Review of Gwynnie Bee

Tel: 855-GWYNNIE(855-499-6643)
gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

sylviaa33
10/28/18

I love the styles, quality, and ease of return. I also love closetting! All my experiences with GB staff, on the phone, have been very positive and informative.

marissao6
10/25/18

I love Gwynnie Bee! I have purchased 50% of what has been sent to me. I have had fun finding new favorite brands.

deliae3
10/25/18

Loved the service, and loved the selection. Really enjoyed the surprises and being able to try on different fashions without necessarily buying all the items.

colleenf62
10/25/18

I was in the process of trying to lose weight and Gwynnie Bee was a perfect choice for me. It gave me the ability to choose from lots of different dresses in any size that I needed. It was great! As the get nearer to my goal weight I've decided to take a little break from Gwynnie Bee, but plan to start up again this Spring. Thanks Gwynnie Bee for helping me look stylish at work during my transformation.

kathiec18
10/25/18

Although I like the clothing I get, it seems I do not get what I have closeted as priorities, somethings I finally removed after being closeted for over 6 months

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Kathie,

Thank you for your feedback. We're so sorry you had to remove garments after 6 months - Please allow us to explain.

We do offer you the option to prioritize items that you would like to receive next. Our system will take those items into consideration first before other items in your closet. However, the items we send to you are based strictly on availability.
We would therefore, request you to go ahead and prioritize the garments you like and we’re certain you’ll receive one or more soon :).

Important note: Please closet as many garments as you conveniently can. We see that you’re on Plan-2, for which the minimum number of garments needed to trigger shipments, is 6. Now you’re at 8, which is great, but we’d recommend closeting as many as you can, just to overcome occasional garment unavailability – both for prioritized or non-prioritized garments.

For any further clarifications, please feel free to call Gwynnie Bee customer service at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) or write in at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. Phone lines are available 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Saturday. The team will be happy to assist you with all your questions and concerns.

We do hope our note helps.

Our best,
stephanieq12
10/25/18

I've had a positive experience with shipping, returns, quality, price, and customer service! The clothes fit well, are fashionable, and anything I don't love I return with minimal effort.

juliew274
10/25/18

I have found that Gwynnie Bee provides me with outfit alternatives, confidence and style.I love the service and constantly refer friends, co workers and family.

rebeccaj118
10/25/18

I love the variety of styles to choose from. I also love that I can adjust the sizes as I lose weight. I get compliments all the time on my wardrobe.

daniellem197
10/25/18

I really enjoy the rental part of Gwynnie Bee. Receiving new-ish clothes that I can wear and return is fun and an inexpensive way to have new things to wear each week.
However, I do not recommend purchasing brand new items from them. I have received the wrong size and had much difficulty obtaining a return slip and my money back.

sarahd295
10/11/18

I love everything about this service. Sometimes the processing time to send out new items after I've returned items isn't as fast as I'd like, but the clothing options are great and overall I love this service! I work a professional job and it's really nice to always have a fresh look without having to think too much about it. It has also worked really well to be able to wear a different dress for each of the handful of fancy evening events I go to each year, without having to buy a new dress each time.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Sarah,

Many thanks for writing in.

We value your feedback and it is heartening to see that you like our service, overall. We are sorry though that your perception about our shipping times has changed. We will be reaching out to you via email to address this concern, as well as the concern expressed about the recent 7-day upgrade.

Our intent is to make this a great experience for you and we will do that, soonest,

stephanied220
10/3/18

I have been a member of Gwynnie Bee for 1.5 years and at first I absolutely loved it! I could wear the outfits that week, return on Thursday and receive the clothes on that Monday or worst case scenario the Tuesday. Ever since they wanted to expand I have noticed a slow down in the shipments and problems with return notifications on the website. Also a few of the clothes quality was just not as good as the beginning, so much so I didn't even wear the clothes. If you asked me last year I would say yes I recommend it. Now I would say it is not worth the money! This month I haven't even been able to use the account and they would not issue me a refund. I wouldn't bother.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Stephanie,

We value your feedback and are sad to see your perception change over the last 18 months.
We intend to address and resolve your concerns in the best possible way and have reached out to you via email.

We hope to get back to delight you, with every shipment!

melodyej
9/24/18

I have been using Gwynnie Bee for a year now, and love it! I like the ability to chose styles I like, but don't have to be stuck with. It has been great to have new outfits all the time, and I get lots of compliments! I love the ability to return items without having them cleaned and ironed! It has been very helpful for my busy life! Gwynnie Bee is very practical and easy!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Melodye,

Thanks so much for detailing how we are able to make you happier :)!
We’re just so glad to be of help!

aliciaj46
9/20/18

I wish I had read the reviews on this site before trying Gwynnie Bee, as many people have had the same negative experience. I have tried lots of different subscription boxes, including clothes, food and beauty products, and this is the ONLY one I've ever had a bad experience with.

Overall, the clothes were okay. It is nice that they have a selection for larger sizes. But out of the several shipments I got over my month-long trial, I only wore one piece out.

I then canceled the subscription as I had planned to do after the trial period. No problems.

Fast forward to two months later when I see a charge for $86 from Gwynnie Bee on my statement. I called and they said they hadn't received a shipment of 2 dresses that I had sent back to them with their shipping label. On that phone call, they stated they would "look around the warehouse" and if still not found, would open a ticket with USPS to look for the package.

The following day I received an email asking about my customer service experience, and when I clicked on it, the site stated the ticket had already been closed and that I could not comment on it.

After waiting two weeks with no response, I called back. Again the rep stated they would look around the warehouse. I said that wouldn't be necessary, as they'd already done that and not gotten back to me. I asked if they keep the details of the return shipping labels they send out, and she said yes. I asked why they couldn't just track the label since they have it on file. She said it was my responsibility to provide it, and they couldn't do anything else. I asked to speak with a supervisor, was told there were none in the building, and that I would get a call back from one within 24-48 hours.

When (SHOCKER) I had not received a call back from management within the promised time, I called back yet again. This time they gave me a ticket #, said it was being escalated, and again to expect a call from a supervisor. I'm not holding my breath.

TL;DR - They charged me for items I returned with their shipping label. Per other reviews on this page, this seems like a common occurrence that the company should have resolved by now. Instead of apologizing and returning my money, they have given me the runaround. I'm going on three weeks and several phone calls of fighting with them for a refund. My ticket has been "escalated" by the past two reps, and still no call from a supervisor over several business days. If my money is not returned soon, I will have to work with my bank to reverse the charges.

I will be sure to tell my friends and family to stay away from this business, as well as leaving this review everywhere I can. I am also going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, at https://www.bbb.org/ and encourage anyone who's had a similar experience to do the same.

Tip for consumers: Worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Alicia,

We are sad to see you go, but we do understand your reasons for making this decision.
I can see that we did engage with you to better understand, address and resolve your concerns.

Yes, this issue could have been addressed sooner, for which we do sincerely apologize. For now, though, you can be confident that a full refund of the charges incurred on August 24, 2018 – has been done today.
You will see the monies in your account within 2-4 days.

We thank you for giving Gwynnie Bee a try.

shellj2
9/17/18
• Updated review

Gwynnie Bee,
Thank you for responding to my review. Yes, your are correct in saying it took several emails and calls to even get a shipment out. So far I have received only one item and the remaining shipment NEVER MADE IT TO USPS. I received a shipping notice shortly after posting my initial review, 09/11 and it's now 09/14 and USPS is showing a label created, but package not received. Come on GB! It's now been very close to 2 weeks. There are NO excuses for this kind of service or that i would have to take hours of my time to try and resolve this. Your CS team should have been on this from day one, sadly that was not my experience. USPS tracking 9405510898828032389666

“Good concept - Major fail in delivery”
9/15/18
• Previous review

I was excited to try out Gwynnie Bee and signed up for the initial free months trial that was offered. I have a big birthday coming up and I wanted to find a special dress for the occasion. Gwynnie Bee has you prioritize you closet, and they are supposed to ship off of availability and if possible, send your priorities first. I've been sent everything but my priory items. So, I decided to simplifiy the process and have only my priority items in my closet. I have 26 items in my closet and NOTHING is available or has been sent. I've have been waiting a full week for a shipment with GB's customer service doing absolutely nothing to help. I was offered a extra item as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience, but that doesn't help me when I'm not receiving my shipments. Not one of my 26 items in my closet are available and that leads me to believe that Gwynnie Bee has a major stocking/inventory problem. I've been told it's "growing pains" by GB CS, but it's sad that GB expects for their customers to bear the brunt of their dysfunction.
This has been a frustrating and disappointing experience, along with a complete waste of my time. It's a great concept, unfortunately GB did not deliver.

Tip for consumers: Don’t expect much or to be sent your priority items

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Shell,

Many thanks for taking the time to convey this very detailed and insightful feedback – it is most helpful.
Shell – we’re sad to see your experience has not been the best, for which we are sorry and we’ll do our best to change your perception of our service.

After your discussions with us via email and phone, I can observe considerable progress to the situation and see that a shipment of 4 garments, including 2 of your preferences, was shipped out yesterday.

Again, apologies for the speedbump in your experience, and we hope we can delight you with each shipment, henceforth.

vale12
9/10/18
• Updated review

In the end the must have lost my jeans even though I gave them all the details before the jeans should have even arrived in the mail. They refused to compensate me by paying for the jeans they lost or trading them for their jeans that they had sent out to me. They offered discounts and upgrades instead which meant nothing to me compared to a very well loved pair of jeans. I ended up cancelling my daughters account and mine. Very sad ending because I had been a customer for quite a few years from when they first started. I guess they didn't care about loosing customers now that they are a big business.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Val,

It's sad to learn about your decision.
We have a very stringent process in place to track all of our inbound and outbound shipments. We would have promptly shipped back any items if we had received them.

Yes, as a goodwill gesture, we did offer discounts and upgrades. We however, respect your decision and can only hope that someday you will be back with us.

Gwynnie
“Don't accidently send your own clothes back!”
9/8/18
• Previous review

I used to love this company until I accidently sent a pair of my cropped jeans back instead of their pair, which looked very similar. That was the end of May. I contacted them by email the next day when I realized it. I've emailed and called. I still have not gotten my jeans back! I'm very upset that they have not sent my jeans back, offered to replace them, or paid for them.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thank you for your feedback, Val.

carriev22
8/28/18

I more often than not don't get the selections I'd like. Either they don't have my size available, or even when on "priority," I never manage to receive them. It doesn't seem like the "priority" setting does much in determining what I receive, which is frustrating.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Thank you for your rating our service and for your feedback, Carrie.

We are sad to see that you are not as happy as you should be, with our service. Allows us to set things right - One of us will be reaching out to you via email, with an explanation about this.

ruthn40
8/28/18

I find the style selections to be redundant. The photos don't always accurately depict the merchandise. Sizing is confusing. But I have purchased most items that were sent. Overall, I am pleased.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Ruth

Many thanks for your feedback.
We appreciate you pointing out your satisfaction with the quality of what we offer. Regarding the styles - we take your views as feedback and will certainly convey them to the concerned areas at Gwynnie Bee. We'll be reaching out to you via email, with a more detailed note on this matter.

Thank you for your views and your business.

susans828
8/28/18

Lousy I have not been able to contact abreal person a waste of money do you get it. Terrible customer service

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Susan,

We are saddened to learn that you intend to cancel your subscription. One of us will be reaching out to you shortly.
We looked at your account and may have an idea of what the issue is. We are certain we'll be able to address and resolve all your concerns.

odeanan
8/27/18

I jumped on the Gwynnie Bee bandwagon early on and I'm glad I did. I realized that it wasn't so much that I liked clothes, what I really liked was new clothes. With Gwynnie Bee, I always have something new to wear without busting my budget. Great selection and easy shipping makes it perfect.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Many thanks for your kind words, Odeana!

Yes, you did join us early on and we appreciate every opportunity you've given us to add value to your day to day life :)

Your appreciation is most encouraging.

deniseh201
8/27/18

Both dresses were very nice but I bought one because it fit so splendidly. The fabric was light so it was the perfect summer dress. Very versatile for all occasions

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Many thanks for appreciating what we have to offer, Denise.
This is very encouraging.

rhondac86
8/27/18

I signed up but I've never ordered anything. I have tried to cancel my membership but it never gets canceled

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Rhonda,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are saddened to learn of your intent to cancel. We have reached out to you to resolve your concern.

Best,
jessicah320
8/27/18

Not enough of what I'm getting is wearable for my lifestyle. Cancelling subscription requires a phone call, which is inconvenient. Should be able to do electronically.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback.
We can clearly see two areas where an explanation is due. We have reached out to you via email, to better address both concerns.

Best,
jocelyned1
8/27/18

I subscribed to Gwynnie Bee for about 9 months. It SO fit my lifestyle as a medical professional, primarily wearing dresses to work. The Gwynnie Bee suggested sizes were helpful. They did have recommended styles for short people. This is where they aren't quite there. I'm about 5'3", and found the bust or waist on some of the suggested sizes far too low to be worn. They need to have short ladies try these fashions on before recommending. Easy to stop (I had bought so many of their sales dresses, I had enough!) and will resume when I need to

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Jocelyne,

We thank you for the very detailed feedback and your kind appreciation.
We are sad to see that you are no more part of the Gwynnie Bee experience, but have reached out to you via email - with a hope of seeing you back on board, soon.

ambert57
8/24/18

I really love the clothing selection. I really love being able to pick out my own clothes. But it takes *days* (sometimes 4 or 5) for my next box to go out. That is my biggest disappointment.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Amber,

Thank you for your appreciation :).
With reference to your concern around shipping times, we will research as to which aspect of our process is a cause for concern (Processing time or USPS delivery) and reach out to you via email.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience!

stefanier10
8/23/18

As soon as I return items i get a notice saying my next box is being prepped. But then it doesn't get shipped until 3 days later, so it often ends up being almost a week before I get my next box. :( I love the service and that i can always wear clothes that fit despite losing weight (from 20/22W to 14W!) But I have long gaps where I don't have anything at all to wear.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Stefanie,

Many thanks for sharing how well certain aspects of the service, are working for you.
As for your feedback about shipping delays, one of us will be reaching out to you via email, with an explanation about this.

Gwynnie.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Mischele, Thanks for your interest in Gwynnie Bee. The best way to judge our customer service is to try us out yourself. That's why we offer a 30 day free trial - check out our fashions, fun & customer service 1st hand. Try us us, we're absolutely free (we do pre-authorize credit cards), if you decide it's not for you, just cancel before your 1st bill date to avoid being billed. Please read our FAQs for more info (https://support.gwynniebee.com/hc/en-us) or contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE, for more info.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Gwynnie Bee