnie Bee house brands (made of cheap polyester) and cheap brands like Leota, FTF, Junarose and Dorothy Perkins. I'm still a member because they still carry quality brands such as London Times, Taylor, Karen Kane, Johnny Was and Eloquii. They also carry a few Cherry Velvet dresses, which I love. But I've noticed that with each new release, they are adding fewer and fewer quality brands and adding more and more of the crappy ones. If they get rid of the quality designers, they lose my membership.

- Lack of different styles
While I'm talking about brands, lets get into the styles. Gwynnie Bee used to have a wide selection of styles for different body types. What we are seeing now is the same few styles over and over again in different prints. How many prints of the exact same dress or top do you want to wear??

- Customer Service
Customer service is farmed out to India and it used to be really good. Now it's become a game to see which cut and paste paragraph (that has poor grammar) response you'll receive. I've been noticing lately that the responses don't have anything to do with my actual question.

-Bogus charges to your credit card
Yep, you heard me. Be careful if you cancel, make sure to change to a credit card or paypal first. GB has been known to charge you even when you cancel. Or charge you for clothes you returned but they did not check back into their system. One customer cancelled, then re-joined 6 months later and was charged $800 for back payments (when she wasn't a member and wasn't receiving clothes) It took GB several days to give her back her money and they made her feel like they were doing her a favor. If you look at their facebook page, you'll see lots of these incorrect charges happening to folks (without warning).

There are other cons, but these are the ones that bug me the most.

Pros:
- Customer Service
I know, I know, I just listed as a con, well, they have their good points. They are typically quick to respond - usually the same day or the next day.

- Ever changing Wardrobe
Great way to increase your wardrobe without increasing your physical closet. It's been really fun to try new styles and new brands that I don't usually have access to or don't want to spend the money to purchase.

- No dry cleaning or laundry bill
It's great to wear something and send it back and not have to worry about cleaning it. (Although, check each garment you get, I have received dirty, smelly items in the past, but not in the last 3 mos)

- When it works smoothly, it's worth the money
When shipping isn't delayed, garments are clean, etc. it's definitely worth the money.

- Sometimes they give you free upgrades
Once in a while, you may receive an e-mail for a 60 or 90 day free item upgrade. That's a nice perk, but I think it causes some of the shipping and inventory issues.

Overall, when Gwynnie Bee works smoothly it's a wonderful service. I've gone from 5 items at a time to 1 item at a time because of the shipping delays and lack of inventory. If I'm waiting, I'm not wearing. If another company offered the same service, I'd leave GB in a heartbeat, because they don't value their customers.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi T J, thank you for the detailed review and comments on your experience with us. We appreciate it. If any issue is still unresolved or if you'd like to give us any additional feedback, you can email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours. We welcome any additional comments you have.
nancym62
3/31/15

I am in a love/hate relationship with Gwynnie Bee. I've been a member of the service since August of 2013. During my trial membership, the turnaround time for shipping was short. It seemed as if I received a new item within days. Once I became a paying member, I noticed the shipping time increased a bit, not bad, but there was a definite difference. I've remained a member because of the incentives. (free item upgrade here and there) Also, I am retiring soon and have wanted to avoid paying retail for dressier items I won't wear once I am no longer working.
My current issue relates to receiving out of season items. For example, I have had summer skirts closeted since last summer but during the hottest times of the year in my state, I was receiving heavy, fall items. I have yet to receive some of the things closeted last June. The opposite would be true as well . . . receiving sleeveless tank dresses in lightweight fabric in December. The temps drop to well below 0 here.
Another thing I do not like is when I receive more than one item in the same shipment, only one blue bag is provided for shipping something back. That means if one of the items doesn't work and I know I will only wear the other once, I can't send one back to get another on the way until I wear the other and ship both back at once.
I have had decent success in receiving items I can wear and I have made a few purchases. I've ended up with things I would never buy or even try in the store. Wearing these things once is fun and gets me out of my comfort zone. I've received some things that have clearly needed to be "retired" as they've been faded and have had that rummage sale look. I've also received a few things covered in someone's dog's hair. Thankfully, that's only happened twice.
My work environment is professional and many of the dresses offered are way, way too short for me to closet or for someone my age to wear without looking ridiculous or as if trying too hard.
So my relationship with GB is a love/hate thing. I will likely end my relationship in May.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Nancy, thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. Should you have any additional feedback, we welcome it. You can reach us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
juliap18
3/24/15

So I signed up for this service about two weeks ago. I signed up for the 3 garment a time plan using a free code I found online. It took 5 days to get my first box. I had pretty low expectations about the clothes I revieved, but was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality of garments I received in the first shipment. I sent one of them back right away. That was Tuesday, March 18. There's a feature on the website where you can notify when you will be sending the garment back. They claim that they will t process your order right away. It took another 5 days to get another replacement garment for that one. I liked one dress so much I've ended up keeping it and it was a style that I normally would not have worn. The other two garments I wore once and returned right away however after notifying them, it is been three days and they still are not processing a shipment to me. I understand if shipping takes a while but the processing portion should happen right as soon as you click the button that says you an return the item.
Other than that I also agree with the other users that the selection is somewhat limited. I wear anywhere from size is 10 to 14 in normal non-plus size clothing so therefore the selection is very is extremely limited for me. I have found that some of the 0X sizes have been working.
It's nice to try out styles I normally wouldn't wear, but some of them tend to run older, hot and dark. I live in a very hot city most of their styles are heavy polyester so that doesn't work either.
Increase the speed and variety and I will renew!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Julia, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the detailed review. Should you have any additional comments, we welcome it. You can reach us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
stacees1
3/8/15

Signed up for GwynnieBee. Added 35 items to my closet. About 5 days later, received notice that I will be getting my first item in 2 days. Got my dress which fit poorly. Sent it back. Cancelled my subscription. I can't fathom spending $39 on 1 item at a time which takes 7 days to receive.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Stacee, thank you for your feedback. We'd like to hear more about your experience with us. If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
sarahg55
1/11/15

I just started using Gwynnie Bee recently. Unfortunately the move to Ohio did not clear up their shipping delay issues. I LOVE the concept but feel like I am getting ripped off given the slow processing. I used the return notify feature on the day that I shipped the items back. They received those items 2 days ago and my new order hasn't even been filled yet, much less shipped. If they could find a way to speed up their processing time I would probably continue the service after the trial. I am a size 14 and found many items to put in my closet but did have to pass up quite a few because all sizes were too big. I used to hear stories of people using the return notify feature and new items being filled before Gwynnie Bee even received that shipment back. If I could get a new shipment within 3-4 days after shipping stuff back, I'd be sold. But having to wait a week or more after sending clothes back to receive new ones is not going to cut it.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Sarah, thanks for the review! If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Mischele, Thanks for your interest in Gwynnie Bee. The best way to judge our customer service is to try us out yourself. That's why we offer a 30 day free trial - check out our fashions, fun & customer service 1st hand. Try us us, we're absolutely free (we do pre-authorize credit cards), if you decide it's not for you, just cancel before your 1st bill date to avoid being billed. Please read our FAQs for more info (https://support.gwynniebee.com/hc/en-us) or contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE, for more info.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gwynnie Bee