Review of Gwynnie Bee

Tel: 855-GWYNNIE(855-499-6643)
gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

jordang47
4/19/18

i used their referral program to refer two of my friends (I live with them. We live in a group home. Sorry we're not rich, GB). They were excited about getting clothing from GB, and I was so happy with the clothing I had gotten so far that I was planning to use my referral credits to continue my monthly membership past the first introductory month.

THEN I got an email in the wee AM hours saying they canceled my account and please mail back the dress I had checked out (I had purchased the other one.). I called immediately and was told that "it looked like we signed up for three free trials" because I referred my roommates. I explained that it was pretty clear we were three separate people. Different credit cards (with different names on the cards obviously) were used. Very different clothing was picked in different sizes. I know because my friend and i picked out stuff together after she used my referral.

So this woman on the phone literally accuses me of defrauding them and I explain that NO, this is three accounts for three people, why the hell would you automatically cancel all three accounts based on the mailing address alone? And not even ask? It's not like I've been riding the trial free, I literally just bought one of the dresses. In response, she actually asked if we all had other addresses we could use... wow, sure lady, why not send it to my (imaginary) beach house.

I'm so disappointed because I really liked the dresses they were sending and wanted to keep my account, but being accused of scamming THEM on the meager basis that I referred my ROOMMATES makes me want really nothing to do with them now. It's embarrassing to have referred a company to my friends to only have this happen.. To top it all off, two of us got these cancellation emails with our three emails listed together, and my third friend got a cancellation email with total strangers listed that none of us knew.. I only sent three referrals in total, two to roommates and a third to another friend who didn't sign up so these other weird email addresses listed in her cancellation notice are other people's information which GB has now emailed to my friend, exposing their info?... REALLY SKETCHY.

dt101
4/10/18

This is a subscription service, so buyer beware... you pay up front and than get clothes; not what you even asked for... than they charge beyond retail prices to purchase and yet continue to bill when you have not even received any value

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Donna,

We are sorry you had a poor experience with our membership. We do show you started your free trial on October the 10th and were sent 2 garments and those were returned soon after. We then sent out two more garments (Cutout Jacket In Navy & Short Sleeve Blouse in Cream Floral Print) Those have yet to be returned. As a member, you need to return or purchase the two garments we have already to ensure that you receive two more. You also had purchased 7 garments using out membership pricing and discounts. Since you have now canceled your membership you will no longer be billed and be refunded for any shop purchases that have not been sent to you.

We hope this helps, Thanks!
sisil4
4/3/18

I browsed thru so many website and gwynnie bee the( queen of scam )to be one of the website I browsed. I didn't freaken order anything because I didn't care for their products. I was charged $74 plus in February 2018. I called to question why I was been charged. According to their record I was subscribing for their website even though I didn't order anything. I asked to please remove me then and refunded me. They did with the guarantee that I was been removed.I asked the lady again to please make sure she have me remove and she said she already did. Now March 2018, I was again been charged $74 plus. This time GB spoke hole, told me that February was a courteous refund anything after that it will up to some made up administration to review if I should be refunded. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I asked to be remove from your website subscription back in Feb because I don't want anything from your company. GB decided to illegal charged me again in March. This spoke hole I spoke with, told me that I should have read all the fine print. How about stop stealing people's money and rip off people that are browsing thru the website. Queen of Scamming should be your name. If you were ever scam let find out how we can legally go after this scam company.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Sisi,

I am sorry you had a poor experience. Per our records, you began your subscription on January 5th and did not closet any garments or use the service. When you called in on February 10th, per the call it was offered to refund the charge and restart your free trial so that you could use it and you accepted that offer to retry the service so to ensure that you got to try the service for free. I apologize for any confusion that this caused. I see you did call in on the 16th of March to cancel the service which was canceled that day, and we received a call for a refund that was authorized on April the 2nd and processed that day.

sandram240
4/2/18

I really think some people call into the company or any company with the attitude that there is going to be a problem and they already have their mind set their is going to be a problem. Last year I had to stop my account due to lack of money. They were very nice even asked if they gave me a discount for a few months if that would help and I had to say no to that so then I was offered the deal to keep my account open for I think $5 a month and I had to refuse that and said I would just let them know when I could restart. No pressure and nobody being rude. So I really think if you call someone with a stinky attitude and a cocky voice that's what your gonna get in return. And their clothing isn't cheap, I didn't like all of it but I liked some of it and was so happy I got to buy a few items. So now you've heard my two cents worth. Thanks, Sandra

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Sandra,

We are very happy you enjoyed the service, and appreciate your review. If you ever wish to come back please don't hesitate to call us and we will help in any way we can!

cayas1
3/15/18

I like GB for the most part. I have gotten some gorgeous items at a deep discount. I wish it wasn't so expensive per month, as I will have to cancel next month. For $50+ I would like 2 items at a time! Also, I wish there were more minimalist and modern lines to choose from. I love the Universal Standard stuff, but I want more as well as Premme and ASOS Curve. Customer service has been very helpful.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Caya.

I am so happy you are enjoying the service, we have many ways for you to enhance the return on your subscription. We will have a Specialist reach out to see if we can help with information regarding that. If we don't reach you please do not hesitate to contact us at 855-Gwynnie

alexc238
3/12/18

The free trial is just a rouse to get you to sign up. The second I hit enter my phone dinged and I had an alert my card had a recent charge. There it was $78 and change.

Customer service answered quickly I didn't have to hold at all. And my money was refunded right away. ( still pending refund.. so we will see tomorrow)

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Alex,

Yes, you would receive a pre-authorization at the beginning of the free trial, no funds would be taken out. I see that occurred and you did call end and cancel the free trial the same day. Sorry if there was any confusion.

aliciaw50
2/19/18

I had this service for awhile and had a generally good experience. I loved the clothes, bought some dresses, and while it was expensive, the variety of stuff and quick shipping made it generally worth it for me. About 18 months ago, I got a new card from my bank when I got married and combined accounts with my husband, changed my name, etc. I decided not to renew my payment information with GB to save some money (I'd just had a wedding and was about to start a career change involving going back to school, so I just didn't have the expendable income). I got a new job recently and was excited to renew my account with GB, so I logged in today and entered my new card info to get it rolling again. I started adding things to my closet, even went to their store to scope out deals on items that had been previously rented. I was about to check out from the store with a few bargains, and my card got declined. Huh? I checked my bank account and GB HAD CHARGED MY CARD OVER $1400. I don't even have that much! So my card is now overdrawn over $900. I immediately called customer service and she explained that because I never technically canceled, the monthly fee kept accruing and it just went ahead and charged me for the past 20 months even though I was not using the service during that time. She said she would put in a ticket for a refund, but it takes up to 48 hours. So until they can process whatever it is they need to process, I am beyond broke. My best friend's bachelorette party is tomorrow and I can't even go now. And this never would have happened to me if I hadn't RETURNED TO THEIR SERVICE. I am so disappointed. How can a company operate like this? They have nothing in place to stop your card being charged when you're no longer using their service? That's just irresponsible. I was not offered any kind of good faith deal to stay a customer even after this SERIOUS inconvenience. I also got no confirmation email that my service was renewed, my account was being reviewed by customer service, I would be getting a new box, nothing. I was so looking forward to getting new cute stuff to wear too. Bummed out, mad, and will have to cancel a service I actually LIKED until this whole fiasco.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Alicia,

I am sorry about this experience, I can help, however. Only by contacting us and canceling your account will we not consider you a member, not because a charge was declined. We understand that sometimes life happens and we wouldn't want to cancel you once any payment was declined without discussing with you first. I do want to congratulate you on your wedding and the new job. You spoke to a representative that took notice on this issue and did issue the refund in full for not using the service as you requested. I have checked the notes and you did call on the 16th and spoke with Megan, and she raised the issue and the refund was processed on the 17th. I am sorry about the experience and I am glad we were able to get that reversed before the 48 hours we usually require. I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please contact us at 1-800-Gwynnie

micheles108
2/19/18

Buyer Beware. I signed up to check out this service. I really didn't see much that caught my eye. I had one item in my closet. I got a few emails telling me to complete my closet that I would not receive my shipment until I had the required amount of items. It wasn't a priority to me at the time because I like to give thought to my purchases and how I spend my money. My thought was once I fill my closet and they send me a shipment that's when I would be charged. Boy was I wrong. I was billed today for $71.92. For what? The membership I was told. How can you charge me when I have not received a good or service? I was told they can do a "restart" on my membership that would refund my money in 24-48 hours. I hope that's true. We shall see. Did not cancel my membership. It seems I will have to call back to have that taken care of. And I'm sure that will be an ordeal. I'm sure they have a script to follow, as well as many other companies, to avoid the loss of business. The only problem is, there is no business to be had with me, because I don't like they way they do business.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Michelle,

I am sorry about how the service has worked for you thus far. You can sign up as a guest and look through our garments when you arrive at our website. However once you have placed your payment information your free 30-day trial begins, and you would be receiving emails reminding you to add more garments to use the service. Once the free trial is over, it is an automatic deduction until you choose to cancel. This fits your circumstances, we recommend adding as many garments as possible and then prioritizing them as what you would like to try and get sooner. Now, because you did not utilize the service at all, we have as of 02/17/2018 refunded and restarted your free trial as a courtesy. I still show you only have 1 garments selected and we cannot send you garments that you have not selected, I would recommend as many as possible but at least 6 to start the process.

robynw27
2/13/18

When I tried to cancel my GB account last year, the customer service rep talked me into putting my account on hold for $5+ plus tax. Of course, I forgot about the account and now several months later, I tried to call again to cancel. Again, the customer service rep tried to talk me out of it (kept talking while I was talking). Finally, I said cancel my subscription and send me an email to confirm but that I need the confirmation sent to a new email address. I was told it will take 24-48 hours to change my email address and I will still have to call back to cancel my subscription to get the confirmation sent to the new email address. This is ridiculous and unacceptable!!!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Robyn,

I am sorry you hit a bump with the service. You did call to cancel your membership and requested that the confirmation email be sent to a different address. Because it is an automatic email it can only be sent to the email address that was used to set up the account. We did offer to change the email address to get you the automatic reply. We do quote 24-48 hours for changes to be made to the account, however in reviewing I see the account email was already changed. So you don't have to call back in I have canceled your account, and the email will be sent to the new email address as you requested within the hour.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we can help with just give us a call at 1-855-Gwynnie

jennier15
1/19/18

Terribly run company. The price point is high to "borrow" 2 low priced garments. You can not cancel on the website. If you cancel in the middle of a billing period you lose the days you already paid for. You must call on the last day of the billing cycle to avoid this. And of course, the wait is long to get someone on the phone, Dave yourself a headache and skip this one.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Jennie,

I am sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I have reviewed your account and show the account is canceled. Once your free trial is over, you would be billed for the next month's service. I did look into your long wait experience and I did find your call to request cancellation on the 18th, but I show you waited 27 seconds before you were speaking. We strive to ensure that we answer our customer as soon as we can once you call.

leahh36
1/9/18

They never canceled my account when they said they did and continued to charge me. They charged me for items that I sent back and will do nothing to help me. Stay away unless you want to owe 100s of dollars for items that you do not have.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Leah,

I am sorry to hear you have an unpleasant experience. I reviewed your account, and we were never able to charge you a membership fee so I am not clear on what the resolution would be. You also spoke with our Specialist Kara who with a Manager went above the policy since you were past due to help you purchase the pants you never returned to us after you called us in January. We do show your membership canceled.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!
dianar77
1/8/18

I signed up for the trial and got my package which was the two trial pieces one a green dress and one a black stretch skirt and also two dresses i actually bought for incredible savings. First the negative. I got a green dress that was horribly wrinkled in the package. I do not mean a little wrinkled but a lot wrinkled. I do not have time or inclination to get wrinkles out so i simply put it in the wrapper and sent it back. I then tried that very evening the black skirt which i wore and received lots of compliments about. I love the skirt. I may send it back for a smaller size which is a great thing. But i am thrilled with it. As far as the two dresses i bought, one is a floral print that i do not like at all and then one is a black and white checkered dress that i absolutely love and am wearing Monday. So far my review is mixed 50/50. However i have a full closet and will keep giving this service a chance as i love that skirt so much. Anyway over all that is where i am at.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Diana,

I have reviewed your account and see the Cotton Knit Dress you speak of. We strive to provide the best quality of product for the best price, and a dress you cannot wear does not meet that expectation.

So I've taken three actions to help with this situation.

Frist, I have extended your free trial by 14 days so you can use the full extent of it. (This shall extend the trial until Monday, February 05, 2018)
Second, I have also added a 14-day garment upgrade which will provide you with an additional garment to try
Lastly, I have flagged that dress you speak of, so our staff can inspect this dress the moment it arrives.

I hope this helps, and please continue to enjoy your free trial of Gwynnie Bee!
hopes14
11/23/17

Harriet. They did the same thing to me and now they're claiming they never received the garments back. I returned them using a label tnat they emailed me on 11/17/2017. Thieves.

joannh22
11/13/17

Just saw the commercial and was a bit confused....that was not my experience. I thought many of the garments weren't the best quality and they seemed a little worn. A lot of the pieces that seemed nicer were never available. It's expensive. I saw comments here from others indicating they had a hard time canceling their membership - I had the same experience.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hey Joann,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the service. I do see that you called the day you were billed for the subscription to cancel and were cancelled that day.
betsym15
10/26/17

I never received a garment that I wore. Everything sent to me looked old and worn. I tried to go on and cancel and was told my password was incorrect. The link would never work. So I packed up the clothes with a note to cancel my free trial. Woke up this morning to a 73.14 charge on my account. I got at least one email from them everyday, but never one saying your trial is almost up. This is a rip off.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hey Betsy,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the service. We do have a process where if anything besides the clothing is sent it would be moved to our customer service department and we have not yet received anything. You were billed on the 26th when your free trial was over. However I see that your garments are being shipped back, and should they arrive within the 7 days of cancellation we will release the membership fee back to you.
kerryl46
9/17/17

I tried for 3 months and sent back everything. I only liked 3 items, but not enough to keep. It took 2 weeks to get next items, so it felt like I was paying $70 a month to try on 4-6 things. Just canceled and was basically told it was my fault things were taking so long. Save your money.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Kerry,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the service. In order to get the most of the service, members should use the return notify feature, so we can start processing exchanges asap, rather than waiting for them to be physically checked into our warehouse. In many cases this can save 2-3 days.
trishm28
9/9/17

I had a free trial membership, that I cancelled after 1 mth. I did receive a fair amount of clothing in that time, the shipping was quick. Id try something on not really like it- send it back & within a few days get something new. That part was great. However, towards the end of my membership I had bought 2 items, A cardigan which I immediately loved & bought right away., However 2 days later I noticed a pin size hole in the sleeve. To spend so much on an item with a hole in it is super disappointing. It was so small I didnt notice it right away but obviously this cardigan wont last more than a mth before that hole is obvious. I spent $37 on that item. The other item I bought was a dress, no problem with that but I wanted to change the card I had on file to buy the dress I called customer service & asked if the new card i wanted to add would be authorized for the full membership, she flat out told me no since I already had a auth on the other card. Well that wrong when I added the new card they authorized that for the 79 membership fee & also for the dress. Overall the company is ok, they need better informed reps & better inspection of the clothing they send out.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Trish,
Sorry to hear you hit a bump with the service. I'll have a manager contact you on Monday. Have a great weekend.
harriettf1
9/8/17

I decided to try this service. After receiving a couple of items I decided that this service was not for me. I went online to cancel my service and it said I had to call and cancel my subscription. When I check my bank account...they had already charged me for service for September. This caused my bank account to be overdrawn. I had to wait until Tuesday to call. The person I spoke with yesterday never put any notes on my account or even canceled my account. I asked for a supervisor and was told they were in a meeting and they would call me back. Well I call today and they tried to give me the month off at 50% and add another garment. I kept saying I want to cancel and my money back and if he can't help me then give me a supervisor. I am then told a supervisor would call me back within 24-48 hours. REALLY!! Then oh if we receive the garments back within 7 days then we will refund you your money. That doesn't do me any good; as if I could have canceled my service then they would never have charged me! I feel like they are going to keep my money by saying they never received the items back. I will never refer or use this service again after this. All I want is my money back!!!!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Harriet,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the service. Free trial members are able to cancel their accounts online within their 1st 30 days (9/2/17). On the 31st day the account would be billed & any cancelations would need to be done via phone. As an additional courtesy, we offered you a refund if your outstanding garments were returned within 7 days of cancelation (9/13/17). I will have a manager give you a call later today. Thanks.
ivah1
9/7/17

I was disappointed with the quality of the clothes. There were some cheep made clothes and the clothes often came looking like someone wore it and it wasn't dry cleaned. It took me a little while to get out of the subscription. It was hard to cancel and they do not refund your money. I canceled a few days into my month and they kept the whole month and had the audacity to ask me to reconsider. Never again and I won't recommend this service to any friends.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Iva,
Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the service. A manager reached out several occasions & left voicemails, but we never heard back from you.
I will have a manager contact you on Mon.
Thanks & have a good weekend.
georgiam29
8/20/17

So, I had the service for a long period of time, got some semi-decent things to wear. Changed jobs and had significantly less free spending monies. I called and asked to have the service terminated, no problem, just return any clothes, easily done. Fast forward at least a year and a half and I get an email from a bill collector and I call them because I have no idea what's going on, I kind of pride myself in being um, you know a responsible adult.

So I talk with Shaun with the collection company and he says, "you owe $1200.00 to Gwynnie Bee." He proceeds to tell me I didn't return a garment and that they, "billed," me for over a year for the service. I returned all garments and never heard from anyone until now. No phone calls, no letters, just crickets.

I blew a gasket and called Gwynnie Bee, they have no records available that far back. So I mention, legally if there's a debt that I supposedly owe shouldn't you give me access to those records? Um, well you look have to call the collection company back about that. Really? I owe you monies, supposedly and you can't produce those records?

So subsequent repeat call to the collection agency and they're requesting documents from Gwynnie Bee to dispute the charges. Probably not much of a chance to dispute since I have no information on who I talked to- to cancel. Side note the fellow at the collection agency has been a million times more helpful in trying to sort things out.

So I'm waiting to hear what'll happen. I've just recently finished treatment for breast cancer and have been struggling to pay all those bills so I retain my (hard earned) good credit. So what's another $1,200, right? They continued to bill me and did not notify me I had a garment out that was worth $171.00 that I could have easily paid off if I'd been notified.

Just so frustrated..

Tip for consumers: Don't do it, don't let them take advantage of you too.

amys262
8/19/17

I'm constantly fluctuating between sizes so I like this so I don't have to buy new clothes. I love the style of the clothes and how they fit and the large selection

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Amy - Thanks so much for the review. We're delighted to hear you're enjoying the service.
heidig21
8/5/17

I see all of the bad reviews and I don't understand why. I have been with Gwynnie Bee for almost 5 months and it has been fabulous. I keep my closet full and have never had a problem getting my priorities. Sure sometimes I get a garment that doesn't look great on me, but hey for me it is great I get to wear things that i normally would not take a chance on and I have to say I love the option of buying after trying and have added some really great pieces to my wardrobe. Thank you Gywnnie Bee you have a Customer for Life

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Heidi, We're so happy to hear you're enjoying the service & our fabulous fashions. Thanks for taking the time to review us.
sarahm336
8/1/17

I was a member of Gwynnie Bee for about 2.5 years and I loved it. The thing is, you HAVE TO KNOW HOW IT WORKS!! Most of the bad reviews on here are from people who didn't take the time to read the FAQs listed on the website. The only reason I left Gwynnie Bee was because I started tightening up my budget and cutting out luxuries. I recently signed up again for 1 month (you have to cancel before they charge you, just like any other online service) just to find a dress for my brothers wedding.

Finding plus size clothes is extremely hard, and Gwynnie Bee was a life saver for those two years I had it. Wish it was cheaper so I could go back to it full time! I never got anything smelly or really bad looking. You have to be a pro-active user to get the most out of this site. Read the reviews on every item, keep your closet full, send back your packages ASAP to initiate your next shipment, etc.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Sarah - Thanks for taking the time to write & we're glad to hear you're enjoying the service. If you have a moment, contact our customer care dept (gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE), they may have some options in regards cost. Thanks again & enjoy your day.
db152
7/29/17

I have been a member for about 4 months and I love the service so far. I was surprised when I came to this site to look at the reviews of others. I love getting my GB box and recommend them to friends. I have never gotten a smelly garment or something old and dingy. I will suggest a couple of things to make sure you get the best experience.

1.) Keep your online closet full. This way they have plenty to choose from to send you. I have over 120+ pieces in my online "on-the-rack" closet. I honestly think it helps to speed up my shipments because they have so many garments to choose from.
2.) When new pieces come out, which is normally twice a week, I immediately closet anything I am interested in.
3.) I keep about 10-15 items in the marked "Priorities" section. Again, this gives them plenty to choose from. I have always gotten something from my priorities in my shipment, if not both items. When I have a special occasion, I remove everything from my priorities except 10-15 special occasion outfits. So chances are I will get one of them. This has worked for graduations, weddings, etc. over this summer.
4.) Anything that is not in season, or you don't need, please put in your HOLD section o your account. I have everything winter, or special occasion, or things I can't use right away in the hold section.
5) Also click the 'return' notify button when you send something back. I think this gives them a head start. Normally within 24 hours I get a notice that my next box is being prepared. The shipping number takes another day or two, but I find that acceptable.
6) READ the reviews on each garment, AND check the size charts. The reviews from other members regarding items running small or large has been invaluable.
7) Mark on your calendar anytime you need to do something. For instance I had a month with a free upgrade from my 2 item subscription to 3 outfits. I immediately wrote on my calendar what day I needed to change my subscription back to 2 AND made sure to send the 3rd garment back 3 days prior to my billing date.
8) If you are going to buy from the GB shop, make sure you don't cancel your subscription until those items are in your hand. They ship with your subscription box. No subscription shipment box = no shop purchase shipment.
9) I am 40+ and enjoy current styled clothing, so I have no trouble finding a lot on the site to wear. I have found items that are casual as well as office friendly.
10) I also use Rent the Runway when I need a specific outfit for a specific date. Their clothes are designer pieces, and come with a designer rental price (I have rented single dresses from RTR costing $100+ for 4 days). GB service is similar but not the same. GB clothes are clothes you might find at Macy's, TJ Max, or other moderately priced stores. Think $40-$200 dresses. Not designer clothing. For my $70 per mont I get about 7 items per month to wear given the shipping turn around, and I don't have to pay shipping or dry cleaning bills. #winning

Those are just a few things I have done. Lastly, I think this service works best for those of us who already have a decent sized wardrobe of basics. It was not unusual for me to purchase a $100+ in online shopping per month for a few new pieces. Most rarely got worn more than 2 or 3 times. This service has eliminated that practice, so I actually save money. I use the service to try dresses that I normally wouldn't choose and or cost more than I will normally pay. I gave a bunch of my dated clothes to Goodwill and use the GB service for fun updated clothing. Since I have the basics covered, GB is a nice little addition.
My only con/feedback would be the shipment times. Most of the time from the time I select "return" notify on line, until I receive my next box is about 5 days. Given we are talking about the USPS I think that is pretty good. Sometimes it can take up to 7-8 days, which I do not find acceptable, but I still find the service to be a good value. I pray I never have some of the nightmare cancellation experiences others have had.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi D.B., We're glad to hear you are enjoying the service! Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough & thoughtful review. We really appreciate the time you took to share your great tips on how to get the most of your GB service. We will look into you feedback on the occasionally slow turnaround time. Thanks again & have a great day.
janen48
7/25/17

I have a question. I am paying monthly for the service but only receive items I have selected when I return something. There are some items I want to keep longer than a week but don't receive any selected items from my list. I continue to be charged so seems like I'm paying for nothing. I expected to receive 2 items per month as the contract stated.Also I have returned something 1 week ago and have received nothing.

Tip for consumers: I agree with others that the service started very well and then dropped off. I have payment taken monthly but do not receive selections monthly so be careful.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Jane, Thanks for contacting us in regards to your account. We took a look ... & it is running correctly.
You are currently on a 2 plan which allow you to have 2 garments out at a time. Members are able to keep garments out as long as they like. There are 3 ways to get replacement garments - 1) return notify that a garment is being returned (and then mail it within 12hrs) 2) return a garment without notifying (processing of next item won't start until we physically receive the return) or 3) purchase a garment in your At Home section.
At this time you currently have 2 items in your At Home section, in order to receive another item you can either complete 1 of the steps above or you can upgrade to a larger subscription plan. You can upgrade completely or you can purchase an additional slot for a limited period of time, please contact us if you're interested.
We received the City Chic Zip Trim Top In Royal on 7/17 and because you already have 2 items in your At Home, we would not be sending a replacement.
For more info, please contact customer service at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE.
Thanks & have a great day.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Edith! 1. You don't need to have an account to browse the collection. You can go to any of the drop down menus across the homepage, or just click here: https://closet.gwynniebee.com/a/clothing/new-arrivals 2. Yes, you are required to provide a valid credit card for the 30 day free trial, since we'll be sending out clothing. You can cancel any time before the 30 day free trial, quickly and easily.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gwynnie Bee