Review of Gwynnie Bee

Tel: 855-GWYNNIE(855-499-6643)
gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

amym630
2/28/19

I signed up and shortly realized it wasn't for me. I called to cancel and they persuaded me to try it for a little longer. Then I forgot about it and have wound up being billed for far too long. I should have cancelled. Have wasted a lot of money.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Amy,

Yes, we see that you did indeed have a conversation with us nearly two years back.
Upon checking your records, we see that your account has been active and billed ever since. We would therefore request you to reachout to us at your earliest convenience at 1-855-499-6643. Our phone lines are available from 9am to 6pm, Monday - Friday. You may also email us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com.

We are certain, our team will be able to address your concern in the best way possible.

Our best regards,
brenshas
2/28/19

I'm very frustrated when I pay Up to $200 a month for this service and have to go 4-5 days without any new clothing to wear. GB needs to work on getting shipments out faster and taking into account processing and shipping times. I would've kept my higher plan if this had been done but I was Still receiving shipments slower. Besides this important issue, I am Pleased with the app and variety of styles and sizes that are a available from GB.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Brensha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
We are glad to learn that you are happy with the styles, sizes and other aspects of our service

With reference to shipping timelines, we do our best to keep processing times well under 72 hours and USPS delivery to a max of 4 business days. However, at times, delays do occur, for which we have appropriate compensatory incentives in place. Having said that, to mitigate the risk of being without any Gwynnie Bee garments, if we may suggest – you may want to return garments in separate shipments with a lag of a couple of days. This way, you would not be without your favorite garments at any time. (Eg: For a shipment of 5 garments, you may want to return notify and send back 2 today and the remaining 3 after 2 days). Do feel free to reachout for additional return labels for this purpose, we’ll be happy to help.

We do hope this helps you get the most out of your subscription.

Kindest regards,
kimg229
2/23/19

I thought I was starting a trial. They automatically charged my card after the trial was supposed to be free. The card that they wanted was just to pre-authorize. I log into my bank because I got an alert they charged my card. It caused me to be overdrawn and I tried to contact them immediately I get a response stating they didn't charge my card so I did a screenshot of my bank account send it right back now they're telling me it'll be 48 hours before it's resolved. so are they going to pay two more days of overdraft plus the one I already have? It's the only response I can get from them this is the worst subscription company I have ever dealt with

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to learn about the circumstances which led you to cancel your membership with us.
We would love to set things right and will be reaching out to you with an explanation of what exactly happened in terms of the pre-auth.
You may expect our call within the day or tomorrow.

We are certain, post a conversation with us, your perception about our service will change for the better.

Best regards,
deannap38
2/7/19

I gave Gwynnie Bee a try hoping it would give me a more varied Wardrobe and in that regard it was fun to try things I might not normally purchase, however if you did like an item the cost to purchase was simply too expensive. First you pay the monthly fee and then you pay more than retail for a used item? I fell in love with a Donna Morgan dress. Gwynnie Bee wanted me to pay $70 (after paying them $69 just to give it a try). It's a USED dress ya'll. I found the same dress at Nordstrom Rack for $39.97 and it wasn't used. Same thing happened with a Lucky Brand shirt. I found it new at Steinmart for less than GB wanted for used..?? Seriously, GB, what's up with the prices for used clothing? That was when I decided I could take my $69 to my favorite designer discount stores and purchase items rather than paying Gwynnie Bee for the privilege of trying them on and excessively more if I wanted to keep an item.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello DeAnna,

We are sorry to see you go and would have loved an opportunity to walk you through our monthly garment rental service and its many benefits. There is a considerable cost benefit, when it comes to free cleaning, shipping, with upto 8 garments per month on average (for plan 2), to name a few.

I would kindly point out here, that your monthly rental fee is for the manifold benefits of the service, however, charges for purchasing garments – are indeed separate.

We are sad that you parted ways with the perception you penned down and would love for you to consider re-joining. Do please call us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643). Phone lines are available 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. ET Monday to Friday. Our team would love to explain things better over a phone conversation.

Our very best,
clarkb23
1/24/19

Almost a year after my wife cancelled, they are still hitting my credit card. No matter what you do they won't stop trying to get another 75 bucks a month out of you.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Clark,

We can clearly see you are unhappy with the way things have gone with your wife’s account.
We intend to help resolve this matter at the very earliest. Kindly ask your wife to reach out to us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) or write in at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. Phone lines are available 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Friday. The team will be happy to assist her and address her concerns in the best possible way.

abih6
12/21/18

I had been a fan of Gwynnie Bee, but they have been an utter disappointment this holiday season. Like a lot of people, I have a Christmas party every day of this week. I knew holiday party week was coming, so I returned my last items early (Dec.10&11). It's now Dec. 19th. I have not received a new shipment, nor has a the next shipment shipped out. With the weekend and holiday coming up, I think it is realistic to guess that I will not have had a Gwynnie Bee item in hand from Dec. 11 until Dec. 26 (or later!). That is, literally, the two weeks of the year when this service should provide the most value. Total disappointment.

Epic failure for holiday dresses.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hello Abi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We see that you spoke with one of our representatives on December 19th, post which a set of 3 garments were shipped out the very next day. With that, we trust your concern was addressed.

However, should you need any further assistance, please feel free to reach us at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) or write in at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. Phone lines are available 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Friday. The team will be happy to assist you and address your concerns in the best possible way.

shawnl111
11/27/18

These guys are jerks. Once they have your bank account info they just take your money reguardless whether you cancelled your subscription. Their policy is they do not under any circumstance do they do refunds. This company has really crappy one sided business practices. Beware!
One more thing i tried to leave a review and only found glowing reviews unless you specifically search for bad reviews. Obviously they dont want some of us to be heard... Isnt that kind of content control untruthful?

jenniferm737
11/13/18

I could hardly find anything that I liked in my size. I usually like more minimalist pieces in distinctive neutrals (i.e., not all black). Most of what was available were floral print dresses that were much too young for me - also, I rarely wear dresses. Also, the mobil site was really glitchy. It was slow to load and I would be directed to items that I hadn't clicked on. After several hours of trying to find stuff I even wanted to look at more closely, then being misdirected to items I didn't like, I gave up and canceled my trial membership.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Jennifer,

We are so sorry that you chose to part ways, just a day into your Free Trial. We can though, completely understand your reasons for making that choice.
This is certainly not the experience and perception we would want anyone to walk away with.

Please allow us to set things right.

I have asked one of my associates to reach out to you with a more detailed note on how we intend to address your disappointment and assist you in getting the most out of your subscription. Look out for our email and do please consider giving Gwynnie Bee another chance.

Our kindest regards,
margy
11/5/18

I called asking how to get the best from my subscription. The person on the phone didn't listen but immediately told my I was wrong about everything. She read from her screen as though I could see it - and said to me over and over that Gwinnie Bee was doing everything promised and that I should not be unhappy. The irony was I didn't call because I was unhappy I was trying to figure out HOW to ensure that Monday morning I had three items in my closet to wear each week. BUT SHE NEVER HEARD THAT! I still don't know how to make that happen and she was NOT in any way interested in helping but interested only in proving my perceived dissatisfaction wrong. I enjoy Gwinnie Bee service until I have to deal with one of their humans directly and then I find the humans arrogant and insufferable.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Marg,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
We are so sorry that your interaction with us was less than satisfactory and we would certainly be looking into this. Feedback like this only helps us course correct as needed – and is very valuable.

We also thank you for taking the time to mention that you did enjoy our service. You can be confident Marg, that we will most certainly get back to delighting you, soonest.

For starters, we will be listening to the call and will be reaching out to you to better explain ourselves.

Again, we value our association with you and apologize for your recent experience.

Warmest regards,
lisas949
11/1/18

There's so much variety. Reasonable priced, high end designers to build my wardrobe around. If it doesn't fit, or you don't like it in real life, you can just send it back!

blythem1
10/31/18

I enjoy the entire Gwinnie Bee experience. I enjoy the edit of products and the opportunity to try during a rental - and possibly buy if I love the item (found some fantastic jeans and some pants - rated very high on the shopping difficulty scale.

daniellam8
10/30/18

Overall, I am pleased to use this service. Most of the clothing is compliment worthy, and it's fun to have new things every week. I wish that there was a better way to search for what I am looking for on the app, and the cost per item could be less. I have been a member for a couple of years now and it would be nice to be thrown a bone (aka free extra items like when I was new) every now and then.

amyw341
10/30/18

I tell everyone I know about Gwynnie Bee! Great dresses for a great price! I get a new dress every week.

kimmiey
10/30/18

Always an easy and delightful experience when (if ever) I have to call customer service. They are fast, Knowledgeable kind and very consistent. I am always very satisfied with the results of my request upon my reason for calling. The representative is very clear and understanding in my request. I highly recommend this company.

larizag
10/29/18

I don't always get the styles I've selected. I have selected items and they stayed in my closet for months. I ended up deleting them because I've never received them.

heathert111
10/29/18

Tried to cancel with them awhile ago, but they told me that I would need to call the 1-800 number. As if I have time to deal with that!

marys1052
10/28/18

The clothes are nice, I love not having to shop. It would also be great if they could take money off if you buy items during the month.

yvettea25
10/28/18

Gwynnie Bee allows me to maintain a professional wardrobe without the hassel of running from store to store or keeping something I picked and found I don't like.

vanessar84
10/28/18

Like getting a surprised with a new wardrobe option. Only wish that the more popular options did not take so long to get.

sylviaa33
10/28/18

I love the styles, quality, and ease of return. I also love closetting! All my experiences with GB staff, on the phone, have been very positive and informative.

marissao6
10/25/18

I love Gwynnie Bee! I have purchased 50% of what has been sent to me. I have had fun finding new favorite brands.

deliae3
10/25/18

Loved the service, and loved the selection. Really enjoyed the surprises and being able to try on different fashions without necessarily buying all the items.

colleenf62
10/25/18

I was in the process of trying to lose weight and Gwynnie Bee was a perfect choice for me. It gave me the ability to choose from lots of different dresses in any size that I needed. It was great! As the get nearer to my goal weight I've decided to take a little break from Gwynnie Bee, but plan to start up again this Spring. Thanks Gwynnie Bee for helping me look stylish at work during my transformation.

kathiec18
10/25/18

Although I like the clothing I get, it seems I do not get what I have closeted as priorities, somethings I finally removed after being closeted for over 6 months

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Kathie,

Thank you for your feedback. We're so sorry you had to remove garments after 6 months - Please allow us to explain.

We do offer you the option to prioritize items that you would like to receive next. Our system will take those items into consideration first before other items in your closet. However, the items we send to you are based strictly on availability.
We would therefore, request you to go ahead and prioritize the garments you like and we’re certain you’ll receive one or more soon :).

Important note: Please closet as many garments as you conveniently can. We see that you’re on Plan-2, for which the minimum number of garments needed to trigger shipments, is 6. Now you’re at 8, which is great, but we’d recommend closeting as many as you can, just to overcome occasional garment unavailability – both for prioritized or non-prioritized garments.

For any further clarifications, please feel free to call Gwynnie Bee customer service at 1-855-GWYNNIE (855-499-6643) or write in at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com. Phone lines are available 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. (ET) Monday to Saturday. The team will be happy to assist you with all your questions and concerns.

stephanieq12
10/25/18

I've had a positive experience with shipping, returns, quality, price, and customer service! The clothes fit well, are fashionable, and anything I don't love I return with minimal effort.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Edith! 1. You don't need to have an account to browse the collection. You can go to any of the drop down menus across the homepage, or just click here: https://closet.gwynniebee.com/a/clothing/new-arrivals 2. Yes, you are required to provide a valid credit card for the 30 day free trial, since we'll be sending out clothing. You can cancel any time before the 30 day free trial, quickly and easily.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gwynnie Bee