Review of GumTree

GumTree reviews

rayleec
9/1/18

This site kinda sucks. Been trying to sell my very well maintained '06 Ford Falcon since Nov last year when I paid for a years registration - it's now August, 9 months later, and I've only had 2 genuine calls, and they never showed up to look at it as arranged. The other 4 or 5 were texts and emails, which is the only way scammers operate. When you text them to phone you, you never hear back from them. I even went along with one guy, Ryan Smith, and he went so far as to say he was in Darwin and would have it shipped sight unseen if I immediately paid shipping, which he'd paid for in the paypal payment, which looked legit. Of course I went straight to my paypal account and sure enough, no payment had been made. Very disappointing!!

mariav165
6/29/18

They keep deleting my advert, despite is for selling handmade items they keep deleting it with the reason that i didn't place it in the right category, which is very confusing anyway, to choose a category for selling beauty care products.
I even paid to include my online shop link and they take my money twice and never refunded.
Why do you keep doing this to so many people?

georgem423
6/17/18

gumtree is another option to e bay
I find gumtree easier to list and sell things from [being in the private sector myself]
I haven't tried e bay try sell 2nd hand items from because gumtree have done the job

andyn14
9/16/15

this is a great free to post site but beware when posting, with many scammer around.

They will go for higher priced item, plus shipping cost and request to pay via PAYPAL. It is all right to usa PAYPAL but they will claim they had made payment but the payment never come.

Then they were use a FAKE PAYPAL to send you "reminder" saying. The fund will be deposited only after you pay for the shipping cost, which is extremely high price and maybe can deliver to the moon. Take for instant, just a piece of watch and this item will cost $800 to ship.

BEWARE. Don't be scam!!!

BTW, I tried to post a "SCAM ALERT" to warn fellow user but the was block by gumtree.sg

Questions? Get answers from the GumTree staff and other customers.

GumTree?