Review of Gwynnie Bee

Tel: 855-GWYNNIE(855-499-6643)
gwynnie@gwynniebee.com

alyxias
9/25/15

I have been a customer for over 6 months now. I see the time to get items have improved and I love the recommendations on the website. I have referred some of my family members who fit into the sizes and they love their free trial so far. I'm hooked and would recommend you try it for a couple of months.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Alyxia, thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the service.
francescab7
9/19/15

I've been a gwynnie bee subscriber for about 3 months now. I agree with many of the bad reviews on some points. The clothes are nice, but the material can be cheap sometimes. A lot of garments are made of that polyester stretch fabric so common in plus size clothes, which is a turn off to me. Also, the shipping is a little slow and it can be frustrating. The style is hit or miss. Sometimes I love what they've come out with that week, and sometimes it's butt ugly. And the prices to buy are really expensive, but they have 30% off sales all the time. Despite all this, it is a really great service. I get complimented on my outfits at least once a day and it's nice because it does seem like I have an unlimited wardrobe. I use it for work clothes and end up wearing my own clothes only about half the time. I've still got work clothes I've only worn once this school year. Finally, it's great if you're losing weight like me and don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes that won't fit you for long. This way, when I drop a size I just change it in my closet. Give it a try! I really like it!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Francesca, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review! We're glad to hear your experience is overall positive. If you have any additional feedback, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
karlab5
9/15/15

Good heavens Gwynnie Bee stop emailing me. Your prices for used clothing are ubsurd and I can shop thrift stores myself and they dont TORTURE me with six emails a day.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Karla, we're sorry to hear you're feeling frustrated. Please feel free to email us at support@gwynniebee.com and we'll help get you unsubscribed from our email list. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
nikkib26
9/14/15

After giving them a glowing review over a year ago, they screwed up my bank account. All of a sudden after over a $1,000.00 of rental fees, my card was not working (only with them, and no problem with any other business at all) so they stopped sending me clothes but kept "accruing" my account. They literally told me it was a gym membership and in order to cancel my account I had to pay them money (for NO clothing mind you) so they could make my account current in order to cancel my account. (scam, right?) Since it was their IT issue, I refused and told them to reset my account since I had no clothing ever in my possession that was not paid for. I am not paying for a membership. I am paying for clothes.
Now three months after a dead account, that they could not bill supposedly, I inquired to see if there was a way to resolve this. What did they do? They charged my account and it went through and bounced a bunch of charges for me.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Nikki, thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying your experience with us.
deionnaa
9/8/15

I am a member and it is my referral link; I just graduated and this service is amazing! If you use my link I get $25 towards my subscription!

COPY THIS LINK - http://goo.gl/dHnoZe

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Deionna, thanks for the positive review! We're glad to hear you'd recommend people to our service.
ashleea1
9/5/15

I've been a member for over a year with little to no complaints. Came across this site on online and since then I've introduced it to pretty much everyone in my family, big and small, because the styles alone are worth seeing. With many options to fit my many moods.. some days I dont want to be around people.. but theres an event coming up I need a new dress for.. Gwynnie bee delivers to my door.. Time saver and peace of mind.. even a few must haves for date nights with the husband..

Never lost an item. Never been over charged. They do send alot of emails but so does my grandmother so I cant complain.. It has crossed my mind that things may be over priced.. But with exception of my prom dress and wedding dress, I cant say I've worn anything worth $400..

This service boost my confidence and makes me happy trying on new clothes.. worst feeling ever showing up to an event and some one is wearing your outfit..The only time Ive ever seen an outfit from this site on another person was on a lady at the bank 2 states over..

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Ashlee, thanks for taking the time to write a nice review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with us.
christieb5
8/27/15

Beware!!!! You'll still be charged the full price of the clothing you send back. I sent back 2 shirts that I never wore, and was still charged $154. Still waiting on my money back. Customer service sucks as well. Never recommending yall. And please stop sending me emails....I've tried to remove myself from the mailing list, but yet I still get emails?! Ugh. Could it be any more annoying.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Christie, we're sorry to hear about your issues after cancelation. If this was not addressed to completion, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com and we'll be happy to help resolve it. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
lisas183
8/26/15

I am very dissatisfied with the customer support I received. I cancelled on Aug 21st, the last day of my 30 day free trial and returned my at-home items within the 7 days and was still charged the monthly fee on Aug 21st, even though the FREE trial had not even ended. You should not charge FREE trial members until day 31or at least explain this info to FREE trial members! I am still waiting on a refund from you via PayPal which means another three or four days of waiting to receive my money that you shouldn't have taken from my account anyway! So much for a FREE trial. Nothing but a headache and stress!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Lisa, we're sorry to hear about your issues after cancelation. If this was not addressed to completion, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com and we'll be happy to help resolve it. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
annag50
8/19/15

I am just thrilled with this service. I signed up for 7 pieces per week, and I know I'm still saving money on clothes because with this service I am no longer tempted to shop elsewhere. When I use the size charts for each item I get a great fit. I probably send back about 3 out of 7 pieces because they just don't look good on me, but how marvelous that I get to try these things at home! I've stretched my style boundaries, and that is a real blast! Customer service has been prompt and always more than satisfactory. I'm so glad I decided to take the plunge and try Gwynnie Bee!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Anna, we're so happy to hear that you are thrilled with your GB experience! Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
blobbyb1
8/18/15

Wow, this seemed good, but does not seem to be a legit business. It appears to be some immature girl's idea of a joke. I know I'm fat. I thought this would be a good solution. But I signed up and am now barraged with emails for being too fat. I just want to shoot myself.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Blobby, we're sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience. If you'd like help to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
heatherh40
8/15/15

I am honestly shocked to see so many negative reviews, because joining GB has been the best fashion decision I've ever made in my life. But let me respond to some comments others have made.

"The dresses don't fit". Really? Because there is a sizing chart for nearly every single item. I've used it- and my tape measure- and I've been 100% successful. That sounds like user error to me!

"Shipping is too slow". A few things. First, if you notify when you are returning, they prepare your package right away. I have had my new package sent within 12 hours of notifying, which means they did NOT wait to have the item in hand- they trusted me to be honest. Second, GB pays the post office for speedy delivery. If USPS is not making good on the three day delivery, they should be accountable. Thirdly, did you contact GB? Because they offer an item credit (meaning they send an extra item) if you are unsatisfied.

"Clothes are cheap". No they aren't. They aren't runway high fashion, but they are a far cry from discount store 'cheap'. They are of a much better quality than what you would typically find at department stores.

"They charged my credit card on a free trial". No. They did the exact same thing that all companies do- they ran a 'pending' charge to ensure that the credit card is usable. Call your credit card if you don't believe it- they'll explain it to you. The same thing happens with pretty much any monthly subscription that you join.

"Clothes are expensive". I agree. That's why I just rent instead of buy.

I think GB has been AMAZING. I used to have absolutely no idea how to dress myself. Ever since I gained weight into plus sizes, I pretty much gave up any hope of looking nice. Since I'm a teacher, that was bad news for me. But as soon as I joined GB, I read up on my body type, took my measurements, and browsed the recommended clothing to flatter my body type. The results have been life changing, and that is not an exaggeration. The usually frumpy teacher gets at least three compliments a day now. Sometimes from middle school students. Do you know how rare it is to get compliments on clothing from middle school kids!?!?! I would absolutely, definitely recommend GB to any plus sized woman. Plus it's a free trial, so what is there to worry about?

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Heather, we're so glad to hear you love your GB experience! We're happy to have you with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a great review.
heatherh39
8/14/15

I signed up for the free one month trial and was overall disappointed. They ship from Ohio using USPS and honestly it is really slow. From the time I ship back to get a new package it is about a week. It would be better if as soon as you mark it as shipped back they sent the new garments but they wait to have them in hand before sending anything new out so the wait time is just way too long. A lot of the clothes are cheap quality and cost a decent amount on the sites they come from, but honestly when your weight fluctuates and you don't want to constantly be buying new things it is a good thing to be able to rent. I wish they had more styles that I liked and shipped faster because I would consider keeping a membership but I honestly cannot deal with how slow they are.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Heather, we're sorry to hear about your disappointments with the service. We welcome any additional feedback you might have for us to better improve the experience for you. You can reach us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the future.
sorayas2
8/13/15

I look at most of dresses and other things . On my cellphone . After an hour I can not find one dress that I could say ok!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Soraya, we're sorry to hear that you didn't find items you are excited for and would love to get more feedback about what types of brands/styles you would have liked to see. If you are interested in providing more feedback, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
lorib37
8/11/15

A friend recommended Gwynnie Bee so I browsed the clothes and then signed up for the free trial. After the sign up there very so very few things available in my size! I spent nearly an hour browsing for just about any top in a 2-4x, found four, which isn't enough to get your shipments started. Found this very frustrating so I cancelled.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Lori, we're sorry to hear that you didn't find items you are excited about would love to get more feedback about what types of brands/styles you would have liked to see. If you are interested in providing more feedback, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
brooked6
8/10/15

During my second year of GB, I reduced my plan and cancelled at one point due to increasing dissatisfaction with several things. First, their front line customer service by email is terrible. The people struggle with basic English grammar and often give trite and unhelpful answers. After going on circles, I've asked to have someone at a higher level, preferably from the US contact me. If you're not a native speaker, fine, but when that impacts your ability to provide reasonable customer service, I'm over it. Secondly, GB uses USPS which seems to be growing slower and less reliable. I've had several packages get routed to the wrong place or continue to show as due for delivery on a date that was a few days in the past with no update. GB takes virtually no responsibility for their choice of shipper, including when a delay of a week meant I left on a long trip with no GB item. When I explained to the CS person I'd be without an item for over a month, they offered to ship me a free extra item immediately (keep in mind - just told them I'm gone a month) - this gives you an idea of the comprehension issues. Additionally, I won a contest for a 3 item plan for 3 months. Since I have a 1 item plan, I asked for clarification and was told a credit would post to my account equal to 3 items for 3 months. Given recent unreliability on GB's part, I kept the email. Good thing because they started charging me after 3 months and NOT after the credit amount I was told I'd won would be used up. When I contacted CS, they required proof of what I was told - I find it appalling they don't know what their own prize winnings are! I now have to wait 2 days for them to decide whether I was supposed to be forced into an unwanted 3 item plan for those 3 months - unbelievable! As soon as my free credits are used, I'm done!

Tip for consumers: Keep plenty of clothes in your closet, contact CS for any issues and they will take good care of you, read the other customer tips on a garment for fit suggestions

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Brooke, we're happy to hear that your experience with us has been positive overall! Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review, we appreciate hearing your thoughts. If there is any further feedback you'd like to give, please email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
vikil2
7/27/15

I have worn top of the line clothing for my entire professional life of 25+ years ( I am 50 this year!)- Michael Kors, Donna Karen, Tory Burch, etc $300++..Being a size 14 you are limited in how much high quality product is available. After the recession I found myself buying $100 outfits at Nordstrom & Macy's - so doing Inc, Calvin Klein, etc...If I try something cute from Kohl's say - well, it may have only been $30 but it doesn't last long.

Gwynnie Bee has become a savior for someone my size that still wants tons of new, high quality clothing but doesn't want to spend hundreds of dollars to get them. They do have some cheaper brands but you don't have to choose them. Whomever was saying they don't have good brands was crazy- Karen Kane, Johnny Was, Melissa Masey, Isabel & Alice, Anna Sholtz, Eliloqui are perhaps not couture, but they are still at least $100-$300 retail for their outfits and you can rent them and wear them as much as you want & send them back. For $100 per month, I can have 5 outfits at any given time, and as soon I as I notify them I am returning they send out my package, so technically I have like 8-9, just some are in transit. I cannot buy that many, high quality outfits anywhere for that amount of $$!!

It's been 4 months - so still new - but i have upgraded my membership each month and will continue to do so. I'm going for the $159 next month. Maybe 20% of the clothes are too young for me, as far as jeans, etc.. but I am ONLY looking for high quality dresses 100%of the time. If you need professional clothes for work - and you are lucky enough to be a curvy girl - you have found your answer for cute new clothes all the time for a fraction of what it would cost to purchase them!! Though I have bought a $400 Anna Sholtz dress for $40, and $300 Isabel & Alice dress for $23!! It took about 3 weeks and 3 shipments for me to get the sizing right but since then - it is a highlight of each week!!

Try them out - don't listen to these bad reviews, follow instructions and be patient in the beginning until you get how it works. They do not charge you for your free month - they pre-auth the card to make sure it works in case someone keeps (steals) the clothes - duh!! But it comes out & goes back in immediately. The shipments come within 3 days. And their customer service is some of the best I've seen! ( and I own a multi million dollar customer service company!)

Viki

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Viki, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Gwynnie Bee! We're so happy to hear that you have enjoyed the service so much, and hope that you'll continue to be a member for years to come.
elizabethc79
7/20/15

I will absolutely NEVER recommend this service to ANYONE. I do a plethora of online shopping, and never have I run into a company who claims a free trial, shows you a zero balance when submitting your registration, yet STILL CHARGES YOUR CARD THE FULL AMOUNT FOR THE FIRST MONTH as a "Test". When I called customer service, they said it's listed in their terms and conditions - I'm sure it is - buried beneath generic legal statements every company is required to communicate. I'm sorry, but in what world is it OK to charge your customers the full amount, while showing a zero balance at checkout? Shady, shady company. Stay away, ladies.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Elizabeth, we're sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our pre-authorization process. If you'd like to provide us with additional feedback, you can email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
stephanies83
7/13/15

I have been a member for a year. They have gone downhill fast. They used to have a nice selection of designer clothes. Now it's mostly cheaply made house brands like Jete and cheap mass market brands like City Chic. Plus, the clothes I do like quickly get grayed out (size not available due to high demand). I've frequently received items with missing belts. Perhaps the worst is the ridiculously slow shipping. They had a promotion where you get an extra item for life, but since that promotion started the shipping has slowed to a crawl.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Stephanie, we're sorry to hear you've had some disappointments with your service. We'd love to hear what brands and styles you'd like to see. If you'd like to let us know or provide us with additional feedback, you can email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
lolap3
7/7/15

I was a customer for Gwynnie Bee for 7 months.
Pros: trying new styles and brands

Cons: slow shipping, 70% of what I added or wanted to add to my closet would be out of my size 1x, lots of items I added to my closet I never had a chance to try as they were retired all the while I was waiting on my size, service was fair to good the beginning the last few months shipping was slower items were missing belts and straps, the cost of purchasing an already worn item was high, the new styles for spring and summer were lacking quality and a selection of different styles.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Lola, we're sorry to hear about the bumps in your experience with us. If you'd like to give us any additional feedback, you can email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
katiek24
7/2/15

Although I unfortunately no longer have a Gwynnie Bee account due to financial reasons, I need to let everyone know how amazing Gwynnie Bee's customer service team is. Whenever I had questions they were answered immediately, whether by email or phone.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Katie, thank you for the kind review about our customer service! We hope to see you back with us one day.
soniap7
6/30/15

Ladies I want to tell you about this site I came across; I signed up for a free trial; and I had the best experience possible. Gwynnie Bee.( This is a try, then buy it, or simply return it and try something else) store. They range in sizes 10 to 32. You can find beautiful chic clothing for Beautiful Curvy Women. Returns and cleaning of merchandise is FREE!!!
Customer Service is great, navigating on and around the site is very easy; and you can fill your rack with many pieces. You choose how many pieces you want out at a time then you pick a monthly plan. Wear, Return, try something else.

Great Site Beautiful Curvy Ladies. You need to try it.
LOVE TO SHOP HERE!!!!!

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Sonia, thanks for take the time to write a great review! We're happy to hear about your positive experience.
lisaw95
6/29/15

I really thought Gwynnie Bee and I were going to be a lasting love affair but after only three months I've kicked my membership to the curb. There is plenty of selection on the clothing and while I didn't love everything, I did end up purchasing one dress from them in that time period. Some of the brands that they offer are cheap and shameless money grabs but some of it was quite well made.

The number one problem with Gwynnie Bee is their service or lack there of. I live two hours away from their warehouse and experienced a credit once for slow service (Although slow service was a constant problem). They ship everything from the USPS and I had a problem with them picking up my packages although they're already paid for -- I complained to the USPS and to Gwynnie Bee. Gwynnie Bee's suggestion was to "add" more items into my closet, they didn't even read what my email was really about. This last go around with Gwynnie Bee was the one I couldn't look past.

They shipped me another customer's order. I emailed them on Friday to tell them, the customer service rep told me my package was "obviously" still in the mail and going to come and to just mail back the items I got that weren't mine. The package that was "still coming" was the one I received, they had put another persons items into my box with my tracking number. I had to email a picture of the package label as proof and beg them for a credit to my account. I bet their rep still thinks my package is coming. I even said to her on the phone, I don't understand why I just had to do *YOUR* job.

The customer service rep said that it would take up to two days to delete the items off of my account that I never received and that she would give me a week with an extra item for my problems. Two days go by and one of the items were still showing up on my account. No shipment was triggered during that time. So, I was without items and it was their fault.

I wanted to luv Gwynnie Bee but for $40 a month, my service experience was abysmal. Every time I turned around there was a problem and they were all problems controllable by them.. I wish some of your membership fee went towards the items you purchase but let's face it -- if you can't get good service or items in the mail, why pay so much? I will just take my business to the retailers that I like directly and start buying a piece at my local mall every month vs. dealing with the stress they invoke.

So much potential, so fond of showing off on their website how many members they have but do any research on reviews or look on their Facebook page and the complaints are the same: Slow shipments, bad service, missing items, etc . . . . It wasn't my experience at first but it became mine as well.

Definitely recommend you take your money elsewhere. No excuse for this with the price they charge.

I also emailed and told them to make sure that I don't get charged for the item still left on the account that I never received. I warned them that if I get charged for it, I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I was assured over email that I wouldn't be charged and you can bet i'm keeping the entire conversation from them until I know for sure. I don't trust people that screw up the #1 essential of retail which is customer service (Update: They did cancel the membership and I wasn't charged but I think that's only because I made them very *aware* that I had the details of the conversation saved and they had better not make another mistake).

Reason I updated this review (And dropped them down another star): After making it very clear that I cancelled my account due to how bad the service was, Gwynnie Bee left a comment on here, I'm guessing me telling the truth about how awful they are isn't that popular. I currently have a subscription box (not clothing) that comes all the way from CA and is a MUCH better service than Gwynnie Bee . . . Please someone take their subscription plus size concept and run with it and knock them out of business. There is no excuse for so many dissatisfied customers. If I received terrible service and I live two hours away, I really wonder how anyone else stands them.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Lisa, we're sorry to hear about your less than stellar experience with us. If your issue is still unresolved or if you'd like to give us any additional feedback, you can email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours. We welcome any additional comments you have.
dianas39
6/25/15

I've been a member of GB over a year,I started with the free trial 3 items at a time and upgraded to end at 10 items out at a time (159$) and I have a free item for life from GB and pay for 2 extra items (15$/mo each) in the beginning of June there was a slower shipping time for maybe a week.
I spoke to my mail carrier and I leave parcels out with a note for her. I take photos of the tracking # for my return items.
It takes 2 days for an item to be returned and they ship to you 3 day priority,though I usually get my shipments in 2 days from GB.
I've been a member long enough to know that if you closet new arrivals quickly and prioritize what you want it works a lot more efficiently. They send an email with weekly wants and as long as you closet what you want you should be covered. I tend to mail back on Saturday that way before the next weekend I get new choices for wearing.
I've never cancelled but I'd assume you should return notify them send back before you cancel.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi Diana, thanks for the positive review! We're glad to hear you're having a good experience with us.
tj96
6/12/15

I've been a member for just over 1 year now and I have to say, it was a much better service in the beginning.

Cons:
- Slow shipping/lack of inventory: You will hopefully get a package about once per week, sometimes once every 10-14 days. I used to get a shipping notice within 24-48 hours after return notifying. Now, I'm lucky if I get a ship notice within their designated time limit of 72 hours. And when I send them a message to ask when I will get a shipment, I'm told that I return notified a day later than I actually did, and that they are still within their timeframe, but they will make sure an item goes out to me soon. (I take screen shots of when I return notify and don't appreciate being lied to.). And yes, I have over 100 items in my closet, which is way over the recommended amount. Also, their inventory is greatly lacking. If you do not closet something as soon as it comes out, it will be grayed out due to over demand. - that's not acceptable.

- Poor Clothing Quality
I refuse to closet items that I can buy at a discount store for $15-20. Gwynnie Bee used to carry great quality brands like Kiyonna, Land's End, Igigi, and other high end designers. Now they carry mostly Gwynnie Bee house brands (made of cheap polyester) and cheap brands like Leota, FTF, Junarose and Dorothy Perkins. I'm still a member because they still carry quality brands such as London Times, Taylor, Karen Kane, Johnny Was and Eloquii. They also carry a few Cherry Velvet dresses, which I love. But I've noticed that with each new release, they are adding fewer and fewer quality brands and adding more and more of the crappy ones. If they get rid of the quality designers, they lose my membership.

- Lack of different styles
While I'm talking about brands, lets get into the styles. Gwynnie Bee used to have a wide selection of styles for different body types. What we are seeing now is the same few styles over and over again in different prints. How many prints of the exact same dress or top do you want to wear??

- Customer Service
Customer service is farmed out to India and it used to be really good. Now it's become a game to see which cut and paste paragraph (that has poor grammar) response you'll receive. I've been noticing lately that the responses don't have anything to do with my actual question.

-Bogus charges to your credit card
Yep, you heard me. Be careful if you cancel, make sure to change to a credit card or paypal first. GB has been known to charge you even when you cancel. Or charge you for clothes you returned but they did not check back into their system. One customer cancelled, then re-joined 6 months later and was charged $800 for back payments (when she wasn't a member and wasn't receiving clothes) It took GB several days to give her back her money and they made her feel like they were doing her a favor. If you look at their facebook page, you'll see lots of these incorrect charges happening to folks (without warning).

There are other cons, but these are the ones that bug me the most.

Pros:
- Customer Service
I know, I know, I just listed as a con, well, they have their good points. They are typically quick to respond - usually the same day or the next day.

- Ever changing Wardrobe
Great way to increase your wardrobe without increasing your physical closet. It's been really fun to try new styles and new brands that I don't usually have access to or don't want to spend the money to purchase.

- No dry cleaning or laundry bill
It's great to wear something and send it back and not have to worry about cleaning it. (Although, check each garment you get, I have received dirty, smelly items in the past, but not in the last 3 mos)

- When it works smoothly, it's worth the money
When shipping isn't delayed, garments are clean, etc. it's definitely worth the money.

- Sometimes they give you free upgrades
Once in a while, you may receive an e-mail for a 60 or 90 day free item upgrade. That's a nice perk, but I think it causes some of the shipping and inventory issues.

Overall, when Gwynnie Bee works smoothly it's a wonderful service. I've gone from 5 items at a time to 1 item at a time because of the shipping delays and lack of inventory. If I'm waiting, I'm not wearing. If another company offered the same service, I'd leave GB in a heartbeat, because they don't value their customers.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi T J, thank you for the detailed review and comments on your experience with us. We appreciate it. If any issue is still unresolved or if you'd like to give us any additional feedback, you can email us at support@gwynniebee.com. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours. We welcome any additional comments you have.
jh257
6/7/15

I was never fond of wearing dresses and I didn't know what worked for me and what didn't. You have to closet a lot of items if you want to keep shipping time down. You have to click the "return notify" option if you want to keep your shipping time down. If they are taking longer, email them and let them know. I personally have never had a problem with shipping. I closeted so many items even items that I didn't think would look good on me. I didn't even think I liked anything they had to offer. But when every time I got a shipment, I would become more familiar with dresses and the like. Not every dress is wear-able for me. I have to send things back due to incorrect size or even because I just don't like the way it looks on me. But that is the point. I get to rent clothes and try them on without the commitment of buying them for keeps...unless I want to, of course. I have nothing bad to say about GB. I have dealt with customer service multiple times and they are great and handled all my issues promptly and correctly. I am going to continue with service because it is awesome. If you don't like dresses then this service isn't for you. GB is not a scam. it is a very good business that I want to stick around for the long run. If you have clothes in your closet that are out of season for you then you need to put those items on hold. You put in your closet, GB is going to assume you want it. So if you don't want summer clothes during winter then put all the summer items on hold until summer rolls around again. It's not that hard.

Tip for consumers: Closet as many items as you can. If some items aren't wearable for whatever season you are in then you need to put them on hold. GB can't read your mind and know what weather every single person will be having around the time of shipment.

Response from Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Hi J H., thanks for the great and detailed review! We're glad to hear you're loving the service.

You have to re-add them, but there is a "history" section that keeps track of your items so they are easier to find.

By Russelle H.

Yes, however, if you request the new arrivals at the right time (when they come out, and right when you are returning something) then you can often get new clothing items.

By Beth S.

It means they will upgrade your items by 1 for the life of your plan. If you sign up for 5 items, and stay with 5 items, you will get 1 free upgrade meaning you will get 6 items. If you change your plan later however, that free upgrade could go away. SandieB

By Sandie B.

Hi Wei - thanks so much for your interest in Gwynnie Bee! We currently start at a size 10. With summer approaching there will definitely be more sleeveless/shorter styles but you may want to check back in the fall for more modest silhouettes.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

The important thing is to make sure everything is on it's way back before you cancel, and shipping each item separate may also help since this will give you a tracking number for each garment. I haven't cancelled, I truly like the service and have never had any issue that they didn't quickly resolve. Sometimes it takes longer then expected to get a package, but considering they usually send out the next garment(s) before they even receive yours back (assuming you notify them) I can deal with an occasional late shipment. Also they are constantly upgrading me and giving me an extra garment for 30 days, or 60 days... so even with late shipments, I come out way on top.

By Sandie B.

Hi Kathy - we actually don't have that data. We know that there are many women who absolutely love the service, who are all sizes. We hope you'll give the 30 day free trial a chance to see for yourself.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Diana, that is a horrible explanation for a legitimate concern about LATE SHIPMENTS. If GB is promising you TWO DAY SHIPPING, you should get TWO DAY SHIPPING. PERIOD. (Or, just run!)

By Justin T.

Suzanne, Items process in 2-3 days and then ship via USPS Priority Mail. Those on the 3-item plan usually receive 9-12 garments per month depending on how fast they return them. We have a "Return Notification" feature where you can give us a heads up items are on their way back to us and we can start processing your next package. We'd love for you to try the 30-day free trial to see how many garments you can get for yourself! Our average turnaround time is 4-7 days depending on if you use our return notification feature & where you live. The return notification feature lets you tell us when you're returning an item, so we do not wait to physically receive it & can start processing your replacement within an hour of clicking.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Pamela, Thanks for contacting us. Joining is quite simple, just go to https://closet.gwynniebee.com/pages/ultimate-closet & click the purple get started box. You'll need to set up an account & select a password. The system will also ask you to select a free trial plan -1, 2 or 3 garments out at a time. Most people select our 3 plan, cause it'll get you the most clothes. You can change you plan at any time, however if you want to change plans before being billed simply change it before your 1st bill date. At this point the system will ask you to enter your credit card info, this is needed to verify your card since we're sending out merchandise or in case you wish to purchase anything. Your credit card will be pre-authorized for the full amount of your plan plus tax, the pre-auth usually drops off within minutes of joining. Next is the fun part, building your closet. You'll add all the styles you like (in your size) to your closet. Once you reach the minimum (usually 8 items) the system will take over & randomly select items based on availability & process them for shipping. When you receive your rental box - wear your garments & enjoy. When you're ready to exchange them simply notify us online (under the garment picture), drop them in the pre-paid return bag (no need to wash them, we'll do that) & mail them at any USPS drop box or post office. We'll start prepping your replacement box once you notify us online. Check out our FAQs for more info. Or if you have any additional questions, please contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855GWYNNIE.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative

Hi Mischele, Thanks for your interest in Gwynnie Bee. The best way to judge our customer service is to try us out yourself. That's why we offer a 30 day free trial - check out our fashions, fun & customer service 1st hand. Try us us, we're absolutely free (we do pre-authorize credit cards), if you decide it's not for you, just cancel before your 1st bill date to avoid being billed. Please read our FAQs for more info (https://support.gwynniebee.com/hc/en-us) or contact us at gwynnie@gwynniebee.com or 855-GWYNNIE, for more info.

By Gwynnie B., Gwynnie Bee Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gwynnie Bee staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gwynnie Bee