Grand River Poodles reviews

jenniferl269
1/3/18

I just want to say the the toy poodle I purchased from Mrs. Katona very recently was everything she had promised it would be. I am so happy with my purchase of my new puppy. She means everything to me. She is my new best friend. On top of this, she is a beautiful red girl, full of love and is very healthy. Mrs. Katona kept me updated and informed on my new chosen puppy until the day I received her by responding frequently to any questions that I might have had by texting, phoning me, and sending videos of the puppy, so I could see how she was progressing. All I wanted was a happy and healthy puppy. This is exactly what I got. Mrs. Katona seems to be a very honest breeder. I would definitely consider buying another dog from her in the near future. I would highly recommend buying a puppy from Mrs.Katona to my relatives and friends. Thank You for everything Mrs. Katona!

roberts68
5/13/12

Mrs. Katona lives in the state of Ohio and we live in the state of Missouri, we purchased a light apricot toy poodle puppy. In her false ads in www.puppyfind.com and in her website www.grandriverpoodles.com she is selling her puppy for $1,300.00 without AKC papers. We paid her $1,500.00 because we were promised to have the puppy with her AKC limited papers. We paid $200.00 for the AKC papers. She claims to be a top breeder, who has won multiple shows, and is in very high standing with AKC. After paying $1,500.00 plus $375.00 for shipping, plus all PayPal charges, I paid close to $2,000.00. Her website states when you receive your puppy you will receive a complete vet exam, health certificate, airline approved crate, a soft bed with food and water. The ad in www.puppyfind.com states I will also receive a copy of her pedigree.
After I paid her completely, and complied with all of her requests, and paid the $375.00 for shipping, it is my understanding that the shipper is responsible in obtaining the airline that will transport the puppy from point A to B. In fact, I am the one that had to find all the information on the two different air carriers, because she was to busy to do this herself. Remember, I already paid her the fees, she was the one responsible for doing all of this.
When I received the puppy, the crate was used, the feeding bowls were bent, and the so called soft called bed was a used kitchen rag with holes in it. ( I have pictures to prove it). There was no food or water in any of her bowls. When I took the puppy out of the cage she was not given a bath or groomed and had dried feces stuck by her anal area. The only paper work I received was the health certificate allowing her to travel. I never received copy of the vet exam, the soft bed, her AKC papers and her pedigree papers I was promised.
When I contacted Mrs. Katona inquiring about the papers for the puppy including AKC papers, shot and vet records, she said there are not vet records. I asked her how am I supposed to know what shots she had because she is supposed to be current, she said she is the vet. But in her ads and website says that her puppies are thoroughly checked by a local vet. Besides that she told me that in order for me to get her AKC papers I have to pay her a fee of $500.00. So I asked her if the puppy is $1,300.00 without AKC papers, and $1,500.00 with limited AKC papers, which I paid, now I have no papers, and I asked her what was the extra $200.00 I paid you for, she could never respond to me. So now I paid for a mutt. So I have a puppy with no pedigree, no AKC papers, no shot records, nothing. Up to now I want to know what I paid $1,500.00 for.
When I told her I want all of my money back, because I felt and still feel defrauded and what I was promised I never got, her response to me was this: She will out of all the money, she will deduct $300.00 for a non-refundable fee plus she will not be refunding the PayPal charges, and all of the sudden after she gets the dog back she needs to take the dog to a local vet for a checkup, after she told me she was the vet, and she said that the vet bill will be deducted from my money. So in return the only money I will get back, from the almost $2,000.00 I paid, might be $300.00-400.00. I even gave her a chance and called her back, I told her I would let everything go if she sends me the shot records and AKC papers, and her response was "there are no papers for you".
I have all my paperwork my PayPal receipts, copies of the www.puppyfind.com ads, and the copy of the website advertisement for the puppy she sold us.

Questions? Get answers from the Grand River Poodles staff and other customers.

Grand River Poodles?